Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you have hope for Hannibal? Will we see more from the loveable cannibal?

Yes, I have hope! 0.28606965174129 28.6% [ 115 ]
I'm sceptical, but I have hope. 0.22388059701493 22.4% [ 90 ]
No, Hannibal is over, it's not coming back. 0.16417910447761 16.4% [ 66 ]
Gold. 0.32587064676617 32.6% [ 131 ]
Total Votes:[ 402 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 157 158 159 > >> >>> »|

Bitty Buttons
I honestly didn't think I'd continue watching the show after one or two episodes, but I'm completely hooked, and usually I don't watch a lot of tv shows that are non-cartoon.

I must've watched Fromage a dozen times, and nearly cried at the end of it each time because the look on Hannibal's face at the end when Will walked into the room, my god.

This show keeps pulling me back every time and I couldn't be happier about that!

SAME HERE. I've been watching Fromage over and over just to get to that once scene where the episode absolutely climaxes for me. On that point,
did Hannibal send Will to Tobias to test his own feelings for Will?
That's what someone else's take on it was, I had considered it but was unsure what others thought.

Blessed Conversationalist

17,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Bonfire Starter 500
Exodemic
angel_of_joy

I agree with you on the way he killed Tobias. That was interesting and I think that is going to be one of the reason - one of the symbols - that is going to make Will realize he's known who the ripper was since the very beginning.

Honestly, I wonder why the moose and not a different animal, maybe it's described in the book? Also the fact that when he killed those two girls he put them on the moose horns I've been saying moose like an idiot, it's a deer, isn't it? Sigh. I agree, that probably will be the signal, somehow I feel that the season finale will have something to with the stag, and ending with a cliffhanger, obviously, that will make us cry for the next season.

LOL yes, i agree that's more than likely what will happen at the end of the season.

I do believe the stag has some major significance in the books. I can't remember because its been a while since i read those books, but yeah. I think it all stems to the Hobb plot because he had an antler room and because it was the first case they worked on together.

17,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Bonfire Starter 500
Loki Loves Mischief
I must have watched Fromage at least 5 times now. I can't quite seem to get enough of this show.

Me too! the part that is bugging me the most about that was that Hannibal practically fed Will to Tobias and then when he shows up after the big fight Hannibal was like 'i thought you were dead' as if he were to say 'damnit one little job Tobias. I gave you one little job and you failed.'

17,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Bonfire Starter 500
Kunstmalers Revenge
angel_of_joy
Kunstmalers Revenge
I'm super stoked for the rest of the season though I wonder when they're going to progress onto the plot of Red Dragon with Hannibal being in jail and such...

I find myself very charmed by Mads, while with Hopkins I was charmed and disgusted so I wonder how it'll play out!

Fingers crossed for it not being cancelled!!

I heard from some tweets by Brian Fuller that the red dragon plot would really start to play out in season four if they get that far.

I'm very charmed with Mads too. He's just doing such a great job! I think, as we get further into things, he's just going to get more and more creepy, and though i want that to happen, i'm dreading it too because I love this beautifully dressed, almost honest Hannibal - honest in that I feel like he's honest and deceptive to Will in a strange way where as he's completely fake with Jack.

SEASON 4! I know that they only do 13 episode seasons, but that's a really long plot to be getting to.

He has a really good human suit on with Jack, and not so much with Will. I love shows that allow for deep character development and revelations instead of just chopped up story lines.

I'm totally okay if it takes that long. The longer it takes, the longer Hannibal will be out of prison and about to wear all those beautiful suits! heehee. He's just too good looking for his own good when he's all fancied up!

I agree with the plot arks and the character development. It wouldn't do justice to the books if they just cut things off.

17,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Bonfire Starter 500
Bitty Buttons
I honestly didn't think I'd continue watching the show after one or two episodes, but I'm completely hooked, and usually I don't watch a lot of tv shows that are non-cartoon.

I must've watched Fromage a dozen times, and nearly cried at the end of it each time because the look on Hannibal's face at the end when Will walked into the room, my god.

This show keeps pulling me back every time and I couldn't be happier about that!

Yes, the look on Hannibal's face was endearing but at the same time, Hannibal told Tobias at dinner that he was being investigated by the FBI and Hannibal told him that eventually they would come to interrogate him and Tobias answered with and I will kill them all. Then moments later Hannibal tells Will where to FIND Tobias. He literally just threw Will to the wolves!

17,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Bonfire Starter 500
Loki Loves Mischief
Bitty Buttons

SAME HERE. I've been watching Fromage over and over just to get to that once scene where the episode absolutely climaxes for me. On that point,
That's what someone else's take on it was, I had considered it but was unsure what others thought.

I think it was all part of Hannibal's plan because he knows that Will will be the one to catch him and i think he knows that the things that Will is hallucinating is going to lead him closed to Hannibal. So Hannibal saw a way to get rid of Will without having to do it himself. In a way there was a respect for their relationship, but at the same time its like he knows that it's either him or will.
angel_of_joy
Loki Loves Mischief
I must have watched Fromage at least 5 times now. I can't quite seem to get enough of this show.

Me too! the part that is bugging me the most about that was that Hannibal practically fed Will to Tobias and then when he shows up after the big fight Hannibal was like 'i thought you were dead' as if he were to say 'damnit one little job Tobias. I gave you one little job and you failed.'

Actually, I mentioned this in a post earlier about that. Earlier in the episode Hannibal was talking to his psychiatrist about taking the dive to truly committing to Will as a friend, about how he saw Will as someone he wanted to have a true friendship with. I really liked how his psychiatrist mentioned how Hannibal had built walls and that he might want to see if there was anyone clever enough to climb over them. Maybe Hannibal sent Will to Tobias to test his own feelings for Will ? Because Hannibal hesitated, when he told Will about Tobias. I think that might make more sense than Hannibal viciously sending Will to his death. Hannibal's shown on more than one occasion his "affection" for Will, like when Will didn't show up for his appointment with Hannibal. Hannibal took a while, but eventually he couldn't sit there and went looking for him. In his own twisted way, I think he genuinely likes Will. What do you think??

Unleashed Cultist

14,600 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
angel_of_joy
Bitty Buttons

Yes, the look on Hannibal's face was endearing but at the same time, Hannibal told Tobias at dinner that he was being investigated by the FBI and Hannibal told him that eventually they would come to interrogate him and Tobias answered with and I will kill them all. Then moments later Hannibal tells Will where to FIND Tobias. He literally just threw Will to the wolves!

I know about that part, but when he told Will about it without exactly going into detail, it honestly didn't cross my mind that Hannibal was basically throwing Will into the fire until I watched it again and was like "WAIT A MINUTE!"
Some people on Tumblr, when I look through the Hannibal tag, say that Hannibal did that as a test to see if Will was worthy enough to be his friend or something close to that. Maybe 'worthy' wasn't the exact word. >A<;;

Unleashed Cultist

14,600 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Loki Loves Mischief
Bitty Buttons

I think it was like a test to see if Will was good enough for Hannibal to consider him as a friend. ((oh gosh i can't remember his therapist's name just yet)) But when Hannibal was talking to his own therapist, she said that he has built these walls and it was natural for him to want to see if someone was clever enough to climb over them, so that could be why Hannibal sent Will to Tobias, not just as a manipulation act, but a test. I'm not EXACTLY sure if Hannibal was expecting Will to die, or come out of it alive, but the way the look in his eyes changed when Tobias confessed that he killed two men, I think Hannibal was expecting Will to come out of it alive and it kind of shocked him to hear that. I'M NOT 100% SURE THOUGH ITS ONLY A GUESS. @v@;;
Bitty Buttons
Loki Loves Mischief
Bitty Buttons

I think it was like a test to see if Will was good enough for Hannibal to consider him as a friend. ((oh gosh i can't remember his therapist's name just yet)) But when Hannibal was talking to his own therapist, she said that he has built these walls and it was natural for him to want to see if someone was clever enough to climb over them, so that could be why Hannibal sent Will to Tobias, not just as a manipulation act, but a test. I'm not EXACTLY sure if Hannibal was expecting Will to die, or come out of it alive, but the way the look in his eyes changed when Tobias confessed that he killed two men, I think Hannibal was expecting Will to come out of it alive and it kind of shocked him to hear that. I'M NOT 100% SURE THOUGH ITS ONLY A GUESS. @v@;;

I know what you mean! I love that the show doesn't just hand over answers to us and how they add such subtle details in not only the writing but the characters themselves. Will and Hannibal being the biggest mysteries despite being the main characters. Gives us plenty of room to speculate each scene they have together.

But yes, I can't help but feel also that Hannibal was testing not only Will, but himself, maybe he wanted to know the extent of his feelings for Will. He didn't really know how he would handle losing Will, so when he saw him walk into the room, I saw relief in his face and the way he let out that breath also, as a sign of relief. Like he was holding an anxious tightness in his chest and finally releasing.

I guess it also helps though that in an early Mads interview before the show aired, Mads was talking about how Hannibal was lonely and found a friend in Will. Which is why I tend to lean towards them being more complicated than just being foes. Plus, that makes it all the more interesting. I'm constantly conflicted with myself, as a viewer, I really want them to be friends..despite the obvious fact that Hannibal is a cannibal >.>;.

17,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Bonfire Starter 500
Loki Loves Mischief
angel_of_joy
Loki Loves Mischief

Actually, I mentioned this in a post earlier about that. Earlier in the episode Hannibal was talking to his psychiatrist about taking the dive to truly committing to Will as a friend, about how he saw Will as someone he wanted to have a true friendship with. I really liked how his psychiatrist mentioned how Hannibal had built walls and that he might want to see if there was anyone clever enough to climb over them. Maybe Hannibal sent Will to Tobias to test his own feelings for Will ? Because Hannibal hesitated, when he told Will about Tobias. I think that might make more sense than Hannibal viciously sending Will to his death. Hannibal's shown on more than one occasion his "affection" for Will, like when Will didn't show up for his appointment with Hannibal. Hannibal took a while, but eventually he couldn't sit there and went looking for him. In his own twisted way, I think he genuinely likes Will. What do you think??

It might be a part of Hannibal's twisted mindset, but i'm not sure because of what i know happens in the books. Sure he developes a friendship and he likes Will, but in the end Hannibal does say to Will "every game has to end. You've been a worthy opponent. and even though Will doesn't die when Hannibal attacks him the first time and Hannibal is caught. There is that camaraderie, but at the same time - Hannibal goes after Will again. I think too many people want to see Hannibal and Will have this amazing relationship in this weird Angel vs Daemon sort of way, but it can't happen because at some point Will will realise that Hannibal is evil and there wont be any sympathy for the devil.

17,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Bonfire Starter 500
Bitty Buttons
angel_of_joy
Bitty Buttons

I know about that part, but when he told Will about it without exactly going into detail, it honestly didn't cross my mind that Hannibal was basically throwing Will into the fire until I watched it again and was like "WAIT A MINUTE!"
Some people on Tumblr, when I look through the Hannibal tag, say that Hannibal did that as a test to see if Will was worthy enough to be his friend or something close to that. Maybe 'worthy' wasn't the exact word. >A<;;

If that is the case and Hannibal want's to trust Will, then that could be the moment where Hannibal seals his own fate, because i don't believe Will will show any friendship or loyalty to Hannibal once He understands that Hannibal is the Ripper that he's been trying to catch - if this show stays accurate to the books then I know this is the case because ultimately Will is the one who figures out who Hannibal is and Hannibal does try to kill Will.

d r x g n's Fangirl

High-functioning Smoker

angel_of_joy
Exodemic
angel_of_joy

I agree with you on the way he killed Tobias. That was interesting and I think that is going to be one of the reason - one of the symbols - that is going to make Will realize he's known who the ripper was since the very beginning.

Honestly, I wonder why the moose and not a different animal, maybe it's described in the book? Also the fact that when he killed those two girls he put them on the moose horns I've been saying moose like an idiot, it's a deer, isn't it? Sigh. I agree, that probably will be the signal, somehow I feel that the season finale will have something to with the stag, and ending with a cliffhanger, obviously, that will make us cry for the next season.

LOL yes, i agree that's more than likely what will happen at the end of the season.

I do believe the stag has some major significance in the books. I can't remember because its been a while since i read those books, but yeah. I think it all stems to the Hobb plot because he had an antler room and because it was the first case they worked on together.

I actually read on tumblr, from someone who recently read the books that the whole Hobbs things was only ever slightly mentioned, something about simply saiyng that Will had caught Hobbs, maybe the show is just an insight of how it all began and then stem into the book? I don't know, I haven't even read it, I'm just going off what I've heard. In addition to the Antler room, the fact that Hannibal called him and Abigal knows it was Hannibal that tipped him off.

17,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Bonfire Starter 500
Exodemic
angel_of_joy
Exodemic
angel_of_joy

I actually read on tumblr, from someone who recently read the books that the whole Hobbs things was only ever slightly mentioned, something about simply saiyng that Will had caught Hobbs, maybe the show is just an insight of how it all began and then stem into the book? I don't know, I haven't even read it, I'm just going off what I've heard. In addition to the Antler room, the fact that Hannibal called him and Abigal knows it was Hannibal that tipped him off.

If you do read the books you'll find that hunting is a huge theme from Hannibal rising all the was to Hannibal. Most of Red Dragon we know that Hannibal is in custody already and that Will has had a major issue with going to see him and through the book you hear about why and what happened between Hannibal and Will and how things fell apart and how Will lived when he really shouldn't have. From my personal experience with the books, I believe that Hannibal not so much wants to be friends with Will but had a need to hunt Will. Like his mind was enough to give him the opportunity to live, but how long would the prey outsmart the hunter?

d r x g n's Fangirl

High-functioning Smoker

angel_of_joy

If you do read the books you'll find that hunting is a huge theme from Hannibal rising all the was to Hannibal. Most of Red Dragon we know that Hannibal is in custody already and that Will has had a major issue with going to see him and through the book you hear about why and what happened between Hannibal and Will and how things fell apart and how Will lived when he really shouldn't have. From my personal experience with the books, I believe that Hannibal not so much wants to be friends with Will but had a need to hunt Will. Like his mind was enough to give him the opportunity to live, but how long would the prey outsmart the hunter?

I see, sort of Will is the thing he can't have so he wants him? That's sort of what I got from your post. Isn't it also something like the fact that he has meet someone who is really smart, finally someone of his own calibre.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff