Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Humorist

Fixed Point In Time

But we could have just gotten her medical records.

*Has been here this whole time I swear.*

*Pulls something up on the computer.* Got it. Sherlock's right of course. *Scans through the files briefly glancing at the detective before continuing.* In and out of therapy for ten years, never with one doctor for too long, there's not much of a clue as to why, suggestions of childhood trauma...But she did have a history with a one Mr. Metzler back in her home town of Ramsbottom, Lancashire.

...And here's where it gets interesting. Mr. Metzler also worked at the local mental institution where Cindy was briefly submitted at the age of ten for "hallucinations of an extraterrestrial nature."

*Is...slightly concerned that Jack is trying to pair him with Sherlock but masks the feeling for now.*
(( ninja ))
*Gloves, mask, scalpel. And yes, he does manage to carefully spin the instrument around in his left hand slightly. It's not to show off or anything, just to get used to how it's balanced.* And can I get everyone to put on at least a surgical mask in case there is something nasty lurking in her torso? Thanks.

*And once everyone's set, balances the scalpel for a moment before making three quick incisions and peeling back the skin.
Hope you don't mind me adding some dramatics, if you're not sure about them I can re-write.* Oh. Well, that's weird. ... It's like her heart was flash frozen the moment after it stopped.

*Furrows his brow and attempts a small incision. Nope. Nope, it's not cutting.* Oh... kay?
Yes, but getting her medical records wouldn't have set off the chain reaction I just managed to trigger. In under twelve hours she'll be on the missing persons list, and sounding by the tone of that poor woman's voice I'd say we've got five until her peers become concerned.

*Tents his hands together and taps his lips with his index fingers twice before continuing, not losing a single beat.* Whoever implanted that chip knows she's dead, obviously, and since she isn't in a government morgue by now they'll be looking for her. And while it may be slightly reckless of me, and it may prove more challenging than catching our culprit off guard, it's effective. And still gives time to get through whatever interviews are needed.

Of course Captain. And I do promise I'll be more careful not to set off an interplanetary war. *Scary thing about those last two sentences? He sounds sincere about them.*

Shirtless Gawker

Son of Iarann Fuil
(( ninja ))

This is sort of a slow rp so feel free to jump in when/if you want whenevs >____>

*At least it wouldn't be so slow if I wasn't lazy. Derp.*

Fashionable Explorer

Will Always Believe
* Oh. Well, that's weird. ... It's like her heart was flash frozen the moment after it stopped.

*Furrows his brow and attempts a small incision. Nope. Nope, it's not cutting.* Oh... kay?

(( All the more drama the better <3 )) Preservation, you think? *Looks on at Watson's autopsy curiously, just as confused.* Anyway to get a sample?

If not remove the chip and run a full analysis. I'd like to know what did that. And who. stare

*Removes the gloves and ascends the medical steps, nodding at Sherlock's conclusions.* Everything seems to indicate they were treating this woman like a preserved specimen. You know my guess is Cindy loo saw who it was.

And that means we take a little trip to Lancashire. *Smirks.* Change of plans! Sherlock you're with me. Watson you keep at it, Ianto I want you on comms.

Dapper Humorist

Fixed Point In Time

And that means we take a little trip to Lancashire. *Smirks.*

The asylum? ._______.

*That just gave him the shudders, and is actually grateful for not being drug along. Nods faithfully at his position near the computers, turning his comm on. Will also be here in case Watson needs any assistance. Idly wonders though how much Sherlock and Jack are going to get along, there's hardly enough room in the Hub for both of their egos to begin with.*
Well, we can either let it thaw, or use a sharper blade and place it in cold storage on it's own. I think we'd be better off with the second. Maybe I can just chip off a bit...

*Leans in close and grabs a clamp. Will begin extracting the heart, hopefully there's a part he can hold on to and separate. Just a small piece will work.*

I'll grab the chip as soon as I get a clean extraction. Not much of a point in leaving it in, is there? *Hates to sound morbid, but it's the truth, really.*

Be careful out there. Both of you. *There's an odd lingering note in his voice. No level of acting can remove it on his part, sadly. Doesn't want to lose Sherlock again.*
Of course she did, why would any reasonable scientist shut down an experiment mid-test?

Although I think you may realize by now she can't be the only subject. Plus, there must be a control group somewhere. *Stops on the step behind Jack and calls over his shoulder.* John, I want you to see if that thing's still transmitting, and if it is, send every bit of data to my mobile phone. If not, send it anyway. I want to see if we can't find out where it's going to before whoever's behind this catches on and shuts down the entire test group.

*If only because he wants to see if the 'scientist' behind all of this is worth their salt and took a wide, varied sample of the population. If not, well, he gets to brag about how he's better.* Oh, don't worry John. Just a short vacation.

Fashionable Explorer

Consulting Sociopath
Of course she did, why would any reasonable scientist shut down an experiment mid-test?

Although I think you may realize by now she can't be the only subject. Plus, there must be a control group somewhere.

*Something about that first comment rubs him the wrong way. Realizes they shouldn't be talking about this woman like an object, after all she had a home and a family. Him and Sherlock, they can be a little cold like that can't they? Doesn't know what to make of that now so Jack shoves it away for later brooding processing.*

*Does enjoy, however, how Sherlock is easily on the same page as him. Not bad for a guy new to this alien thing. cool * That's what I'm worried about. If we've stumble across a loose end how big does it get?

*Smirks as Sherlock barks orders at John. Maybe it's better to think of this as a partnership, because neither of these guys are ever going to "work" for him are they? Not in the way that Gwen and Ianto do at least. Waves cheekily to John when he expresses concern for them.* I'll bring your boyfriend back in one piece, I promise. wink

*Leads Sherlock to the Torchwood jeep, throwing open the driver's side and sliding in.* So. Theories. I wanna hear them. *The engine roars to life and Jack gives Sherlock a glib "cause I bet I know more than you do" look. This just turned into a competition.*

*For some, it's just a method of detachment. Remove the humanity from the situation and you don't have to deal with death, just playing pieces on a board. Sherlock does that with everyone automatically. Almost everyone. Though for him it's not a question of grief. For him, it's a question of boredom. The game keeps his brain from running itself toward self-destruction.*

They'll get as large as the threads of this situation lets them get, unless we take hold of one of them immediately and pull.

*Hah, this is a change. Usually he's the one driving because John can't.* Oooh, I like this part. Let's take turns. *Get both of them and one of the Doctors in the same room and let them argue. England will sink from the sheer amount of ego build-up.*

I'll name two and you name two, Captain. First, the control group. We'll likely find a means of transport to their location in Lancashire, since at least one test subject was taken from there, so they'd have to take a control as well. We'll have to look through the missing persons records for someone born around the same date, probably in her family depending on how meticulous our would-be scientists are.

Second. Like I said to John, there's a receiver somewhere. We'll have to be the ones to find it before someone gets the smart idea to end the experiment, probably after they realize that we have one of their field tests in our surgery. And since we don't know how large of a population sample they took, let's just assume it's a rather significant chunk of the United Kingdom's peoples.

Fashionable Explorer

*And they both get accused of being "too clinical" because of it.*

*Good luck with that Sherlock, even Jack knows not to argue with the Doctor...*

*Just gives Sherlock a look when he mentions taking turns with his jeep cause that's NOT going to happen.* Don't worry, it gets much more exciting than this. cool *Peels out of Torchwood's garage and up on to the roads ahead.*

*Smirks as Sherlock explains. The man is brilliant, it has to be said. Still, even if smart is the new sexy nothing can replace experience, and that's what Captain Jack has plenty of.*

Close, but it's not missing persons we're' after it's abductions. Specifically alien abductions or as the asylum so quaintly put it, of an "extraterrestrial nature". There's always been reports of people being pulled up tractor beams, or bright lights in the sky. People can't remember what happened to them the next day but uh *chuckles shrugging his brows suggestively.* maybe they're a bit sore.

The government's been trying to hide the existence of aliens for some time, so these people are deemed crazy which is why I'm guessing our victim ended up where we're about to go. Most of the time, mind you, it's just an idiot getting black out drunk and hallucinating the whole thing but a handful of times it's actually real.

See, it's like...cow tipping for us. You come in, you grab a human, you scare the crap out of them with your spaceship and then you put them back. It's usually harmless, still I try and prevent it where I can. *Glances back to Sherlock with a grin.* The butt probing myth was mine though wink *shakes his head.* Long story.

But this, this is different. *Narrows his eyes on the road ahead, serious now.* Someone's keeping track, gathering data and now a woman is dead.

*Pauses and touches his comm, getting back in touch John and Ianto back at the Hub.* How's it coming along in there?

(( long post is long, clearly having too much fun with this @___@ ))

Dapper Humorist

Fixed Point In Time
The butt probing myth was mine though wink *shakes his head.* Long story.

*Pauses and touches his comm, getting back in touch John and Ianto back at the Hub.* How's it coming along in there?

*Smiles to himself. It really is a good story...*

*Has been researching while they've been talking.* It looks like there's a small support group in Lancashire for...alien abduction and research. *Smiles, isn't that cute.* Domain is registered to a one Dr. Ouran who. Ah. Also worked at our inconspicuous asylum.

All roads lead to Rome is it?

*Calls over his shoulder into the main room.* Tell them I've got the heart extracted and in storage. Oh. And it's not just ice. There's also a high sodium content, high enough to send the tissue into the early stages of mummification.

And the chip is out. No damage, looks like one you'd put into a cat or a dog. Gold in colour, had to take a piece of the nerve that grew around it out with it. Transmitting everything I can... now. Might need help to get the more complicated stuff off it. I'm a doctor, not a techie.
*Not much luck as it will be an odd sense of deja-vu.*

*Meant with the theories, but still. He doesn't mind someone else taking the wheel for once.*

Yes, but control groups are kept in a controlled environment. Separate from the stimulus which would have an effect on the test group. And where are you bound to find quite a few people that are in a catatonic state without it being suspicious, Captain? Either they're in that asylum as well, or off on the ship of whoever's running this experiment.

*Smirks.* Probably is, but every team has at least one pain in the a**, don't they? *John, you should hear this. He hasn't deleted potentially racy humour yet. Though on that note, maybe you shouldn't.*

*Cracks his knuckles before dragging out his mobile. it's not the one he usually uses, but they're linked together enough to have this new one receive it.* Ah. Incoming. Depending on how much background noise is left over, it's time to look into a few cheat codes for this game. *Namely where is that computer or system of them exactly and how to shut them/it down. ... Without harming whoever else was chipped, of course.*

I think the question now is how we're getting in. I do have a few ideas, but you're the one in charge here. *Smirks.*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff