Welcome to Gaia! ::

*The second they're out of the car, his demeanour changes. For a few minutes, he's no longer Holmes the consulting detective, he's Holmes the very obviously insane. Up until they're in the clear that is.*

If John was here, he'd make me apologize for a few of the comments I threw your way, so... I do apologize. *Just so John won't chastise him about it over the comms. Knows he would, that's just who the doctor is.*

*Will straighten his coat and remove his scarf. It's too warm for either, but like hell if he's going to take his coat off here, there's nowhere to put it.*

I'll text you. *Ducks off toward the left, like a bloodhound let off it's leash during a chase.*

Fashionable Explorer

Consulting Sociopath

If John was here, he'd make me apologize for a few of the comments I threw your way, so... I do apologize. *Just so John won't chastise him about it over the comms. Knows he would, that's just who the doctor is.*

*You were fine until "big-chinned oaf". It's a handsome chin, he'll have you know.* emo

*Nods at Sherlock as they part ways, dashing down the corridor feeling the anxious weight of his Webly in the outline of his coat. Jack's first priority is to find this "control group" Sherlock spoke of, the receiver he'll leave up to the detective. Of course the problem with an asylum is it could be anyone and everyone but he's guessing that this place is mostly legit there's just...something else going on that the others aren't aware of.*

*Makes his way around for awhile bluffing that he's doing some sort of inspection (tad shred of psychic paper never hurt either!) but after a while he starts to get frustrated, that is until he spies an employee entering a basement door. Of course if you want to look for incriminating evidence you ought to look in the basement.*

*Once the employee is out of site Jack rushes to the spot but the door doesn't appear to be there anymore. Damn. Perception filter. Shoving his hands in his pocket he sighs. He's going to have to do this the hard way isn't he?*
*While Jack is headed downwards, Sherlock is headed up. It makes sense that whatever's broadcasting and receiving the signals from those chips would be... oh, up on the roof? The security's a bit tighter after he goes up a floor, so he skips to the next. Tighter still, so he's more than likely headed in the right direction.*

*And of course once he's on the roof, there's the antenna. That confirms that the building's housing the broadcasting equipment, so he heads back down a floor and sends a quick text.*

Found the antenna. Going for the receiver, probably on the next floor down. -SH

*Easiest way to break for the receiver? Blend in. The security uniforms are fairly standard, dark slacks, shoes, the only thing he really needs are the shirt, tie, and hat. So pulling an act straight out of a movie... he knocks out a guard, swipes part of his uniform, and sticks him in a closet. Tucking his hair under the cap, he presses on.*

Fashionable Explorer

(( I loled so hard when I saw his avi dressed up <333 ))

*Interesting, usually it's Jack up on the roof. Oh well, supposes he doesn't mind being on the bottom from time to time wink Reaches into his coat and picks out the phone smiling to himself. Looks between the phone and his Webly.*

Hurry up. -JH

*Tucks the phone away and takes aim. One. Two. Shots and what do you know the sudden crack in glass wipes away the perception filter. Problem solved and probably a lot more created Jack darts down the steps. It doesn't take long for this place to suddenly change its colours. He discovers several labs with some obvious alien tech. Chips, and scanners, and computers loaded with data it really was like they were collecting information on the them like animals but Jack doesn't find any more time to question why because he discovers the rest of the experiment.*

*Lined against the wall are dozens of humans frozen solid like the heart John Watson discovered in their victim. It looks like a cryogenic freezer, something like Torchwood's own, and if that's the case Jack might be able to shut it down. Before he does, sends one last quick text.*

No really. Hurry up. -JH

*Rushing to the set of computer's he works furiously trying to figure out how to shut it down until there's a set of angry voices. Looking up and realizing he should have taken better precautions Jack finds their culprits all pointing devices at his head.*

*Really doesn't have the time to die and come back, they need to save these people now.* Heh. Hi boys. Hope you don't mind me playing in your sandbox...

*Could us a distraction right about. now.*
(( No regrets, I have this on repeat right now. ))

*Scoffs as he puts his phone away. Hurrying? He's never going to get the data if he hurries. So, a slight distraction. Hopefully, hopefully the sprinkler system is isolated room by room. He almost gallops into a room, hops up on a desk, flips his lighter out of his pocket, and sets off the fire alarm. A fire reported this close to the main computer? Oh, you can bet that it'll divide attentions neatly. He'll need something bigger to draw them away from Jack.*

*Once he's found the main computer room, he works as quickly as his brain and hands can work together. The decoding method is completely alien to him, but there must be a pattern somewhere... there. He'll pass the transmitting and receiving permissions over to Torchwood's main computer, burying the action as far as he can get it to go with that little time. He'll send a quick text to both Jack and John explaining what he's done.*

Chip control handed over to Torchwood computer. Can figure out how to shut them down safely later. -SH

*Of course, John will relay that bit of info to Ianto, but that's... probably not needed. The information probably came up on screen as soon as he handed permission over. Now, for the finale. Large buildings like this have intercoms. And naturally, the main computer room is patched in. So he uses it. Sorry Captain Crieff, but you're going to get imitated for a moment or two. Or at least, that's what it sounds like.*

Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, those of you who haven't vacated the building because of the fire alarm should probably do so now, because... dear me, it looks like the main computer is about to explode. Now who could have done that? You all have two minutes to get to a safe distance, ta!

*Longer than two minutes actually, but who's going to call his bluff? Naturally, he seals the door in order to finish his original task and then set the thing up to knock everything down to the ground. That enough of a distraction for you, Captain?*

Dapper Humorist

*Has been worried about Jack and their infiltration ever since he could tell over the coms that something was wrong. Is pleased to see these two work together so well as Sherlock patches through that last bit of info. Unfortunately is no tech wizard, there's really no one to replace Tosh's role in that regard, but can still help.*

Isolating chip control and saving it to our mainframe.

Oh and, Jack, if you can hear me, police are on their way. I've informed them of a rather nasty explosion. You've...got a few minutes before that happens.

Fashionable Explorer

(( I could def see that song playing in Sherlock xD ))

*Grabs the nearest gun at his head and jams his elbow into their face. Will thank you later Sherlock, he promises. After a quick shuffle he diffuses the situation downstairs quickly unfreezing the victims in their standing fridge prison.*

*Smirks at Ianto's warning the same time Sherlock's voice comes in over the intercom.* Yeah I gotcha. It's humans Ianto, just humans with toys more than they know how to use, experimenting on themselves. Do me a favour and get these bastards arrested for me?

*No more time to talk though. Will grab some help from upstairs, a few very confused asylum workers who honestly had no idea what was going on, but thank god for human kindness they understand the situation and help the slowly un-freezing victims outside.*

C'mon, move, move! *Grabs one himself, slinging another over his shoulder, the last to leave as the fire alarms ring emptily in his shell shocked head.*

Dapper Humorist

*Smirks, relieved that Jack is alright.*

Of course sir, there's been anonymous tip into some severe ethics violation with corresponding evidence being sent several journalists...now. Should make a juicy story.
*Two minutes pass. Then three. Three turns into four and all of the workers are outside the building, including the one that was unceremoniously stuffed into a closet. It seems there's only one person left inside the building as a massive explosion completely destroys the foundation and the ages-old brick crumbles above it. Whatever was in that lab was very useful as a propellant. It went off without a hitch.*

*Well... okay, one hitch. It doesn't look like a certain consulting detective made it outside in time.*
*Nope. No no no no no. No. This can't be happening again. He's sort of standing off to one side behind Ianto, watching the computer screen and listening in.*

*Wait a second. No, it can't be happening, because wouldn't that alter his own timeline? As far as he knows, that Sherlock's from the past, not the same time as he is.*

... Jack, tell Sherlock he's an idiot for me as soon as you spot him? I don't think I've told him that enough times today.

Fashionable Explorer

*Shields himself and a few others as the sound and effects of the explosion rip through the Lancashire countryside. Looks up and blinks after it's over, immediately thinking of damage control: making sure the victims are taken care of, those bastards are arrested, and all of those odds and ends are taken care of.*

*Honestly, it takes several long minutes and John's comment to bring the issue to his attention. His brief smile after a lewd joke suddenly fades, he doesn't remind to John because the loyalty and the pain in his voice makes Jack ache.*

*s**t. s**t. s**t. Of all the brilliant people in the world you'd think Sherlock wouldn't get caught in his own explosion?!* Sherlock? Sherlock?! *Might be getting really worried right about, maybe, slightly, okay more than that...*

Shirtless Gawker

Captain, if there's one thing I don't do, it's make mistakes like that. *A slightly sooty security guard flips his hat off, and there he is, safe and sound.* I did say two minutes. It took me two to get the information I wanted, then two more to get out of there.

*John and the rest of the team will learn in time that he always has a way out. If any mortal man can avoid death in one way or another, it's Sherlock Holmes.* So, should we head back and get to freeing a few people from their headaches? I bet both of us could use a cup of tea after that.

*And off come the shades, and on goes the proper coat and scarf. Back to normal, then.*

Fashionable Explorer

*His expression falters for a moment but when he sees Sherlock standing there Jack grins from ear to ear.* Ha! *Scoops the skinny man up in his arms and plants a kiss on those high cheekbones of his in relief.*

You're brilliant! Did you know that? Absolutely brilliant. *Sets him back down with a smirk.* I was afraid Watson was going to find a way to kill me there for a second. *Nods in agreement with the rest of that. Job well done and hey no casualties this time. That's becoming a rare plus for Torchwood's reputation.*

Know any good hackers Mr. Holmes? *That's the thing about Tosh, she was sort of...irreplecable in that respect. Will lead the way back to Torchwood's car finding it fairly easy to slip away in all of the chaos.*

Dapper Humorist

*Equally relieved, shrugging his brows in mock amusement at Jack's reaction. Turns to Watson.* Usually it's Jack on roofs turning tricks. I think he's a tiny bit jealous.

*Still, Sherlock doesn't have to say tea twice, consider Ianto on the job with a nice hot brew of Earl Gray when they arrive.*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff