9,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
Tympest
Doctor Murdoc Niccals
Tympest
Doctor Murdoc Niccals
Tympest
I don't know, stumble upon sent me to it as a result of a "humor" search, all the sarcastic 4 and 5 star reviews made me quite happy. It was funny even if the writer was serious.

Crazy enough though, some religious nuts do go for that, but yeah, I can see the humor in it for some people. I'd like to find someone to riff that book. XD
The people who take books like that seriously are the ones that make me wary of organized religion anymore. I don't know that you could find anyone wiling to buy the book to riff it.

Slightly more on the original topic, I got an email today from one of the places I get review copies from using Fifty Shades of Grey as a standard for their new line of "hot" erotic romances. It made me sad for the publishing world.

That would sadden me as well, Grey is obviously a douche.
Obvious even just from the sporking, it would be terrible if romance novels as a whole started following James' example.

NightfallDuet
Review Fifty Shades of Grey? Scary.
Thankfully I didn't sign on to review it, drek like this would turn me off of trashy romance for a long, long time. I'm still wondering how there's three books of it.

I've actually heard of women saying they want a Christian Grey in their life. =__= people take these books too seriously. How there's three? Well, it's repackaged Twilight isn't it?

Demonic Businesswoman

10,825 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
Doctor Murdoc Niccals
Tympest
Doctor Murdoc Niccals
Tympest
Doctor Murdoc Niccals

Crazy enough though, some religious nuts do go for that, but yeah, I can see the humor in it for some people. I'd like to find someone to riff that book. XD
The people who take books like that seriously are the ones that make me wary of organized religion anymore. I don't know that you could find anyone wiling to buy the book to riff it.

Slightly more on the original topic, I got an email today from one of the places I get review copies from using Fifty Shades of Grey as a standard for their new line of "hot" erotic romances. It made me sad for the publishing world.

Obvious even just from the sporking, it would be terrible if romance novels as a whole started following James' example.

NightfallDuet
Thankfully I didn't sign on to review it, drek like this would turn me off of trashy romance for a long, long time. I'm still wondering how there's three books of it.

I've actually heard of women saying they want a Christian Grey in their life. =__= people take these books too seriously. How there's three? Well, it's repackaged Twilight isn't it?

NO. NO. NO.

I don't want a stalker/creep-a-zoid/rapist following me around and proclaiming his so-called love for me.

User Image

Unsealed Dabbler

Doctor Murdoc Niccals
Tympest
Doctor Murdoc Niccals
Tympest
Doctor Murdoc Niccals

NightfallDuet

Oh eew, even if he's supposed to be hot that doesn't make him any less of a creepy douchwagon. Plus the faux BDSM excuse for torment and control freakyness would just be too wrong.

Even as repackaged Twilight, how'd she manage to sell all three enough to con a real publisher into printing it and not editing them to death?

Super Lunatic

9,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
NightfallDuet
Doctor Murdoc Niccals
Tympest
Doctor Murdoc Niccals
Tympest

NightfallDuet

NO. NO. NO.

I don't want a stalker/creep-a-zoid/rapist following me around and proclaiming his so-called love for me.

User Image

I know right, too creepy.

Super Lunatic

9,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
Tympest
Doctor Murdoc Niccals
Tympest
Doctor Murdoc Niccals
Tympest

NightfallDuet

Oh eew, even if he's supposed to be hot that doesn't make him any less of a creepy douchwagon. Plus the faux BDSM excuse for torment and control freakyness would just be too wrong.

Even as repackaged Twilight, how'd she manage to sell all three enough to con a real publisher into printing it and not editing them to death?

No idea, but Smeyer got away with it.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Belethiel
... I meant sex, and well... in a story like that, there would be rape or something. ._.

Hey man, I never met a transgendered person who hated the sex they were born with because they were born in the wrong body. Nah, she just thinks she should be subservient because that's how her parents raised her.

Ah, my bad.

And that's what I'm saying, she doesn't feel that she was suposed to be a boy; she hates her gender so much she'd rather be one. Trannies don't hate their gender, they just feel they were supposed to be born as the other one.

Demonic Businesswoman

10,825 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
Alexander J Luthor
Belethiel
... I meant sex, and well... in a story like that, there would be rape or something. ._.

Hey man, I never met a transgendered person who hated the sex they were born with because they were born in the wrong body. Nah, she just thinks she should be subservient because that's how her parents raised her.

Ah, my bad.

And that's what I'm saying, she doesn't feel that she was suposed to be a boy; she hates her gender so much she'd rather be one. Trannies don't hate their gender, they just feel they were supposed to be born as the other one.

I have to admit that there are times that I wonder on how they ever go through the decision of becoming a different gender. That's gotta be hard considering what they have to do in order to become that boy/girl. sad If they feel they should be a boy/girl, that's fine--that's their decision--but how it affects everyone else is a different story. I don't know. I couldn't imagine being in their position.

Dangerous Sex Symbol

7,000 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Haven't read it, don't plan on it. All I can contribute to the conversation is that it is rumored that Ian Somerhalder will most likely be playing as Christen Grey.

Sexy Vampire

18,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
caligulasAquarium

I read through half of the chapter one sporking. I'm not gonna make it guys.

However, I am glad to say that one of the sporkers is at least familiar with BDSM, so there's that wonderful insight into the story.

This "book" is just utterly the most asinine, the most bullshitted, the absolutely, positively the stupidest thing I've read in quite some time. And I've only read what the sporkers put.

And I'm thankful for that.
            User Image

Unsealed Dabbler

Doctor Murdoc Niccals
Tympest
Doctor Murdoc Niccals
Tympest
Doctor Murdoc Niccals

NightfallDuet

Meyer had personal friends in the series original publishing house, that's the only excuse I can think of.

Super Lunatic

9,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
Tympest
Doctor Murdoc Niccals
Tympest
Doctor Murdoc Niccals
Tympest

Meyer had personal friends in the series original publishing house, that's the only excuse I can think of.

Well, I don't know, but yeah, she's getting away with it. I'm guessing they don't care about quality anymore.

Sexy Vampire

18,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
Doctor Murdoc Niccals
Well, I don't know, but yeah, she's getting away with it. I'm guessing they don't care about quality anymore.

caligulasAquarium

Simply because 'quality' doesn't usually mean 'profit'.

I sometimes doubt that publishers would know a good story if it reached up and bit them right on the arse.
            User Image

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
NightfallDuet
Alexander J Luthor
Belethiel

Ah, my bad.

I have to admit that there are times that I wonder on how they ever go through the decision of becoming a different gender. That's gotta be hard considering what they have to do in order to become that boy/girl. sad If they feel they should be a boy/girl, that's fine--that's their decision--but how it affects everyone else is a different story. I don't know. I couldn't imagine being in their position.
I watched a TLC show where a girl was becomming a boy and a man was becoming a woman. The boy's girlfriend was excited because she got to pick his new lower parts. XD The man was very pretty.

Super Lunatic

9,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
Minerva de Sade
Doctor Murdoc Niccals

caligulasAquarium

Simply because 'quality' doesn't usually mean 'profit'.

I sometimes doubt that publishers would know a good story if it reached up and bit them right on the arse.
            User Image

Same. )8

Demonic Businesswoman

10,825 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
Alexander J Luthor
NightfallDuet
Alexander J Luthor
Belethiel

Ah, my bad.

I watched a TLC show where a girl was becomming a boy and a man was becoming a woman. The boy's girlfriend was excited because she got to pick his new lower parts. XD The man was very pretty.

What? xD I've never heard of that before.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff