Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Flatterer

Daniel Jackson from SGC

You know, you keep hinting that you know something about that tablet. So if you're really determined to stick around, the least you could do is be useful and tell us.

Oh I see how it is. Everyone's all "Get lost John" and "This is your fault John" and "Why did you push me in a vat of acid, John". Until you want something from me. Theeeeen suddenly it's "Oh, John you're so handsome. Tell us all of your secrets!"

Well guess what, Danny boy, I'm not going to fall for it this time. No. As charming as I find a night alone with you, painstakingly pulling the stick out of your arse, I think I'm going to keep my lips sealed tight. *Crosses his arms with a smirk.* Unless you want to force them open again. wink

*And then Tall-Blonde-and-Skinny starts crying in the streets. John rolls his eyes, impatient.* Good lord are all the virgins this must trouble? Blondie's about to get us all thrown in the clink.

Newbie Explorer

*Daniel pinches the bridge of his nose and sighs. Suddenly has a newfound respect for Ianto NOT shooting this guy in the face.*

Yeah I'm...sorry I asked.

*His attention is drawn to the commotion Vash is causing as well. For once, John may have a point, although Daniel would rather eat his own boot than admit it.* I think we should check in with our friend over there. Ianto, how long is this lockdown supposed to last?

Dapper Humorist

Rogue Agent John Hart

I think I'm going to keep my lips sealed tight.

Don't bother Dr. Jackson. The more he talks the less he really knows. Besides, Jack's number one rule is don't trust anything he is says. No matter what. stare

*Nods his agreement with checking on Vash though. Still feels indebted for the way he helped Ianto in the hallway. Then at Daniel's question pulls up his tablet.* The lockdown should have ended by now. Radiation's dissipated. Not quite sure what's going on, perhaps we should give it a little bit more time.

*Of course what he neglects to mention is how the radiation surge may effect people's ability to get home but that's...a discussion for another time.*

Adventuring Dreamer

(( No worries, it's understandable for Vash to react as such. And even tho it feels like you pulled my heart out of my chest at reading about the bby boi in red cry like this, it is also delicious. heart ))

Hunter of Love
The building blocks for life.

*DING DING DING!!! All of the stuff that Daniel talked about with Alasdair about the tablet and its translation, it sounds exactly like what Vash is talking about. She looks a little dazed, like someone hit her over the head, at this revelation*
Life and death...

Holy moly....!!!
*Lets go of hugging Vash to put her hands on her head and starts sputtering*
I-You-Plant-life-death!!! The tablet! Ah! Oh! My! Gosh!!!
*Starts laughing a little hysterically with a wide smile. She's feeling a huge EUREKA!! moment*

*And then that smile as well as laughter are dashed away at Vash's reaction to her reveal of where they are... And honestly, it's very heart-breaking to see. It becomes obvious quickly that he's looking for someone and because of the time period, he's probably not going to. She scrabbles to collect his glasses and flower crown as she follows him to the middle of the street*

*Stands there awkwardly for a moment as she looks around to make sure that there are no carriages or carts coming at them. Bites her lips for a moment before putting a hand out to hover over his back, not touching him yet*
Hey? Can I touch you? I wanna lead you outta the street before you get hit, okay?
And then you can have a good cry. You look like you need it right now.

You can even tell me about it. About... *Has to think for a moment of what name he was calling out* ... You can tell me about Rem.
Or not.
All up to you.
In the mean time, let's get you somewhere safe for you to cry, alright?

*Glances over at the trio of men out of the corner of her eye. She hopes that either Ianto or Daniel will come over to help as well. John, on the other hand... Best to keep him and his flirting at a distance from Vash right now*

*Alasdair was planning on returning the favor that Vash gave him aka dropping on the chestnut on the blonde's head from above in a tree. But it looks like that wouldn't be appropriate for the moment. He's not as much of a soft touch as Heather, however he can see there is a bit of a "culture shock" that the man is going through and that Alasdair can sympathize with in a way*

*Trots his way over to his human and the tall man in red, still carrying the chestnut in his mouth*
*Hears Heather's voice like it's coming from a dream. Slowly, painfully, he wakes up. Vash turns to look down at her, confused, at first, but then, he remembers and the cloud in his mind dissipates. He looks around them, in the street, with carriages approaching, and very likely getting stared at.*

Ah. Right.

*Will take her hand and cross back over into the park. picking a bench to sit on. Looks at Heather, apologetic. His face is settled into a plaintive smile, cheek still damp with tears.* Sorry about that. I didn't mean to scare you...again. ^___^

*Bent over on the bench, leaning on his legs, staring out at the rest of Victorian London with a blank expression. Is hesitant to talk about Rem. It's a painful memory and Vash feels he's already put too much on Heather. As it is, his happy-go-lucky attitude has clearly been overshadowed by melancholy.*

....You saved the crown. *Spots the ring of flowers in Heather's hand and smiles again, just a little, but geniune.* That's good. I shouldn't have been so careless with something so delicate, hmm?

Newbie Explorer

More Than Eye Candy

Perhaps we should give it a little bit more time.

What about that whole...stepping on a butterfly thing. Aren't we at the risk of changing the future just by being here? *When SG1 traveled through time, accidentally, Sam was very insistent about keeping their heads down and out of trouble. But then again, this whole situation as a lot messier than that.*

For now it might be best if we stick together. *And yes, even John, unfortunately. With that, Daniel moves quickly to the park bench Vash and Heather have retreated to. Approaches them both carefully.*

Hey um. Everything alright over here? *Lays a gentle hand on Heather's shoulder, a light squeeze letting her know she can tell him if anything is wrong. Not that Daniel distrusts Vash but out of the five of them he knows the least about the mysterious tall man in red.*

Dapper Humorist

Daniel Jackson from SGC

What about that whole...stepping on a butterfly thing. Aren't we at the risk of changing the future just by being here?

Ah, yes. Butterflies. Most notorious for their transtemporal revenge. confused

*Has a mounting sense of fear that the lockdown is still initiated. Set up the protocols to disengage after the contained explosion. So what does it mean if it's still in place? Decides to keep these fears to himself however as he follows after Daniel, joining Vash and Heather.*

As the Hub is still temporarily out of service, may I suggest a brief change in venue? *Stepping on butterflies is preposterous but drawing attention to yourself and getting arrested in Victorian London would be...inconvenient. And unfortunately Vash's bright red trench coat is easily accomplishing at least one half of the no-no list.*

Dangerous Flatterer

More Than Eye Candy

As the Hub is still temporarily out of service, may I suggest a brief change in venue?

*Follows Daniel and Ianto at a distance. Not far away enough, however, that he can't insert himself where he's not wanted desperately wanted.* Well there's a molly house round the corner. Flash enough cash and they're sure not ask many questions. Plus I reckon this one here could use some cheering up. *Vague gesture to Blondie.*

Adventuring Dreamer

Hunter of Love
*Hears Heather's voice like it's coming from a dream. Slowly, painfully, he wakes up. Vash turns to look down at her, confused, at first, but then, he remembers and the cloud in his mind dissipates. He looks around them, in the street, with carriages approaching, and very likely getting stared at.*

Ah. Right.

*Will take her hand and cross back over into the park. picking a bench to sit on. Looks at Heather, apologetic. His face is settled into a plaintive smile, cheek still damp with tears.* Sorry about that. I didn't mean to scare you...again. ^___^

*Bent over on the bench, leaning on his legs, staring out at the rest of Victorian London with a blank expression. Is hesitant to talk about Rem. It's a painful memory and Vash feels he's already put too much on Heather. As it is, his happy-go-lucky attitude has clearly been overshadowed by melancholy.*

....You saved the crown. *Spots the ring of flowers in Heather's hand and smiles again, just a little, but geniune.* That's good. I shouldn't have been so careless with something so delicate, hmm?

*She doesn't take a seat on the bench just yet, but instead stands in front of Vash with a look full of concern on her face*
You didn't scare me. You worried me.
Are you sure you're okay? You can still have a good cry.
*Perks up as she remembers the handkerchief he gave her earlier. Picks it out of her pocket she had quickly put it away, folds it over so it has a fresher side without her snot and tears and holds it out to him*
Here, you need this more than I do.
And this too.
*Puts the flower crown back on his head*

*Gives a quirk of a smile at his remark about the flowers*
And no worries, they're sturdier than they appear.
Besides, flowers are pretty hardy things anyways. If they're perennial, they come back every year barring any diseases or other problems. Their roots run deep.
biggrin
*That and she, with her newly discovered "green magic" that she's been learning about since a month ago, made sure that the flowers wouldn't wilt or fall apart if jostled too much. In fact, the flower crown should look like new for a least a month or two...*

*At Daniel laying a hand on her shoulder, she gives a brief jump before looking up at him and registers that it's him. Gives him a quick smile*
Yeah, I think so. I think all of this was kinda a shock to him...

*At the talk about changing of venue and also noticing all the stares from the locals, she realizes that her own outfit of jeans and a frayed, comfy sweater is earning some attention. Makes a scrunched up face*
Do I have to wear one of those lacy Victorian kid dresses?
confused

*Curls his lip a little at MOVING YET AGAIN with his little legs since he's not doing his corrupted fey thing, but follows all of the humans despite his mild annoyance. Looks up at John at the mention of currency and tilts his head*

*Puts down the chestnut and begins grooming himself... Or the act of grooming himself when in reality, he's pulling something from his fur/shadow. Pulls out a large fist-sized purse with his teeth as he purrs in smug success before dropping it at John's feet. Does the same grooming again before dropping similar sized purses at Ianto's, Daniel's, and Vash's feet*
cat_4laugh

*Insides the purses are coins and jewelry that if Daniel looks at it closely, it dates back from 1000 to 1100 AD. And they all look like they are practically new*

Dapper Humorist

Rogue Agent John Hart

molly house

... *Shouldn't be surprised by John's lack of scrupels but everytime you think he's gotten to the bottom of the barrel, he manages to drop even further.* There's an Inn around the corner. Jack has a certain understanding with the owner: he doesn't ask questions, and we don't draw attention to ourselves. *May have come about this after several, erm, dates, with his Captain involving waistcoats and measuring tapes but current company doesn't need to know that.

We can get a few rooms for the night. *Oops. Yes. Did he mention? This might be awhile.*

The four of us. *Pointed glaring at John.* stare

Imagination Running Free

Do I have to wear one of those lacy Victorian kid dresses?
confused

I doubt it. Though if things become truly dire we can put you in trousers and pass you off as a street urchin *joking, mostly*.

*And then Alasdair dumps a pile of ancient coins at his feet. Ianto raises an eyebrow at Heather.* Although it seems we already have a pick-pocket amongst us.

Newbie Explorer

Imagination Running Free

*At Daniel laying a hand on her shoulder, she gives a brief jump before looking up at him and registers that it's him. Gives him a quick smile*
Yeah, I think so. I think all of this was kinda a shock to him...

*Smiles back apologetically, didn't mean to make her jump.* Hmm. Understandable, he didn't receive the same welcome package as the rest of us. *Adjusts his glasses.* Although in hindsight I'm not really sure what you could say to make "you're in a rift in time and space" any better.

*Nods to Vash.* So, um. Welcome to the family? My name is Dr. Daniel Jackson. You've obviously met Heather and her...cat. Maybe it seems obvious but sometimes the obvious needs stating: we are not where we're supposed to be. Whatever universe or timeline you belong to, we are out it. Now, um, don't ask me to get into the details, I'm afraid it's way above my expertise but suffice to say for the time being we all appear to be very much stuck here.

*Which Ianto, unfortunately confirms.* Do we have an ETA when this Hub goes out of lockdown? Don't get me wrong, I love a little time tourism as much as the next guy but when you take away the exit sign, it's starts feeling a little too permanent. *And also if he's gone too long the SGC might just declare him dead, again. And that's just starting to get awkward.*

*Is also a little "wut" at Alasdair's coin dump. Even more so when he inspects the contents.* That's...incredible. The markings are 11th century, high middles ages. Impeccable condition...practically new. Alasdair where did you get these? *Has somehow adjusted to the fact that Heather is friends with some sort of ancient fae cat monster rather quickly.*

((I'm gonna ASSUME early english coinage but he's also a fea so who knows lol))

Dangerous Flatterer

More Than Eye Candy

The four of us. *Pointed glaring at John.* stare

Tch. Well as it so happens I've come into a small fortune. *Quickly pockets Alasdair's gift before he rethinks giving a conman a stash of treasure. Doesn't even really matter if it's the current currency or not: gold, silver, or any kind of metal--John can always find a sucker willing to pay.* So you lot can eat my dust. Except for you, Blondie. *Gives a "call me motion" before turning on his heels and quickly disappearing into the crowd.*
*Blinks a few times at Heather. Worried? Hasn't had anybody worried about him in a long time. Feels guilty that he made her feel bad, whatever the reason, which only makes him retreat further into the smile he wears as a mask. But then she hands him back the handkerchief, and the flower crown and Vash is...touched. Especially likes to hear her say that flowers are stronger than they appear.*

T-thank you. You're just...SO NICE! : crying heart heart heart *BIG DRAMATIC TEARS, blowing loudly into the handkerchief. It's more goofy than sad, which hopefully shows Vash is more or less back to his deflective normal self.*

*Pauses in his sniff-hiccup-cry hysteria as Daniel introduces himself, tears magically drying up.* So nobody is from Earth? *Scratches his head.*

*Has a purse of coins dumped at his feet. Picks it up and immediately turns it upside down without looking inside and suddenly the ancient things spill out all over the ground.* Eep! gonk

Adventuring Dreamer

More Than Eye Candy
I doubt it. Though if things become truly dire we can put you in trousers and pass you off as a street urchin *joking, mostly*.

*Grins with a mischievous twinkle to her eyes*
So does that means I can still play in the dirt?
*Glances up at Daniel and winks. He knows the inside joke already*

*At John's departure, she purses her lips. Her feelings are mixed. She doesn't like him for holding her as a hostage for what was a brief moment... But he's also been kicked around physically and emotionally. So instead, she mentally wishes him well, willing to forgive for now. And as she does so, a stray flower that she left of the grass where she made the flower crown earlier will be lifted up in the wind and find its way to John*

*Turns back to Vash and keeps smiling at the silly man. She nods along to what Daniel is saying, though there is a pause at Vash's question*
Um, no. I'm from Earth. I'm from a place called Ohio.
I'm just... in the wrong time? I mean, where I'm from it's the 2020's.
sweatdrop

*As they're talking about their place of origins, she quickly remembers what Vash was telling her earlier. Looks up at Daniel and tugs on the sleeve of the hand on her shoulder in an insistent way *
Daniel! Daniel!
He knows what the tablet was talking about! About the Plants! He said they each have a specialty for the building blocks for life!
Life and death! Like you said the tablet did!
biggrin
*She is in excited tiny scientist mode... which is interrupted by Vash dumping out the coins. Lets out a small shriek and immediately kneels down to help him pick them up before they scatter everywhere*

More Than Eye Candy
*And then Alasdair dumps a pile of ancient coins at his feet. Ianto raises an eyebrow at Heather.* Although it seems we already have a pick-pocket amongst us.

*RUDE. He cheatedwon those fair and square!. Sniffs and looks away with his nose in the air. He also slowly starts pawing at Ianto's share, as if saying "If you don't want it then...". However, if Ianto makes a grab for it, he won't take it from the man. After all, he does like him*
cat_talk2hand

*Unlike Heather, he doesn't wish John well. Just wanted to give him enough funds to make him go away, especially since both Heather and Vash would not appreciate how he truly wanted to make John disappear. He would be delighted if that was the last time he ever saw the man and hopes something will take a bite out of him someday*
cat_evil

*At Daniel's question directed at him, he looks up at the bespectacled man and tilts his head in thought. As he comes to a decisions, he nods and then hunches down before jumping up onto Daniel's shoulder. Rubs his cheek against Daniel and as he does so, he throws his voice so that only Daniel can hear*
Got it in a bet against an arsehole of an English noble that came to Éire back in the day. Unfortunately, not long after I was... In a bit of situation and never got a chance to use them for, what I'm told, uh-
*Clicks his tongue in thought*- 900 or so years.
Better to use it now than later if it means protecting my human.
*Looks at Heather with eyes full of familial love*
heart

*And then he gives a very unimpressed look at Vash for IMMEDIATELY losing his gift. Gives a look towards Heather as if saying "You sure you want to be friends with this guy? ARE YOU SURE??? BECAUSE I AM JUDGING YOU RIGHT NOW"*
cat_stare

*Heather catches sight of the judging look and just sticks her tongue out at Alasdair before going back to helping collect the coins*

Dangerous Flatterer

*Why is he being followed by a flower?! Plucks it from the air and crushes it with his hand and discarding it with a huff.*

@Alasdair: *Same goes for you, pussycat.* talk2hand

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces