Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tadpole Jackson
psychic stalker
The20
Tadpole Jackson
The20
Tadpole Jackson
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Who's that?

are you kidding?
No. I think it might be Kim Dotcom, but i'm not sure.
No, that's George Zimmerman, the guy that shot Trayvon Martin in self defense

Fixed that for you.
If the ED is any indication this will cause an uproar ...

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
I feel that the "stand your ground" laws are abused worse than a Romanian/Mexican sex slave. It seems to have so many loopholes and it's so easy to go "I felt threatened" and get away with shooting and killing someone. Humans and their capacity to bullshit are well documented.

Benevolent Borg

14,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
just imagine. one day you can murder someone for a post online that you found threatening and get away with it.

but if you're willing to travel crosscountry/international to kill someone for something they posted then i'm sure*cough* that it was totally worth it.
Lanackse-Kanvae
I feel that the "stand your ground" laws are abused worse than a Romanian/Mexican sex slave. It seems to have so many loopholes and it's so easy to go "I felt threatened" and get away with shooting and killing someone. Humans and their capacity to bullshit are well documented.

'stand your ground' didn't apply in this case, as the court had ruled.

the zim zam was getting the s**t beaten out of him before he pulled the trigger. the shot was point blank, and the gun did not eject the round because the action had no room to move.

This is conducive to a shot fired during a struggle, not an assassination from range.
Shade7510
just imagine. one day you can murder someone for a post online that you found threatening and get away with it.

but if you're willing to travel crosscountry/international to kill someone for something they posted then i'm sure*cough* that it was totally worth it.

well considering that these laws have existed since the founding of the country, and nobody has ever yet gotten away with killing somebody over a petty squabble, i think we're fine.
Tadpole Jackson
Shade7510

well considering that these laws have existed since the founding of the country, and nobody has ever yet gotten away with killing somebody over a petty squabble, i think we're fine.
.... Right. Every member of the KKK ever went to prison, every brutal slaying of Native Americans resulted in a conviction, no New York or Chicago mobster ever got away with contract hits, Brooklyn in the 30's was a clean and upstanding crime-free town, the Prohibition cleaned up violence completely, and modern-day drug lords and gangs are all behind bars. Sure.

*cough*bullshit*cough*
psychic stalker
Tadpole Jackson
Shade7510

.... Right. Every member of the KKK ever went to prison, every brutal slaying of Native Americans resulted in a conviction, no New York or Chicago mobster ever got away with contract hits, Brooklyn in the 30's was a clean and upstanding crime-free town, the Prohibition cleaned up violence completely, and modern-day drug lords and gangs are all behind bars. Sure.

*cough*bullshit*cough*

Oh, and "stand your ground" laws are why they walked?

EDIT: pay attention to the context of the argument and pull your head out of your a**.

Nobody used stand your ground laws in order to seek out and murder somebody for slighting them. There is no an epidemic of this, there is no slippery slope.

Benevolent Borg

14,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
psychic stalker

*cough*bullshit*cough*

you still got that chest cold? might want to get that checked out. the sarcasticflu is pretty deadly you know.

Dapper Gaian

1,225 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
I am almost certain nobody will agree with me, but is it my imagination or are desktop cases becoming boring? I like a classy case, but some of these things give OEMs a run for their money.
WWLink
I am almost certain nobody will agree with me, but is it my imagination or are desktop cases becoming boring? I like a classy case, but some of these things give OEMs a run for their money.
No, you're just growing up and realizing that they were never exciting to begin with.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
I wonder if there's a way to actually paint my own design onto one..... so tempting to experiment but not with my rig, maybe with a cheap blank case.

Of course if someone has a metal case, there's always the metal scorching method..... but that would take some practice to get confident with it and I'm anally retentive.
Lanackse-Kanvae
I wonder if there's a way to actually paint my own design onto one..... so tempting to experiment but not with my rig, maybe with a cheap blank case.

Of course if someone has a metal case, there's always the metal scorching method..... but that would take some practice to get confident with it and I'm anally retentive.
What's stopping you from getting some paint and simply putting it on the case?
Lanackse-Kanvae
Acrylic model laquer. Ok, go.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
psychic stalker
Lanackse-Kanvae

Now to find an art store that hasn't fallen to the evils of the recession...... that and learn how to suck less at art xp

AutumnWolfgirl's Husband

Friendly Phantom

Lanackse-Kanvae
psychic stalker
Lanackse-Kanvae

Now to find an art store that hasn't fallen to the evils of the recession...... that and learn how to suck less at art xp

Meh, just practice. I used to draw on my computers and desks all the time with Sharpie. If I ran out of room or just wanted a clean slate, I'd just clean it off. You could do this and then when you have a design you like well enough in Sharpie, go over it with the paint(all necessary prep taken care of, naturally).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff