• Survivor 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
The Loveless Blade
Trigona
The Loveless Blade
Trigona
The Loveless Blade
Trigona
Hello, everyone! I was looking for a bit of information, and I thought maybe someone here would know the answer.

I'm trying to get tickets for Phantom on Broadway in the December. My problem is I want Hugh Panaro as the Phantom, and a few months ago, I read that he only does the show Saturdays. I've been trying to find out if that is still true because I can't go on any Saturdays in December. I looked at the cast lists, and they all have an alternate performance Christine listed.

So I was wondering, does Hugh Panaro play the Phantom on more days than Saturday?

Personally I wouldn't know about that. Might do you good to contact the theater and ask them, I imagine they would have better insight to who plays what on which days. Granted they can't foresee any last minute cast changes, but unless he gets sick or there's a major last minute emergency at this point I would say the show dates he performs would be relatively set in stone for all of December.

I posted on the Facebook page and tweeted by question to his website's Twitter. I didn't think of asking the theater though. Now I have something to do tomorrow! smile

I think I'd cry if I went to all this trouble to see him and I got an understudy. My life was so much easier before I met my old Broadway friends. I didn't know the names of any of the stars back then or about how a lot of the actors come to the stage door to sign autographs after the show so understudies didn't matter. But now they do. Darn Broadway friends XP

But without them, I would have never discovered the musical version of Lestat and fallen for Hugh <3

I try not to get attached to certain actors with musicals I pick up, but Phantom's been running so long and I've been involved in the phandom so long that I have my own preferences even if I may never get to see it live. Though I will say this for understudies, when you have one they do their best to try to make up for the "first choice." When I saw Avenue Q last year the woman playing Kate was an understudy and she put herself out there. They wanna make sure that you don't think of them as second-best.

I wasn't too keen on Lestat, personally, I think the only song I like from it is "I Want More". Then again I kinda hate Anne Rice, so. Oh, another musical that Hugh took part of is Side Show. It's a kind of bittersweet musical but it's got good songs and a good plot if you wanna check that out.

The girl that burned me an [illegal] copy of Lestat, well, one day we began an obsession with conjoined twins. She discovered Sideshow very quickly after that, especially since it also had Alice Ripley in it. I thought it was okay. I don't really like musicals with a lot of slow songs, or just music in general. I used to have it on my iPod, but when I got a new one, I wasn't friends with that girl anymore and she never made me a copy. I should've asked her to make me copies of a whole bunch of musicals XP But I digress.
Hugh didn't stick out to me in Side Show as much as he did in Lestat, probably because I prefer Lestat. But then I found out he's the Phantom and he was Raoul and he was Valjean in Les Mis, and I fell in love. Hugh and Ramin Karmiloo. Mmmm.
Sometimes I wish I had known about all these stars before, though. I saw Phantom in Vegas, and apparently Sierra Bogess was Christine at the time. I love her in The Little Mermaid and in Love Never Dies, but I had no idea who she was then. The show would have been so much more exciting (If that was possible. My parents took me for Christmas in 2006. My mom bought me a Phantom picture frame that plays Music of the Night and put a note with an invitation to the show in the frame. I cried so hard when I opened it. I still have the invitation in the frame.) if I had known who she was at the time.

Sideshow's kind of one of those "love it or hate it" musicals, probably why it lasted like 6 months then shut down. Plot's not accurate to the twins either but since when was Broadway ever accurate? XD

S'kinda how I feel, you read the Playbill and see someone you recognize and it's like "screw everything this person must come on the stage NOW and perform!" When I saw WICKED for my 20th birthday the guy playing the Wizard was Richard Kline, the actor who played Larry from Three's Company (a show I grew up on along with a bunch of other TV Land and Nick At Nite shows...) and I got so giddy to hear him sing.

Ramin I didn't care for hearing him in LND's soundtrack but when he performed at the 25th Anniversary for PotO as The Phantom I definitely saw a difference in his voice and in a good way. It's kind of funny how certain roles or songs don't really work with them but others you know it's them and they're letting the world know it.

Ramin's voice gives me the chills heehee >.< The 25th anniversary concert of Les Mis was on one day. I jumped in around the middle and had no idea who was in it beforehand. But then I saw Enjorlas was played by Ramin and I screamed. My parents were like, "O....k.... o.O"
I just looked at the cast list for the 25th anniversart dvd. Ramin and Sierra were all I needed. It's officially going on my Christmas list smile
Whoever said that Panaro only is the phantom on Saturdays is incredibly mis-informed. He is the Phantom. Period. Unless he has an understudy due to illness or because he took a day off, he is the phantom. Every day of the week by Sundays when they don't run the show.

Shadowy Singing

26,140 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
When I went to see the show back in October, it was on a Friday night and Hugh was the Phantom. When I looked at the cast list I coulndn't see any understudies for Hugh either. So, mis-information about the Phantom.

I know this was mentioned earlier, but I'm interigued about the "Lestat" musical. (Then again, I also enjoy train-wrecks.)

Obsessive Kitten

Far as I remember from when it was running there was a lot of uproar about the incest and some other things involved in the musical. It had a short run and didn't even have the chance to make a cast recording, though there are places where you can find songs recorded from the show or what was recorded during the creation process by Elton John. S'how I got my mp3 of "I Want More."

Anne Rice's work is just one of those things, like Shrek and Spiderman, that don't really need to be on Broadway. But like I said I don't like Anne Rice to begin with so I guess my opinion's sort of jaded in that respect.

4,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
My POTO 25th DVD arrived in the mail yesterday! mrgreen

Warning for those who absolutely loath LND though. You get hit by the LND ad first thing on playing. And the advert inside the box is LND also.

Obsessive Kitten

My CD arrived in the mail today. I'm surprised, considering it said it'd be here on December 7th. Better for me, I have surgery on the 8th and won't be able to bother with a CD case.

The sound quality is gorgeous. <3
Good luck through surgery!

Obsessive Kitten

It's just surgery on my thumb to fix a bad case of tendonitis so the worst thing will be not being able to hold a fork properly. XD

I have to say, the cast for the 25th Anniversary really made me love the song Prima Donna. Used to hate it on the OCR because I found Carlotta's voice so obnoxious. Though the Overture is clearly a winner. Even still has the sounds of the lights on the chandelier "popping" as they turn on. Warning on getting to disc 2 though, it opens from the left, not the right like 2-CD albums usually do. I think I fought the thing for 10 minutes before it just threw itself open to get me to quit screaming.
Ohman. I hate those cases so much. Really happy to know I'm not the only one who took greater than five minutes to figure it out. I actually went and got my mum who was like 'derh' and made me feel silly.

Can't wait to see/hear it.

And ah. Well. Good luck anyway! Forks are useful things, and even more so when held properly!

10,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
So is the Punjab Lasso!
Well...I'm halfway done with my Takarazuka Erik costume!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'm putting off making the coat cause it's gonna be hard ;A;

Obsessive Kitten

Dude that's awesome. I'd almost say to forget the coat. o_o

10,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
Yeah...really... o.o
Thanks! I've already bought the fabric though, so I might as well, haha.

10,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
Yeah, go to it! It would be so amazing to have the full outfit finished. XD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items