Welcome to Gaia! ::

Newbie Explorer

Oh, Heather. Good. *Sighs in relief as she and Vash emerge together.*

Now I believe Ianto directed us to make our way to Hyde Park. *Adjusts his glasses looking around them before spotting some fencing and greenery up ahead.* I suggest we stick together and try to look....natural. *What is John is doing? Whatever it is please...please stop.*

Um. You know you're not under arrest, right? You could just *shooing motion.*...go. *Please.*

Adventuring Dreamer

*Heather giggles with absolute delight at Va-waaaaahh?'s reaction, swinging their clasped hands*
Pretty cool, right?
Mr. Ianto told me that it's 1899 in London, England! Victorian times!
And I haven't been here either!
*Thanks to the nicer blonde's antics and the not so far distance from the park and all its greenery, Heather relaxes*

*She does take notice that he got serious and was about to ask, but then... John*

*There is a slight awe at how easy he makes it seem as he flirts with Vash... And then she makes a disgusted face at some of things he says. Lets go of Vash's hand and shuffles Alasdair to her shoulder so that she can cover her ears*
La la la la la, I can't hear you!
Keep bedroom stuff in the bedroom, please! There's a child present!
*Says this a low, sing-song tone*

*At Daniel's acknowledgement, she goes to hurry towards him but stops to double back and grab the hand of her new friend in the red coat along with her. She's not leaving him alone with John. Will be tugging him with her as she heads for Daniel*
Yep, I'm here, Dr. Jackson!

*Alasdair, in the meantime, is going to scout ahead in the park. Gotta make sure there aren't any pixies or sprites that are looking to cause any mischief. Those little buggers do love to hang around in curated gardens and wait on hapless victims to unleash their particular brand of trouble*

*Jumps down from Heather's shoulder and twirls around her's and Vash's feet, making a quick swipe at one of John's ankles as he passes by. Just a harmless swipe to remind him to mind himself. Then he's off for the park across the street, easily avoiding carriages and pedestrians*
cat_ninja

Dangerous Flatterer

Imagination Running Free

*There is a slight awe at how easy he makes it seem as he flirts with Vash...*

*Could teach you a thing or two little girl.* wink

*Was actually making a legitimate point that Vash isn't quite what he seems. Maybe not even human, as John suspects. But then his prey is pulled away from him and his feet are swiped at.* stressed *Tries to deliver a vicious kick to Alasdair's side knowing he can't transform in public like this but probably misses.*

Daniel Jackson from SGC

Um. You know you're not under arrest, right? You could just *shooing motion.*...go. *Please.*

*Sniffs loudly like his pride hasn't been shattered into a thousand pieces today.* Well there is the very small part of me being unarmed and um--oh yes---my motor was knicked. *Motions to his empty wrist.*

So until then I think I'll stick around. *Briefly distracted by someone walking a poodle.* On the other hand...
*Repeats what Heather says, wistfully, still staring up at the sky, sun reflecting against his orange glasses, a light breeze rustling his hair, and the ends of trenchcoat.*

Lon-don. En-gland.

*Recalls hearing those names, somewhere. A long, long time ago. Not on Gunsmoke. But where? The names bounce around in his head like an echo.*

*Perks up when John mentions something about interdimensional time travel? What? But then any curiosity goes right out the window when John starts....groping his arm.* UH-WHA? WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! gonk *John's not wrong about his arm but uh, still.*

*Does not like. Does not like! THANKFULLY Heather and Alasdair save him by pulling Vash away and distracting John. Sniffles gratefully like the six foot tall baby he is.* T-thank you! crying

*But the shocks keep coming! At the sight of the park, of acres and acres of greenery, Vash grinds to a hault.* exclaim *Stares at it, in awe, like he's never seen a park in his entire life. And to be fair, it's been a long time since he's seen anything like it.*

Dapper Humorist

Fixed Point In Time

Then get out of here. That's an order!

*Hesitates, staring off in Jack's direction. Why does this feel like saying goodbye? A death is a death, after all. Even if one cheats it everytime.* I'll be there when you come back. I promise.

*With that, tucks the tablet under his arm and, regretfully, leaves the Hub. Runs up the stairs, out into the streets of merry old England with John and the others. Takes out his stopwatch.*

3...2...1. Lockdown. *Sighs. Without caring what it looks like to the locals stares at the computer tablet in his hand. The radiation signal ceases, which means, Jack....did it.* neutral

Newbie Explorer

Imagination Running Free

Yep, I'm here, Dr. Jackson!

*Smiles.* Please. It's just Daniel.

*Watches Alasdair scamper off into the park. Supposes it's a good idea that he scouts ahead. Is less than thrilled to have John sticking around, though.*

*And then he sees Ianto. And the stopwatch. Can guess what he's counting to down to but then.* Hmm. Where's Jack? confused

Adventuring Dreamer

Rogue Agent John Hart
*Could teach you a thing or two little girl.* wink

*Ew, no thanks. She just wants to know how to speak to her crush back home without being an idiot and ask her out for a ice cream date or something, not get slapped*
talk2hand

*Grins at Daniel, wide enough to show her braces*
biggrin
Okie-dokie, Daniel!

*She did hear it, but she looks away and pretends like he didn't say anything. It's petty, but she wouldn't mind if John spent some time in a cell maybe. After all, HE HELD A SWORD TO HER THROAT. A girl holds a grudge over things like that*

Hunter of Love

*Sniffles gratefully like the six foot tall baby he is.* T-thank you! crying

*But the shocks keep coming! At the sight of the park, of acres and acres of greenery, Vash grinds to a hault.* exclaim *Stares at it, in awe, like he's never seen a park in his entire life. And to be fair, it's been a long time since he's seen anything like it.*

*Once again, Vash is proving to just be a giant kid at heart and Heather can't help but like that as well as feel protective of him. He's practically friend-shaped*

*Grins up at Vash and pulls him towards the park since he's so awestruck by it. She's starting to get the sense that he's like how Alasdair was when she brought him home months ago. The feline was just as awestruck by the greenery then as the taller man is right now. Like he hasn't seen much of it before. And isn't that just sad?*
C'mon!
Just lookin' ain't gonna do much! You gotta touch the grass too!
Maybe even do some cartwheels in the grass if you wanna shock the locals?
*She's joking... mostly*

*She is more than happy to point out all of the plants and name them by not just their commonplace names, but also their scientific names of genus and species. She will also rattle off some of facts about them; like if they can be used in various things like medicine, cosmetic, or even whether they're edible*

*Because she pulled Vash away just before Ianto came out, she only sees him from afar and gives him a quick wave. She luckily didn't hear what Daniel asked or else... Well, it's a good thing Vash gave her handkerchief earlier because otherwise, she would be using it a lot to wipe up a lot of tears and snot*

*Yep, John definitely missed. Alasdair is just too fast for mere mortals. It has nothing to do with the fact that Alasdair turned mostly shadow when John tried to kick him so it would just go through him*

*No sign of pixies or sprite, thankfully. But plenty of more mundane flying creatures like butterflies and birds. Currently stalking through some of the bushes after a bird, not to hunt but to chase for fun. He may be Fey, but he's also still a cat and therefore is easily distracted by certain prey*
cat_ninja
*Pulled along to the park, also waving at the others as they go, no reason to suspect anything is wrong.*

*Is fascinated by the diversity of life, the flowers, the trees, the birds in the air! Has a giant smile on his face as they explore. Is also very impressed by Heather's knolwedge.* heart *Will start pointing at things so she can talk about them, and pick a flower to put in her hair, if she allows. And If Heather wants to feed some birds in a tree, or pick a chestnut or two she is welcome to stand on his shoulders which makes you as tall a tree right?*

*Eventually they can settle in a wide patch of grass, where Vash lays on his back, limbs splayed out. Hopefully not offending any Victorian ladies although they may get strange looks.*

I wonder...how they can grow all this, without a Plant. *Touching the grass. Hasn't been able to sense any of his sisters this entire time.* I feel I've been searching for a place like this for a long time. A place to live your life in peaceful days.

*Staring up at the sky again. The single moon.* Am I selfish for being here? If it's not home?

*A wind blows, tousling his hair. The sun reflects off his glasses, obscuring his expression.*

Adventuring Dreamer

*HEATHER IS DELIGHTED TO STAND ON HIS SHOULDERS TO PICK CHESTNUTS AND ALSO BE TALL, SHE IS SHORT AT 5'1" CURRENTLY AND CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT GROWTH SPURT EVERYONE SAYS THAT SHE SHOULD BE DUE FOR. And she will also be happy to accept the flower in her hair!*
4laugh

*While Vash is laying on the grass, she's sitting behind his head and braiding together a flower crown with flowers she carefully swiped from the garden beds when no one was paying attention. Somehow, she pulled up roots and all, but no dirt. Tucks the roots carefully in the crown to hide them and as she does do, there's also a subtle green glow to her fingertips that may be a trick of light if anyone is looking. Once the crown is finished, the light vanishes and she puts the crown carefully on Vash's head*
Ta-da!!
emotion_yatta

*At Vash's question of being selfish, her face falls into a look of sympathy and she pats his forehead gently*
I don't think it's selfish to want a break. Especially if it's somewhere where you really wanted to go or find. Everyone needs a break from things that are hard on 'em.

Hunter of Love
I wonder...how they can grow all this, without a Plant.

*At that question, though, it takes her a few seconds to compute. When she does, she wrinkles her brows in confusion. Glances to her right and then her left, looking at all of the greenery around them*
Um...
These are plants? All this green stuff? And the flowers too??
I mean, a plant is a living organism that has roots, a stem, leaves, or even flowers depending on the species of plant. Most of them even produced seeds!
It has photosynthesis! It uses sunlight, water, and carbon dioxide to create oxygen and energy in the form of sugar that feeds it!
*Spreads her arms out as if to prove her point, absolutely incredulous at him asking what a plant is. However, that earlier niggling at her mind back in the Hub's halls is coming back. Didn't Daniel mention something about a plant when he was talking to Alasdair about the translation?*

*Leans down and looks at Vash almost upside down since she's sitting behind him, her braid dangling over her shoulder almost touching his nose*
... What does a Plant mean where you're from?

*Alasdair, at the moment, is a little busy chasing a lovely large group of pigeons. He's not out to catch them, just chasing them for the thrill. And to cause a ruckus amongst the pedestrians*
*Casually tosses a chestnut over his shoulders. Incidentally it disrupts the flock of pigeons Alasdair is trying to pounce on. Totally by accident. Nothing to see here.*

*Watches with interest as Heather weaves a flower crown with glowing fingers.* You're really good at that. ^__^ *Accepts the crown gratefully LIKE HE'S ROYALTY, fully on sparkly faced anime eyes.*

IT'S BEAUTIFUL. ✨ emotion_kirakira

*Laying in the grass like a KING, listening to Heather answer him. When she conflates Plants with plants Vash removes his shades blinking up at her with his pale blue eyes.*

Where I'm from?

*Sits up carefully, protecting his BEAUTIFUL FLOWER CROWN. Thinks for awhile, staring wistfully off into the distance.*

Plants are…an energy source. They can produce water, air, and electricity: everything humanity needs to survive in a harsh environment.

*Turns to look back at her, smiling passively, despite the serious subject.* Where I'm from is a wasteland. A desert. Where everything is so dry…even people's hearts. The Plants try, the best they can, but even they can only do so much.

*Looks away again, guilty.* That's why, I want to find a beautiful place, like this. Not for me, exactly, but for everyone else. Its been hard. Harder than anyone deserves. *Puts a hand on the back of his head and laughs a little.* Only…I don't even know where I'm at. sweatdrop

Dangerous Flatterer

More Than Eye Candy

3...2...1. Lockdown. *Sighs. Without caring what it looks like to the locals stares at the computer tablet in his hand. The radiation signal ceases, which means, Jack....did it.* neutral

*Sticks in his hands in his pockets, head down for a very brief moment of silence.* ...*Before ruining it by opening his mouth.*

I told him not to do it. Damned thing wasn't even supposed to activate unless it found the source. What the hell do you lot have down there anyways?
confused

Dapper Humorist

Daniel Jackson from SGC

Where's Jack? confused

*Turns the stopwatch off with a click and pockets it.* Jack is....gone, for now. But he'll be back, eventually. *Forces himself to smile.* Can't keep a good man down, as they say.

The good news is the signal has stopped. Radiation levels in the Hub are leveling out though it may be best to stay top side for the moment. The bad news is I wasn't able to block the signal entirely before the tablet was destroyed. It broke through for less than thirty seconds. Let's hope that's not enough time for anyone to track it.

....*Glares at John, full of disgust. The man should be happy he's not armed.* It's your fault he was down there in the first place! stressed

Newbie Explorer

*Daniel's sixth sense tells him someone, somewhere is waving scientist arms?*

More Than Eye Candy

Jack is....gone, for now.

Okay...strangely cryptic, but I'll accept it. I guess.

*Not happy to hear that they could still be found, but time will tell.* Not feeling great about a Goa'uld invasion in the year 1889, gotta tell ya. *What are they gonna throw, top hats?*

*Puts a hand on Ianto's shoulders, though, when he gets angry at John. In part to commiserate, in part to hold him back. Cocks an eye at John.* You know, you keep hinting that you know something about that tablet. So if you're really determined to stick around, the least you could do is be useful and tell us.
confused

Adventuring Dreamer

Daniel Jackson from SGC
*Daniel's sixth sense tells him someone, somewhere is waving scientist arms?*

*YEP! Heather is currently going into science mode and has to show by waving her arms around or gesturing with her hands. Isn't that how all scientists do their niche science?*

Hunter of Love
*Watches with interest as Heather weaves a flower crown with glowing fingers.* You're really good at that. ^__^ *Accepts the crown gratefully LIKE HE'S ROYALTY, fully on sparkly faced anime eyes.*

IT'S BEAUTIFUL. ✨ emotion_kirakira

*Laying in the grass like a KING, listening to Heather answer him. When she conflates Plants with plants Vash removes his shades blinking up at her with his pale blue eyes.*

Where I'm from?

*Sits up carefully, protecting his BEAUTIFUL FLOWER CROWN. Thinks for awhile, staring wistfully off into the distance.*

Plants are…an energy source. They can produce water, air, and electricity: everything humanity needs to survive in a harsh environment.

*Turns to look back at her, smiling passively, despite the serious subject.* Where I'm from is a wasteland. A desert. Where everything is so dry…even people's hearts. The Plants try, the best they can, but even they can only do so much.

*Looks away again, guilty.* That's why, I want to find a beautiful place, like this. Not for me, exactly, but for everyone else. Its been hard. Harder than anyone deserves. *Puts a hand on the back of his head and laughs a little.* Only…I don't even know where I'm at. sweatdrop

*Cracks a smile wide enough to show her braces at Vash's antics and listens carefully as he explains Plants. She tilts her head as she still looks confused*

But there's already been experiments and research with plants of creating all of that. Like a single leaf can produce 150 volts which can power 100 LED lightbulbs and there's transpiration, the process where plants produce water through their leaves...
*Curls a hand to her mouth as she mumbles to herself, trying to come to terms with what he's telling her along with that niggling that is still bothering her*

And for your version of Plants, that kinda sounds like restoration ecology... But why do I feel like it's something else? There are already projects to reforest and replant local flora to the deserts of the world to help with erosion and other problems. And people have survived in deserts for centuries too.
And deserts aren't wastelands, not really. There's still local flora and fauna.
You're making it sounds like your Plants can create life...
*Still mumbling to herself; she's going into overdrive in science-mode*

*But at his guilt, she breaks out of her mutterings and once again, there's that look of sympathy showing on her face again. Now that he's sitting up, she's going for a platonic hug. Moves to his side and hugs him as best as she can around his chest*
Oh... I'm sorry. That's gotta be so hard.
I hope you find a place like that for everyone too. Everyone deserves a place to grow and live in peace, to not be afraid and just reacting from fear and... hunger.
*There's a brief look of guilt on her face now. She carries a similar burden of saving a place and she's still clueless of how, even 3 months later since she made her promise*

*At his question of where he is currently, she pulls back and looks at him with wide eyes. Oh. Oh! She's finally getting the sense that not only is he not a local to the time, but also possibly to the planet?*
... Um, this is Earth? Like the third planet from the Sun?
Uhhhh, in the Milky Way Galaxy?
... Does that ring a bell?

Hunter of Love
*Casually tosses a chestnut over his shoulders. Incidentally it disrupts the flock of pigeons Alasdair is trying to pounce on. Totally by accident. Nothing to see here.*

*Not only does the chestnut scatter the flock of pigeons, it also comically hits Alasdair on his head... who lets out a startled "MREOW" before looking around for the culprit. Spots Vash and narrows his eyes in mild irritation. He knows Heather would have just called to him and the pedestrians are leaving him be so that only leaves the taller man*
cat_mad

*Picks up the chestnut with his mouth and slowly stalks makes his ways to the two in the grass. If there's a tree overhanging over them, he'll make his way there to climb it*
Imagination Running Free

*Not only does the chestnut scatter the flock of pigeons, it also comically hits Alasdair on his head*

*Oh no, didn't mean to do that!* gonk

*Scratches his head when she goes into science mode talking about leaves powering lightbulbs.* Oh really, they can do that? *Smiles absently not exactly understanding all of her references but happy the subject has her excited. She reminds him of a young Luida, maybe. Heather isn't scared by what she doesn't know, approaching it with curiosity. That puts Vash at ease, talking about something that many humans, where he's from, are fearful of.*

Imagination Running Free

You're making it sounds like your Plants can create life...

*Nods.* Hmm. Something like that. They each have a specialty: electricity, chemical compounds, amino acids. The building blocks for life.

*Vash examines his hands for a moment. Yes. Every Plant has a specialty. So what's his? Besides bringing death and destruction wherever he goes. But then Heather interrupts his brooding with a hug and Vash accepts it gratefully. She's so very kind, and thoughtful, even if she doesn't believe in herself yet.* heart

*Vash freezes, though, when she mentions Earth. His eyes wide, dropping his glasses in the grass as he suddenly springs to his feet. He stares up at the sky again to confirm it. Then looks around him at the park, and the people. The beautiful, beautiful park. The kind that Rem said they had...on Earth.*

Rem. *He whispers her name, a sharp wind kicking up and blowing his trenchcoat out behind him as if in response. There are tears in his eyes, and his hands are shaking, caught up in a feverish daydream that she could here! For Vash, the Earth and Rem are simultaneous. So If he had suddenly arrived on Earth then why wasn't it also possible that she could be here? He looks around him again, and, spotting a woman with long dark hair dashes after her, flower crown flying off his head.* Rem! *But when he catches up to her she's....not Rem. Let's go of the woman, mortified and probably standing in the middle of a street in shock when he realizes.....the year. The year is wrong. 1889 is too soon. Much too soon. She hasn't even been born yet. Which means she's still gone. She's gone and he's alone.*

*Vash buries his head in hands, tears streaming down his face like a child that's lost it's mother, as raw wounds get ripped open all over again.* Rem...

*Is probably causing quite a spectacle.*

((yeah sorry he was always going to freak out when someone told him its Earth))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff