Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm not going to finish this in time. Gona scrap Mondays lectures and hope the additional 8 hours will be enough ...

(Yes, i know, if i already don't have time what the ******** am i doing posting on Gaia? Well, i need a break once in a while.)
The20
Cant sleep anymore. Wake up after 6 hours. Not good.

In unrelated news, why do we even have summer and winter time? All this does give everybody a hard time to adjust, even the "energy saving" bullshit straw man that is always presented is questionable at best.

if my memory serves me right, the German took the US Idea, and put in to practice back around world war I, to save on coal.

edit: video

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
******** hell I've spent the better part of 3 hours trying to get this s**t to work the way I want it. It's just deciding to be a little butthole and play the sound in an extra spot unless I do the reset FIRST before the user clicks the OK button to do this.

My mood is not good.

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
[******** hell I've spent the better part of 3 hours trying to get this s**t to work the way I want it. It's just deciding to be a little butthole and play the sound in an extra spot unless I do the reset FIRST before the user clicks the OK button to do this.

My mood is not good.Unless what you're doing is confidential I see no reason why you can't post here and let someone try to help.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Sonic ******** hell I've spent the better part of 3 hours trying to get this s**t to work the way I want it. It's just deciding to be a little butthole and play the sound in an extra spot unless I do the reset FIRST before the user clicks the OK button to do this.

My mood is not good.[/quote]Unless what you're doing is confidential I see no reason why you can't post here and let someone try to
s0dcfy4x:0="Sonic ******** hell I've spent the better part of 3 hours trying to get this s**t to work the way I want it. It's just deciding to be a little butthole and play the sound in an extra spot unless I do the reset FIRST before the user clicks the OK button to do this.

My mood is not good.[/quote]Unless what you're doing is confidential I see no reason why you can't post here and let someone try to help.

It's Sense, which is based off Scratch. Because of it's rather unusual nature, I'm not so sure if anyone knows it. Second, it's for my assignment and I'm aware of the "we won't do your homework" rule. Thirdly, I do have it working somewhat so I will get some marks for it and I'm firmly in the realms of comfortably passing.
I'm firmly in the realms of AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
On the plus side this'll end on Tuesday, 11:00 UTC+1. One way or the other.

(I'm already using over sized, all caps AND bold text? Where will this end ...)

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
You know what? I forgot about my sandboxing method..... sweatdrop I'll try that tomorrow see if I can get anywhere.
Only got 77 slides so far. If everything goes as it always does i'll end up stammering a bit pointless stuff and basically reading all slides out, which means i'll be at 10 seconds (give or take) per slide. That means 6 slides per minute and ~13 minutes with 77 slides. Adding 3 or 4 minutes that i'll need to present my program i'm still 3 to 4 minutes short of the 20 i have to talk ...

Edit: On a related note, can i make Open Office show a presentation on a second screen that i can control and see on my main screen while i see additional stuff that is not shown on the second screen?

Shameless Dabbler

The20
Only got 77 slides so far. If everything goes as it always does i'll end up stammering a bit pointless stuff and basically reading all slides out, which means i'll be at 10 seconds (give or take) per slide. That means 6 slides per minute and ~13 minutes with 77 slides. Adding 3 or 4 minutes that i'll need to present my program i'm still 3 to 4 minutes short of the 20 i have to talk ...

Edit: On a related note, can i make Open Office show a presentation on a second screen that i can control and see on my main screen while i see additional stuff that is not shown on the second screen?
Not sure if Open Office has it, but Libre Office does. Check in the slide show options or settings. It may be called presenter view or something.
Final Fantasy Bandit
The20

Not sure if Open Office has it, but Libre Office does. Check in the slide show options or settings. It may be called presenter view or something.
I found an option that reads "Presentation monitor" in Open Office, but i cannot try it right now because i only have one monitor. Could that be it?

Edit: I'll use a virtual machine with two virtual monitors to check this out. Brb.

Edit 2: the secondary monitor doesn't seem to work right. I'll install Open Office anyways and see what happens.

Edit 3: works now.

Edit 4: And now it doesn't. FFS, what is this?!

Edit 5: Ok, this time it really seems to work. Installing OpenOffice now ...

Edit 6: And it takes forever ... "Time is a luxury that i cannot afford." (Who knows the movie?)

Edit 7: Ok, that's not what i had in mind. I'l try Libre Office and see if that does what i want.

Edit 8: It is at 100% but it doesn't finish? What is this?!

Edit 9: Ok, LibreOffice has a functionality that looks like it could do what i want, but it horribly glitched when i tried it (the presentation on the second monitor looked like it was stretched from 16:9 to 4:3 and after tinkering with it a bit it didn't change the slides anymore.)

Edit 10: Just did a test reading of the thing, using mode: nervous. Took me 25 minutes to get trough a quarter of the thing. I expected to get trough the entire thing in 15 minutes. I'm about to panic, if you'll excuse me ...

Edit 11: Removed half of the content. 50 slides remaining. Still too many ...

Edit 12: Ah ******** it, 20 minutes for 29 slides and i still have 14 more. Just how short are 20 minutes?!

Edit 13: Avast is starting to annoy me. The paranoid little ******** wants to open everything in the sandbox lately ...

Edit 14: Once more unto the breach, dear friends ...

Edit 15: And now i needed only 9 Minutes for 26 slides?! Oh for ******** sake, this is going to end in a ******** disaster ...

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
I just learnt that cats can chatter their jaws. Lily did it when hunting this fly that managed to get into the house.

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
Someone from bellingham or mt. vernon just tried co call me.

o.o
Sonic Offline

o.o
Wasn't me. I don't think I even remembered to put your number on my new phone.

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
psychic stalker
Sonic Offline

o.o
Wasn't me. I don't think I even remembered to put your number on my new phone.
Was either Yuki or my friend who moved up there. His cell# is a 281 number, but he might have gotten a land line.
@sonic: researched it, port angles number. Bit south.

It's something about a time share or a cruse.

And I just got half-page reamed by a mod for having a 501x501 sig.
Yeah.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces