Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sasha_Warrior_Princess
It did lose some momentum when Rimmer left. They did do a good job thou Katchanski is from another dimension. The meltdown showed just how warped Rimmer can be if given the chance.

Yeah, after Rimmer left as Ace (best character biggrin ) it wasn't as great (well, apart from the Rimmer song obv) but it really picked up again in series 8 with the return of Chris Barrie and Norman Lovvett.

Best episode is Quarantine with the holovirus and Mr Flibble biggrin biggrin
I didn't really enjoy Meltdown that much to be honest, but every TV series has it's least favourite episode. I did enjoy the incarnation of some of the bad guys, and the idea of them hanging Winnie the Pooh (not that I hate him, I just found it funny).
They need to bring Red Dwarf back...it was the definition of insanity!

and the tongue tied video....that's fficialy the first WTF moment I ever had....and boy was it a big WTF.
i loved the show! except the last season and how the series ended..... i really think they could have done better. my favorite episode was the one where the crew lands in a backwards version of earth. also the one where lister sleeps with his female parallel version of himself. xd
it is a great tv series.
But did anyone else ever reed the books, they are much wilder and very rude. They also explain alot more about what happend to earth and all that.
thante
it is a great tv series.
But did anyone else ever reed the books, they are much wilder and very rude. They also explain alot more about what happend to earth and all that.

I have read them. Yeah the first introduction of Rimmer involved, a robot, money, and an incident. rofl
Lapinporokoira
thante
it is a great tv series.

I have read them. Yeah the first introduction of Rimmer involved, a robot, money, and an incident. rofl

must be one of the best introductions to a charicter around. Its the sheep that made me laugh
They were going to make a movie but I never heard anything more about it. It would be great to see it. You can still catch episodes on PBS at times.
palmetto
Sasha_Warrior_Princess
Is Lister the last human alive
Do you count Kochanski?

Kochanski was the last human in an alternative universe.
I used to be OBSESSED with this show as a kid... I even randomly met on of the actors while downtown with my dad. Wish I could remember who, I think it was the guy who played Cat (?).

Ugh I really want to get back into it now. Is the series available on DVD?
dead.moki
I used to be OBSESSED with this show as a kid... I even randomly met on of the actors while downtown with my dad. Wish I could remember who, I think it was the guy who played Cat (?).

Ugh I really want to get back into it now. Is the series available on DVD?

Yep, the entire series is available on DVD. Season by season with gobs of extras.

Wistful Seeker

26,400 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Don't think I've seen the whole series but love what I have seen. Found a few clips (including bloopers) on youtube. MY mom and I always had a debate about where Lister's accent is from.
OrneryLil1
Don't think I've seen the whole series but love what I have seen. Found a few clips (including bloopers) on youtube. MY mom and I always had a debate about where Lister's accent is from.
The series is a British Comedy Show so all the filming is done in England. They did try to make an American version of the show but it did not take off as well.
The last two series sucked in my opinion..the first was quite slow..but progressive.
I love "Backwards".
I have all of Rob Grants books too.
Too funny.
Lister's accent is a Scouse accent, because Craig Charles is from Liverpool.

In regard to the books, I didn't really enjoy them much. They just didn't really grab me.

High-functioning Hellraiser

14,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Invisibility 100
I've been watching Red Dwarf for the better part of a decade and I'll agree with everyone when I say that the show is great, but once Rimmer left, it went downhill from there. I wish they still showed it on PBS every week like they used to.

My favorite episode is where Cat has all those mech suits dancing along with him. Cat is by far my favorite character besides (male)Holly.

But the best line ever has to be: 'You want me to fly on a magic carpet to meet with the king of the potato people and beg for your lives and you're not crazy?'.

Classic.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces