Welcome to Gaia! ::

Series eight brought Rimmer back to his former self which was refreshing in its way
My family would stay up until midnight watching the Red Dwarf marathons they'd have every year. I was pretty young, don't know what mum was thinking letting us watch that show at our age, but it was flipping funny nontheless. Ahh, corruption of the youth... XD

And Rimmer DOES come back later on, it just takes a couple of episodes. A couple of very sad, Rimmer-less episodes.
Our kids grew up watching Red Dwarf also. They know the theme song by heart. Makes you wonder............
The banter was brilliant. The concept of Lister teaching Kryten to break his programing, by watching Casablanca.
Rimmer: Hes got mad droid rot hes waving a banana in front of his face and calling it a female ardark.
After watching Lister put curry on everything he ate it really makes me wonder what it really tastes like (curry that is)
I LOVE THAT SHOW BUT IT IS NEVER ON!!!!!!!! crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying
Baptista
TheFountain54
I had a crush on Kachansky...one of my favorite eps was "Backwards"...another one was (I forget the title) when Cat, Rimmer, and Lister all enter the VR machine and destroy the virus that is infecting Kryten in a Western Style showdown.

Fan-freaking-tastic.

I believe that was "Gunmen of the Apocalypse." I think that episode won some awards.

Indeed it did. Two I believe. One for the sound track, and one for the episode itself.

OrneryLil1
Don't think I've seen the whole series but love what I have seen. Found a few clips (including bloopers) on youtube. MY mom and I always had a debate about where Lister's accent is from.

Yus, Craig Charles is a Scouser, and for part of the run it was filmed in Manchester.
Something nagging at the back of my head suggests Chris Barry is a Brummie, but I could well be totally wrong on that.

Sasha_Warrior_Princess
Our kids grew up watching Red Dwarf also. They know the theme song by heart. Makes you wonder............

It's cold outside, there's no kind of atmosphere.
I'm all alone, more or less.
Let me fly far away from here,
Fun, fun fun, in the sun, sun, sun

Let me lie, ship wrecked and comatose,
Drinking fresh, mango juice.
Gold fish shoals, nibbling at my toes.
Fun, fun fun, in the sun, sun, sun.

*wonders how much of that she got right from memory*

Oh and I should mention that personally I didn't find Chris all that bad, it was rather amusing to watch them shove a posh girl in with all the slobby men and see how badly she coped.

Jane Austin world was a brilliant example of her humour.
I believe you got it right. My hubby is such a fan I had to buy all eight series for him. lol
wat da hell kinda show ya talkin bout and isn't this suppose 2 b da movie section
This is for Independant and Obscure Movies and Television and Red Dwarf classifies under television because it is a British Comedy series only seen on PBS.
Sasha_Warrior_Princess

Hah, I remember when I was in the choir at my primary school and we had to sing the Red Dwarf theme smile . I couldn't believe it when I saw the lyrics on the sheet.

The Rimmer song is the best, though. I crack up every time I hear it.

Quote:
Rimmer: Hes got mad droid rot hes waving a banana in front of his face and calling it a female ardark.

Man, Kryten was the best. Just the things he came out with. The 'have a fantastic period' scene was classic.
I love Red dwarf! Cat was always my favourite smile
They all had their great moments biggrin
Quarentine was a great episode. Rimmer crazier then ever. And of course Mr. Fribbles.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff