Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you have hope for Hannibal? Will we see more from the loveable cannibal?

Yes, I have hope! 0.28606965174129 28.6% [ 115 ]
I'm sceptical, but I have hope. 0.22388059701493 22.4% [ 90 ]
No, Hannibal is over, it's not coming back. 0.16417910447761 16.4% [ 66 ]
Gold. 0.32587064676617 32.6% [ 131 ]
Total Votes:[ 402 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 7 ... 157 158 159 > >> >>> »|

Blessed Conversationalist

17,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Bonfire Starter 500
Exoth XIII
More interesting than Lector, is Will Graham, in this show. They picked a good actor for him; dude gets freakin' creepy when he's in the zone. When he imagines himself standing in the dark, staring at a lit house, you get the feeling he IS the serial killer.

Oh i completely agree, Dancy is amazing. I've seen him in a few other shows, mostly BBC dramas, so this is the first that i've seen him in such a dark role and not playing a brit. He's so convincing and when he's acting like he's tormented by it, because who wouldn't be, you really believe that he's just about ready to crack.

Blessed Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
angel_of_joy
911child
angel_of_joy
911child
angel_of_joy
911child
My girlfriend suggested it to me, its really interesting.

I have to agree with you. From what i've watched so far, i have to say that this is an incredible show and so accurate to the books.

heh, i heard of Hannibal Lector, but i kinda thought he was a real guy, not a fictional guy. But the show is just really interesting smile

Apparently, Thomas Harris, the original writer of the hannibal stories was at one time a crime journalist and I believe i heard somewhere that some of Hannibal's traits were based on actually cases.

Ah neat smile

Yeah, i've been a hannibal fan for a long time. I've been waiting for this show and now that it's here i'm just so happy.

Im a fan of criminal shows, like NCIS and CSI

17,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Bonfire Starter 500
911child
angel_of_joy
911child
angel_of_joy
911child

heh, i heard of Hannibal Lector, but i kinda thought he was a real guy, not a fictional guy. But the show is just really interesting smile

Apparently, Thomas Harris, the original writer of the hannibal stories was at one time a crime journalist and I believe i heard somewhere that some of Hannibal's traits were based on actually cases.

Ah neat smile

Yeah, i've been a hannibal fan for a long time. I've been waiting for this show and now that it's here i'm just so happy.

I am too, though only resently. My favs, next to Hannibal are Hawaii Five-O and NCIS:LA

Blessed Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
angel_of_joy
911child
angel_of_joy
911child
angel_of_joy
911child

Ah neat smile

I am too, though only resently. My favs, next to Hannibal are Hawaii Five-O and NCIS:LA

I havent seen Hawaii Five-O but i have seen NCIS: LA, and i dont know why, but i dont like it as much as the normal NCIS.

17,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Bonfire Starter 500
911child
angel_of_joy
911child
angel_of_joy
911child

Ah neat smile

I havent seen Hawaii Five-O but i have seen NCIS: LA, and i dont know why, but i dont like it as much as the normal NCIS.

And i'm the other way around, although the only reason i got into NCIS: LA is because they did a cross over show with Hawaii Five-O. Kensi had appeared in one episode of Five-O as a stand alone thing, and then in season two the brought Sam and Callen right into Hawaii. It was pretty great. Then Danny and Chin went back to LA with Sam and Callen. They were two very good episodes in my opinion.

Blessed Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
angel_of_joy
911child
angel_of_joy
911child
angel_of_joy
911child

Ah neat smile

And i'm the other way around, although the only reason i got into NCIS: LA is because they did a cross over show with Hawaii Five-O. Kensi had appeared in one episode of Five-O as a stand alone thing, and then in season two the brought Sam and Callen right into Hawaii. It was pretty great. Then Danny and Chin went back to LA with Sam and Callen. They were two very good episodes in my opinion.

^_^ ah. I like house razz not exactly like NCS but still good.

17,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Bonfire Starter 500
911child
angel_of_joy
911child
angel_of_joy
911child

^_^ ah. I like house razz not exactly like NCS but still good.

House was awesome. I miss it.

17,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Bonfire Starter 500
Gillian Anderson is going to be in the next episode of Hannibal. I'm so excited to see Scully back on TV! please say there are some X-files fines out there.

17,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Bonfire Starter 500
Does anyone know how the series is doing in the ratings? are there rumours on whether or not we'll make it past the 13 episodes to a full season stretch?

17,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Bonfire Starter 500
So I did some research and i'm even more excited about this show now. The producer Brian Fuller, he's got plans for this show and I kinda love how passionate he is about it. he said each season will only be 13 episodes so that they can condense what is happening with the characters and give you really good story telling. I think it's brilliant! I can't wait to see more. I'm now completely caught up. I'm so mad at myself for not seeing the pilot episode when it first aired, it was so good!
I'm quite addicted already. But this is NBC and they always pull the good shows after about a month's run and let s**t like LOST keep spiraling into oblivion for no apparent reason.
I'm not too fond of how the last episode let a pretty huge cat out of the bag, even though we already have back story and information on Hannibal due to the books and movies I think it would have been nice to keep toying with the idea that the series predates his murderous tendencies or at least let the series continue fiddling with our heads a bit on whether or not he's behind any of the murders. I would hope that at some point since this has been unleashed so early on that somewhere down the road we learn what exactly made him "snap" for lack of a better word. I'm sure its precise and calculated but I want to know why those people and why in such an awful way.
I also liked last week's murderer the supposed ripper.
he was morbidly comical.
This is definitely my kind of series.

17,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Bonfire Starter 500
Lady Aurora Borealis
I'm quite addicted already. But this is NBC and they always pull the good shows after about a month's run and let s**t like LOST keep spiraling into oblivion for no apparent reason.
I'm not too fond of how the last episode let a pretty huge cat out of the bag, even though we already have back story and information on Hannibal due to the books and movies I think it would have been nice to keep toying with the idea that the series predates his murderous tendencies or at least let the series continue fiddling with our heads a bit on whether or not he's behind any of the murders. I would hope that at some point since this has been unleashed so early on that somewhere down the road we learn what exactly made him "snap" for lack of a better word. I'm sure its precise and calculated but I want to know why those people and why in such an awful way.
I also liked last week's murderer the supposed ripper.
he was morbidly comical.
This is definitely my kind of series.

I would have to agree with you completely. The Murderer last week was Eddie Izzard and he's hillarious if you look into his comic routines. In his younger days he did his whole shows dressed completely in drag, now he's gotten a little more lax in it but he's still primarily a comedien and He's brilliant. Actually does full shows in French too. It's amazing. He's just so versatile.

From the books we know what triggered Hannibal's tendencies all the way back to his childhood, if you want accept hannibal rising as the actual beginnings of hannibals story. Where he becomes the Chesapeake ripper. His medical mutilations date back to the Hannibal Rising book, but the way that the victims are mounted isn't really mentioned in the books.

I don't know what to say about NBC, i've been disappointed with them before but this year they did pick up and let run one of my other new favourite shows, so i can't complain. And from what I've already read about this Hannibal adaptation, the series up to season 4 almost sounds like it's a sure thing. They will only be doing 13 episode a season so that they can cover certain aspects of Will and Hannibal's relationship and it sounds like each season will have a specific focus. This season the Hobbs story arch. Season 4 is supposed to be the red dragon story arch. I'm really interested in seeing how this plays out. Every time I watch and episode i feel like i'm watching a movie and reading a book and no other show has done that for me. I love the little things that they are playing with to brings everything together. Hannibal mentions his uncle Robertus, the baltimore state mental facility is exactly the same as the facility used in Silence of the Lambs. I love the connections. My only problem is some of the modern technology that you see in the show. It shouldn't be based today. It should be more 70s 80s if they want to keep to the books - which means hannibal would not have an ipad. Those are the kinds of things that bother me. I'm trying not to be bothered by it but because I am so familiar with the books and that universe it irks me.

17,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Bonfire Starter 500
So last night's episode Sorbet was amazing, and the preview for Fromage looks incredible. I think more and more Will is starting to suspect Hannibal of not being everything that they think he is.

Favorite parts: Hannibal in the ambulance being all Doctor McDreamy and saving the guys life. I think it was the ditching of his coat and the dawning of the blue latex gloves that got me.

The dinner party in where everything is people! heehee.

All the incredible classical music perfectly chosen to fit in with the show. The played stuff from the opera Faust. They played the Mozart requiem from the moment where historically we know that Mozard died while writing it. And while Hannibal is cooking they play a chopin piano concerto - Chopin get it! heehee. oh the music puns!

Things that pissed me off - mostly the fandom. I read somewhere that someone was completely infuriated that Brian Fuller alluded to there being people in the beer (the beer that Hannibal gave to Dr. Bloom and said there it was her own personal stock). And this person was like that's impossible. How would you get people into beer? Like the process is hugely complicated and in breweries it's very much regulated but it's not impossible to make your own beer. I've done it. And then if you paid enough attention to the show there is a scene where Hannibal puts what his says is blood into a blender and blends it until the red and the white blood cells separate from each other and then he talks about using just the clear liquid as a sause. (separating the blood cultures from each other, i believe, is how scientist profile the DNA within the blood. So the separation of the blood isn't a new concept) Well if you can separate the blood cells, put the 'clear liquid' into your beer brewing aparatus and then add your barley and your hops and all the other yeists and sugars to ferment and make beer then yes it is possible to get people into beer. Just saying.

That's my rant!

So in conclusion... yes it's all people!

Informer

My mom introduced this show to me, lol. It's really good. I like how they make it so graceful and poised.

17,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Bonfire Starter 500
Perpetuate
My mom introduced this show to me, lol. It's really good. I like how they make it so graceful and poised.

I completely agree with you, but i think that is something that has to happen because it plays to the phycological reason why Hannibal kills. Have you read the four books by Thomas Harris?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff