Welcome to Gaia! ::

Scriptkitten
Nyaaaaa... Am I the only one who thinks "help me build/pick out my new PC" threads are posted too much lately?

I am more worried about people who don't read the thread before posting :/
Edit: Can anyone recommend any good mecha artists? I am looking to get some 1080 work of the the Mobile Suit Tallgeese.
Scriptkitten
Nyaaaaa... Am I the only one who thinks "help me build/pick out my new PC" threads are posted too much lately?

it is a seasonal thing
it is a bit later the usually for them to peek, but close to the seasonal peak anyway.

Liberal Nerd

Scriptkitten

The number of threads I'm seeing seems to be less than what I was seeing last year. In general though I've always wondered whether we should have a sticky or if some one should make a thread dedicated to the subject. Course the OP would just be "Whatever the hell works for your needs."
Rgoodermote
Scriptkitten

The number of threads I'm seeing seems to be less than what I was seeing last year. In general though I've always wondered whether we should have a sticky or if some one should make a thread dedicated to the subject. Course the OP would just be "Whatever the hell works for your needs."
I'm going to redo the virus/spyware stickies and may also toss together a "common topics" thread...wix profiles, can I run such and such game.... my stolen software says it's stolen software how do I fix it.....etc
Yuki the Third
Rgoodermote
Scriptkitten

I'm going to redo the virus/spyware stickies and may also toss together a "common topics" thread...wix profiles, can I run such and such game.... my stolen software says it's stolen software how do I fix it.....etc
Including a "how to Google" guide might be a good idea.

Dapper Gaian

1,225 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
I love your sigs mrgreen Hrmm.. what to say? I got a note 2 and a haircut. Now my sexy long hair is gone, for now. I think I'll let it grow back.

Anyone see the "File:///" glitch in mountain lion? XD
WWLink
I love your sigs mrgreen Hrmm.. what to say? I got a note 2 and a haircut. Now my sexy long hair is gone, for now. I think I'll let it grow back.

i am surprised you are still alive.

Dapper Gaian

1,225 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
Ah but of course I do! My interests drift from time to time, so yea.

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
WWLink

I'll have to check that out next time I open my macbook.

-[edit]-
I'm also gonna have to ask for more details. In chrome it's rather interesting results, but in Safari it's rather boring, well-handled workarounds to preventing that result.

Original Gaian

Helped family set up their two new LG Optimus phones.
Softlock the camera.

Goddamit.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
I like the "help me pick a PC" threads as it means less work for me. Hardware is not my forte but I can at least set the groundwork if they haven't mentioned budget and what they'll be using it for.

Dapper Gaian

1,225 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
I like the "help me build a PC" threads as they suggest there's still quite a future in that niche. biggrin I love self-built rigs and would be disappointed if they went the way of the dodo bird.

Same with the "help me pick a PC" threads. There's too much "the iPad will replace everything ever!" type of crap going around the internet.
WWLink
I like the "help me build a PC" threads as they suggest there's still quite a future in that niche. biggrin I love self-built rigs and would be disappointed if they went the way of the dodo bird.

Same with the "help me pick a PC" threads. There's too much "the iPad will replace everything ever!" type of crap going around the internet.

If we still have landlines and ocean liners, then we will continue to have custom builds.

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
Starting the day pissed off is the healthy alternative to the norm!

God Emperor Akhenaton
WWLink

If we still have landlines and ocean liners, then we will continue to have custom builds.
because those are totally related and all...
Sonic Offline
Starting the day pissed off is the healthy alternative to the norm!

God Emperor Akhenaton
WWLink

because those are totally related and all...

Well it's evidence that things just don't become obsolete. Why have a land line when there are cellular phones? Why sail across the Atlantic for 8 days when you can fly for 6 hours? Because things do not go obsolete. They still make swords, they still make model airplanes and they still make typewriters. The custom build is going nowhere because there is still an interest in it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff