Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Autobiographer

8,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150

She also made another thread, the exact same thing. Which is another reason why you will get your a** kicked in the WF: If you don't like the answer in one thread, copy/paste and recreate it in hopes that the same question will yeild more a**-kissing answer the second time.

Honestly, that annoys me.

Oh, and you guys were fun to read.

Learned Gaian

5,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Cart Raider 100
Fireweed_honey

She also made another thread, the exact same thing. Which is another reason why you will get your a** kicked in the WF: If you don't like the answer in one thread, copy/paste and recreate it in hopes that the same question will yeild more a**-kissing answer the second time.

I love how they turn into tantrum machines set on eleven when you point this out in their second thread. It's amazing.

Did she post the second thread in the WF?

Blessed Autobiographer

8,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
I am The Compendium
Fireweed_honey

I love how they turn into tantrum machines set on eleven when you point this out in their second thread. It's amazing.

Did she post the second thread in the WF?

Technically. It's right under her original thread now located in the OS/P section. Not sure if it fully counts as WF a**-kicking time, but the whole idea of "I didn't get the answer I wanted so, instead of listening to what people are saying, I'm going to do the same thing all over again." Isn't that the definitian of madness? Doing the same thing over and over again in hopes of a different result?

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Fireweed_honey
Doing the same thing over and over again in hopes of a different result?

That or a toddler (I'm going to do this until Mommy breaks down and lets me do it).

Blessed Autobiographer

8,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
I_Write_Ivre
Fireweed_honey

That or a toddler (I'm going to do this until Mommy breaks down and lets me do it).

Logically, all toddlers are mad.
Fireweed_honey
I_Write_Ivre
Fireweed_honey

And most huskies (very defiant dogs, even if you're watching).

EDIT: If you look at her posts, she has a thread titled 'closed due to dumbness'. I think it was hers and she didn't realize it yet.

Blessed Autobiographer

8,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
Moral Gutpunch
Fireweed_honey
I_Write_Ivre
Fireweed_honey

And most huskies (very defiant dogs, even if you're watching).

EDIT: If you look at her posts, she has a thread titled 'closed due to dumbness'. I think it was hers and she didn't realize it yet.

That must have just happened. I was writing my reply and it was still merely "deleted".
Fireweed_honey

That must have just happened. I was writing my reply and it was still merely "deleted".

The thread or the post?

Blessed Autobiographer

8,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
The Phoenix Rises Again
Fireweed_honey

The thread or the post?

The thread.
Fireweed_honey
The Phoenix Rises Again
Fireweed_honey

The thread or the post?

The thread.

That explains why I couldn't find it. Then again, one thread full of stupidity is more than enough.

Romantic Prophet

9,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Forum Regular 100
Nematri
However, upon hearing this advice, a lot of young writers think "hmm, give my bad guy a redeeming quality...I know...let's make him HAWT!" so they end up with an antagonist whose sole redeeming quality/humanity consists in...physical appearance. gonk "He's evil...but he's omg smexy! So we don't have to notice that he's evil!!!" ...erm...NO.

The only person in real life that this worked for is Ted Bundy, and we all know how that worked out for him.
Nematri
However, upon hearing this advice, a lot of young writers think "hmm, give my bad guy a redeeming quality...I know...let's make him HAWT!" so they end up with an antagonist whose sole redeeming quality/humanity consists in...physical appearance. gonk "He's evil...but he's omg smexy! So we don't have to notice that he's evil!!!" ...erm...NO.

Who thinks like that?

Blessed Autobiographer

8,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
Victorias Doll
Nematri

The only person in real life that this worked for is Ted Bundy, and we all know how that worked out for him.

I choked on my popcorn.
This was the awesomest thing ever:

I'm taking an online class every Tuesday morning. We've moved on from copyediting to line editing (working on flow and clarity). Previously that week two people used the 'the reader is too dumb' excuse. I mentioned this in my class and my teacher--a professional editor and teacher for decades--responds with 'WHO SAYS READERS ARE STUPID??'.

It made me happy.

Questionable Codger

8,600 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Timid 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Edit so I don't double-post: Perhaps it's sleep deprivation, but for some reason, I really want this thread to die. Forum games in the WF just really annoy me. Especially the "let's write a story by getting loads of people to each write a sentence, because that's AWESOME story telling" forum games.

Nematri

I knew I was putting too much thought into my antagonists! razz

On a serious note, does this really still happen? It makes me want to bang my head up against a wall. I haven't taken English since I was fifteen (I'm British, I didn't drop out or anything XD) and even then English was full of inane lessons on the usage of their, there and they're (seriously, even in my final year of high school the teachers hadn't realised that we'd all been able to tell the difference since year 3 *facepalm*). Despite this, even I know that attractiveness is not a redeeming quality.

Much like how clumsiness is not a flaw. Especially informed clumsiness.

It really makes you worry for humanity...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff