Welcome to Gaia! ::

Missyllaneous rolled 1 8-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-8)

Adorable Ante

Magical Dragon

27,175 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
Teslaz
HELLOOOOOOO

Hi~

Friendly Vet

9,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Market Browser 100
Raiden Valentine
HelllixX
Extremely glad the rant was about Alien/ Predator, because that is one title connected to my soul and industry deeply! I for one loved Predators (Robert Rodriquez), the integration of military styles and a hunting ground! No a hunting ground planet! That made me cry out with happiness. I for one felt the second one was not as epic, yet still loved it. The line that reference Arnold in Predators was great. The whole talk of the one lone troop that figured out how to survive by cloaking his heat signature in mud- Whaddup Arnold lol Adrien Brody was a great choice, heck the whole team was! Seeing him be so bad a** just proved he has actual acting skill. Topher did a outstanding job of acting like a psycho killer. Design wise they blew it out of the water, making sure everything was traditionally made and a lot of it was filmed in Texas, Arizona, and Hawaii. I've been making this pred design for a while now just for nerds sake xD

A lass I do own all the movies that we've mentioned. My utter dislike for AVP is combated by just wanting to see Preds fck s**t up, and see aliens attempt to ravage them. Even with them not being great movies at all I still have that small love for them. I feel to much CG was used for those spin-offs as well and that is part of it's weakness. The lore is thrown off so extremely and needs a lot of fixing. The saddest part about Prometheus was it felt so bland. Great acting some nice reference to Alien but really boring overall. Personally the only one I hesitated buying, thankfully my ex got me it for kicks. I would not have put $5 into that movie myself xD
I heard raving reviews and all the people I was around loved it- *COUGH. Those specific people are not into the stuff I am deeply enough and are the generic movie goer so I set aside their opinions before watching it.... I feel like the mass majority of people just follow the crowd and reviews when watching a movie and not go in with their own opinions. Or even come out with their own opinions, which makes me feel like the majority are drones.... I swear man the amount of arguments I got in with people about sci fi and realize they don't know s**t, or even have any knowledge besides what they read on a wiki page about the topics. It makes me cry on the inside. Any topic movie wise I might add has this issue, there is the real fans of something then the posers, then the hipsters, then the guy who follows what that guy said. I for one am a real fan like you of this stuff and I must have continuity and something that makes the younger me smile.

I want to play the new game so bad because I hear Ridley Scott is a part of it, then again he was a part of Prometheus so made me respect the choices more. Seeing as he was the original director of Alien. I feel the series was thrown off due to the fact that every movie had a different director and writer generally, that were not focused on keeping things cannon. The fact that the franchise inspired Japan "Metroid made me smile though <3 Technically the best ALIEN game connected to the movies lol

I still say watch Prometheus if you get a chance, it may infuriate you but will also give you a few smiles.

I bought Prometheus at a Black Friday sale because like you a good friend of mine said it was really good and then Cinema Sins and Honest Trailers killed it for me. But I suppose I have to watch it at this point since I have all of the Resident Evil movies and hold the same opinion of those as you do of AVP. What doesn't help Alien 3 was how it was screwed by the executives at FOX and went through a lot of directors before they settled on David Fincher who could have knocked it out of the park if FOX hadn't imposed heavy rewrites to the script and made him work bits and pieces from other drafts into the movie he was making. It should have ended there. Should have been killed along with Ripley in that vat of molten steel never to be seen again (which oddly mirrors the ending of Terminator 2 for some reason) but no. They had to keep it going with Resurrection and not even Joss Whedon could save it at that point. The Nostalgia Critic rightly tears that one apart.

And as far as not following the crowds goes, I didn't see Avatar until it was on FX because I thought it was one of the most overhyped cliche stores of all time. It's not a story I hate but someone can't come up to me and say it was completely original, not when I saw the same thing when I was a kid and it was named Fern Gully. Now the visuals I LOVED. Cameron pushed what could be done with CGI in making them more realistic than Square Enix did in the two Final Fantasy movies (Spirits Within is underrated!!!!!!). The characters were all well and good even though the villain was a cartoon character, literally and personality-wise. It sucked that my favorite character in it died but Michelle Rodriquez decided a long time ago that she would be the female Sean Bean and be a badass who dies instead of the girly-girl who lives. By the way, the fact that Sigourney Weaver and Michelle Rodriquez were in the same movie gave it a bonus point for me. Now they need to be together in the female Expendables movie with Michelle Yeoh, Katee Sackhoff, Gina Carano, Zoe Bell, Zoe Saldana, Lucy Lawless, and Milla Jovovitch. I'd pay real money to see that movie.
I also don't follow a lot of the crowd in that I actually like the Star Trek reboot. It's different from the Trek Prime universe but it was made to be different. I have the Original Series on Netflix I can watch to see how it was the first time. Same thing with the Star Wars prequels. Sure there's a lot to hate but it's a good example in how to make a good prequel. Anakin turning to the Dark Side is inevitable but there's also the story of how a republic turns into a dictatorship and how Anakin plays a part in it. I've also found the best way to piss off a lot of my peers is to bring up how I'm not a huge fan of Lord of the Rings and how the extended edition of Two Towers put me to sleep. That was a fund day. The argument Randall has with Elias and the other Rings fan in Clerks II was my dream come to the screen.
And speaking of Sigourney Weaver, you can watch her in Galaxy Quest which is now on Netflix. I watched it earlier today and love it even more than when I was a kid because I understand how much love it gives sci-fi fans in it's affectionate parody of science fiction tropes.

Oh! I also know that the Transformers movies are stupid but I enjoy them anyway because honestly, the stories from the sacred Generation 1 were pretty stupid.

As you make connections to James Cameron's Terminator and Alien with the lava scene and such let's make another connection~ The same effects team that worked on Terminator also worked on Alien and the sequels. Stan Winston and Amalgamated.

I really liked the first Transformers movie but not the rest of them, I also really love the 80's animated one as I said a few conversations back I believe.

I have not very much to say on my end for Avatar: Blue Planet. I really dislike the Navi themselves, design wise. Although the flying creatures are greatly fleshed out and so are the environments. Personally the main villain feels like a G.I Joe and the mech he pilots at one point extremely disappointing. I to expected more from the hype it was given. I still prefer District 9, the only reason I make the comparison is because it came out at the same time. D9 had a older school approach to advertising, which made you know very little about what the movies really was about. Which I for one miss, in todays age we know the whole plot from a commercial.

Lucy Lawless again! you know how much I love that woman already! A Female Expendables would make me so much happier >.<lol

Love Galaxy Quest to death! Also have not seen it in years so I may take your offer on checking it out on Netflix~

Magical Dragon

27,175 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
Brysoooon
AngelicHottie126

Honestly, I just found a bunch of random things in my inventory. I can go Halloween if you give me a minute lolol

ooohhh okay~
*waits*

Snuggly Blob

CyRen2607
Ahhhh I see. D: I... sorta kinda understand where they're coming from with that, but I disagree with it. Even games can be good in moderation, especially strategy/reflex games. Plus knowing you can enjoy yourself after finishing X work makes for good motivation. = w=;; Right now I'm motivating myself to finish three essay proposals and some studying by knowing I can play some games after to relax.

Devoted Punk

12,800 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Moira 200
harleyjam
"The place where we are was written in the stars." Written in the Stars, Westlife

We're gonna get where we're going, you and me. Death and indignity be damned. We'll get there, and we will be the stars we were always meant to be.
— Captain Marvel (2012) #1

Brysoooon generated a random number between 1 and 1000 ... 112!

Distinct Genius

6,500 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Teslaz

It's 3:30 am here. I have school in a few hours and I've given up on sleeping lol emotion_facepalm

Nautical Fox's Husband

Shirtless Husband

15,325 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
Raiden Valentine
CyRen2607
Same :< When he gets sick, he gets reaaallyy sick. Not to mention he has class all week still, so even worse.
Ahh! I watched it, and I was like eh??? waahh? and now that I think about it, I'm having a good laugh between RE 6 and the new transformers... Both have T-Rex xD I remember when I was watching RE 6 that's what I first thought of, transformers. I watched it in the movies with my relatives.
I'll give you a headsup! if i remember xD I gotta look through my invntory and see what I have. :3 It'll run for two days anyway.
You also reminded me! Need to buy something for my friend :c

I played it before Transformers came out so the whole T-Rex thing made me go WTF? And then I remembered that CAPCOM also did the Dino Crisis and it made a little more sense. I'm waiting for the Rainbow Dash cameo in the movie. XD

xD ahh! I'm surprised I even played that game @.@ I think I was a little tooo young to understand the gameplay of it.
x) when does it come out?
Im gonna watch annabelle tomorrow~ weeee~ I have to look human again

Program_Virus's Husband

Manly Wife

HelllixX

Yea, of course xD but can't complain cause in the end of the day.. you're practically feeling high off others fears xD a lot of new people are also forgetting to drink their water so they don't dehydrate e e which keeps causing problems for the company so besides people leaving, they're also being fired for not listening :/
Training was meant to also get them into that habit but since we started everyone keeps forgetting (least the newbies)
That's my schedule when I'm told the doors are open and I have to wait for customers to reach my area xD great way to bond with an animatronic lol

I'm sorry xD omfg. You didn't have to do it all by yorself!
I never heard of that o: that's got my interest but games brings everyone together xD whether they admit it or not. Even a dislike for one games can being some good friends LOL

If I could afford such a trip I'd do it LOL
I'd love to see others acting in haunts and just the set for the places ;3; I HAVE BIG DREAMS NOW OK.

XD aw! Its just awesome to be able to talk to another about my obsession of monsters and being part of the awesome haunt life. I mean I could talk to others about it but I'm sure they're just gonna nod and have no idea of what I'm really saying xD
Tried talking to my mom about my animatronic friend and she wasn't happy xD forgot she hates snakes

Oh boy! I remember last year, we had to spread sand in one area cause there was so much piss xD sad to say.. it was the year I was the swamp monster and as much as I loved being apart of causing it, I hated how it made it hard to slide at customers. ;3;
-I have shoes with no grip and I use to run at customers and slide while standing and cumstomers didn't see me till I was either in their face or right next to them so they'd always freak out big time xD it was a great scare tactic and after that the chasing ensue xD
There hasn't been much leakage in my new spot which I'm glad.. cause I swear since I'm more interactive with the customers I would really hate to have someone who peed themselves press against me 8C

Teslaz rolled 12 8-sided dice: 6, 2, 1, 4, 8, 1, 8, 1, 6, 7, 6, 6 Total: 56 (12-96)

Invisible Giver

AngelicHottie126
Teslaz
HELLOOOOOOO

Hi~
Hey, how's it going?

Brysoooon rolled 12 8-sided dice: 4, 2, 6, 1, 8, 5, 2, 5, 8, 2, 7, 4 Total: 54 (12-96)

Distinct Genius

6,500 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
AngelicHottie126

BOO! I even changed my text to orange. lol 3nodding

Nautical Fox's Husband

Shirtless Husband

15,325 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
Shimo Kousetsu
CyRen2607
Ahhhh I see. D: I... sorta kinda understand where they're coming from with that, but I disagree with it. Even games can be good in moderation, especially strategy/reflex games. Plus knowing you can enjoy yourself after finishing X work makes for good motivation. = w=;; Right now I'm motivating myself to finish three essay proposals and some studying by knowing I can play some games after to relax.

I 100% disagree with them xD I ain't gonna be motivated if i'm constantly reminded I should study. It just annoys me. I'm not on good terms with my fam in the first place and my mother is a little bit of a nut and exaggerates anything she has an issue with, e.g gaming
Not like I can play anygames razz All I do is sit on gaia or watch youtube, that is how I past the time til I go home.
Good luck getting those essays done!! I love essays, though not with chinese.... hehe... I did do decently well in my last pop quiz my tutor gave me. Usually I get 50% and that's because I don't know what the characters mean, but this time I got 90% on grammar and filling in blanks :3.

Teslaz rolled 12 8-sided dice: 6, 4, 2, 2, 2, 2, 4, 8, 4, 5, 1, 6 Total: 46 (12-96)

Invisible Giver

Brysoooon
Teslaz

It's 3:30 am here. I have school in a few hours and I've given up on sleeping lol emotion_facepalm
Haha yep, gotta be in class by 10:30 gonk

Adorable Ante

Raiden Valentine
harleyjam
"The place where we are was written in the stars." Written in the Stars, Westlife

We're gonna get where we're going, you and me. Death and indignity be damned. We'll get there, and we will be the stars we were always meant to be.
— Captain Marvel (2012) #1

nice nice biggrin

Brysoooon rolled 12 8-sided dice: 6, 3, 2, 7, 7, 5, 7, 8, 8, 8, 2, 5 Total: 68 (12-96)

Distinct Genius

6,500 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Teslaz

I'm still in high school. School starts at 7:35. Way too early even if I wasn't up this late.
crying crying crying

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces