• Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Lady Niniane
ninja

. . . . .

heart heart heart

Long time no see.

@Rgoodermote: Which account? I have 4 of them.

Edit: Please stop the Black Mirror captchas, they are really freaking me out.

Original Gaian

Lady Niniane
ninja

. . . . .

heart heart heart
Always good to have a friendly face nearby :D

Dapper Gaian

1,225 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
Did anyone notice the oldschool Gaia banner? I like it biggrin

*Gives everyone cookies too*

I'm beginning to want to regular here again, I mean Gaia is one of the few web forums I know of where the owner actually tried to make the site something special. Most just throw up vbulletin, add a different menu and possibly change the gradient, and call it a day.

When those sites put ads up they might as well be spitting in your face for adding value to their site. sad

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
WWLink

*Gives everyone cookies too*

I'm beginning to want to regular here again, I mean Gaia is one of the few web forums I know of where the owner actually tried to make the site something special. Most just throw up vbulletin, add a different menu and possibly change the gradient, and call it a day.

When those sites put ads up they might as well be spitting in your face for adding value to their site. sad
That's probably the only reason I've stayed, since I rarely venture outside the forums.
WWLink
This ******** hamster! It is blinking! And moving! And occasionally ... wearing ... a hat?
It's hauting me! AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
So I"m aparently the only guy who hasn't watched or read LoTR.
So I pop in the first movie, and somehow the person I live with finds enough paper to run the shredder non stop for 90 mins.

I have no idea what the hell is going on in the movie now, I"m up to the part where they find the broken sword.
edit: two hours in, completely missed 90% of the movie so I just shut it off.
Never read the novels or seen the movies. No intention of doing so either

Everyday Cat

Disconsented

Glad I'm not the only one. My dad and brother are into it, but I just don't get it... The fate of the world depends on a golden ring? Lolwut?
Scriptkitten
Disconsented

Glad I'm not the only one. My dad and brother are into it, but I just don't get it... The fate of the world depends on a golden ring? Lolwut?
Just gotta wait for the war over cercy the resume. Should really read those books.

Dangerous Trader

The20
WWLink
This ******** hamster! It is blinking! And moving! And occasionally ... wearing ... a hat?

I suspect Sisky has to do with it razz

Scriptkitten
Disconsented

I'm disappointed in you both, next you're going to tell me you never read Ender's Game.
Scriptkitten
Disconsented

The fate of the world depends on the ability of a demigod to exert his influence on the lands of Men, for which rings of Power are used as conduits for his power and influence. And the One Ring, forged for his own hand, binds them all to his power.

The ring is a symbol and a tool. And its continued existence allows the demigod Sauron to continue to exist in the mortal plane. Its destruction breaks his power and ultimately banishes him from the physical plane.

The story is a very complex one. It's what we call an Epic. An Epic Fantasy. The Epic Fantasy. It's also the ideological and philosophical basis for almost all mediaeval fantasy fiction that includes Elves and Dwarves, among other races. That includes everything from Warcraft to Dungeons and Dragons. The single most influential work of fantasy fiction in modern literature.

It's actually a very good one, which has something for every fan of fiction, even for those of us with an interest in linguistics.

(And it's fascinating just in historical context. J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis were contemporaries - they even knew each other, apparently. There's a rumor that Lord of the Rings and the Chronicles of Narnia were both written in a competition to create the better Christian allegory. And LotR took influences from dozens of real languages and cultures in Europe to fashion the rich cultures, histories, and languages that underpin all of the people in the story.)

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
Ryuke Dragon
The20
WWLink

I suspect Sisky has to do with it razz

Scriptkitten
Disconsented

I'm disappointed in you both, next you're going to tell me you never read Ender's Game.
I actually have not, personally.

I read manuals and what I'm told to in my various English classes, and that's the extent of my literary adventures.

Dangerous Trader

Sonic Offline
that's the extent of my literary adventures.

Scriptkitten
I've never even heard of that one ^^;

Ouch. What are they teaching kids in schools these days, etc.

Edit: Why post a new iteration when you can edit an old one.

Everyday Cat

Ryuke Dragon

I've never even heard of that one ^^;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces