Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you have hope for Hannibal? Will we see more from the loveable cannibal?

Yes, I have hope! 0.28606965174129 28.6% [ 115 ]
I'm sceptical, but I have hope. 0.22388059701493 22.4% [ 90 ]
No, Hannibal is over, it's not coming back. 0.16417910447761 16.4% [ 66 ]
Gold. 0.32587064676617 32.6% [ 131 ]
Total Votes:[ 402 ]
< 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 157 158 159 > >> >>> »|

Unleashed Cultist

14,600 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Loki Loves Mischief
Bitty Buttons
Loki Loves Mischief
Bitty Buttons
I honestly didn't think I'd continue watching the show after one or two episodes, but I'm completely hooked, and usually I don't watch a lot of tv shows that are non-cartoon.

I must've watched Fromage a dozen times, and nearly cried at the end of it each time because the look on Hannibal's face at the end when Will walked into the room, my god.

This show keeps pulling me back every time and I couldn't be happier about that!

SAME HERE. I've been watching Fromage over and over just to get to that once scene where the episode absolutely climaxes for me. On that point,
did Hannibal send Will to Tobias to test his own feelings for Will?
That's what someone else's take on it was, I had considered it but was unsure what others thought.

I think it was like a test to see if Will was good enough for Hannibal to consider him as a friend. ((oh gosh i can't remember his therapist's name just yet)) But when Hannibal was talking to his own therapist, she said that he has built these walls and it was natural for him to want to see if someone was clever enough to climb over them, so that could be why Hannibal sent Will to Tobias, not just as a manipulation act, but a test. I'm not EXACTLY sure if Hannibal was expecting Will to die, or come out of it alive, but the way the look in his eyes changed when Tobias confessed that he killed two men, I think Hannibal was expecting Will to come out of it alive and it kind of shocked him to hear that. I'M NOT 100% SURE THOUGH ITS ONLY A GUESS. @v@;;

I know what you mean! I love that the show doesn't just hand over answers to us and how they add such subtle details in not only the writing but the characters themselves. Will and Hannibal being the biggest mysteries despite being the main characters. Gives us plenty of room to speculate each scene they have together.

But yes, I can't help but feel also that Hannibal was testing not only Will, but himself, maybe he wanted to know the extent of his feelings for Will. He didn't really know how he would handle losing Will, so when he saw him walk into the room, I saw relief in his face and the way he let out that breath also, as a sign of relief. Like he was holding an anxious tightness in his chest and finally releasing.

I guess it also helps though that in an early Mads interview before the show aired, Mads was talking about how Hannibal was lonely and found a friend in Will. Which is why I tend to lean towards them being more complicated than just being foes. Plus, that makes it all the more interesting. I'm constantly conflicted with myself, as a viewer, I really want them to be friends..despite the obvious fact that Hannibal is a cannibal >.>;.

Exactly! I love that about the show so much, it leaves me with questions and at the edge of my seat desperately waiting for next Thursday. Its scaring me though because I'm so worried that Hannibal's going to be caught, I mean I know he's going to be caught eventually, I'm very aware of that, but I don't want it to happen JUST yet.

That's not a bad point. o:
Yeah it seemed that way, even though he manipulates Will whenever he can.

Ahh I didn't get to see that interview, but by the way it sounds, Hannibal does kind of treat Will a little differently from everyone else, and it seems like Will is becoming comfortable around Hannibal bit by bit, like tiny baby steps. Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing them as friends, even though I know deep down it doesn't hold such a strong possibility.
Gosh I really need to find the books, sit down and read them. @u@

Blessed Conversationalist

17,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Bonfire Starter 500
Exodemic
angel_of_joy

If you do read the books you'll find that hunting is a huge theme from Hannibal rising all the was to Hannibal. Most of Red Dragon we know that Hannibal is in custody already and that Will has had a major issue with going to see him and through the book you hear about why and what happened between Hannibal and Will and how things fell apart and how Will lived when he really shouldn't have. From my personal experience with the books, I believe that Hannibal not so much wants to be friends with Will but had a need to hunt Will. Like his mind was enough to give him the opportunity to live, but how long would the prey outsmart the hunter?

I see, sort of Will is the thing he can't have so he wants him? That's sort of what I got from your post. Isn't it also something like the fact that he has meet someone who is really smart, finally someone of his own calibre.

Kinda and as the books go one - well mostly red dragon because Will isn't in Silence or Hannibal - Hannibal still tries to understand what is going on in Will's head and I think that also plays to it. It's like Hannibal is intrigued because he can't quite understand and explain why Will is so good, and at the same time I think he knows that he can't hide from Will. There is respect, and when Will is submersed in the Ripper case he's so close to Hannibal, but when he's looking at other killers he doesn't see the Ripper and I think Hannibal see that as very interesting. I don't know if it's that Will is so smart - or smart in the same way as Hannibal - but there is something going on in his head that is very facinating and his courage is very facinating for Hannibal. that's why in the books and movie as Hannibal is stabbing Will he says 'I think i'll eat your heart'.

17,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Bonfire Starter 500
P.S I love these discussion that we are having. You guys make watching this show even better because I now have people to talk to about it. Thank you so much!
angel_of_joy
Loki Loves Mischief
angel_of_joy
Loki Loves Mischief
I must have watched Fromage at least 5 times now. I can't quite seem to get enough of this show.

Me too! the part that is bugging me the most about that was that Hannibal practically fed Will to Tobias and then when he shows up after the big fight Hannibal was like 'i thought you were dead' as if he were to say 'damnit one little job Tobias. I gave you one little job and you failed.'

Actually, I mentioned this in a post earlier about that. Earlier in the episode Hannibal was talking to his psychiatrist about taking the dive to truly committing to Will as a friend, about how he saw Will as someone he wanted to have a true friendship with. I really liked how his psychiatrist mentioned how Hannibal had built walls and that he might want to see if there was anyone clever enough to climb over them. Maybe Hannibal sent Will to Tobias to test his own feelings for Will ? Because Hannibal hesitated, when he told Will about Tobias. I think that might make more sense than Hannibal viciously sending Will to his death. Hannibal's shown on more than one occasion his "affection" for Will, like when Will didn't show up for his appointment with Hannibal. Hannibal took a while, but eventually he couldn't sit there and went looking for him. In his own twisted way, I think he genuinely likes Will. What do you think??

It might be a part of Hannibal's twisted mindset, but i'm not sure because of what i know happens in the books. Sure he developes a friendship and he likes Will, but in the end Hannibal does say to Will "every game has to end. You've been a worthy opponent. and even though Will doesn't die when Hannibal attacks him the first time and Hannibal is caught. There is that camaraderie, but at the same time - Hannibal goes after Will again. I think too many people want to see Hannibal and Will have this amazing relationship in this weird Angel vs Daemon sort of way, but it can't happen because at some point Will will realise that Hannibal is evil and there wont be any sympathy for the devil.

You know what they sort of remind me of? As far as their relationship goes, The Count of Monte Cristo and Albert, at least in the Japanese animation version of, Gankutsuou, not sure if you or anyone has seen that series, but it's basically a different take on the classic story where the Count befriends Albert and manipulates but at the same time it sort of backfires on him in the sense that he ends up having an affection for Albert in his own way. In the end it still ends badly because the Count can't stop his nature and neither can Albert. And when the betrayal happened, it made it so heart wrenching, in the best way. But I loved them similarly to the way I love Hannibal and Will. A friendship for a while will make me happy, even though I know it won't last. I guess..I want to see it break down between them in the same heart wrenching way, I love drama and theatrics LOL.

And thank you for the thread! I'm loving the conversations too, I was dying to talk to others about it other than my fiance', haha.

17,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Bonfire Starter 500
Loki Loves Mischief
angel_of_joy
Loki Loves Mischief
angel_of_joy
Loki Loves Mischief
I must have watched Fromage at least 5 times now. I can't quite seem to get enough of this show.

Me too! the part that is bugging me the most about that was that Hannibal practically fed Will to Tobias and then when he shows up after the big fight Hannibal was like 'i thought you were dead' as if he were to say 'damnit one little job Tobias. I gave you one little job and you failed.'

Actually, I mentioned this in a post earlier about that. Earlier in the episode Hannibal was talking to his psychiatrist about taking the dive to truly committing to Will as a friend, about how he saw Will as someone he wanted to have a true friendship with. I really liked how his psychiatrist mentioned how Hannibal had built walls and that he might want to see if there was anyone clever enough to climb over them. Maybe Hannibal sent Will to Tobias to test his own feelings for Will ? Because Hannibal hesitated, when he told Will about Tobias. I think that might make more sense than Hannibal viciously sending Will to his death. Hannibal's shown on more than one occasion his "affection" for Will, like when Will didn't show up for his appointment with Hannibal. Hannibal took a while, but eventually he couldn't sit there and went looking for him. In his own twisted way, I think he genuinely likes Will. What do you think??

It might be a part of Hannibal's twisted mindset, but i'm not sure because of what i know happens in the books. Sure he developes a friendship and he likes Will, but in the end Hannibal does say to Will "every game has to end. You've been a worthy opponent. and even though Will doesn't die when Hannibal attacks him the first time and Hannibal is caught. There is that camaraderie, but at the same time - Hannibal goes after Will again. I think too many people want to see Hannibal and Will have this amazing relationship in this weird Angel vs Daemon sort of way, but it can't happen because at some point Will will realise that Hannibal is evil and there wont be any sympathy for the devil.

You know what they sort of remind me of? As far as their relationship goes, The Count of Monte Cristo and Albert, at least in the Japanese animation version of, Gankutsuou, not sure if you or anyone has seen that series, but it's basically a different take on the classic story where the Count befriends Albert and manipulates but at the same time it sort of backfires on him in the sense that he ends up having an affection for Albert in his own way. In the end it still ends badly because the Count can't stop his nature and neither can Albert. And when the betrayal happened, it made it so heart wrenching, in the best way. But I loved them similarly to the way I love Hannibal and Will. A friendship for a while will make me happy, even though I know it won't last. I guess..I want to see it break down between them in the same heart wrenching way, I love drama and theatrics LOL.

And thank you for the thread! I'm loving the conversations too, I was dying to talk to others about it other than my fiance', haha.

It does sound like the Count of Monte Cristo. I've only ever read the original. And i think you are right. Everyone wants to see it become a friendship, but at the same time we all know what is going to happen. It could be the best and worst thing to happen to hannibal!

Thanks so much for sticking around! heehee.

17,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Bonfire Starter 500
Oh my gosh, it's tuesday...it's been raining since friday...All i want is Hannibal but you can only watch it so many times before you just need something new. Why can't it be thursday.

In other news Hawaii Five-O did a very hannibal movie kind of scene between Steve and Wo Fat last night...except Wo Fat now looks like Two Face. I'm not really sure how I feel about it because the scene just wasn't up to the caliber that I expect from Hannibal...You fail Five-O
I know, I've been re-watching all eight episodes at random since last week but mostly Fromage and Sorbet. I love those two episodes.. I am so ready for it to be Thursday too. I was hesitant to see what's next but..I'm just ready to see it, like ripping off a band aid..I want to know what Will has caught on to regarding Hannibal.. gonk

And as far as Hawaii five-o goes, don't watch the show, but my mother does. LOL I doubt any other crime drama will ever have the artistic class of Hannibal.

17,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Bonfire Starter 500
Loki Loves Mischief
I know, I've been re-watching all eight episodes at random since last week but mostly Fromage and Sorbet. I love those two episodes.. I am so ready for it to be Thursday too. I was hesitant to see what's next but..I'm just ready to see it, like ripping off a band aid..I want to know what Will has caught on to regarding Hannibal.. gonk

And as far as Hawaii five-o goes, don't watch the show, but my mother does. LOL I doubt any other crime drama will ever have the artistic class of Hannibal.

I completely agree with you on both topics. I'm ready to see hannibal, and anything that isn't hannibal is disappointing...except Chicago Fire. That season finale was really good tonight. I was content.

Dangerous Sex Symbol

I've found my people.

So I started watching Hannibal the Sunday before last, and watched 5 episodes in one day and was able to watch last Thursdays episode because I had caught up.

I can proudly say that, I am IN LOVE with this show.

I haven't been this obsessed with a show since The Walking Dead.

This is such a wonderful show, I'm so glad I started watching.
Us Fannibal's are just awesome. What is everyone's favorite crime scene so far? Or which was the most disturbing to you? For me, it was either human instrument or the angels at the bed. I just love how creepy the crime scenes are, they're so fantastical.

17,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Bonfire Starter 500
Sinclair Solutions
I've found my people.

So I started watching Hannibal the Sunday before last, and watched 5 episodes in one day and was able to watch last Thursdays episode because I had caught up.

I can proudly say that, I am IN LOVE with this show.

I haven't been this obsessed with a show since The Walking Dead.

This is such a wonderful show, I'm so glad I started watching.

yes you have found your people! *hugs*

It is a wonderful show. If you haven't read the books - maybe a summer read perhaps?

17,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Bonfire Starter 500
Loki Loves Mischief
Us Fannibal's are just awesome. What is everyone's favorite crime scene so far? Or which was the most disturbing to you? For me, it was either human instrument or the angels at the bed. I just love how creepy the crime scenes are, they're so fantastical.

I have to agree. The angels one freaked me right out. And that girls body on the stag head. that was a bit much.

Dangerous Sex Symbol

angel_of_joy

It is a wonderful show. If you haven't read the books - maybe a summer read perhaps?

Yay! -hugs-

And no, I haven't read the books yet. I think I might just give them a try this summer though.

I'm super excited for tomorrow's episode!~

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Loki Loves Mischief

I'm going to have to go with the Angels one myself, that episode was fairly gruesome.

I loved it though~

17,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Bonfire Starter 500
Sinclair Solutions
angel_of_joy

Yay! -hugs-

And no, I haven't read the books yet. I think I might just give them a try this summer though.

I'm super excited for tomorrow's episode!~

I'm planning a summer re-read as soon as my best friend gives me back the first two books because i got her hooked on the show and so she's started the books for the first time.

AND

IT"S TODAY!!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas