Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kawaii Ladykiller

13,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Rockstar Mayhem Fest 2013 anyone?

Dapper Gaian

A group of my friends (baby ravers) are going to the Moonrise festival in Baltimore. Anyone been?
Im going to Hot August Blues in August (Grace Potter, Greensky Bluegrass, Antibalas, BoomBox, JD McPherson, Eddie Clearwater, Country Devils, Cara Kelly & the Tell Tale...) & The Shindig Festival in September (Dropkick Murphys, Joan Jett & the Blackhearts, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Clutch, Reverend Horton Heat, Jimmie's Chicken Shack, Larry and his Flask, Bad Seed Rising, The Gaslight Anthem...). So pumped for both YES!!
phoenomenal
A group of my friends (baby ravers) are going to the Moonrise festival in Baltimore. Anyone been?

That promotor used to put on Starscape festival every year but Baltimore finally shut it down. To be honest, Starscape was going more & more downhill every year and getting grittier and grittier, if you know what I mean. Anyway, Moonrise is his attempt to continue to throw Starscape just in a new location and under a different name.

Here is an article about it.

Here is a fairly accurate review via Yelp

Quote:
I'm looking at these three reviews - and the discrepancies between June 2010 and June 2011. There is clear justification for it. Last year, the festival was top-notch, it was sold out but it wasn't impossible to move, the crowd ranged in ages from 16-30, the security didn't give you a hard time, the VIP was well worth it....

This year, Steez promo had one goal = $$$

It was painfully obvious. Bassnectar was the headliner on the main stage.. Skrillex headlined the dub stage. It took us almost an hour and a half to make it through the crowd on the beach just to catch the last 20 minutes of Flux Pavilion and get close to the stage. And by then, the festival had cleared out.

Kids were dropping like FLIES. It was a sad, sad scene. The crowd was the worst I have ever seen it. I could not even describe to you how bad it was... but at one point, I turned to my companion and said "wow, the crowd this year is creepier and sketchier than ever". Just grimey. Yuck.

I won't be attending next year, unless if they get their s**t together. Spread the festival out between two days to keep the headliners away from each other. What a disorganized mess.

Oh, and how about if there was *recycling* anywhere. The place was so, so polluted. Not a single person running the event gave a s**t... oh, sure, just trash the park, no big deal, because everyone that is here is trash anyway. Such a scummy vibe.

That being said, what music I did catch I was impressed with. The dance tent was bumping, the fort stage was killer. Flux + Excision were particularly nasty. Eoto and Lotus were highlights. By the time 4:00 am rolled around, I was so shot, I could barely even walk to my car. Oh, and I barely utilized my VIP other than for the free water + booze, forget the "exclusive" viewing areas, there were freaking lines for that too.

Maybe I'm old and in the way? But that is not how I want to enjoy my music.

Steez Promo is not high on my list. I will not attend any of their events. While their smaller events can be a total blast, their larger ones tend to attract scum. Just be prepared to deal with everyone from 30+ old schoolers to 13 year olds with a fake ID who are just there for the drugs. People will be ODing (not something I want to be around while trying to have a good time at an event?) And a lot of people are just there for the drugs. It's a sad scene.

I hope Steez learned their lesson with Starscape & Moonrise turns out to be awesome. & I hope your friends have a good time.

With all of that said, my friend is going and is very excited (:

Dapper Gaian

The Space Queen
phoenomenal

That promotor used to put on Starscape festival every year but Baltimore finally shut it down. To be honest, Starscape was going more & more downhill every year and getting grittier and grittier, if you know what I mean. Anyway, Moonrise is his attempt to continue to throw Starscape just in a new location and under a different name.

Quote:
I'm looking at these three reviews - and the discrepancies between June 2010 and June 2011. There is clear justification for it. Last year, the festival was top-notch, it was sold out but it wasn't impossible to move, the crowd ranged in ages from 16-30, the security didn't give you a hard time, the VIP was well worth it....

It was painfully obvious. Bassnectar was the headliner on the main stage.. Skrillex headlined the dub stage. It took us almost an hour and a half to make it through the crowd on the beach just to catch the last 20 minutes of Flux Pavilion and get close to the stage. And by then, the festival had cleared out.

Kids were dropping like FLIES. It was a sad, sad scene. The crowd was the worst I have ever seen it. I could not even describe to you how bad it was... but at one point, I turned to my companion and said "wow, the crowd this year is creepier and sketchier than ever". Just grimey. Yuck.

I won't be attending next year, unless if they get their s**t together. Spread the festival out between two days to keep the headliners away from each other. What a disorganized mess.

Oh, and how about if there was *recycling* anywhere. The place was so, so polluted. Not a single person running the event gave a s**t... oh, sure, just trash the park, no big deal, because everyone that is here is trash anyway. Such a scummy vibe.

That being said, what music I did catch I was impressed with. The dance tent was bumping, the fort stage was killer. Flux + Excision were particularly nasty. Eoto and Lotus were highlights. By the time 4:00 am rolled around, I was so shot, I could barely even walk to my car. Oh, and I barely utilized my VIP other than for the free water + booze, forget the "exclusive" viewing areas, there were freaking lines for that too.

Steez Promo is not high on my list. I will not attend any of their events. While their smaller events can be a total blast, their larger ones tend to attract scum. Just be prepared to deal with everyone from 30+ old schoolers to 13 year olds with a fake ID who are just there for the drugs. People will be ODing (not something I want to be around while trying to have a good time at an event?) And a lot of people are just there for the drugs. It's a sad scene.

I hope Steez learned their lesson with Starscape & Moonrise turns out to be awesome. & I hope your friends have a good time.

eh thats a bummer. This time there are only 2 headliners per day and then its in down town baltimore, hopefully since it's a relatively new festival it will be lesser known and the crowds wont be too bad. Thanks for your help though! I'm also looing into Delaware's Firefly Festival
phoenomenal
The Space Queen
phoenomenal

Quote:

eh thats a bummer. This time there are only 2 headliners per day and then its in down town baltimore, hopefully since it's a relatively new festival it will be lesser known and the crowds wont be too bad. Thanks for your help though! I'm also looing into Delaware's Firefly Festival

Yeah it's a bummer. And new doesn't mean lesser known. Everyone following Starscape & then some will follow Moonrise. But these people are smart, & there are some new faces around those promoters so I hope this will be better & what we've been waiting for (:

It sounds like a kick a** event, I'm just old & jaded & dislike Steez promo. But I love my city & hope Moonrise turns out great. Love & light to your friends. Just hope they know whatsup & as you call them "baby ravers" don't get taken advantage of in a big city hard scene. Much love!

Kawaii Sweetheart

13,000 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Mark Twain 100
I'm going to the Package Tour with New Kids on the Block, 98 Degrees, and Boys II Men this summer.
radrach23

Hell yeah. Looking forward to Rob Zombie, Motionless in White and Emmure. Also Warped 13.

Kawaii Ladykiller

13,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Annihilate Everything
radrach23

Hell yeah. Looking forward to Rob Zombie, Motionless in White and Emmure. Also Warped 13.

Hell yeah! I'm excited for zombie 5fdp and children of bodom
Warped Tour was amazinggg :3

desiderans's Wife

Tipsy Loiterer

I just went to Warped the other day haha
I might be going to see Panic! at the Disco or Avenged Sevenfold soon, though.

Shameless Nerd

I'm seeing The Backstreet Boys (and Jesse McCartney) in 16 days for the In a World Like This Tour and I am BEYOND excited!!! I got a hold of a VIP pass and I'm finally going to meet Kevin! When I last met BSB, 5 years ago, he wasn't with them, so I am really, extremely happy he came back!

And since it doubles as the 20th Anniversary Tour, there's going to loads of throwbacks throughout the show, like the hat dance, and omg I am just totally fangrling over here!!!

Anybody else going? Anybody at all? Or am I alone in this?
Nobody else probably even knows they have a new CD...
I'm REALLY freaking excited because Blink 182 is actually playing somewhere I could get to with my limited resources and I love them so much and jusituhsldghkjhtjhgkjthg but everyone I know either wouldn't know them enough to drop the money for a ticket or they don't have the money. Ugh.

Srsly if anyone happens to be going to the Connecticut concert on September 8th, LESS BE FRIENDS AND DO DIS s**t.

Newbie Member

Despoena
It's getting close to or it is Summer! And you know what that means- it's time for all those lovely Summer Tours and Festivals to come 'round.

This is the place where you can discuss your favorite festivals, tours, concerts, etc, past and present or upcoming ones that you're excited to go to!

Just keep in mind, follow the rules of the music forum and Gaia or your post will be deleted and you will be warned.

So have at it!~

Same here dear. I am also going for the trip and get the enjoyment with this summer.
Yipee..!!!!

Newbie Member

QueerxCore
I'm going to the Package Tour with New Kids on the Block, 98 Degrees, and Boys II Men this summer.

Wow, I am also wanna join this.Please share more details.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff