Welcome to Gaia! ::

Joda01
The20
I should bake more often. Last time was almost a year ago ...
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y102/The20/Thereshallbecake2_zps03a0f263.jpg

Edit: Good time to test the camera of my phone. Mediocre quality in my humble opinion.

Edit 2: The cake was delicious. http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y102/The20/Halbkuchen_zpse9de0077.jpg

I blame you, now you got me to bake, I use the word bake loosely here, since I ended up buying a cake mix and adding a bag of mixed frozen forest berries to it.
so not really baking, but I am likely to fool my guests
When i started i used cake mix, too. Then i started to make the dough myself - and honestly it's not much of a difference from the workload and probably the ingredients. What does it matter if you mix the flour, sugar and baking soda yourself or get a cake mix that has all of them already?

Benevolent Borg

14,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
i've been posting in here a lot lately... >_<'

as of now i've got all the items i to complete my D&D character on gaia. i feel as though i wasted a lot of potential avi art on something barely noticeable though...
Had math exam today, next exam tomorrow, 8+ pages left to copy and no time. Why does everything always add up to one massive pile? Every ******** deadline seems to attract others lately ...

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
The20
Had math exam today, next exam tomorrow, 8+ pages left to copy and no time. Why does everything always add up to one massive pile? Every ******** deadline seems to attract others lately ...

Just came back today from visiting friends to find that my financial funding went through and was awarded (woo £850 I don't have to fork out next academic year) but still need to finalise registration for the course as well as apply for continued support as well as provide evidence that I'm still disabled despite my condition being one that's going with me to the ******** grave whether I like it or not.
Lanackse-Kanvae
The20

Just came back today from visiting friends to find that my financial funding went through and was awarded (woo £850 I don't have to fork out next academic year) but still need to finalise registration for the course as well as apply for continued support as well as provide evidence that I'm still disabled despite my condition being one that's going with me to the ******** grave whether I like it or not.
My disability kept me out of the military. Whether or not that was a good thing i have yet to decide.

In unrelated news, somehow managed to copy all that crap.
Of course i was woken up by the craftsmen way too early again. Working on a roof that could have been finished last week. I'm so apathetic i don't even want to kill anyone anymore. This exam is going to be ******** awesome ...

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
I seriously wonder if reading comprehension is even taught in school these days judging by one post. My reply is unpleasant (in the sense of that I essentially repeated a part of the OP and went through a lot of examples of how the wanker is an idiot.

Come on they called MBAM a ******** antivirus when just about everyone including the devs themselves agree that it's not). Thankfully you can't get banned for calling someone a "noodlewanger". Thank Shakespeare for that one or my favourite "cod tickling muffin badger".

He's probably going to say that my setup of MBAM, SUPER, and AVAST updated every 2 days on a line with 4096 bit encryption is s**t and insecure. I know 4096 bit encryption doesn't exist on the consumer level (yet) but I figured that being moderate would go over his head so went overboard on the security thing.
What can i say, the exam was awesome, and not in a sarcastic way either.

@Lanackse-Kanvae:
MBAM?
Yeah, ok, i know you're talking about that other MBAM, but when i first read the acronym i didn't know what to do with it, so i searched the net ...

Edit: I'm almost annoying again, aren't i? Maybe i should post less again.

Everyday Cat

That feeling when you wake up at 7:40, only see the :40, and think you're late and stumble out into the living room still half-dressed and someone points to a clock and it's NOT 9:40... I'm going back to bed. Let's hope I don't oversleep for real gonk

Benevolent Borg

14,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
Quote:
I seriously wonder if reading comprehension is even taught in school these days

it isn't. and even if it was i doubt any of the students would listen/care.

i hate public schooling.
Shade7510
Quote:
I seriously wonder if reading comprehension is even taught in school these days

it isn't. and even if it was i doubt any of the students would listen/care.

i hate public schooling.
We listened and cared in the '80s.

Well, more than today, anyway.

Benevolent Borg

14,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
psychic stalker

lucky bastards.

but i think a lot of it has to do with the teachers too. they should have advance degrees(assuming we're talking about English here) in literature rather than just teaching degrees. but they also need more pay. assuming i got a masters in English even then i wouldn't want to become a teacher because of how shitty the job is.

maybe i should just move to a different country.
Shade7510
psychic stalker

lucky bastards.

but i think a lot of it has to do with the teachers too. they should have advance degrees(assuming we're talking about English here) in literature rather than just teaching degrees. but they also need more pay. assuming i got a masters in English even then i wouldn't want to become a teacher because of how shitty the job is.

maybe i should just move to a different country.
You don't need an advanced degree to teach English. All you need is a good liberal arts education. Even a 2-year degree should be acceptable. All you need is to be highly literate.

But teaching engineering, math, or science should of course require at least masters-level education. You can't teach science that you don't understand. But even then, being literate in the scientific method should be enough.... Trouble is, being literate in the scientific method seems to always require a masters, lest you fall victim to pseudo-science or religion.

Benevolent Borg

14,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
psychic stalker
You don't need an advanced degree to teach English. All you need is a good liberal arts education. Even a 2-year degree should be acceptable. All you need is to be highly literate.

But teaching engineering, math, or science should of course require at least masters-level education. You can't teach science that you don't understand. But even then, being literate in the scientific method should be enough.... Trouble is, being literate in the scientific method seems to always require a masters, lest you fall victim to pseudo-science or religion.

ehh, well they'd certainly require something more that just a teaching degree for english because that doesn't seem to work well.

those types of education aren't usually taught at birth by most parents i don't think. maybe that has something to do with it.
but it's not like religion has ever held back science or anything like that. it's totally reliable.

Benevolent Borg

14,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
Quote:
That feeling when you wake up at 7:40, only see the :40, and think you're late and stumble out into the living room still half-dressed and someone points to a clock and it's NOT 9:40... I'm going back to bed. Let's hope I don't oversleep for real gonk

thus is why i set my alarm clock 30mins-1hour ahead. but since the houses electrical wiring is shitty as hell circuits will break and it'll reset itself all the time and it drives me insane.
Shade7510
but it's not like religion has ever held back science or anything like that. it's totally reliable.
*cough*darkages*cough*inquisition*cough*Galielo*cough*

Ech. Sorry. Chest cold.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas