Welcome to Gaia! ::

Romantic Bookworm

Anjoulie

Very little has happened over the past month. The oldest kiddo had a birthday. He is four now and crazy tall. 43in/109cm. I'm kinda hoping he doesn't grow too much over this next year. Don't need people thinking there's a first grader in with the four/five year olds at 4year old Kindergarten. XD

Our Christmas trees are going out next week at work. I'm debating about getting a proper tree this year. We've just had a tall, skinny tree since it doesn't take up much space. There is one where all of the lighting cords are built into the pole and you can choose clear lights, colored lights, or both at the same time. But the kids are still little and don't really know what Christmas is, so maybe I'll put it off a couple of years.

Has the weather started to turn for you? Last week it was hot and humid. This week, on the cooler side. I'm wondering if it's safe to bring out the long sleeves, or are we going to have another heat wave before autumn is really here. XP A few years ago it was shorts and flip flop weather in December. @_@

Magnetic Phantom

yuki_lily

Oh yay for him! Happy belated birthday! Also, what do you feed him? o.O
I think one of my neighbors' boys is also tall for his age. Either that or another one who is the same age is small for his. They're often playing together outside, so it's very noticeable. Maybe it's all just normal and will equalize over time. I remember having read that boys keep growing for longer than girls do while girls tend to have growth spurts early which can make them taller than boys of the same age at times.

Oh! We've never had a re-usable tree actually. My parents usually go and buy a tree ... tree.
So I have no experience with that kind. But we have had smaller ones that we propped up on a stool or a (side) table.

Yeah, just today actually. It was rather warm up until yesterday. Today we've had the first few drops of rain in ages.
I hope it never gets shorts-and-flip-flops-warm here in December. It's bad enough that we're getting less and less snow but that kind of warmth would feel weird.
My solution for the temperature problem is t-shirts + zip-hoodies (and such) btw. But then again, my wardrobe is too small to really put things away for longer, so technically everything is always within reach. ^^

This week I started reading my last Jane Austen "book". "Book" because it's Lady Susan, The Watsons and Sanditon all in one. - I think there's a movie based on Lady Susan and a series based on Sanditon recently and I haven't watched either yet. Did you?
Sadly, the introduction of the book gave away a bit of the plots of all three. ._.

Also, the department store I mentioned won't be closed after all - or at least not soon. The city struck some kind of deal with the owners of the chain apparently. I think that's a bit shady but at least the people working there will get to keep their jobs (for now).
Still checking in. Been out of it with the weather getting colder, but I'm fine.

11,715 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Salutations to all who are still here in Gaia!

Dapper Citizen

Hello to all that are still here! Stay safe and have a good rest-of-the-year!
burning_eyes

11,715 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Im so bored :/

Magnetic Phantom

White Exile
Hello to all that are still here! Stay safe and have a good rest-of-the-year!
Oh hey! :3

Shy Kitten

*pixie walks in and has a quick look around. She shivers from the cool damp air and walks around,listening to her footsteps echoing* Hello...is anyone here? *she calmly calls out*

Magnetic Phantom

yuki_lily
The Cash Shop Update thread has links to a cat-themed freebie. gaia_kittenstar

Magnetic Phantom

I spent the whole day baking cookies and now I feel kind of beat. eek

However, I recommend these cookies:

Magnetic Phantom

Keeping the thread alive with random relaxing background music.

Timid Cleric

*sneaks in and waves*
It has been a long time....Hullo.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out