Welcome to Gaia! ::

O.G. Seeker

Heishitaiy
I have a question:
What if you haven't logged in for a long period of time while you're some type of moderator; do you get your privileges and title revoked?

Most likely, yes, they would be revoked. An inactive moderator wouldn't be very helpful...
Being a moderator is not just having a green name and whatever privileges you're referring to (xD), it's volunteering to get work done, so you're indeed expected to do things and be active on a regular basis.

However, mods are allowed to take breaks whenever they need/feel like it, then be back as a mod again later (people might have health/family issues, more hours at work or exams to pass...). But in such a case they're supposed to tell in advance, just like you would tell your boss if you won't be able to come to work or are taking days off, otherwise they would just fire you for not showing up. It's common courtesy in any sort of "work" environment, including volunteering.

Golden Girl

Princeries

As long as you've not been accepted into training, you would have nothing to do as basically, being reviewed just means your application wasn't rejected. So, you wouldn't have to file another application.
If you were invited to join training at a moment that was not convenient for you, you would be able to tell the Admins you cannot join at this particular moment, and they would keep you on hold for next time if that was your wish.
I would recommend anyone not to accept joining training if they feel they won't have enough time for it or don't have the right mindset for it at this particular moment (like, if they're having health issues, or important exams to pass).

Regarding your second question, if you failed training and your wish was to be a FA again, depending on what the team thinks and your record it would be possible for you to just be given your FA status back, yes.
It would be refused only if training proved you're not made to be a FA either, or if you had made too many mistakes and the team don't believe you should remain a FA. If there are no such issues, then there is no reason to reject you as a FA after you went into training.

Oh, that is a new one.I have been told a couple of times that if your application status is on being reviewed, it means that they still have to make a decision whenever you were accepted to become a mod or not so thats why i thought you needed to file a new application if you ever had circumstances coming up that wont allow you to be a mod for that time.I know the waiting time can be long ( i have heard it can be 2+ years) so thats why i asked to make sure that i would be following the right procedure if something would happen in the meanwhile.I am glad to know that i can have my FA status back if i would fail training for some or other reason if they think i did a good job as an FA.
Thanks for your answer!

O.G. Seeker

Stella Rosaline

Oh, that is a new one.I have been told a couple of times that if your application status is on being reviewed, it means that they still have to make a decision whenever you were accepted to become a mod or not so thats why i thought you needed to file a new application if you ever had circumstances coming up that wont allow you to be a mod for that time.I know the waiting time can be long ( i have heard it can be 2+ years) so thats why i asked to make sure that i would be following the right procedure if something would happen in the meanwhile.I am glad to know that i can have my FA status back if i would fail training for some or other reason if they think i did a good job as an FA.
Thanks for your answer!

Nothing new here, it's just like you said. It means the same thing, basically. xD
The only event that would require you to file a new application is if your current one was rejected. There's no need for two applications in the system - if you had two we would have to close one. As long as yours is being reviewed, it means it's still in the system and no decision was made yet.

Golden Girl

Princeries
Stella Rosaline

Thanks for your answer!

Nothing new here, it's just like you said. It means the same thing, basically. xD
The only event that would require you to file a new application is if your current one was rejected. There's no need for two applications in the system - if you had two we would have to close one. As long as yours is being reviewed, it means it's still in the system and no decision was made yet.

Ah i see! this clears up alot of things for me.
i hope it was ok for me to ask so many questions i just want to get as much info as i can about this subject so i know what to do.
Thanks again for your answer!
Stella Rosaline
Princeries
Stella Rosaline

Thanks for your answer!

i hope it was ok for me to ask so many questions i just want to get as much info as i can about this subject so i know what to do.

You're perfectly fine asking as many questions as you want. heart

I read about 500 pages of replies and asked my own questions before I even applied or thought about applying. 3nodding

O.G. Seeker

Stella Rosaline

No problem; this thread is made for this! :]
You're welcome~

Hard Lvck's Fav

Sergeant Gunner

I've been on this site for almost 10 years...
and have just recently decided to apply for a mod position
due to the growing rule-breaking ive noticed site-wide...
i put in an application i think either the end of last month or the beginning of this month
when i realized i hit my report number.
i know it takes a while for the application to be reviewed
since there are a lot of them...
just one question...
will i be notified if im rejected and on what terms i was rejected for?
(sorry if this was already answered...)

O.G. Seeker

ReptarBars
I've been on this site for almost 10 years...
and have just recently decided to apply for a mod position
due to the growing rule-breaking ive noticed site-wide...
i put in an application i think either the end of last month or the beginning of this month
when i realized i hit my report number.
i know it takes a while for the application to be reviewed
since there are a lot of them...
just one question...
will i be notified if im rejected and on what terms i was rejected for?
(sorry if this was already answered...)

Great! We always need more moderators! cat_whee
Yes, you will be notified if you're rejected, and why.
Please be patient as the reviewing process might take a lonnng time - usually the longer you wait, the better it is as usually a quick response means rejection.

In the meantime, make sure you keep reporting on a regular basis so whenever your application will be reviewed, you will have made 100 reports within the past 6 months (if you stop reporting now, and let's say your application is being reviewed in more than 6 months, there will be no reports qualifying for the application... which won't look good as it will give the impression you're not really motivated and you just made 100 reports at some point so you could apply, then stopped caring) and have an overall good behavior on Gaia. cat_3nodding
Other advice I usually give users who are expecting to become a moderator: I also recommend you keep exploring new forums you may not know well, read their rules, and try to make quality reports over quantity.
Good luck!

Hard Lvck's Fav

Sergeant Gunner

Princeries

okay!
thank you very much!

Verloki's Senpai

Cosmic Destroyer

I wanted to apply but it tells me I had to many warnings? I wonder what for as I dont do anything to mess with TOS unless some hater is on my case and reports everything I say or do?

Id love to know why I have so many things from 6 months ago against me XD if anything the mods only contact me for my signature sizing and helped me plenty with lovely stuff so i wonder if a bitter hater is on my case. Id love to know this.
I wanna be a moderator but I don't have enough post or reports because I haven't seen anyone do anything wrong.
Kiro_Shinigami
I wanted to apply but it tells me I had to many warnings? I wonder what for as I dont do anything to mess with TOS unless some hater is on my case and reports everything I say or do?

Id love to know why I have so many things from 6 months ago against me XD if anything the mods only contact me for my signature sizing and helped me plenty with lovely stuff so i wonder if a bitter hater is on my case. Id love to know this.

PM any Site Moderator and they'd be glad to help you. 3nodding
There's a link at the top of every forum.

Verloki's Senpai

Cosmic Destroyer

TheGazSpaz
Kiro_Shinigami

PM any Site Moderator and they'd be glad to help you. 3nodding
There's a link at the top of every forum.
I have, I have a few mods on the case to suss out what is going on.

Distinct Prophet

Quite confused on the whole report system.
Help?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces