Welcome to Gaia! ::

PotO in Paris! Yea or Nay?

Yeah dude! 0.48583877995643 48.6% [ 669 ]
Nope 0.064633260711692 6.5% [ 89 ]
Who cares? 0.2236746550472 22.4% [ 308 ]
FRENCH CAST ALBUM NEED 0.22585330428468 22.6% [ 311 ]
Total Votes:[ 1377 ]

Obsessive Kitten

Personally I can hold my britches until February for the US DVD, I'm just wondering if when they release the CD to the UK if I can be a sneaky-butt. Never sure with those releases, sometimes they will bar the shipping to anywhere but where they've released it at the moment.

10,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
Best keep your hand at the level of your eyes and hold still. XD

Obsessive Kitten

So I guess instead of cockblocked we could call that punjab-blocked? XD

10,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
Oh my gosh, YES. rofl

4,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
Amazon UK sure worked fast. Got a mail today informing me that my DVD had been dispatched already! If the mail systems don't screw up, who knows? May get lucky and have Phantom 25th by the end of this week! heart Really excited! Hope it arrives quick! xd
Ooh nice! Amazon is usually really fast. And yeah, hopefully they'll ship the CD out to other countries besides the UK...

Obsessive Kitten

Gonna test that theory Wednesday. If nothing else they allow a download of the entire album, but I like having physical copies of these things especially since I managed to delete my entire music supply from my mp3 player and computer at the same time. Which reminds me I need to replace my downloaded copy of Side Show, but that'll hafta wait.

10,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
If all else fails, there's always the middle of February...

Or whenever they allow US copies to officially go out. gonk

Obsessive Kitten

Well according to Amazon you can order the physical CD no problem. However you can't download the mp3 album due to "geographical limitations." So looks like I'm waiting a few weeks for the CD to get here.

Just hate getting the CDs without having the mp3 option cuz the music player I use doesn't let you rip from CDs, I have to go through iTunes then export the library to get the CD content. And of course I can't just use iTunes as my player because my mp3 player doesn't recognize iTunes. Ah well. At least I don't hafta wait a couple more months for the CD to be available.

Romantic Shapeshifter

9,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Hello, everyone! I was looking for a bit of information, and I thought maybe someone here would know the answer.

I'm trying to get tickets for Phantom on Broadway in December. My problem is I want Hugh Panaro as the Phantom, and a few months ago, I read that he only does the show Saturdays. I've been trying to find out if that is still true because I can't go on any Saturdays in December. I looked at the cast lists, and they all have an alternate performance Christine listed, but none for the Phantom.

So I was wondering, does Hugh Panaro play the Phantom on more days than Saturday?

Obsessive Kitten

Trigona
Hello, everyone! I was looking for a bit of information, and I thought maybe someone here would know the answer.

I'm trying to get tickets for Phantom on Broadway in the December. My problem is I want Hugh Panaro as the Phantom, and a few months ago, I read that he only does the show Saturdays. I've been trying to find out if that is still true because I can't go on any Saturdays in December. I looked at the cast lists, and they all have an alternate performance Christine listed.

So I was wondering, does Hugh Panaro play the Phantom on more days than Saturday?

Personally I wouldn't know about that. Might do you good to contact the theater and ask them, I imagine they would have better insight to who plays what on which days. Granted they can't foresee any last minute cast changes, but unless he gets sick or there's a major last minute emergency at this point I would say the show dates he performs would be relatively set in stone for all of December.

Romantic Shapeshifter

9,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
The Loveless Blade
Trigona

I'm trying to get tickets for Phantom on Broadway in the December. My problem is I want Hugh Panaro as the Phantom, and a few months ago, I read that he only does the show Saturdays. I've been trying to find out if that is still true because I can't go on any Saturdays in December. I looked at the cast lists, and they all have an alternate performance Christine listed.

Personally I wouldn't know about that. Might do you good to contact the theater and ask them, I imagine they would have better insight to who plays what on which days. Granted they can't foresee any last minute cast changes, but unless he gets sick or there's a major last minute emergency at this point I would say the show dates he performs would be relatively set in stone for all of December.

I posted on the Facebook page and tweeted by question to his website's Twitter. I didn't think of asking the theater though. Now I have something to do tomorrow! smile

I think I'd cry if I went to all this trouble to see him and I got an understudy. My life was so much easier before I met my old Broadway friends. I didn't know the names of any of the stars back then or about how a lot of the actors come to the stage door to sign autographs after the show so understudies didn't matter. But now they do. Darn Broadway friends XP

But without them, I would have never discovered the musical version of Lestat and fallen for Hugh <3

Obsessive Kitten

Trigona
The Loveless Blade
Trigona

I posted on the Facebook page and tweeted by question to his website's Twitter. I didn't think of asking the theater though. Now I have something to do tomorrow! smile

I think I'd cry if I went to all this trouble to see him and I got an understudy. My life was so much easier before I met my old Broadway friends. I didn't know the names of any of the stars back then or about how a lot of the actors come to the stage door to sign autographs after the show so understudies didn't matter. But now they do. Darn Broadway friends XP

But without them, I would have never discovered the musical version of Lestat and fallen for Hugh <3

I try not to get attached to certain actors with musicals I pick up, but Phantom's been running so long and I've been involved in the phandom so long that I have my own preferences even if I may never get to see it live. Though I will say this for understudies, when you have one they do their best to try to make up for the "first choice." When I saw Avenue Q last year the woman playing Kate was an understudy and she put herself out there. They wanna make sure that you don't think of them as second-best.

I wasn't too keen on Lestat, personally, I think the only song I like from it is "I Want More". Then again I kinda hate Anne Rice, so. Oh, another musical that Hugh took part of is Side Show. It's a kind of bittersweet musical but it's got good songs and a good plot if you wanna check that out.

Romantic Shapeshifter

9,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
The Loveless Blade
Trigona
The Loveless Blade
Trigona

I try not to get attached to certain actors with musicals I pick up, but Phantom's been running so long and I've been involved in the phandom so long that I have my own preferences even if I may never get to see it live. Though I will say this for understudies, when you have one they do their best to try to make up for the "first choice." When I saw Avenue Q last year the woman playing Kate was an understudy and she put herself out there. They wanna make sure that you don't think of them as second-best.

I wasn't too keen on Lestat, personally, I think the only song I like from it is "I Want More". Then again I kinda hate Anne Rice, so. Oh, another musical that Hugh took part of is Side Show. It's a kind of bittersweet musical but it's got good songs and a good plot if you wanna check that out.

The girl that burned me an [illegal] copy of Lestat, well, one day we began an obsession with conjoined twins. She discovered Sideshow very quickly after that, especially since it also had Alice Ripley in it. I thought it was okay. I don't really like musicals with a lot of slow songs, or just music in general. I used to have it on my iPod, but when I got a new one, I wasn't friends with that girl anymore and she never made me a copy. I should've asked her to make me copies of a whole bunch of musicals XP But I digress.
Hugh didn't stick out to me in Side Show as much as he did in Lestat, probably because I prefer Lestat. But then I found out he's the Phantom and he was Raoul and he was Valjean in Les Mis, and I fell in love. Hugh and Ramin Karmiloo. Mmmm.
Sometimes I wish I had known about all these stars before, though. I saw Phantom in Vegas, and apparently Sierra Bogess was Christine at the time. I love her in The Little Mermaid and in Love Never Dies, but I had no idea who she was then. The show would have been so much more exciting (If that was possible. My parents took me for Christmas in 2006. My mom bought me a Phantom picture frame that plays Music of the Night and put a note with an invitation to the show in the frame. I cried so hard when I opened it. I still have the invitation in the frame.) if I had known who she was at the time.

Obsessive Kitten

Trigona
The Loveless Blade
Trigona
The Loveless Blade
Trigona

The girl that burned me an [illegal] copy of Lestat, well, one day we began an obsession with conjoined twins. She discovered Sideshow very quickly after that, especially since it also had Alice Ripley in it. I thought it was okay. I don't really like musicals with a lot of slow songs, or just music in general. I used to have it on my iPod, but when I got a new one, I wasn't friends with that girl anymore and she never made me a copy. I should've asked her to make me copies of a whole bunch of musicals XP But I digress.
Hugh didn't stick out to me in Side Show as much as he did in Lestat, probably because I prefer Lestat. But then I found out he's the Phantom and he was Raoul and he was Valjean in Les Mis, and I fell in love. Hugh and Ramin Karmiloo. Mmmm.
Sometimes I wish I had known about all these stars before, though. I saw Phantom in Vegas, and apparently Sierra Bogess was Christine at the time. I love her in The Little Mermaid and in Love Never Dies, but I had no idea who she was then. The show would have been so much more exciting (If that was possible. My parents took me for Christmas in 2006. My mom bought me a Phantom picture frame that plays Music of the Night and put a note with an invitation to the show in the frame. I cried so hard when I opened it. I still have the invitation in the frame.) if I had known who she was at the time.

Sideshow's kind of one of those "love it or hate it" musicals, probably why it lasted like 6 months then shut down. Plot's not accurate to the twins either but since when was Broadway ever accurate? XD

S'kinda how I feel, you read the Playbill and see someone you recognize and it's like "screw everything this person must come on the stage NOW and perform!" When I saw WICKED for my 20th birthday the guy playing the Wizard was Richard Kline, the actor who played Larry from Three's Company (a show I grew up on along with a bunch of other TV Land and Nick At Nite shows...) and I got so giddy to hear him sing.

Ramin I didn't care for hearing him in LND's soundtrack but when he performed at the 25th Anniversary for PotO as The Phantom I definitely saw a difference in his voice and in a good way. It's kind of funny how certain roles or songs don't really work with them but others you know it's them and they're letting the world know it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff