Welcome to Gaia! ::

Well that was nice. A storage unit I bought for $11 earlier this week (~$30-35 by the time lost pay and fuel is counted up) will net me $95 profit or so. Sold the ti84+ silver edtion for 86 and am about to sell the furniture for 50.
birdman3131
Well that was nice. A storage unit I bought for $11 earlier this week (~$30-35 by the time lost pay and fuel is counted up) will net me $95 profit or so. Sold the ti84+ silver edtion for 86 and am about to sell the furniture for 50.

Should I expect to see you on the next episode of Storage Wars?
U-235
birdman3131

Should I expect to see you on the next episode of Storage Wars?
Nah. Too much of a social dynamic there. They play it up for tv and I don't care for that style.

Plus they have crazy prices for some things. It is probably that it is vegas but I tend to see half the stuff they mention prices on for way less out here.

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
widdly widdly waah

*guitar solo*
******** sleep. I must not need it because even though I am exhausted I cannot get to sleep and I have to get up for work in 2 hours.

Man-Hungry Prophet

8,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Apparently, mentioning that I have a sister that likes to play Fantage is too revealing therefore, I should be thrown in jail for giving out her identity or sentenced to death for this humiliation.

Never though psychosis could strike in adolescents.
Trying to run Opera on this computer is like trying to pull a 40 metric ton truck with a VW beetle. You get the feeling it would be easier to unload the cargo and move it per hand ...
Hi all, long time no see. I'm an IT guy now, not a retail slave! Huzzah!

On an entirely unrelated note, though - my nephew (turning 15 this week) has expressed an interest in learning how to make a basic website on which to sell Minecraft-related things (his Dad told me about it, and clearly didn't really understand what he wanted to sell), so I want to get him a book to teach him HTML/CSS and anything else he'll need (on a very basic level - what's a simple shopfront written in? And would he even need to write it himself? I assume there are plenty of content management systems that would be able to do the job, right?). Can anyone recommend something? I've only ever used the internets for it, and it hasn't really done me a lot of good.

On a more personal note - I'm writing a book, which I intend to publish by Christmas. Huzzah for stupidly long sci-fi romps.
CSquared

On a more personal note - I'm writing a book, which I intend to publish by Christmas. Huzzah for stupidly long sci-fi romps.
Cool. You have anything out there already?

Let me know when it comes out. Ill probably buy it. I tend to read scifi (or fantasy)
birdman3131
CSquared

Cool. You have anything out there already?

Let me know when it comes out. Ill probably buy it. I tend to read scifi (or fantasy)

Nothing I'm willing to admit to, no.

Will do - I'm putting it out on the Kindle store, then if it does well, I'll poke a publisher and see what I can do.

Shameless Enabler

Good luck with your book, man! I ran out of steam 36000 words in on my last attempt. sad
nouveau sereph
Good luck with your book, man! I ran out of steam 36000 words in on my last attempt. sad

Thanks - I'm 83000 in so far, and I have hit something of a block, but it's mostly because I haven't quite worked out where I'm going with the story threads I'm currently working on. There are multiple groups of characters, and I only have a detailed plan for two out of about six. Hurray.

Shameless Enabler

CSquared
nouveau sereph

Thanks - I'm 83000 in so far, and I have hit something of a block, but it's mostly because I haven't quite worked out where I'm going with the story threads I'm currently working on. There are multiple groups of characters, and I only have a detailed plan for two out of about six. Hurray.
Thats what happened to me sort of. I was detoxing from a few substances and went in completely without a plan just for something to do, and it went from a story about a interplanetary courier with a shady past to an unmanageable epic about nanobot induced immortality and corporate warfare. I tried again with a plan in mind but working with plans kills my ability to actually write well so it got shelved.

Shameless Enabler

Things I learned today: Apple saw fit to remove web sharing from OSX Mountain Lion, to (apparently) force developers hands to buy OSX Server.

Things I did today: Said ******** you to that joke and reloaded my old httpd.conf file (which they'd at least backed up) and kept on going with my life.
CSquared
nouveau sereph

Redshirts?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces