Welcome to Gaia! ::

Belethiel
Yeah, this chapter was boring as hell and stupid and pointless.

Boooorrriiiinng.

And then he kind of raped her again. :I I just... bleeehhh. I have no comment. FSoG is a boring misogynistic piece of crap that is a disgrace to literature, and that's all it is.

so you people are still going on about that crap after i left eh? i like how feminist always through around the word misogyny at things they don't like.
supervamp78
Belethiel

Boooorrriiiinng.

And then he kind of raped her again. :I I just... bleeehhh. I have no comment. FSoG is a boring misogynistic piece of crap that is a disgrace to literature, and that's all it is.

so you people are still going on about that crap after i left eh? i like how feminist always through around the word misogyny at things they don't like.

So... you're not a feminist?

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
supervamp78
Belethiel

Boooorrriiiinng.

Well, the book is very misogynistic. It puts women in a place of servitude and as objects. It is saying we should let ourselves be hit and abused if it means we think we are loved. It's just plain wrong.

Citizen

supervamp78
Belethiel

Boooorrriiiinng.

Meh, Its still sporking and I want to see what they make of it.

I dont like brussle sprouts, does that make them misogynist?

Citizen

Belethiel
supervamp78
Belethiel

Boooorrriiiinng.

Well, the book is very misogynistic. It puts women in a place of servitude and as objects. It is saying we should let ourselves be hit and abused if it means we think we are loved. It's just plain wrong.

I find it funny when people say it ""empowers women".
Cryptocrystalline
Belethiel
supervamp78
Belethiel

Boooorrriiiinng.

I tend to be disturbed about it. Maybe it's because I've only seen the sporking, but what is so empowering about a book where the love interest flys off the handle at just about everything, and the female lead is terrified of him because of that. I guess you could say this series put female sexuality more in the open, but with the s**t Grey pulls, the word "empowering" doesn't work.

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
Cryptocrystalline
Belethiel
supervamp78
Belethiel

Boooorrriiiinng.

Me too, but I'm disturbed by that as well. It really doesn't. I've read stuff that empowers me as a girl and as a young adult. FSoG isn't one of them.

The Hunger Games is a good example of something empowering. Katniss was given agency even though she was used by both sides in the war in Mockingjay. She still wasn't going to let them beat her down and the girl was always going to go down swinging. She ended up changing her world, and she's just a damaged 17 year old survivor from a coal mining town. It says that I can survive and make my life better. That is empowering.

Watching some lady getting pushed around and abused by a man as a sexual servant isn't empowering.

Demonic Businesswoman

10,825 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
Gaston's still a b*****d.

But, seriously, does he really think he can get away with anything?

I would kick him in the balls before he touches me down there--or anywhere!
Rogue Destiny

We all would.
Rogue Destiny

I agree full heartedly, just what quotes of Grey's initial interview were enough to make me hate him with a passion. If Ana had half a brain she would never have spoken to him after that.

I really should write a blog entry or make a YT video on this…

Demonic Businesswoman

10,825 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
Sulina
Rogue Destiny

I agree full heartedly, just what quotes of Grey's initial interview were enough to make me hate him with a passion. If Ana had half a brain she would never have spoken to him after that.

If you do, please post it here! Love to see it!

Ana doesn't have a brain; she just has "Inner Goddess" to guide her.
Rogue Destiny
Sulina
Rogue Destiny

If you do, please post it here! Love to see it!

Ana doesn't have a brain; she just has "Inner Goddess" to guide her.
And her "Subconscious" which is slightly less of an annoying a*****e. Slightly.

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
I think the whole inner goddess/"subconscious" thing is one big cheat at narration. It's telling us what Ana is feeling, but it doesn't show us. Every time there is a chance to show sincere emotion, the narration says "My inner goddess-". It's the most annoying thing I have ever read.

Sarcastic Prophet

19,200 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
I totally agree with the whole "inner goddess and subconscious" bullshit. However, I haven't read this entire thread to see if the complaint was already mentioned, but they ******** murmur way too much. I read the first book and just went "******** it" and found the original fanfiction and found out that she uses "murmur" almost 500 TIMES. Really? neutral

What a piece of s**t book.
Lazarus Heart
I totally agree with the whole "inner goddess and subconscious" bullshit. However, I haven't read this entire thread to see if the complaint was already mentioned, but they ******** murmur way too much. I read the first book and just went "******** it" and found the original fanfiction and found out that she uses "murmur" almost 500 TIMES. Really? neutral

What a piece of s**t book.
This really is everything bad about Twilight on steroids. Murmur was one of the words that was used for a counting game in "Dan reads Twilight". It had a few hundred uses in some of the books. Mutter was also a favorite of Meyer's, and there was a third.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff