Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magnetic Phantom

lovely_sidney

The two books that somewhat fit the description of murder mystery were The City & The City and Set this House in Order.
Recently I decided to read some of the many Agatha Christie novels but haven't started yet. While looking at those, I also discovered another female author from about the same time (I think the two might even have met) who wrote just about as many books as her but whom I had never heard of before.

Yeah, I couldn't go to the forest as much this year though, which means that I suck at running even more than on average. wink

Parks large enough to get lost in sound like a great thing! And so is reading in the park. (Only I couldn't do that in the sun.) Not surprised there were lots of people though!

Why does it make other people uncomfortable when you don't wear a bra?
Depending on people's boob sizes (and my level of attention), I probably wouldn't even notice whether they are wearing one or not.
Oh and since Al brought up sports bras: Recently I found one that has a pocket, which I thought about and decided that wasn't a bad idea. But the strange thing was, the description made it out as if people have always been carrying things in their bras. ... I never did, never even heard of that, and now I wonder whether that's just me. o.o

How is sleeping nude better when you're sleeping with bedsheets and all anyway?

Aldfridus
I love that you have a "this is how it always goes" thing when meeting new people.

Those birds are really loud. They're closely related to crows and they often come in pairs.
Awh your poor sparrow. I wouldn't know how to care for baby birds.

Yotsudai
Anjoulie
Yotsudai
Look, I have lots of owls (and three not-owls) for you!
That barn owl tho. INTENSE.

How have you been?
I really like those from the second-to-last picture but all of them are pretty, including the not-owls.

And I have been melting under a heatwave lately. Not built for this. sad
The next days are supposed to be much better though.

How about you?

Your workouts make me feel lazy.

oh, this site.

Dapper Citizen

10,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Feline Enchantress

Yotsudai
I totally get ya on that working out makes you feel good thing. I started to do more heavy lifting (whereas before it was mostly cardio and calisthenics). Just recently, one of my close friends told me that their mother looked at me and said to her, "They look like they work out a lot." Aw yiss, gains.
But actually I haven't been working out lately and lost all my tone. :C

Cardio makes you lose all your gains! I do cardio to soften my legs for the heavy lifting, though. 15 minutes.

I was bedridden 3 weeks ago because of a fever, and didn't go to the gym until last week.
I lost all my resistance. But I also lost some fat because I didn't eat that many cookies!

Anjoulie
I love that you have a "this is how it always goes" thing when meeting new people.

Those birds are really loud. They're closely related to crows and they often come in pairs.
Awh your poor sparrow. I wouldn't know how to care for baby birds.

They need to know, or else they would get worried with any future accident. That way, it's just an anecdote and not such a big deal.

Like the first time I fell from a roof this year, everyone at work was worried about me and my bruises.
The second time I went through the roof the next month, everyone found it funny, but still cared and worried. Just not too seriously.
And two months before I was on that car accident, and that was even worst than falling from rooftops.

I love crows emotion_kirakira
But, do they sing or do they scream?

PerfectxChild
/stops by

I want to pinch your cheeks and never let you go.

Sweet Sex Symbol

Aldfridus
Oh, yeah I have heard of the men who like getting their junk beat up. I don't understand it but if it works, good for them, I guess. Eyes makes sense. Heh, biting. I play bite my boyfriend a lot. He seems neutral to it.

That is the main issue I have with me not wearing a bra out in public- the staring. Oh the staring that would most likely happen. I am not an exhibitionist and I don't like people looking at me creepily. This remains the major reason why wear bras out even though they are uncomfortable and there have been numerous studies supporting that they are unnecessary/detrimental to the breasts. Lol, well the sports bras I have still don't fully hid the nipples. I can still see them. I got black ones to try to make them less obvious, but didn't work out that way.

Heh, that kid.
Anjoulie
Hmm, I guess I'll check those books out/read reviews. My parents and I actually have a vacation set up in a couple weeks, so dunno if I'll be that hard up for reading material since I'll be doing other things. We'll see.

Haha, yes I like that the park is large enough that I can explore different areas I've never been to whenever I go.

In America, at least, breasts are highly sexualized. Women aren't allowed to breast feed in pretty much any public area. Female nipples, therefore, are taboo. Peoples' reactions to seeing female nipples/breasts are quite severe, or so I have seen.

I have never seen a sports bra with pockets. I don't know if I'd want something bouncing around. Yeah, I have seen a lot of girls put their phone or small things in their bras. I have put paper in there a couple of times when I didn't have a bag, pants with pockets/male friend with pockets.

There's no drag if I am sleeping nude, so I can roll around as I please. If wearing clothes, they will drag on the blankets. After being used to sleeping nude for so long, the feeling disturbs my sleep and makes me irritated.

Magnetic Phantom

Aldfridus

Oh, what I meant to say was it's amazing that you can predict their reactions like that.
Why did you fall from/through all of those roofs btw?

I kind of like them too but then again they're loud.
It's more like a scream, even though ironically they belong among the songbirds.

lovely_sidney

Yay for vacation! Maybe it'll involve flight/train/car time in which to read though. :3

I remember there was some kind of public outcry in London recently when a woman was breastfeeding in a fancy hotel and a staff member had her either cover up with a napkin or leave. (I'm not quite sure which because I didn't pay that much attention but I remember it making news.)
People "protest breastfed" in front of the fancy hotel for a while.

I'm kind of on the fence about it. I probably wouldn't do that in public either and I don't really want to have to stare at people doing that everywhere,
but I also don't feel a need to tell them what to do or not to do and besides it's a normal thing and mothers shouldn't have to shut themselves in for however long breastfeeding takes.
And I wouldn't want them to be forced to go to restrooms to breastfeed. That's just wrong.

Here, you can look at it. It also has the hilarious description.
I'm not sure I want this either but it could be useful to hold the keys,
and the one reviewer there seems to be happy with the thing. =D

Ah I see. You could also go the opposite way: satin sheets and pajamas and then you just slide off the bed. blaugh

Magnetic Phantom

PerfectxChild
/stops by
Alyways happy to have you. :3

Feline Enchantress

lovely_sidney
Oh, yeah I have heard of the men who like getting their junk beat up. I don't understand it but if it works, good for them, I guess. Eyes makes sense. Heh, biting. I play bite my boyfriend a lot. He seems neutral to it.

That is the main issue I have with me not wearing a bra out in public- the staring. Oh the staring that would most likely happen. I am not an exhibitionist and I don't like people looking at me creepily. This remains the major reason why wear bras out even though they are uncomfortable and there have been numerous studies supporting that they are unnecessary/detrimental to the breasts. Lol, well the sports bras I have still don't fully hid the nipples. I can still see them. I got black ones to try to make them less obvious, but didn't work out that way.

Heh, that kid.

I don't know how it could work, but I guess it does something, or they wouldn't do that to themselves.

There was a time in college when I didn't use underwear (before I started shaving). Peeps did notice my trouser snake sometimes.

I liked it.

Well, yes, sport bras do show some nips, but I guess they are more comfy than regular bras.

Anjoulie
Oh, what I meant to say was it's amazing that you can predict their reactions like that.
Why did you fall from/through all of those roofs btw?

I kind of like them too but then again they're loud.
It's more like a scream, even though ironically they belong among the songbirds.

I was talking with a friend I hadn't seen in a while today about my car's electrical problems that are being solved by another auto shop.
And then he said "you had a tons of accidents this year, didn't you?", and it wasn't even the theme of the conversation
So yeah, that also happens all the time, so that's how I know.

In January I feel when I was going into a neighbour's house because they didn't have the
key and something broke and I fell down, standing upwards. I bruised my arms pretty bad.
The second time I was cleaning my own roof because of the heavy rain. Too many leaves from our
trees got stuck on the waterway, and I fell through. I bruised my legs pretty bad.

Oh, so they are death metal fans. lol

Magnetic Phantom

Aldfridus
There was a time in college when I didn't use underwear (before I started shaving). Peeps did notice my trouser snake sometimes.

I really can't imagine this not being rather uncomfortable.

Aldfridus
I was talking with a friend I hadn't seen in a while today about my car's electrical problems that are being solved by another auto shop.
And then he said "you had a tons of accidents this year, didn't you?", and it wasn't even the theme of the conversation
So yeah, that also happens all the time, so that's how I know.

In January I feel when I was going into a neighbour's house because they didn't have the
key and something broke and I fell down, standing upwards. I bruised my arms pretty bad.
The second time I was cleaning my own roof because of the heavy rain. Too many leaves from our
trees got stuck on the waterway, and I fell through. I bruised my legs pretty bad.

Oh, so they are death metal fans. lol
Maybe you have some kind of Karma-problem. What did you do in all of your past lives? blaugh

But this sounds like you did get rather lucky after all. I mean you didn't break bones or fell on your head or anything else really serious.

Death metal?
You can listen to the Jay calls btw.
Linking to the German article because it has (more pictures and) three samples instead of one.
The third one is a really good mimic of the Buzzard call.
I just met another Buzzard earlier today. Somehow I happen to come across them often.

Salty Smoker

Yotsudai
Anjoulie
Yotsudai
Look, I have lots of owls (and three not-owls) for you!
That barn owl tho. INTENSE.

How have you been?
I really like those from the second-to-last picture but all of them are pretty, including the not-owls.

And I have been melting under a heatwave lately. Not built for this. sad
The next days are supposed to be much better though.

How about you?

Your workouts make me feel lazy.

oh, this site.
Huh, the more you know. Also, that's fun to say: "Caprimulgiformes". (* O*)/

I read a bit about that. How are you dealing with it?

Meh, I literally wake up, eat, go to the gym, eat, then play video games, and then sleep. With lots of eating in between. So that's like, 22 hrs of unproductivity and like, 2 hrs of actual activity so I wouldn't be talking.

Aldfridus
Yotsudai
I totally get ya on that working out makes you feel good thing. I started to do more heavy lifting (whereas before it was mostly cardio and calisthenics). Just recently, one of my close friends told me that their mother looked at me and said to her, "They look like they work out a lot." Aw yiss, gains.
But actually I haven't been working out lately and lost all my tone. :C

Cardio makes you lose all your gains! I do cardio to soften my legs for the heavy lifting, though. 15 minutes.

I was bedridden 3 weeks ago because of a fever, and didn't go to the gym until last week.
I lost all my resistance. But I also lost some fat because I didn't eat that many cookies!

I know bruh, I know. But you need it for that definition tho. Plus I need it personally for my workout goals.

Bahahaha, damn cookies get ya every time.

I am also vaguely reminded of a time when some chat threads had a rule about quote trees getting too long.

Feline Enchantress

Anjoulie
Maybe you have some kind of Karma-problem. What did you do in all of your past lives? blaugh

But this sounds like you did get rather lucky after all. I mean you didn't break bones or fell on your head or anything else really serious.

I was probably a politician.

Well, one time when I was little, I climbed a pole, and fell down on my head. Nothing happened, though.

'cept for the fact that I'm crazy.

There was another time when I fell down with the right side of my face into the ground, and got tons of scabs.

And another time when I got hit by an apple on the nose. And another when I got hit by a wooden block on the back of my head.

I'm Homer Simpson, basically.

Yotsudai
I know bruh, I know. But you need it for that definition tho. Plus I need it personally for my workout goals.

Bahahaha, damn cookies get ya every time.

I am also vaguely reminded of a time when some chat threads had a rule about quote trees getting too long.

I just want to get big and strong, and I'll cut on the cookies before summer.

Gotta meet your workout goals, though.

Screw the rules. I have money. They are hard to read if they get long enough, for sure.

Magnetic Phantom

Yotsudai
Huh, the more you know. Also, that's fun to say: "Caprimulgiformes". (* O*)/

I read a bit about that. How are you dealing with it?

Meh, I literally wake up, eat, go to the gym, eat, then play video games, and then sleep. With lots of eating in between. So that's like, 22 hrs of unproductivity and like, 2 hrs of actual activity so I wouldn't be talking.

Yeah, they're basically filling the owl niche but are not owls.
It's odd with animals on Wikipedia. The English articles often have the latin names only.
Btw this means "goat milker shaped" because:
"The Latin generic name refers to the old myth that the nocturnal nightjar suckled goats, causing them to cease to give milk."

Waaait, that means you basically play video games all day?
Doesn't that get boring? I'm sure there are more things that you do.

Aldfridus

I was probably a politician.

Well, one time when I was little, I climbed a pole, and fell down on my head. Nothing happened, though.

'cept for the fact that I'm crazy.

There was another time when I fell down with the right side of my face into the ground, and got tons of scabs.

And another time when I got hit by an apple on the nose. And another when I got hit by a wooden block on the back of my head.

I'm Homer Simpson, basically.

Well, that would explain the bad karma.

Haha, my mom keeps telling me that I fell down the cellar steps several times when I was little.
So maybe I'm just as crazy as you.

How did you get hit by an apple??

Oh and the youtube embed code is broken.
You have to change it to [ video ] [ /video ] (minus the spaces) to make it work.

Feline Enchantress

Anjoulie
Well, that would explain the bad karma.

Haha, my mom keeps telling me that I fell down the cellar steps several times when I was little.
So maybe I'm just as crazy as you.

How did you get hit by an apple??

Probably crazier! We'll find out one day.

It was thrown into the air, and then it hit me in the nose.

Thanks for the embedding advice <3

I love that video.

Magnetic Phantom

Aldfridus
Probably crazier! We'll find out one day.

It was thrown into the air, and then it hit me in the nose.

Thanks for the embedding advice <3

I love that video.

Really? What makes me crazier than you? D:

Ah, now you reminded me of the embarrassing incident where I got hit in the eye by a ... whatever the things are called that you hit back and forth in badminton.
I have no idea why I neither dodged nor hit it before it hit me. rolleyes

You're welcome. I only know this because someone made a thread about in SF a while ago.

Feline Enchantress

Anjoulie

Ah, now you reminded me of the embarrassing incident where I got hit in the eye by a ... whatever the things are called that you hit back and forth in badminton.

You're welcome. I only know this because someone made a thread about in SF a while ago.

Well, you keep hanging out with buzzards, for example.
That's like me saying "yo, the other day I went swimming where the sea lions gather to eat."
Which I haven't done. Not exactly where they gather to eat, at least.

Crazy Anj <3

It's called a bird or birdie. But it's name in English is shuttlecock. What were they thinking.

Magnetic Phantom

Aldfridus
Anjoulie

Well, you keep hanging out with buzzards, for example.
That's like me saying "yo, the other day I went swimming where the sea lions gather to eat."
Which I haven't done. Not exactly where they gather to eat, at least.

Crazy Anj <3

It's called a bird or birdie. But it's name in English is shuttlecock. What were they thinking.

I haven't seen more buzzards the last two times. sad
But I startled a deer on Saturday cause I didn't see it in time to slow down.

Whaaat, why wouldn't you go to see sea lions? I would. o.o

I don't see how that makes me crazy tho. <3

Yeah, I read that too and was all: nah, that can't be right ... ^^

Edit: Why did I just know you'd update the thread title with this?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff