Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
Ryuke Dragon
Sonic Offline
So. I just bought an iPad. The overall user experience is a major improvement from my galaxy tab.

The ipad was why I didn't buy the galaxy tab, I wanted so much for it to be a good product but it just didn't have the usability.

Sonic Offline
ololololol only had it a few hours and it's already jailbroken.

SBsettings ftw.
pretty much. All I'm missing is a Dvorak keyboard.

-[edit]-

And fixed.

Original Gaian

Ryuke Dragon

Sonic Offline
ololololol only had it a few hours and it's already jailbroken.

SBsettings ftw.
SBSettings is what made me enjoy Android over iOS in the first place.

In other news, I remembered to check my EOL phone for updates and threw Jellybean on it, and damn does actions-from-notification shade just kick a**.

I just need to remember to do this more often. /:
I want an ipad, but nobody wants to sell a 3g one. even first gen. I want the 3g one because GPS capability.

AutumnWolfgirl's Husband

Friendly Phantom

Would anyone know anything about running Google Chrome on multiple instances(same user, different clients) on Windows Server 2003?

We've got an NComputing thin client setup in the library, but Internet Explorer has for some reason started gobbling up resources like mad. We get more than one instance running and it suddenly takes up 100% CPU on both Xeons in the server. We were hoping to remedy this temporarily by just using Chrome, but it won't run more on more than one instance logged into the server.

Eventually this setup will be upgraded to Server 2008(which is set up in a similar manner at another school and not suffering this issue)...but since that will take the better part of a day we are reluctant to do it while school is in session.

Aside from trying to figure out Chrome other options we have thrown around is just having the students log on to their own accounts with some client specific policy that has their log on emulate the library log on. The other one I threw out was creating new library log ons for each client...

Dangerous Trader

Yuki the Third
I want an ipad, but nobody wants to sell a 3g one. even first gen. I want the 3g one because GPS capability.

The one I have has 3g, but I always have that function turned off. Once I found out my phone plan didn't support the ipad and putting my simm card in didn't allow me to use the data portion of my plan I turned it off.
Wasn't there a "general PC speedup/maintenance thread" somewhere?
Edit: Nevermind, found it.
How the hell does giving minecraft/tekkit lite 2GB of RAM improve performance/stability when it uses roughly 300MB????
4am, cat starts to headbutt my face mid-sleep, so I let him under the covers. Strange how they manage to be both cute and a pain in the a** at the same time.

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
Disconsented
How the hell does giving minecraft/tekkit lite 2GB of RAM improve performance/stability when it uses roughly 300MB????
Vanilla shouldn't need more than 512mb. In fact I force mine to only use that and I have yet to have any problems.
Sonic Offline
Disconsented
Vanilla shouldn't need more than 512mb. In fact I force mine to only use that and I have yet to have any problems.
I know but adding RAM really does work somehow but apparently drooping it down to 500Mb helps as well.

Original Gaian

Disconsented
Sonic Offline
Disconsented
I know but adding RAM really does work somehow but apparently drooping it down to 500Mb helps as well.
I was told it had something to do with Java's garbage collection methods.
Gabriel Faust
Disconsented
Sonic Offline
Disconsented
I was told it had something to do with Java's garbage collection methods.

Well 512MB gave me around a 30% performance boost over 2GB. I am now even more confused. Got any ideas on what to search so I can attempt to clarify this?

Original Gaian

Disconsented
Well 512MB gave me around a 30% performance boost over 2GB. I am now even more confused. Got any ideas on what to search so I can attempt to clarify this?
I would compare the results from minecraft's debug menu and see if that helps clarify if/when you reach a "sweet spot".
I wouldn't know much about RAM allocation for minecraft, sadly.
Gabriel Faust
Disconsented
I would compare the results from minecraft's debug menu and see if that helps clarify if/when you reach a "sweet spot".
I wouldn't know much about RAM allocation for minecraft, sadly.

Thanks for that smile
512MB isn't enough RAM (out of memory error), so I will just stick with the 2GB for now (might retest with 1.5).

Everyday Cat

Ugh! Anyone else having issues with msn and Skype? I was booted from msn this morning and now it insists everyone is offline (which I KNOW isn't true) and Skype won't let me log in. Tried a password reset and it lets me get as far as entering/confirming a new password, but it won't accept it and wants me to contact customer support... I'm so ronrey T///T

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff