What god do you worship?

Gaia, Goddess of the Earth 0.46153846153846 46.2% [ 18 ]
Nyx, God of the Night 0.53846153846154 53.8% [ 21 ]
Total Votes:[ 39 ]

Slait

X_Sparkie_X

[ Isle de Gambino ]

Mahina made an ugly face. "Do I have a choice?"
Powerless in every respect, Mahina followed Slait's direction, but that didn't stop her from planning her next course of action. Without her magic, she couldn't relay telepathic messages to her comrades, however... she still had one last thing up her sleeve. Nobody said liberating the island would be easy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ Isle de Gambino - East Market Street ]

Her spell of kindness didn't linger; the moment she traced his fingers, he flicked his hand back as if she were a leper. "Don't try and scare me, sheila," Zilla warned her, palming his fingers like she had cursed him or something. "You dunno what you're messing with."
A phone call for Zilla broke the confrontation. Thinking it to be Ichiro, Zilla answered the call almost instinctively, and what he heard left his beach-bleached skin pale.
"Mamala." He gasped, his feet taking him opposite of where his eyes glued, as if to say, "You did this." Ending the call, he gave the call to his boys to leave their guests in Fortuna's company, and they all packed back into the car.
"I won't forget this, Fortuna." He said, exing out the leader of the Moerae as he turned the wheel that carried him out of her territory.

Greedy Lunatic

User Image

[Isle de Gambier - Location, unknown]

A groan, then a cough, then a shake. Luna's ears flickered as her senses came rushing back to her like a wave to the face. "Eh-ha!" she gasped, her eyes sparking open as if she was actually hit with a wave, panting for no apparent reason.

"Mmmff...!" she tried to speak, noticing she had been muzzled or gagged (she couldn't tell), her vision slowly coming into focus. The bright white slowly forming into what looked like lights shining down on her, it didn't take long to realize that she had been starring at the ceiling this whole time.

In a panic, her breathing sporadic, her chest rose and feel between the belts that bound her, her nails clawing at the metal slab she seemed to be strapped to. Her bell collar jingled as she tossed and turned and not a moment sooner did a sound of sliding doors resonated in those flickering ears.

"Awake?"

Only muffled screams responded.

"Eck, relax, you'll be fine," the voice, familiar yet not, hushed over her panic. With the zipper sound of a motor, the table slowly tilted itself forward, the blood draining from her face as a doctor holding a syringe came into view

"Just relax kitty, I'm happy to see you safe and sound. But we have work to do," the tone borderline condescending as he flicked the needle, drops of whatever splashing out to the side.

((I really wanted to post, but have idea what's going on... So I'm just going to post now... Lol))

Fashionable Explorer

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
((It's okay Luna, I have no idea still and I've been involved xD))

Greedy Lunatic

User Image

[Luna's Dreamscape]

Whispers. Wisps of wind; shallow hums of voices.

Words. Words emerging like ice cubes in a glass of liquid; forming sentences; phrases.

Light. Light peeling into pupils, sight bringing forth new truths.

Bubbles… her first thought as her azure pupils reached the feint green hue of the liquid she was floating in. Low hums of voices could be heard from the other side of the glass.

Her ears twitched, barely making out the vibrations as they formed into words. “Fifty Five is--“

((This was part of the "seed" post that was leading up to this post all of 2 years ago, page 7 of this thread. In case you want to read the original foreshadow to this story, check this: http://bit.ly/1ySukMT. Read that before going to the next part of this post if you want the full experience!!))

A jolt, a gasp and she was up... just like before. Her panting breaths started subsiding and she arose from the steel slab that she was once belted to, realizing she must have lost consciousness again. She took a moment to take in her surroundings, now that she had that luxury. The room was tiled white, in a dome like shape. At about 3 quarters of the way up, she was surrounded by windows, obviously the observation deck into the surgery room. The steel slab that she sat on was nothing more than an operating table, yet there were no outlets, no instruments, no signs of any real work that had been done in the room. She did notice chromed grates on the floor however; drains? She didn't want to think about it.

She looked down noticing her clothes had been given back, save for her boots and gauntlets, with a small addition to her left arm. With a blink, she reached over to her bicep, a tad hesitant to unravel the red ribbon.

With a tug at the fabric, the bow slid and peeled off her arm, a little dot on the surface of her skin was all that could be seen. A moment passed before she looked around, the flurry of images of a doctor with a syringe came into view.

F*$&ing S^*#, what was I injected with..., she thought, not... feeling any different. She shimmied her way over to the side of the cold slab, gently putting one bare foot on the cold, white tiled floor, before the other followed. Crossing her arms, holding her biceps, she slowly walked towards the door, starting to notice the chill in the air; so sterile, so... eerie.

As she approached the door, the door slid open. Set up? Obviously...

Arms still folded, she peaked around the corner, then the other corner. Hallways were vacant. She picked a direction, right (because that's always right), and started a quick jog down the hallway. Exit signs blinked at the corners of the hallways, her choices seemed easy, and all along the way, she was searching for something, blunt or sharp, to defend herself with, even a tray would do, but nothing showed up. Her heart began to pound, was she going to get away?

She made it to the fire exit, the spiral staircase leading upward - they must have been underground, that's good to know. Without hesitation, she began to sprint, skipping steps and pulling on the rails to further her momentum. Finally, she reached the top door.

With a twist of the handle, she made her way in. As she sauntered down the hallways, no windows or natural light present indicating she was still underground, she continued to look for a way up. It wasn't long until the hallway, after a few rights and lefts (like a labyrinth, honestly) reached a double door with hazard strips painted along the edges. It was no exit, but Luna's curious mind couldn't help but wonder if she could possibly take a peak. She pressed her palm against the push levers of the door and slowly creaked it forward, just a crack, that's all she needed. The room was dark inside, but so was everything else about this place.

She opened the door a little bit more, her breath semi labored from all the running, sweat dripping from her temples and chin, her chest feeling just the tiniest bit tighter than usual. As she widened the door even more, the light from the hallways poured in, the room that she could see with those feline eyes of hers, showed tools, gadgets, machinery, wires scattered all about the table tops, counters, floors. Maybe I can use thi-- her thoughts were caught off guard when the lights flipped on, that buzzing hum drumming through her ears until it finally subsided.

She took a step back, frightened before a voice from inside beckoned.

"Number 55, you're awake. Good," the doctor spoke as he walked through the sliding doors with a clip board and two armed body guards besides him. Now that she could see him fully, he wasn't all that intimidating. A skinny man with black, combed hair, horned rimmed glasses and a slouch that was hard not to notice. The room was blindingly white, as was his lab coat, but the fatigues that the guards wore were familiar.

"And I’m glad you ran through my little maze," he smiled, his eyes lifting from his clip board, "your increased heart rate should help spread the venom." Luna gasped, her eyes wide as her hand covered her left arm, the shot spot on her bicep. "Now, 55, we can talk."

Luna took a step back as they drew nearer, but suddenly felt two arms wrap around hers lifting her small frame off the ground and into room, doors closing and sealing behind her. Her struggles were pointless against these guards (now 4 in the room) without her boots or gauntlets. Her chest tightened a tad more...

They sat her down in the center, facing this brushed aluminum cylinder, wires and things spewing from the sides of it. "H-hey!" she bucked as they violently shoved the chair forward, just inches from the doctor.

"55, tell--"

"Who the F#$% is 55?! What did you do to me?!" she lunged at the doctor, bursting from her chair, more vicious than ever, but was thoroughly restrained by the guards behind her, pulling at her shoulders and forcing her back to her seat.

The doctor reached into his coat and gingerly slid a Walther P99 from its holster. He pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose, “I guess you deserve an explanation, this is probably all very confusing.”

He cleared his throat. “You, my dear, are Experimental Clone Model Alpha 55 or ECMA055. Codename“ he paced the floors around her, “55.” Luna jolted at the thought, experiment? Hardly!

“No… impossible,” she scoffed, finding sanctuary in holding her jingling bell, inscribed with the letters L and V. “My name’s Luna Vitesse, Tech Director of Gambino’s Army and Head Science Officer at G-Corp.”

The doctor paused for a moment, perplexed, until he saw her reach for her bell. Then, without warning, burst into laughter, that kind of humiliating laughter that leaves you, the outsider, cold and embarrassed without knowing why. “W-wait a minute,” he rubbed the tears from his eyes, “Luna… Vitesse?” sighing as he started to catch his breath and composure. “Where in the world did you concoct such a name?”

“Huh? My father g-“

“Simply hysterical… you gave yourself a name from the bell collar around your neck,” his hand reached his face as he tried to hold in more laughter. “The L and the V… come on, you’re smart, think.”

She paused, eyes frantically jumping from one place to the next trying to figure it out. What the hell was he taking about?

“L. V. Put them together, you get LV. It’s nothing more than the roman numerals for 55.”

“....W-what?”

Fashionable Explorer

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
((Everyone I"m freaking out! Jurassic World Trailer!! heart heart heart heart heart mrgreen mrgreen biggrin biggrin biggrin heart heart heart heart rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl I am so happy! ))
Captain Jessie Hawk

( Ditto Jesse! I can't wait to see the Raptor Attack Squad. xD The trailer gave off this kinda predator-prey Alien thriller theme, and I am digging it. I can't wait to see the new dino, but I also can't wait to see my old favorites. I'm kinda bummed though! I was hoping they'd cast the kids from the first movie, but that's no big deal. x3

And dude! Did you catch my last Lee-post aimed at you...? o-o It's on the last page. )

Greedy Lunatic

User Image

The feeling in her chest tightened again. Her words escaped her, a wave of depression rising, just cresting, ready to break as the idea of her being this ECMA055 started to solidify in truth. Flashes of days spent in G-corps psych ward came into mind. They called her by the name Luna - the visits were mandatory, all employees needed to have a check up every now and again. Every month in fact. But now that she was trying to remember herself, she couldn't recollect anything passed the last meeting, just before she left to return to the Gambino Military. What was the doctors name, again?

Doctor... Scar--

"Doctor Scarlett Coley, was her name. Quite a sense of humor on that one. Scarlett thought, since you were borrowing the genes of a feline, why not give you a bell. That's nothing more than a 'dog' tag, so-to-speak," he chuckled at his own mini pun.

All rage quickly faded, and in its place, this cold, hollow feeling like ice in her chest, ice that wouldn't melt. "So... then.... what am I... even?" her eyes locked on her knees and bare feet.

"You are a clone; a near perfect re-representation of your original," he rustled out a picture from his lab coat, obviously ready for these questions, possibly trying to buy her cooperation through the form of mending this slowly tearing heart of hers.

The picture was old, the digital date on the bottom of the gloss read nearly 24 years ago. On the left, a young woman, blonde, with red rimmed glasses that matched her also red lipstick, blue eyes and kind of a ditsy expression as a much older man, arm wrapped around the woman, dragging her down a bit. Something started stirring in the back of her mind, her eyes scouring every facet of the man. Her chest tightened again, breathing was becoming difficult.

He, too, wore a lab coat. Grey hairs, parted, clean cut. His eyes were also blue, a tad lighter than the woman's, but maybe that was old age. No glasses, but a freckle on his left cheek. And, almost immediately, when her eyes skimmed over that beauty mark, did she get this overwhelming sense of familiarity, as if she was unlocking a completely new side to her memories. That silhouette that would always be too dark to see when she tried to remember him started to be picked apart by light.

"D-daddy?," she covered her mouth, tears starting to well up in her eyes.

"Her name was Dr. Rita Fleischmann. And this was her father, Dr. Martin Fleischmann," he picked the picture from her hands and put it back into this pocket, leaning up against the table with the mechanical cylinder behind him, putting the clipboard down, but still holding his P99.

"24 years ago, we were in the midst of the scientific breakthrough. Dr. Martin Fleischmann had discovered that it was, in fact, possible to speed up and slow down time; our 4th dimension." The scientist adjusted his glasses, "how, you ask? Through the acceleration and deceleration of a being on a molecular level. Relativity. If your sped up, the world around you will seem slower. Speed up enough and you'll be invisible to the human eye while the world feels as if it was standing still."

He continued, "The research was expensive, exorbitantly so, and the only group willing to fund it, or that even could fund it, was the Sendo family. And, when proven, the rights to the information were theirs. That then brought on our next project. Project Breitling."

The name chimed in her mind, bells were ringing but it was still hollow. All of this sounded familiar, but none of it was leading to other information. She simply sat quietly and listened.

"After a year of failures and road blocks, Dr. Fleischmann sourced new talent, his daughter, Dr. Rita Fleischmann. Fresh out of school, yet top of her class and only at the age of 21, a leading physicist in the scientific community. Needless to say, she was happily accepted into Project Breitling." He cleared his throat, "those two," he laughed, "they were inseparable, like Sherlock and Watson. Almost as if they didn't even need physical ways of communication, they just... knew," he motioned with his hands in a shrugging gesture. "And as we made progress, and I mean serious progress, we drew nearer and nearer to the projects completion. Four years passed and it was time for a live test. Our test animals all tested successfully, so Rita volunteered as our first Human test subject," he adjusted his glasses again and cleared his throat. "All systems were green, we had done this... countless times up to this point. So, we locked her into the machine and..." he, again, cleared his throat.

"...Flipped the switch."

Greedy Lunatic

User Image

"It was only seconds, but in those seconds... only screams. And in those moments, all of our work, my work, were amounting to nothing. What a set back," he shook his head, as if not even phased that she had previously died. "Something in the machine accelerated certain parts of Dr. Rita Fleischmann while decelerating others, causing her heart to... more or less explode," Luna cringed at the idea as he continued with the thought. "And with our lead scientist being a bloody mess, her father, the next greatest mind on the team began to break. Some shards of him started to crack as we tried to continue the research, but all was for not. Failure after failure, the Sendo started to become nervous. With the trust lost in our team, they sought a geneticist to add to the project. Our remaining funds were then shifted, refocused into perfect genetic cloning, or PGC. And here we introduce Dr. Scarlett Coley. You may have met with her... recently... well, relatively recently, I suppose."

Luna nodded, "my psychiatrist at G-Corp."

The doctor shook his head, "no, your previous master and, I suppose, your 'un-biological' mother. She was the mind that created you. Her researched, unlike Dr. Martin Fleischmann's, was focused on creating a spitting image of someone while keeping true to their memories, talents, traits, habits, everything. At the end of the day, we are but a make up of chemicals, proteins and electrical currents. What's stopping us from recreating that? You could imagine, Martin was ecstatic with the idea. To hold his little girl again, to be with his one joy in this nasty, filthy world again, he had no choice."

The doctor paced the floors around Luna, "one failure after the next, morphed... creatures... monsters... they were hideous. And one after another, we killed it and started over. After ECMA046, Dr. Martin Fleischmann, now well into his 60's, just couldn't hold it together. After killing his daughter over and over, again and again for 46 times... it would drive anyone to destruction. And that's just what happened. We returned to the Sendo's laboratory the next day to find the entire lab, the entire facility and all of our life's work set ablaze, nothing left but ashes. Both Fleischmann, now passed, the bloodline of truly innovative geniuses.... leaving my life, a complete and utter waste."

He walked to what looked to be a glass coil of some kind, tapping it with his pistol, Luna's ears flickering the high pitched clinking noises. "Scarlett... that clever girl, found a way though. When the project disbanded, Sendo losing hundreds of millions on the project, fired the rest of us and cut their losses, but Scarlett had the blueprints all to herself. All in a few strands of DNA. She pitched the idea directly to their competitors, G-corp jumping on it almost immediately when they heard that not only would they have found the way to artificially create people, both memories, skills and talents, but when that did come into fruition, so would the molecular accelerator. 5 years passed, and I'm assuming 8 more failed clones before she found out the one thing we were missing all along, the single brick that would keep the entire building together. Animal DNA. Something in our genetic make up was far too complex, so much so that our systems couldn't match the the DNA perfectly and would come back with a broken mess every time. She used her cat... and you were born."

Luna stuttered, her voice crackled, "I am... a monster."

"Not quite," he shoved a finger into the air, "you're a genius and the creator of this, "he patted the metal cylinder on the table in front of her, "the newest model of the molecular accelerator.

"I created... this?"

"Yes, yes, indeed. Under Scarlett's supervision, you see. I've been watching you, 55."

Breathing becoming harder, her hand reached for her chest.

"Ever since I learned that you were alive, your recent successes in the Gambino's Military was a dead giveaway, I've been noting your transfers to G-corp, then back again. I can only assume Scarlett's been ushering the board to bring you back to molecular accelerator for a time before letting you take a brief recess with your friends, then transferring you back. That's when I met this group of islanders. They were instrumental in locating you, locating the machine and bringing it all back here. And here we are. You will complete my work. Our work."

Luna's eyes stared blankly at the machine in front of her as he walked around the table, this big tube like thing, no bigger than a PC tower, flickered with lights, shimmering in it's brushed aluminum. "I've never seen this before," she muttered definitively.

The pistol cocked back as he went around to Luna, her ear flickering to the sound of a bullet popping out of the chamber and onto the cold tiled floor. "You do... we just need a little motivation to get those juices flowing." The cold barrel pressed up against her temple.

"See that panel in front of you? What's behind it?"

She stared at it, her eyes burning a hole through the metal casing, "I-I don't know!" she pleaded.

The doctor reached up, firing the first round into the ceiling, "What is behind the panel, 55."

Luna's ears pinned down, her head fuzzy from the incredibly loud bang of the P99. "I swear! I d-don't know!"

The smoking barrel pressed up against the back of her head, she could feel the heat from the metal through her hair. "Last chance..."

"Uhh... I.." then it dawned on her, "a... Cold... Fusion Core.. a CF Core," she then said confidently.

The doctor smiled and pushes his finger against the panel, the metal gently pushing itself out and sliding open to show a healthy glowing blue light that was obviously Luna's work.

"This is mine..." her chest tightened even more, her breath now wheezes.

"Ah, and last but not least, the venom, hence why you probably can't breath at the moment. This venom, not really venom, more like a nano virus, will slowly eat at your insides. It is completely dormant if treated properly, however, give it an hour and," checks his watch, "you'll start feeling ill. This will persist and elevate for one hour, in which you will undergo excruciating pain for one more hour. If not treated within that hour, you will die."

The words send her clasping at her chest, the wheezing getting heavier. "W-why?"

"Insurance, of course. Now, your hour has been up for 20 or 30 minutes now, you should start really feeling it very soon." And just like that, a shocking, shooting pain rammed its way up her spine, causing her to flinch and shutter. "Do you wa--"

"G-give me... the antidote."

"Then pledge your loyalty."

"...."

"No? Well now I want you to beg for it."

The pain started creeping through her arms as she jolted again, kicking the chair from out beneath her and falling to the cold tiles below. The guards stepping back for a moment as the doctor motioned not to take action. "That's right," he scoffed as he pulled out a cookie. She shifted her weight to her knees and reached for the cookie, her body stiffening as she grit her teeth. "You will need one cookie every hour, two hours max."

"All you have to say is 'I will do as you say, Dr. Otrera' ."

Her heaving started to become serious as sweat began to trickle down her brow and jaw line. Not able to think, her body panicking, she spoke the words he wanted to hear. With a pat on the head, he tossed the cookie onto the ground. She quickly snatched it up and stuffed it into her mouth. The taste of somewhat bitter and salty, but her body almost immediately started feeling fine again. She panted, gasping for air through each swallow before curling up on the ground as the doctor and the guards walked to the door they came from.

"I now own you. But I can't see why we can't have fun here. I made the antidote into cookies to show you that I, like Dr. Scarlett Coley, also have a sense of humor!" the doors slid open as his laughter hollowed out the hallways. And like that, the doors shut behind him.

She covered her face from the cameras as the tears started flowing, her weeps were silent as the information sunk in, so fresh in her mind.

Fashionable Explorer

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
Neon Graffiti
Captain Jessie Hawk

( Ditto Jesse! I can't wait to see the Raptor Attack Squad. xD The trailer gave off this kinda predator-prey Alien thriller theme, and I am digging it. I can't wait to see the new dino, but I also can't wait to see my old favorites. I'm kinda bummed though! I was hoping they'd cast the kids from the first movie, but that's no big deal. x3

And dude! Did you catch my last Lee-post aimed at you...? o-o It's on the last page. )

((I don't think so, can you re-post it, with just the lee part in it? That way I don't lose it cause I skim to see which parts involve my character so that way I can RP better, when I come up to other characters who know things I shouldn't.

Also that Raptor Attack Squad is going to not be an attack squad the whole movie. They will be the Raptors we all remember soon enough biggrin Also my biggest hype is that the best cameo in the movie is the return of Buttercup!! (that's what they named the T-Rex in the first movie!) She is coming back!))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff