Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magnetic Phantom

Aldfridus
Yeah, we're okay. My city didn't have any casualties, but got damaged a ton.

Not as much as the rest of the affected areas, though. We're all gathering useful stuff for them.
Ah, I'm glad to hear that.
(Well, that you're okay I mean. Not the things about the other less fortunate people. I hope they'll be able to get their lives back together soon.)

MsDark_Heart
I've been in training.
But I'm doing super well in training.
After a week and a half in, my trainer said he thought I'd definitely make a good supervisor if I wanted to go that route,
And that he'd totally recommend me if that time came.
So that's pretty good.
As for you, I'm glad you're okay.

Not a whole lot fun.
I got engaged last year. I dunno if you heard about that.
Uuuuum....got a new job.
Almost died about a year or so ago.
But I got that pretty much under control.
Uuuum....my fiance and I are figuring out whether or not I'm moving down to where he is,
or if he'll be moving up here.
But by the end of the year, we should finally be living together and in the same state and whatnot.
idk. Not doing much super exciting.

How about you? What have you been up to?
It's been too long since I talked to you last.

What, how is all of this not exciting?? It sound pretty amazing to me - except for the almost dying part. O.o How did that happen?
Your life is definitely more interesting than mine. XD My 'excitement' only amounts to such things as "Look, a deer!" and "Look, frog eggs!" after all. And occasional cake.

I think I read about the engagement in one of your statuses a while ago.
Are you living far apart from each other?

Timid Cleric

Anjoulie

Yeah. It's about an eight hour drive to where he is from where I am.
As for the almost dying thing...
Well, in the summer of 2013 I started having these spells, usually when I was at work...
I would get super shaky, end up in a cold sweat, and almost black out.
It happened a few times, very spaced out though, but then in the fall it happened like three times in one month
so, since it was happening so frequently I decided it was time to go to the doctor.
He asked me a few questions, felt around on my neck a little,
then said he was gunna run some blood work and that they're get back to me in a few days.
Well, the very next day they called me back with the results.
Turns out a couple of the hormone levels from my thyroid were extremely out of normal range resulting in Hyperthroidism.
So, they referred me to an endocrinologist, saying that I needed to get in asap.
Which was kinda scary.
And after the endocrinologist ordered some more tests,
we found out the hyperthyroidism was a result of an autoimmune disease called Graves' Disease.
Those spells I was having were due to thyrotoxic crisis.
Which is where the thyroid releases too much hormone in too short a period of time.
And can cause seizures, coma, and if left untreated death.
It's considered an emergency and I should have gone to the hospital when it happened.
But I didn't know what was going on, so yeah.
So there's that story, I guess.

My parents have been shitty [as usual] over the course of all of this though.
Like, I almost died
and my dad told me if I just got outside and exercised more that I'd feel better.
Never mind the fact that my body is literally attacking itself for no known reason.
I dunno. Between still having to live with my psychologically abusive parents for the time being,
trying to deal with the depression as a result of that as well as my bipolar disorder,
and trying to manage my health....it's hard to be excited about much of anything really.
I'm just exhausted all the time.

But anyway.
Animals are totally cool!
I think it would be nice to be able to go check up on the frog eggs
and see the progression.
I haven't done that since I was in like...second grade.
Also, deer are cute as frick, tbh.
I mean...I'm not big on cake...
but animals are pretty cool, yo.

Magnetic Phantom

MsDark_Heart
Yeah. It's about an eight hour drive to where he is from where I am.
As for the almost dying thing...
Well, in the summer of 2013 I started having these spells, usually when I was at work...
I would get super shaky, end up in a cold sweat, and almost black out.
It happened a few times, very spaced out though, but then in the fall it happened like three times in one month
so, since it was happening so frequently I decided it was time to go to the doctor.
He asked me a few questions, felt around on my neck a little,
then said he was gunna run some blood work and that they're get back to me in a few days.
Well, the very next day they called me back with the results.
Turns out a couple of the hormone levels from my thyroid were extremely out of normal range resulting in Hyperthroidism.
So, they referred me to an endocrinologist, saying that I needed to get in asap.
Which was kinda scary.
And after the endocrinologist ordered some more tests,
we found out the hyperthyroidism was a result of an autoimmune disease called Graves' Disease.
Those spells I was having were due to thyrotoxic crisis.
Which is where the thyroid releases too much hormone in too short a period of time.
And can cause seizures, coma, and if left untreated death.
It's considered an emergency and I should have gone to the hospital when it happened.
But I didn't know what was going on, so yeah.
So there's that story, I guess.

My parents have been shitty [as usual] over the course of all of this though.
Like, I almost died
and my dad told me if I just got outside and exercised more that I'd feel better.
Never mind the fact that my body is literally attacking itself for no known reason.
I dunno. Between still having to live with my psychologically abusive parents for the time being,
trying to deal with the depression as a result of that as well as my bipolar disorder,
and trying to manage my health....it's hard to be excited about much of anything really.
I'm just exhausted all the time.

But anyway.
Animals are totally cool!
I think it would be nice to be able to go check up on the frog eggs
and see the progression.
I haven't done that since I was in like...second grade.
Also, deer are cute as frick, tbh.
I mean...I'm not big on cake...
but animals are pretty cool, yo.
That does sound serious and scary. eek
But you're being treated for it and you're gonna be all right, right?

I'm sorry your parents are so ... whatever the opposite of supportive is.
I can see how that must be an additional drain on your energy. sad
Going outside and exercising is usually a good idea, but it doesn't magically fix everything.

But hey, you're going to get married and move out soon. That's something to look forward to!
Maybe all the psychological things will sort itself out once your environment is changed. :3

Yeah, animals are always nice.
I wanted to go and check on them today, but it's been rainy and windy all day. sad

Deer are indeed so cute.
(And if you search back a few pages, I think I posted a video of a farting deer that still cracks me up without fail.
It makes me feel rather simple-minded but I can't help it. XD
Maybe it'll cheer you up a little as well?)

Yeah, I don't get too many occasions for cake. I also notice that I tend to want something salty or savory after sweet things. And less sweet things than I used to.
But I made this for dessert today. It was nice but it was definitely missing some vanilla ice cream or sauce.

Sweet Sex Symbol

Aldfridus
Ah yes, one of the last few remaining dino-like animal on this earth.
Anjoulie
Ahem. Yes, it is I.

So I got online today to see if Gaia had any April fools item. So far, it doesn't seem like it. I saw some avatar event with Old Pete, but I'm too late for that. Oh well.

So I recently got back from Spring break. Most of my friends couldn't go on a vacation this time. It was down to just two of us, but his thing in Florida fell through. Since break is only 1 week, I didn't bother flying back home or driving (expensive/time consuming). I just stayed with Dar most of the time, but he works from 3pm-midnight, except for Thursday and Friday.
On top of this, the weather was sucky...cold, windy, rainy, cloudly. I stayed inside most of the time and watched tv and did some work on projects and homework. Yay. His dog, Gia, was at his grandma's (which makes sense since he works during most of the day and his mom was away in Sweden. His mom was in Sweden for work stuffs btw). I didn't even have the dog to keep me company. So lonely. Well it was nice to just relax a bit, thought it was pretty boring at times.

How things been here/with you two in real life?

Magnetic Phantom

lovely_sidney
Ahem. Yes, it is I.

So I got online today to see if Gaia had any April fools item. So far, it doesn't seem like it. I saw some avatar event with Old Pete, but I'm too late for that. Oh well.

So I recently got back from Spring break. Most of my friends couldn't go on a vacation this time. It was down to just two of us, but his thing in Florida fell through. Since break is only 1 week, I didn't bother flying back home or driving (expensive/time consuming). I just stayed with Dar most of the time, but he works from 3pm-midnight, except for Thursday and Friday.
On top of this, the weather was sucky...cold, windy, rainy, cloudly. I stayed inside most of the time and watched tv and did some work on projects and homework. Yay. His dog, Gia, was at his grandma's (which makes sense since he works during most of the day and his mom was away in Sweden. His mom was in Sweden for work stuffs btw). I didn't even have the dog to keep me company. So lonely. Well it was nice to just relax a bit, thought it was pretty boring at times.

How things been here/with you two in real life?
Siddles! emotion_hug

lol You're still in your Xmas Avatar.
I skimmed SF and GCD yesterday and got the impression there was an April fools item,
but it was sold for GC and not free and caused some kind of lukewarm uproar or something.

One week really doesn't seem worth it. Here you just get time off between semesters and just as much for Xmas and New Year's to fit in the holidays (about two weeks).
You really wanted to go to Florida for Spring break? o.o (From what I gather of it, I'm not the type for that.)
You should have been here, weather was fine until Tuesday when a storm hit.
Awh, you could have come where while you were bored. :3

Things here have been mostly as usual.
Except for last night when I made the not so smart decision to watch a documentary about the negative effects of glyphosate (the herbicide Monsanto sells as Round Up). All those terribly misformed piglets and babies meant that I was wide awake past normal bedtimes. o.o
On the bright side though, this meant I overheard some burglars trying to get into one of the neighboring houses.
Unfortunately they managed to get away before the Police arrived but at least nobody was harmed and not too much was broken. :3

Feline Enchantress

MsDark_Heart
I've been in training.
But I'm doing super well in training.
After a week and a half in, my trainer said he thought I'd definitely make a good supervisor if I wanted to go that route,
And that he'd totally recommend me if that time came.
So that's pretty good.
As for you, I'm glad you're okay.

I have always thought that doing great at one's job is a sign of how great a person is.

Having responsibilities is not bad, most of the time.

Anjoulie
My 'excitement' only amounts to such things as "Look, a deer!" and "Look, frog eggs!" after all. And occasional cake.

I wish I had "occasional cake" in my life. I only have "occasional peanut butter and jam" and "not many birthday cakes."

lovely_sidney
Ah yes, one of the last few remaining dino-like animal on this earth.

The little ******** are armored and can spray acid.

Magnetic Phantom

Aldfridus
I wish I had "occasional cake" in my life. I only have "occasional peanut butter and jam" and "not many birthday cakes."
The occasional cake mostly just happens when I bake it myself. You could bake some too. :3
There's no excuse for a lack of birthday cake tho, that's deplorable. sad

What was the dino-like animal?

And in other news:
They have hatched and I have tadpole pictures for you! ^_________^

Feline Enchantress

Anjoulie
Aldfridus
The occasional cake mostly just happens when I bake it myself. You could bake some too. :3
There's no excuse for a lack of birthday cake tho, that's deplorable. sad

What was the dino-like animal?

And in other news:
They have hatched and I have tadpole pictures for you! ^_________^

Well, since I already honed my bread-making skills, I'll try with cakes now.

It was the pangolin. They are cool.

Yessss, you should share the pictures with all of us! emotion_kirakira

Magnetic Phantom

Aldfridus
Well, since I already honed my bread-making skills, I'll try with cakes now.

It was the pangolin. They are cool.

Yessss, you should share the pictures with all of us! emotion_kirakira

That sounds like a good idea! ... I should expand my bread-making skills sometime.

Oh right! And yes, they are.

Awh, I don't really want to upload them to random places though.

Sweet Sex Symbol

Anjoulie
Aldfridus
Spray acid? I didn't know about that. The more you know.

Ha, yeah I didn't get around to changing my avatar when I logged on last. I have now changed for a more relevant holiday.
I was really only set on Florida since my friend had a friend down there with a possible place for us to stay at.
Wow, a robbery. I have never witnessed one happening in-person (that I know of). Heard about some from friends, though.

Today, I did laundry, shopping, homework, and summer job applications.
Then I got on Gaia to see what was up/veg. I tried this Easter event. Too much work to get the event items, unfortunately for me. I got two and it gave me the shoes for human and paw. (My least favorite items to get, actually. Ugh.) Since I spent about 30 mins doing that, I'm probably not going to bother getting the rest. Too bad, some of them looked kind of nice.

EDIT: WOW IT GAVE ME THE GREEN SWEATER VEST. THAT IS ARGUABLY THE UGLIEST ITEM FROM THIS EVENT. /maniacal laughter
Ugh.
EDIT 2: haha I had a change of heart and tried again, only to be let down once more. It just gave me a second one of the animal shoes I already have. Sooooooooo in short: wasted my time. ******** this event, I'm out.

I was so mad that I made a site feedback forum about it. I have literally never made a site feedback topic until now.

Feline Enchantress

lovely_sidney
EDIT: WOW IT GAVE ME THE GREEN SWEATER VEST. THAT IS ARGUABLY THE UGLIEST ITEM FROM THIS EVENT. /maniacal laughter
Ugh.
EDIT 2: haha I had a change of heart and tried again, only to be let down once more. It just gave me a second one of the animal shoes I already have. Sooooooooo in short: wasted my time. ******** this event, I'm out.

I was so mad that I made a site feedback forum about it. I have literally never made a site feedback topic until now.

It's so funny that the thread has a lot of </3 votes, but mostly supporting posts.

Some peeps are ******** dumb.

Edit: I'll tell you what I'm doing: I wait for the Mech to be defeated, and then cycle the grant URL between my mules.

You can still miss the URL if you're doing other, more interesting stuff, though.

Magnetic Phantom

lovely_sidney

I didn't know about the acid either. Maybe not all of them do that. My mom got to one once and I don't think they would have handed it to her if that was possible. (Too lazy to look it up tho. XD)

Yeah, I've never seen that happen either. I stood there for a few moments finding it somewhat unreal.
My silly process-oriented brain has since come up with: you should have been more subtle and gotten the camera in time to snap pictures as they were heading off.
Another part of my brain has noted the fact that the people who live there haven't come over to say thank you. I would have done that, if it had been my house, my stuff, my general well-being and my kid. I mean, I could just as well not have called the police for them.

You're so well-organized, Sid. o.o
Do you have to do another internship for your studies or is it just for monies?
Did you get to keep some recipes from the restaurant last summer btw? :3

I <3ed your thread. Their events have always been tedious and mostly boring, but they keep getting worse since relentless monetization happened. And I think I'm getting less patient with them. There are just so many more important and more interesting things to do than to sit there and search for eggs of play tedious games. Why can't they at least just give the event items out in some order like on Xmas? I might put up with tedium, if there's a set amount of "work" involved but the chance crap makes it impossible to calculate. I've seen someone say they had gathered 1000odd of those eggs. I hung out in CB for several hours last night and that yielded 36. Not really worth it.

Aldfridus
Hate does not require words, it seems. xp

I don't really wanna camp out on Gaia for ages tho. sad

Feline Enchantress

Anjoulie

Nope. And it's easier to hate blindly.

I haven't, either. I just came back from watching The Lego Movie and now I'm eating some pie.

Magnetic Phantom

Aldfridus
Anjoulie

Nope. And it's easier to hate blindly.

I haven't, either. I just came back from watching The Lego Movie and now I'm eating some pie.

Indeed.

You have pie. o.o Pie crust dough is one of those I suck at, hence no pie for me. sad
What kind is yours?

Oh and a random question: when are mangoes in season?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff