Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magnetic Phantom

Aldfridus
Why make it, when you can buy it!

Why buy it, when you can make it yourself?

I don't think the stuff from the poster is sold here.
We do have ice cream parlor-like places that sell frozen yoghurt but I've never been to one
and I bet it's more expensive than making it yourself.

Besides, and most importantly, this way I know what's in it. :3
Anjoulie
Hello!

Monetization happened.
New Gaia management decided that they want to make more monies in any way possible.
If you check around the GCD, there is a thread with a better summary, which people always link to when returning people ask what happened.

I think you must have left just before that change.

is it this one?

back in the days i used to think i was decently rich with my couple millions dramallama
yeah i left before alchemy was a thing, so it was before inflation got REALLY bad.

did they just multiply everyone's gold by x1000 or something?
i know i had ~2mil when i left, and i suddenly have 2bil now? couldn't find anything on it.

Aldfridus
We offered all the Chimis as sacrifice to the economy gods.

But they betrayed us.

i'm sorry i wasn't here to offer my entire body to the gods

also omigosh i haven't heard the nickname Chimi for so long ; w ;
damn it sounds so cute. i should just change my name back haha.

Magnetic Phantom

Usagimon
is it this one?

back in the days i used to think i was decently rich with my couple millions dramallama
yeah i left before alchemy was a thing, so it was before inflation got REALLY bad.

did they just multiply everyone's gold by x1000 or something?
i know i had ~2mil when i left, and i suddenly have 2bil now? couldn't find anything on it.

That could be it. There may be more than just this one.

I don't think alchemy is to blame for it, the problem is rather that they started selling gold-generating RIGs - and people bought them.
There's just a lot more gold in circulation than there used to be.

They started to increase the payouts from things like the Daily Chance and Booty Grab eventually,
but it's still basically impossible to keep up as a non-paying user
(unless if you really know how to play the marketplace maybe,
or if you're really great at making art or something).
Anjoulie

That could be it. There may be more than just this one.

I don't think alchemy is to blame for it, the problem is rather that they started selling gold-generating RIGs - and people bought them.
There's just a lot more gold in circulation than there used to be.

They started to increase the payouts from things like the Daily Chance and Booty Grab eventually,
but it's still basically impossible to keep up as a non-paying user
(unless if you really know how to play the marketplace maybe,
or if you're really great at making art or something).

i noticed the booty grab increase too! gold multiplied by something like 50000%? that's crazy!

all the new items are so nice though holy s**t
ALL THE BODY MODS

tektek is gone now but i see that there's an integrated dream avi system :p

are these like new monthly letters? wtf 30k GC like $300USD irl?

Macho Mantis
Hi, guys!
hello! c:

Feline Enchantress

Anjoulie
Why buy it, when you can make it yourself?

I don't think the stuff from the poster is sold here.
We do have ice cream parlor-like places that sell frozen yoghurt but I've never been to one
and I bet it's more expensive than making it yourself.

Besides, and most importantly, this way I know what's in it. :3

It was a visual joke cry

But I agree, knowing what you're actually eating is important.

Usagimon
i'm sorry i wasn't here to offer my entire body to the gods

also omigosh i haven't heard the nickname Chimi for so long ; w ;
damn it sounds so cute. i should just change my name back haha.

Nah, you gotta offer the original to me cool

It does sounds cute. It also sounds like something a cat would be called.

Then again, it's easier to handle your social media if you use a single online handle. Or easier to stalk someone.

Macho Mantis
Hi, guys!

OOOOHHHHH YEAAAHHHHH.

Magnetic Phantom

Usagimon
i noticed the booty grab increase too! gold multiplied by something like 50000%? that's crazy!

all the new items are so nice though holy s**t
ALL THE BODY MODS

tektek is gone now but i see that there's an integrated dream avi system :p

are these like new monthly letters? wtf 30k GC like $300USD irl?
I didn't test it myself (I don't like Booty Grab) but I read that the payout was increased.
Only, the amounts you make from it probably still don't get you anywhere compared to users who buy cash.
(I say probably because I stopped keeping track of items and prices a while ago.)

No, those are not the monthly letters.
Those are rewards for people who spend certain amounts of cash in a certain time.
The actual monthly collectibles are still there (in the CS and on the mp).
I haven't paid attention to them either but I think they now offer a third choice for an animal-base item.

Aldfridus

It was a visual joke cry

But I agree, knowing what you're actually eating is important.

Wah, I'm sorry. sad
Yeah, it is. It's sad so many people don't get it.

Speaking of people who can't get a clue: we're being hit by another heat wave
and for some reason, people think this means they can ignore noise regulations
and blast the whole neighborhood with their shitty music.
Last night, it was some idiots with rap or hip hop music,
some part of them then around 2 a.m. decided it would be a good idea to walk down the street loudly "singing" and shouting and screaming and then loiter around a nearby school ground.
(That was when I finally closed my windows, even though it was still too warm, because I was just so tired.)

Tonight, it is some other idiots with techno music.

And it's still 28° in here so I can't really close my windows yet. sad

Does it make me a grumpy old person that I would prefer being able to actually sleep at night? emotion_donotwant

Feline Enchantress

Anjoulie
Speaking of people who can't get a clue: we're being hit by another heat wave
and for some reason, people think this means they can ignore noise regulations
and blast the whole neighborhood with their shitty music.
Last night, it was some idiots with rap or hip hop music,
some part of them then around 2 a.m. decided it would be a good idea to walk down the street loudly "singing" and shouting and screaming and then loiter around a nearby school ground.
(That was when I finally closed my windows, even though it was still too warm, because I was just so tired.)

Tonight, it is some other idiots with techno music.

And it's still 28° in here so I can't really close my windows yet. sad

Does it make me a grumpy old person that I would prefer being able to actually sleep at night? emotion_donotwant

You're a grumpy person, but we like you that way <3

I'd be totally into those parties, though.

If I manage to get a big house, I'll cover everything the insides with soundproof foam and party everyday. Like in that KISS song.

We're getting rain again, yay! I'll send you some of it via mail.

Also, I sold more event potions and just bought the item, and other stuff. Now I'm aiming higher.

Magnetic Phantom

Aldfridus
You're a grumpy person, but we like you that way <3

I'd be totally into those parties, though.

If I manage to get a big house, I'll cover everything the insides with soundproof foam and party everyday. Like in that KISS song.

We're getting rain again, yay! I'll send you some of it via mail.

Also, I sold more event potions and just bought the item, and other stuff. Now I'm aiming higher.

I'm not a grumpy person. emotion_donotwant
I just don't like having things forced on me, and these things definitely include noise and heat.
And I've definitely had too much of both lately, with no way to evade them and that bothers me
because it keeps me from doing things I have to and want to do, including such basic, crucial things as sleep.

I have a suspicion about who threw the one on Thursday night and noooo, you shouldn't be with those people.
See, you care about making it soundproof first! So you're not an a*****e, unlike them.
I'm not completely devoid of understanding for people's need for partying btw,
I wouldn't complain half as much if they'd at least stop at midnight (which is already exceeding noise regulations).
But things being as they are I keep fantasizing about getting up in time to get in front of their houses and blast them with classical music at 6 a.m.
The only thing that keeps me from doing this, in addition to equip, is that I don't wanna do this to their innocent neighbors.
Meanwhile, I got thrown out of bed at 6.30 today by a crew of people hammering their way around the roof beams of the house that's being built next door. gonk

Oh rain would be amazing. I just read that this year so far we've only had the amount of rain that normally falls in two months. sad
Right now, I'm at least getting a really nice breeze through my windows so it's not quite as bad as yesterday.

Yay for you getting your item!
Which of the potions do people buy? o.o

Feline Enchantress

Anjoulie

You have to be like a huge rock in a river, Anj. You gotta let everything else flow besides you.

This year, we (at least my region) have gotten the amount of rain that falls in 10 years.
In three days. On March. That's super cool and super awful. We're getting rain today.

This kind of potions. And those potions. The others don't sell that high.

Magnetic Phantom

Aldfridus
You have to be like a huge rock in a river, Anj. You gotta let everything else flow besides you.

This year, we (at least my region) have gotten the amount of rain that falls in 10 years.
In three days. On March. That's super cool and super awful. We're getting rain today.

This kind of potions. And those potions. The others don't sell that high.

I would be, if you make me heat resistant and re-engineer my ears so I can fully close them?
It really is a design mistake on nature's part that we can't close ears and nose. sad

Ah, that's what I expected, though I didn't know there are 100% Ally and 200% Skill potions.
I never got any of those and rarely got the others. sad
That explains how some people managed to get to such high levels: they bought their way up.

What use is the Skill level in this game anyway btw??

Feline Enchantress

Anjoulie
I would be, if you make me heat resistant and re-engineer my ears so I can fully close them?
It really is a design mistake on nature's part that we can't close ears and nose. sad

Ah, that's what I expected, though I didn't know there are 100% Ally and 200% Skill potions.
I never got any of those and rarely got the others. sad
That explains how some people managed to get to such high levels: they bought their way up.

What use is the Skill level in this game anyway btw??

Well, nature's way was for us to live only 40 years at max. And to be hunter-gatherers. And here we are.

Those 100% potions are Skill level up rewards and cash shop RIG items.

You can't evolve some Kins if your level isn't high enough, nor get into new areas.

Magnetic Phantom

Aldfridus
Well, nature's way was for us to live only 40 years at max. And to be hunter-gatherers. And here we are.

Those 100% potions are Skill level up rewards and cash shop RIG items.

You can't evolve some Kins if your level isn't high enough, nor get into new areas.

Indeed, sometimes I look at the world and think: "This is all weird."

That explains why I haven't gotten any of them. =)

Ah right, the areas.
I didn't know about the evolving - or rather I thought that only depended on the kin's level.

It's still a very boring game.

Feline Enchantress

Anjoulie
Indeed, sometimes I look at the world and think: "This is all weird."

That explains why I haven't gotten any of them. =)

Ah right, the areas.
I didn't know about the evolving - or rather I thought that only depended on the kin's level.

It's still a very boring game.

The world is alright. We're strange.

But you might have gotten the 50% ones. I hope you didn't use them.

I take it like farming in zOMG! It was better, going with people. But in the end, it was just a Gaian job to meet an end.

Also, I'm having so much fun going on shopping sprees.

Magnetic Phantom

Aldfridus
The world is alright. We're strange.

But you might have gotten the 50% ones. I hope you didn't use them.

I take it like farming in zOMG! It was better, going with people. But in the end, it was just a Gaian job to meet an end.

Also, I'm having so much fun going on shopping sprees.

It's already weird that the world exists and that we evolved a brain capable of contemplating this strangeness.

I didn't use them because I saved them for higher levels where leveling gets exponentially more terrible.

Somehow my brain balks at the thought of Gaia + job.
zOMG! was more about having fun and making gold was more of a side effect.

lol I don't think I ever went on actual shopping sprees.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff