Welcome to Gaia! ::

Watervoir's Husbando

Carnivore

itzVii
Do mods get any perks at all? Like discounts on cash items.... anything?

No we do not. This is a volunteer position.

We moderate on Gaia because we care about the community and want to keep it a friendly and safe place for the userbase.

Verloki's Senpai

Cosmic Destroyer

I still need to make more reports. I will one day help gaia out @A@ ONE DAY!!
Hi there, i am new to this website, and i am wanting to become a modirator. But can you first tell me abit abit them, and how i can become one??

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

sweetangel9001
Hi there, i am new to this website, and i am wanting to become a modirator. But can you first tell me abit abit them, and how i can become one??
The first two posts of this thread outline everything you need to know about how to go about becoming a moderator.

PIugs's Wife

Kawaii Gaian

I have a question.

Does getting banned a few times
change the chances of being able
to become a moderator ?

O.G. Seeker

Yoapi
I have a question.

Does getting banned a few times
change the chances of being able
to become a moderator ?

It's a case by case situation, but in general having several accounts that were banned wouldn't look very good on an application.
While the team is quite tolerant regarding warnings (because they believe in people evolving, learning from mistakes and getting to know the rules better over time), banned accounts mean you've been violating the rules in a way that was serious enough for the Admins/Moderators to decide you shouldn't be able to keep using that account. If you've repeatedly been banned, then it's looking even worse as it wouldn't show you've been evolving, learning from past mistakes and/or making efforts to follow the rules).

If you had a warning for spamming 8 years ago then nothing major since, it wouldn't be held against you as chances are great you grew up after all these years. However, repeated bans would show you have a serious issue with complying with the rules. Ask yourself this: How would that make you a good potential moderator in the eyes of the team that reviews application? As a moderator, you'd be supposed to be an example, and know (and follow) the rules perfectly.

Of course, this doesn't apply to bans that were placed for security reasons or bans that were reversed later (if your account was compromised, for instance).

Like I said above it may vary depending on your own case (and you would only get a final answer after your application has passed the review process), so if you still believe you have qualities that would make you a good candidate, you're welcome to file an application.
How do apply assistant moderator?
clippingpath
How do apply assistant moderator?

All the information you will need can be found here. 3nodding
Now I've got a question.
I submitted an application back in December... Not that that is important to this question, I just wanted to state that.
Anyway, in what circumstances could one not get through training?
Like, could you fail or something? sweatdrop

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

TheGazSpaz
Now I've got a question.
I submitted an application back in December... Not that that is important to this question, I just wanted to state that.
Anyway, in what circumstances could one not get through training?
Like, could you fail or something? sweatdrop

It is possible to not be allowed to continue past the training for several reasons. Without going into much detail, if a user isn't doing what they're assigned or the staff/mod team feel the person could compromise their position, that could prevent a user from making it through training. I suggest not worrying, because if you're truly set on being a mod, you'll likely make it.

Golden Girl

I have a few questions

1 If you apply to become a mod and in the waiting time (when your status is still on being reviewed) circumstances come up so you know you cant be a mod anymore, Is it possible to retreat your application/put it on hold untill your available again or do you have to re apply again after the six months have passed?

2 If you applied to be come a mod as an FA and you dont make it trough the training, can you still stay an FA or do they just let you be a normal community member?
I read a couple of times that being an FA is also a part of the training so i wasnt too sure about this.I really hope someone can answer this one.

Friendly Friend

16,725 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I have a question:
What if you haven't logged in for a long period of time while you're some type of moderator; do you get your privileges and title revoked?

Golden Girl

Heishitaiy
I have a question:
What if you haven't logged in for a long period of time while you're some type of moderator; do you get your privileges and title revoked?

I can imagine that if you are a moderator they count on you for you to do your job and to take it serious.
Its not a game, its a duty you agree to do for them when you submit your application so they expect you to give it the time you agreed to spend on modding the forums or doing the things youre assigned for and i also think they can revoke your title/privileges if you dont log in for a long period of time.
You need to think about it if you really do have the time to spend on modding the forums before applying if you want them to take you seriously.
I always say its better to be honest with them and tell them how you really feel about this then to take it like a game and think they will get over it someday.But thats just how i feel about it 3nodding

O.G. Seeker

Stella Rosaline
I have a few questions

1 If you apply to become a mod and in the waiting time (when your status is still on being reviewed) circumstances come up so you know you cant be a mod anymore, Is it possible to retreat your application/put it on hold untill your available again or do you have to re apply again after the six months have passed?

2 If you applied to be come a mod as an FA and you dont make it trough the training, can you still stay an FA or do they just let you be a normal community member?
I read a couple of times that being an FA is also a part of the training so i wasnt too sure about this.I really hope someone can answer this one.

As long as you've not been accepted into training, you would have nothing to do as basically, being reviewed just means your application wasn't rejected. So, you wouldn't have to file another application.
If you were invited to join training at a moment that was not convenient for you, you would be able to tell the Admins you cannot join at this particular moment, and they would keep you on hold for next time if that was your wish.
I would recommend anyone not to accept joining training if they feel they won't have enough time for it or don't have the right mindset for it at this particular moment (like, if they're having health issues, or important exams to pass).

Regarding your second question, if you failed training and your wish was to be a FA again, depending on what the team thinks and your record it would be possible for you to just be given your FA status back, yes.
It would be refused only if training proved you're not made to be a FA either, or if you had made too many mistakes and the team don't believe you should remain a FA. If there are no such issues, then there is no reason to reject you as a FA after you went into training.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff