Welcome to Gaia! ::

Omnipresent Poster

((Start a new day it seems.))

Greedy Werewolf

arrow Otami Ruins - North of Barton Town

The large imposing black male known only as "Bane" was seated on an ancient throne overlooking the ruined civilization of the Otami that he and his pack of Werewolves had now occupied and made their den of operations. He sat silently and let his mind wander a bit thinking of where he would send his soldiers next or which rival group he would attack to show his dominance of the Forested area of Barton. He ran his long pointed finger nails along the stone arm rest of the throne knowing his loyal pack was out deep in forest pushing his sphere of influence further and further reaching the more inhabited areas of Barton. His army was growing since his Wolf Soldiers were biting and turning certain people who were deemed worthy into Werewolves giving them not much of a choice, either join or be slaughtered.
Mr Maybe McGrath
(This get renewed?)

arrow Barton Streets

It took a while, but he found him. Broke the drunk's legs with a piece of rebar that Maybe found near the dumpster the drunk was sleeping in. The drunk was left to bleed out in the alley after Mr. Maybe stabbed him in the gut. Since he did it at night an in the alley, it was unlikely anyone saw it take place.

arrow Barton Suburbs

Currently, Mr. Maybe just slept in the rundown house he now owned. He completed his contract pretty sloppily though, so his best option was to just wait it out in his house.

The kill had been done, regardless. And all it took was a passing by hobo to confirm that someone had died in the drain of Barton's alleyways. The cops were eventually upon it. The crime scene was small to keep the alert low. It was best this way. That didn't underestimate the drunk's life, but it was not a priority to keep the news teams started.

Standing at the scene was Chen Ning, detective of the GPD. He was standing there against the hood of his police cruiser as the BPD investigated the scene. One of the cops walked over to him.

"Aren't you going to help them do forensics?"

The asian detective shrugged, answering: "There's no need for me. If there's fingerprints, there's nothing they can't do themselves."

"Yeah, but honestly, you're one of the top dogs around here."

Chen gave up a chuckle. "Is that what they say?"

He walked around to his cruiser, getting into the car.

"Where are you going?"

"To find some answers."

He then drove off from the scene.

arrow Barton Suburbs

Normally, someone who stabbed someone in such a desolate place where one of two things: they were either some petty thief or the drunk had did something to the wrong person. Either way, a good lead was checking the poorer sections of the town. Crime originated mostly from such a place. Likely place to get a lead on the murder suspect.

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Object of Affection 150
User Image
User Image

Sometimes the drawback of working in a code room all day was hearing about all the crime going on in the city, even one as usually quiet as Barton. Werewolf attacks were increasing, and today there had been a murder...a particularly vicious one in which the victim was not only stabbed, but his legs broken as well. Natalie was usually okay and was usually more than comfortable taking care of herself, but there were some days where the walk from the office, to her puppy's doggy daycare, to the parking garage where her car was, seemed a little too long, and she felt a little too vulnerable.

As she and Bogey left the doggy daycare, the pup happily trotting along on his leash, Natalie passed the alleyway where the murder had taken place. There were still cops around, and little Bogey seemed more apprehensive as he caught the scent of blood in the air. Natalie bent down and tried to comfort her little pup. "It's okay, sugar," she said softly. "You're okay. Mommy's okay. The car's close by."

((Feel free to ignore Natalie if you guys want; I'm just painfully bored tonight. lol))

Bogey:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mr Maybe McGrath

arrow Barton Suburbs

He woke up with a start. The hitman's eyes were alert as ever. Moving from the ragged couch to his bag, he searched for the police radio and quickly turned it on. Multiple reports were coming in but he only recognized one; the person on the line spoke of his contract. It was time for the murderer to throw the police off the trail.

Hopefully the police here have the same protocol as the last city.
Clearing his throat his began to speak in his most vague cop voice;

"653M Alert has been recieved from within the Barton Market about a code 213. We need all nearby police cruisers to respond immediately, copy."

Chen ignored the call through the walkie talkie. He wasn't here to run service calls for the BPD. He was on his own little cruise tonight, and he was going to make sure to find who may have done such a crime. There were crimes like it, but this one hit a sore spot. Mainly cause he, once upon a time, remember a woman and her kid being stabbed in an alleyway and left for dead. He grimaced about it. The though infuriated him.

He stopped in front of a house. There was some young guys out there sitting at their house. A bunch of guys in urban gang wear, with bandanas around their heads, their jeans sagged, and forties in her hands. They were men of different races. White, black, hispanic, it didn't matter. They hushed up as the cruiser stopped up to the house. Chen stepped out. He wasn't in uniform. His outfit was a formal long coat over business attire. A stylish detective look. He stepped toward the house. The group of men started to stir in place, standing and wondering what this law pig wanted with them. Interestingly, their house was across the street from the murderer's.

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
User Image
User Image

Natalie's puppy finally calmed down, but the whole time she was attempting to comfort little Bogey, she was listening to see if she could just happen to overhear more details about the killing. Maybe she could pass them along to the job.

And even if she couldn't overhear anything, she still had to get to her car. And it seemed like the shadows were a bit longer now...
((Location: Barton Streets))
Mr Maybe McGrath

Chen stopped there, just enough distance to not feel like he was intruding.

"Evening, gentlemen. How are you guys doing tonight," he asked, having a slight accent to his voice of Chinese, but speaking clearly enough.
Mr Maybe McGrath
Chen Ning

The skinniest of the four gang members stepped forward. A bit on the short side, the young latino man wore fairly baggy jeans and even more baggy t-shirt. It was as if they were a couple sizes too large. The bright orange bandana around his neck was the most noticable thing about him. His shaved head glistened with sweat, despite the weather.

"So, uh.. mind me asking what brings you around here officer," he asked, a latino accent emblazoned in his voice. "We're just watching cars pass by, no harm done." The other three seemed to shift nervously as he said this.

"I need to ask a couple of questions then I'll leave you all to your busy night here."

It was hard to tell if he was intentionally making fun of them or just trying to lighten the mood.

"How long have you guys been sitting out here tonight? I'm sure you seen a few people come and go by now, right?"

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
User Image
User Image

Natalie turned around, away from the cops and the alley, as she heard a voice addressing her, asking what the latest news was on the murder. "Oh! You startled me!" she admitted with a sheepish chuckle. "I'm havin' a hard time hearin' exactly what they're sayin', to be honest." She shook her head. "But that poor fella...makes me feel sad for him, whoever he was."

Bogey started sniffing at the man, but he approached with more caution than he usually did. Natalie looked at the little puppy's collar and noticed that it was showing yellow. Proceed with caution, just like at a traffic light. Natalie chuckled again and said, "Truth be told, I just came up here a few minutes ago. So I guess I'm just nosy and should probably stop bein' so nosy..."

Mr Maybe McGrath

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces