Welcome to Gaia! ::

I live pretty close to Chicago, and I was JUST THERE for a few weeks but
I missed Lolla.
Dying inside.
Dethmetal101
http://www.mayhemfest.com/

THAT IS GOING TO B KICK A**. I am going to indy on the 13th twisted twisted twisted

SLIPKNOT AND DISTURBED? WAT GETS BETTER THAN THAT burning_eyes

If I went to that concert, I would piss myself, pass out, and be a laughingstock for the rest of my life.
Those guys SCARE me.

Intermediate Duck

Paramore: The Last Riot.
They had/they're having a concert in Chicago, which I'm only about 1/2 an hour away from, but I CAN'T GO which totally sucks since I pretty much listen to them and sing along with their songs every day. Paramore=luff.
I'm going to the Mayhem Fest in a few days.

Edit: It... was... amazing!
Box Of Decaying Fetuses
GAYBRAHAM LINCOLN
i was fortunate enough to attend (with a couple friends) all three days of this year's No Fun Fest, an ongoing celebration of noise, power electronics, and other abrasive experimental underground music held in the greater New York City area. Curated since 2004 by noise artist Carlos Giffoni, NFF has been held over the space of three to four nights in various locations in Brooklyn and Manhattan attracting such noisy luminaries as Wolf Eyes et. al, Merzbow, Macronympha, Keiji Haino, Cluster, many many members of the Los Angeles Free Music Society, and regular appearances from Sonic Youth members Thurston Moore, Kim Gordon, and Lee Ranaldo. this year's three-night fest was held at the Knitting Factory in Manhattan after three very successful years at Brooklyn's The Hook. the change in venue was not very welcome, with several clashes with security and audience members (and performers), but the show managed to be quite a hit regardless.

highlights include Randy Yau's noise set featuring several contact microphones on the throat combined with the voracious devouring of a stalk of celery, the spacy synth videoscapes of Demons, Aaron Dilloway playing a wheelbarrow with a shovel as part of The Nevari Butchers, Hair Police producing yet another manic pit in their fourth festival appearance in five years, Ahlzagailzehguh's double basement encore, Lee Ranaldo's "Blind Piece #2" performance, and Philip Best getting down, dirty and totally perverted with an absolutely filthy Consumer Electronics set. pictures from a good portion of the performances are on my flickr page here, along with pictures from last year's fest.

WTF. I HATE you.

You know what sucks? Living like...5 blocks away, wanting to attend, and not being able to.
sooooooooooo
OMIGOD! I went to Projekt Revolution yesterday and got The Bravery to sign my poster.
Cruefest (Motley Crue and many others) was in my state last weekend... but mom says i'm too young to go to concerts crying , so i stayed home and watched another Motley Crue concert on Vh1 Classic. rofl
Warped Tour tomorrow! biggrin

Kindly Lunatic

Just got back from Queens of the Stone Age concert featuring PJ Harvey, Tenacious D, Eagles of Death Metal and Brody Dalle. It was amazing, but it was easily one of the saddest things I've ever witnessed. There was hardly a dry eye in the house at the end when Josh Homme came out all tear stained at the encore. When PJ Harvey did her first song I thought she was going to snap in half under the wieght of her own sadness.
saw radiohead in Montreal on the 6th. ah, it was awesome. 35,000 people, amazing setlist, just phenominal.
Went to Warped Tour yesterday.
It was pretty great. =D
the only two concerts i was looking forward to were Alien Sex fiend, with special quest Specimen with original line -up. but the tour got canceled and i was upset. gonk

i was also looking forward to a peter murphy concert, but couldn't go, do to transportation issues.

so nothing to look forward to right now.
Went to Journey's Revelation Tour concert.
Came to late for Cheap Trick, but they suck anyway.

3 days of Bonnaroo [Jack Johnson, What Made Milwaukee Famous, Willie Nelson, Ben Folds and Les Claypool],
4 days of Summerfest [Sevendust, ANew Revolution, Seether, Slightly Stoopid, Big D, Paramore, Drowning Pool, and Nonpoint],
JJO Band Camp [Neurosonic, Dope, ANew Revolution, Seether, and Deaf Pedestrians]
and Warped Tour [Ludo, Katy Perry, Reel Big Fish, Fear Nuttin Band and Gym Class Heroes],
along with seeing Sevendust, Nonpoint, Drowning Pool and ANew Revolution all again two days ago.
coffeluva_32
Box Of Decaying Fetuses
GAYBRAHAM LINCOLN
i was fortunate enough to attend (with a couple friends) all three days of this year's No Fun Fest, an ongoing celebration of noise, power electronics, and other abrasive experimental underground music held in the greater New York City area. Curated since 2004 by noise artist Carlos Giffoni, NFF has been held over the space of three to four nights in various locations in Brooklyn and Manhattan attracting such noisy luminaries as Wolf Eyes et. al, Merzbow, Macronympha, Keiji Haino, Cluster, many many members of the Los Angeles Free Music Society, and regular appearances from Sonic Youth members Thurston Moore, Kim Gordon, and Lee Ranaldo. this year's three-night fest was held at the Knitting Factory in Manhattan after three very successful years at Brooklyn's The Hook. the change in venue was not very welcome, with several clashes with security and audience members (and performers), but the show managed to be quite a hit regardless.

highlights include Randy Yau's noise set featuring several contact microphones on the throat combined with the voracious devouring of a stalk of celery, the spacy synth videoscapes of Demons, Aaron Dilloway playing a wheelbarrow with a shovel as part of The Nevari Butchers, Hair Police producing yet another manic pit in their fourth festival appearance in five years, Ahlzagailzehguh's double basement encore, Lee Ranaldo's "Blind Piece #2" performance, and Philip Best getting down, dirty and totally perverted with an absolutely filthy Consumer Electronics set. pictures from a good portion of the performances are on my flickr page here, along with pictures from last year's fest.

WTF. I HATE you.

You know what sucks? Living like...5 blocks away, wanting to attend, and not being able to.
sooooooooooo

soooooooooooo go away.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas