Anxious Fatcat

9,800 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Neon Graffiti

Kiken Rider

[ Isle de Gambino - East Market Street ]

The werewolf made quick work of the burger, devouring the treat in two bites and narrowly missing Fortuna's fingers in his excitement. He sniffed anxiously for any missing scraps and butted his head against Fortuna's arm, thankful for the food.

With the beast sated the werewolf finally remembered his manners.

The transformation was quick. Bones cracked and muscles shifted but the process was smooth and well practiced - like it was something he had done for his entire life. Dorian straightened his torn jacket, his clothes mostly preserved by some form of magic, and ran both hands through his soaked hair, squeezing out the water and shaking one last time for good measures. "Dorian, Lady of Fate." he introduced himself, looking worse for wear. A chunk of his shoulder was missing and barely in the process of scabbing over, covered in a layer of melting icicles and frost. Not only that but his skin was covered in a fading fractal pattern of ruptured blood vessels - like he had been on the wrong end of a lightning bolt.

"Forgive me, a presence like yours is a good omen."

"Well? Did he pick up?" Eve asked from Zilla's right, in the coveted passenger seat. The faun had flat out refused to be shoved in the back again and Filipe had begrudgingly given up his spot up front, just to avoid more conflict. The ride was more peaceful after that, if you counted the occasional snide back and forth between Eve and Zilla as peaceful.

All the streets looked the same, but Eve occupied himself with searching them for Dorian. Stores were starting to close and the stall owners who had braved the wind and rain were finally packing away their wares and closing up shop. Suddenly...

Eve startled, grabbing the arm of his seat and pointed, nearly giving Zilla his very own black eye. "He's there! Stop the car!" Filipe made a disgruntled noise from the back seat when the car skidded to a stop.

Fashionable Explorer

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
(( I feel like I've been put on hold xD Anyone know where I can get more likes for my fan page in my signature? I only need four more likes to reach my current goal and idk what to do >,< ))
Hirosashi
A small boat pulled up to the shores of Isle de Gambino. On the boat was the 25 year old Hirosashi clad in all white camo uniform. Over his right shoulder was his PGM Ultima Ratio Hecate II .50 calibur anti-material sniper rifle. On the back left side of his belt was his 9mm glock 19. He was unshaven, dirty and bloody. His hair was unkempt, too long and messy, on his left wrist was a black wristband etched with a lightning bolt symbol. He held his long time blade, the Masamune in his left hand as he proceeded to step on the shores of the island.

"It's been a while since I've seen everyone. I wonder what they have been up to." he asked himself as he looked ahead at the base with his calm golden eyes.

He wiped the sweat from his tan face with his sleeve as he stepped forward toward home.

[ Isle de Gambino ]

The Suits had advised Hyde stay at the base and recuperate, but he couldn't cooperate. He had a duty to uphold, despite his strength having been drained significantly since his battle with Omicron. Despite his condition, the soldier still had hung a cigarette between his fangs. Having stayed around the docks to have a few words with the local pirates, he left the Suits to handle the Chiharu investigation, while he went to dig elsewhere... the marketplace district.
However, just as he was adjusting his sidearm and placing his fedora atop his head, he spotted a distant figure in the waters. A figure all too familiar, even with Hyde's one eye.

"No way... it can't be." His idle stance transforming into a sprint, he met the legendary soldier at the docks - he thought his eye betrayed him.
"Mishimura... it can't be you." He looked upon the man who was his old partner's brother, the soldier appearing just as battle prepped as ever. Hyde wondered if he ever did stop fighting? "I thought you settled down in Barton."
Captain Jessie Hawk
Neon Graffiti
Captain Jessie Hawk

Mel Reynolds

[ Isle de Gambino - Marketplace ]

"It ain't your skin they hate you for, boyo," Lee consoled him. "Don't take it too much to heart-- Whoa, what gives?!" Lee yanked the oh-s**t handle the moment the car buckled to a stop in front of a short, familiar looking broad. His temper taking hold, the tall Irishman erupted from the car and shook his fist. "Hey, what're you, blind?!" He barked, till the rain begun to subside and Mel's face came into view. His anger following suit, he clapped the door shut and approached her with a threatening smirk.
"Well, well, well... you. What do you know?" Lee remarked, snidely. "Outta the way, kid. The big boys have got adult business to take care of. I'm not afraid to hit a girl!"
He was. But he wanted to come off as tough as he could to avoid hurting her, since he knew Katherine's kid would have one helluva hissy if he did, and probably cause an earthquake or something.

::Listening to Lee, the young Dark Elf was still a bit confused. This was Mel right? He knew her, didn't know her well enough. A tough lass, from what he remembered, but a friend of his. Had everything truly changed so much, that even old friends were now enemies? Luna was gone, Neon was somewhat himself but he seemed a bit off. He was approached by some lad who loved to talk about everything and anything, with out truly giving any explanation. What had he missed.::

"Hi' a lass? I can' le' ye do tha' mate. Mel be a frien' las' I checke'. No nee' to hi' anyone."

( No, no! You're not being put on hold, Jesse! I was just waiting for Mel's post. xD But I can do a little small talk in between. And I'll like your page, bro! )

"Ah-- well, I wasn't actually gonna hit her..." Lee whispered to Jesse, then asked, "Wait, you know her? ... is she a pirate?" Now Lee was thoroughly confused. He wished Fortuna were here - she certainly knew more about people like Mel than he did.
"She's probably butt-hurt because she lost the title of "Guardian of Gambino." Get over it, sister! It's over!" The way things sounded, anybody listening would think the two were a bickering couple. "I thought you weren't coming back... way to prove me wrong, I'll give you that."
X_Sparkie_X

"No." Zilla remarked, one hand on the wheel, the other snapping his phone shut. "He didn't pick up. Probably busy eating sushi off a stripper, or something..." Zilla muttered, already in a bad mood. He found the paved streets of the marketplace closing in on him, forcing him to drive less recklessly.
At Eve's sudden instruction, he slammed on the breaks, and in his headlights was Dorian... and the leader of the Moerae Clan. Zilla felt his heart stop with the car. Jumping out of his car, his men following him, Zilla marched over to the two. "Fortuna," he said, eyeing the significantly smaller missus. "Leave him alone. He's with us," He assured her, straining to appear tough. His eyes, meanwhile, made a look around to make sure she wasn't backed by any more of her Irish cronies.

"Where's Mahina!"
Neon Graffiti

Ooc:

Lonely Raider

7,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Brandisher 100
Neon Graffiti
Captain Jessie Hawk
Neon Graffiti
Captain Jessie Hawk

Mel Reynolds

"It ain't your skin they hate you for, boyo," Lee consoled him. "Don't take it too much to heart-- Whoa, what gives?!" Lee yanked the oh-s**t handle the moment the car buckled to a stop in front of a short, familiar looking broad. His temper taking hold, the tall Irishman erupted from the car and shook his fist. "Hey, what're you, blind?!" He barked, till the rain begun to subside and Mel's face came into view. His anger following suit, he clapped the door shut and approached her with a threatening smirk.
"Well, well, well... you. What do you know?" Lee remarked, snidely. "Outta the way, kid. The big boys have got adult business to take care of. I'm not afraid to hit a girl!"
He was. But he wanted to come off as tough as he could to avoid hurting her, since he knew Katherine's kid would have one helluva hissy if he did, and probably cause an earthquake or something.

::Listening to Lee, the young Dark Elf was still a bit confused. This was Mel right? He knew her, didn't know her well enough. A tough lass, from what he remembered, but a friend of his. Had everything truly changed so much, that even old friends were now enemies? Luna was gone, Neon was somewhat himself but he seemed a bit off. He was approached by some lad who loved to talk about everything and anything, with out truly giving any explanation. What had he missed.::

"Hi' a lass? I can' le' ye do tha' mate. Mel be a frien' las' I checke'. No nee' to hi' anyone."

( No, no! You're not being put on hold, Jesse! I was just waiting for Mel's post. xD But I can do a little small talk in between. And I'll like your page, bro! )

"Ah-- well, I wasn't actually gonna hit her..." Lee whispered to Jesse, then asked, "Wait, you know her? ... is she a pirate?" Now Lee was thoroughly confused. He wished Fortuna were here - she certainly knew more about people like Mel than he did.
"She's probably butt-hurt because she lost the title of "Guardian of Gambino." Get over it, sister! It's over!" The way things sounded, anybody listening would think the two were a bickering couple. "I thought you weren't coming back... way to prove me wrong, I'll give you that."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ East Market Street ]

Fortuna giggled at Dorian's playfulness, tucking the foil away in her jacket as to not litter. But her cheerful expression was wiped clean as Dorian's wolfy extremities receded and exposed very real, very human wounds.
"Dorian..." She spoke as a worried mother would, creasing careful hands over his central cut. The bleeding had stopped, but was still fresh, and needed attention. "Do not apologize, wolf child. You got into quite the scuffle, didn't you...?" She observed, inspecting him. She looked up at him, knowingly. "Was it Kinza?"

Mel shook her head at Lee. "You think I lost it no our power is gone because everyone failed beside what would you know all you do is hide like the rest of the cowerds never seen real combat have you?" Mel looked to Jessie. "You should go to barton old friend Fang is frozen in an eternal Ice spell thier."

Mel drew her foot back in a fighters pose as she motioned Lee to come at her if he didn't she would come at him. Her vampire heart was pumping really good on her new diet.
X_Sparkie_X

Kiken Rider

[ East Market Street ]

Fortuna giggled at Dorian's playfulness, tucking the foil away in her jacket as to not litter. But her cheerful expression was wiped clean as Dorian's wolfy extremities receded and exposed very real, very human wounds.
"Dorian..." She spoke as a worried mother would, creasing careful hands over his central cut. The bleeding had stopped, but was still fresh, and needed attention. "Do not apologize, wolf child. You got into quite the scuffle, didn't you...?" She observed, inspecting him. She looked up at him, knowingly. "Was it Kinza?"
Out of nowhere, the two's moment was broken by the appearance of the natives. Fortuna seemed unnerved, almost inviting when they arrived. "Namaste, Zilla," She urged him, she herself having just calmed down a werewolf, and didn't want him riled up. "We were just talking. Weren't we, Dorian?" Reaching into her coat and removing her own natural ointment, she dabbed a bit unto her fingers and administered it with care, urging him to "keep still." "He's hurt, Zilla. He needs a healer's touch."

Fashionable Explorer

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
Mel Reynolds
Neon Graffiti
Captain Jessie Hawk
Neon Graffiti
Captain Jessie Hawk

Mel Reynolds

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ East Market Street ]

Mel shook her head at Lee. "You think I lost it no our power is gone because everyone failed beside what would you know all you do is hide like the rest of the cowerds never seen real combat have you?" Mel looked to Jessie. "You should go to barton old friend Fang is frozen in an eternal Ice spell thier."

Mel drew her foot back in a fighters pose as she motioned Lee to come at her if he didn't she would come at him. Her vampire heart was pumping really good on her new diet.

"Pirate? Nay Lee, from wha' I remember she was a Gambino Soldier."

::Jessie thought for a few moments, then Mel got his attention.::

"Eternal Ice Spell? in Barton? How di' tha' happen? Mel if ye can be o' any help, tell me wha' ye know. Apparently we gotta brin' balance back to this 'ere Islan'!"

::Jessie looked over to Lee real quick.::

"Ready to brin' back one o' the Pirate Lord's o' Ol'?"

Anxious Fatcat

9,800 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Neon Graffiti

Kiken Rider

And a good omen she was too! The rain stopped and the clouds broke, letting out the few precious rays of the setting sun. Car doors slammed and when Eve shouted Dorian's name Fortuna's worries fell on deaf ear. His face lit up and the two were drawn towards each other like magnets.

"Oh Gaia, look at you! You are a mess." Eve fussed, getting a good look at the state Dorian was in. He went for a hug and then hesitated, confused by Fortuna's presence. "Was Dorian bothering you?" He asked.

Meanwhile, Dorian's hand instinctively went to Eve’s face, turning it this way and that to get a better look. He stared hard at the bruise and frowned, absently rubbed his thumb across the scar on Eve's opposite cheek. "Yeah, talking..." said Dorian, letting Fortuna tend to his aching shoulder.

"Which one hit you?" Dorian sweet talked, far less concerned with his own injuries. "I can kill whoever did it for you…” Eve made a face, but didn’t push for answers.
Slait
[Isle De Gambino - The "Other" Docks]
Slait shrugged at Mahina's threats. "That's not gonna help ya much later. Might wanna cool it a bit on the death threats." He turned back to Kira. "I'm hoping to get Luna's location out of this one. I'm gonna take her to IDG PD for safe keeping until we can get her some better accommodations. Come along if you like, you seem invested in this."

He looked to the sky. The light of day was starting to fade and the sun would be making it's daily retreat soon. He didn't want to be outside too much longer... It was likely Mahina's gang wouldn't take this sitting down. "I better get moving." He started his trudge back to the station.

"Mahina, Straight up... I know cutting you loose would not be a good idea, lass. Yer dangerous. Ya gotta rep. One that I'm certain yer proud of." He took a breath as he trudged along. "But truthfully the only thing here that I give half a care about is getting Luna back home safely. So I'll make you a deal. You tell me what I need to know, and I'll make certain you won't see more than a week in that cell." It seemed fair to him... He caught her once, he'd do it again if she kept acting up.

[ Isle de Gambino ]

Slait's guitar had effectively rendered Mahina lapsed of power, but little signs of fight still showed in her defiant tone.
"Forgive me if I'm not very talkative. I'm not exactly eager to make deals with a Gambino dog." Mahina spat, whilst she was dragged through the sand. "Humiliating. At the mercy of the enemy. You think that's what this is about? A rep??" She hissed, looking up at him. But as the reality of the situation slowly sunk into her, she chewed back her fury, in favor of more a more tactical thinking. There would be no getting through to this pawn, she knew it. But it was worth a shot.
"If you just sat and listened to me, I'm sure you'd see my side of things. But I'll play your game," The goddess avoided Kira's prying eyes, instead peeking up at Slait, the man in power here. "The aquarium, bottom floor. But unless you want to face retaliation, I'd let this parasite of yours let me regain at least some of my power so I can relay it telepathically to my men," Slait might have found this far-fetched, but she continued to explain, "Don't believe me? How do you think they followed my orders to leave me behind?"

Tipsy Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Kiken Rider
Slait
Slait shrugged at Mahina's threats. "That's not gonna help ya much later. Might wanna cool it a bit on the death threats." He turned back to Kira. "I'm hoping to get Luna's location out of this one. I'm gonna take her to IDG PD for safe keeping until we can get her some better accommodations. Come along if you like, you seem invested in this."

He looked to the sky. The light of day was starting to fade and the sun would be making it's daily retreat soon. He didn't want to be outside too much longer... It was likely Mahina's gang wouldn't take this sitting down. "I better get moving." He started his trudge back to the station.

"Mahina, Straight up... I know cutting you loose would not be a good idea, lass. Yer dangerous. Ya gotta rep. One that I'm certain yer proud of." He took a breath as he trudged along. "But truthfully the only thing here that I give half a care about is getting Luna back home safely. So I'll make you a deal. You tell me what I need to know, and I'll make certain you won't see more than a week in that cell." It seemed fair to him... He caught her once, he'd do it again if she kept acting up.

[ Isle de Gambino ]

Slait's guitar had effectively rendered Mahina lapsed of power, but little signs of fight still showed in her defiant tone.
"Forgive me if I'm not very talkative. I'm not exactly eager to make deals with a Gambino dog." Mahina spat, whilst she was dragged through the sand. "Humiliating. At the mercy of the enemy. You think that's what this is about? A rep??" She hissed, looking up at him. But as the reality of the situation slowly sunk into her, she chewed back her fury, in favor of more a more tactical thinking. There would be no getting through to this pawn, she knew it. But it was worth a shot.
"If you just sat and listened to me, I'm sure you'd see my side of things. But I'll play your game," The goddess avoided Kira's prying eyes, instead peeking up at Slait, the man in power here. "The aquarium, bottom floor. But unless you want to face retaliation, I'd let this parasite of yours let me regain at least some of my power so I can relay it telepathically to my men," Slait might have found this far-fetched, but she continued to explain, "Don't believe me? How do you think they followed my orders to leave me behind?"
Slait smiled. His tone had reverted to his tired one from before. He was glad to have that information. It meant she was still alive. He was also glad she was talking in forms that weren't bloodthirsty insults or proclamations. It was progress, and he was willing to continue down this road if he was able.

"You want me to listen to your side? I can do that. I'm not unsympathetic, and I CAN hear you out. I promise that I'll lend an unbiased ear. But first, Listen to MY side." He pulled the cord a little higher on his back so she wouldn't drag her feet on the ground as roughly. "I had no reason to know your name or give a care about anything you were doing until you kidnapped one of the few people that still call me a friend, or trust me to even a small extent. She's also my replacement, and she's needed right now. If you think this is about breaking the law, or me trying to stop injustice or whatever bullocks might drive a cop, you're wrong. Hell with the job. This is personal for me..."

He grunted. The sky dimmed further and in the distance, a crescent rose slowly into view as he walked along. The stars were eager to show themselves, being spotted here and there as the sky darkened, but the lights of civilization thwarted them for the most part as they stepped onto the road and proceeded towards more popular areas.

"That said, I don't know much about you or your gang. If this information is right, we'll be square, or at least as square as I think we're gonna get, you and I. And to answer your request, No, I'm not gonna let you do that. I'm generous, not stupid. If you have that power, then you can just as easily tell them to kill her or move her before we get there. I don't have reason to trust that you wouldn't and I've dealt with people in the past who would do that in a heartbeat."
X_Sparkie_X

Slait

"Hey! Answer me, fleabag!" Zilla was not going to entertain Dorian's silent treatment, and moved to garner his attention through more physical means. "What, you mad your little Bambi got a lump? That was a love tap! You're next if you don't...!" But midway through his intention, he caught Fortuna's sour glare, and bit back his words. Squeezing his fist, he remained the word of order in his crew, but could not summon up will to shake down Dorian, in fear of angering Fortuna. For, as the scar across his chest reminded him, bad things tended to happen when she was angry.
"You let 'em have her, didn't you, you mangy b***h?" Zilla spat, lower, but still lined with that same venom.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

[ Isle de Gambino ]

Mahina's struggled to catch up with Slait's feet, eventually finding an awkward, forced walk. She'd never felt so humiliated.
However, this little talk she was having with Slait proved useful. If she could pray on his ignorance, perhaps she could do so long enough before the more informed authorities got to her. It appeared Slait was unaware of her crusade to take back the island by force, and she was fine with that. The less he knew, the better.
Mahina snickered. "I admire you for that," She said, remarking his unwavering inability to give her any kind of magical leeway. "Fine. Square. But I have a request," She said. "I don't want to be anywhere near the Gaia Police Department. If this is between you and me; prove it. Hold me elsewhere till you get your precious replacement."
X_Sparkie_X

Kiken Rider

Captain Jessie Hawk

Mel Reynolds

"No, not bothering at all," Fortuna assured Eve, barely concerned over the rabblerousers. "He's been a delight. But it's this wound that bothers me," She went on to explain, finishing with Dorian's cut, letting the fresh air begin slow, painless coagulation.
Sensing animosity in Zilla's tone, Fortuna, of all people, was first to step forward. The pint-sized girl lay in shadow of Zilla's gargantuan, surf toned physique, stretching any and all possibility that she would be able to sway him.
"Please try and calm down, Zilla." Fortuna suggested, behind all her dreadlocks. Reaching out to him, she grabbed loosely his hand. "I can tell you're under a lot of stress. Your guests deserve a warm place to stay the night - why not join us? We'll have a lot to talk about." She smiled cheerily, but behind it, Zilla would know the power of a goddess. His new found power only allowed her seeing eyes to pierce his conscience deeper. At least when he was human, his body was blissfully unaware of the full extent of her power - now that he was something else, his body had now a clear view of the tier that separated the two.
"I'll only keep them a night, I promise. Is that fine?" But Zilla knew, in his heart, he had no choice.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lee chuckled confidently, more than prepared to meet Mel's challenge with an entire can of whoop-sauce. "All right, you just hang tight there, matey. Daddy's gotta give this little lady a spanking," The gangster said, crunching his knuckles in anticipation.
"Not all of them," He said, in response to Mel's words about the Guardians' failure. "Not all of them failed. So stop talking at me like you know me!" Lee was letting his rage spill over, but Jesse managed to put it out with marks of curiosity.
"Hey, who you gonna believe? Some deserter? Or...?" Wanting to say "me", Lee caught himself in a contradiction. "Well," he muttered. "That shouldn't matter! What ever happened to setting the Gambino pirates straight, huh? Does this 'Fang' guy really mean anything to you?" Lee was lost. He did chew over the prospect of reviving the old pirate royalty, since without them the sea rogues had run rampant without purpose or organization, and that, in turn, was bad for their business. Professional smugglers only came in handfuls, and he didn't need any more of Kallias' nagging about the failing market.

Tipsy Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Kiken Rider

[ Isle de Gambino ]

Mahina's struggled to catch up with Slait's feet, eventually finding an awkward, forced walk. She'd never felt so humiliated.
However, this little talk she was having with Slait proved useful. If she could pray on his ignorance, perhaps she could do so long enough before the more informed authorities got to her. It appeared Slait was unaware of her crusade to take back the island by force, and she was fine with that. The less he knew, the better.
Mahina snickered. "I admire you for that," She said, remarking his unwavering inability to give her any kind of magical leeway. "Fine. Square. But I have a request," She said. "I don't want to be anywhere near the Gaia Police Department. If this is between you and me; prove it. Hold me elsewhere till you get your precious replacement."
[Isle de Gambino - Wandering over yander]
He felt the wind breeze past, bringing a cold chill that foretold of colder temperatures later on that night. It wasn't fast enough to carry a whisper with it, but it was enough to make him feel lucky that he had brought his sweater on this particular trip. It smelled faintly of salt water, but considering they were this close to the ocean, it would have been odd if it hadn't.

Truthfully, His GM orders had fallen in line with his personal intent this time. So even though he considered getting Luna back a personal goal for many reasons, he also had the orders to back him up. So it wasn't entirely between the two of them. But he didn't have any obligation to explain that, nor did he particularly feel like it. He'd said enough already.

He paid the complement no mind. "That's a negative. GPD is the only place that might be secure enough to hold you, and it's the only place I'd be comfortable leaving you." He spoke almost leisurely. While in the back of his mind, he was clawing to go look for Luna at the location Mahina had given, he couldn't move Mahina around securely if he went any faster, so this was the speed they were stuck at. There wasn't much point fretting over it. "Though I do understand the trepidation a criminal may have towards a police station. Tough luck, but if what you said was true than you shouldn't have a very long stay. Having second thoughts, are ya...?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff