Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Sex Symbol

Name: Paris Milan
Better known as: The Bearded Lady

"Well these are lovely, but do they come in diamond, or perhaps AB stone? Emerald won't match my gown." It was a typical afternoon in Barton Town and one of the city's more... notable personalities was running her usual errands. The off-duty drag queen was preparing for a show at the Barton Rose Saloon, and everything had to be perfect, from her meticulously styled wig to her bedazzled pumps. Currently, she was in the local jewelry store, getting on the owner's last nerve.

"As I told you, sir, everything we have is on display." Clearly, Agatha was beginning to get aggravated. She had been dealing with the drag queen for all of fifteen minutes and answered the same question at least twice. Paris turned up her nose at the older woman. "Well how do you have emeralds in stock, but not diamonds? Who wears a green evening gown?" With a flip of her synthetic hair, the bearded lady turned on her heels. "I'll be back if I can't find diamonds elsewhere, but I doubt I'll have a problem with that~"

Currently: On her way out
Feeling: Did she just call me sir?

Explorer

arrow Barton Town Square

After Taifu helped the poor clumsy girl in her soaked dress out of the fountain and helped her on her way he stood in the middle of the quiet Town Square for a moment staring up at the bright sun in the blue sky and squinted his eyes a bit before he brought his hand up to shade and block the light beaming down brightening everything up. He then lowered his gaze and stared at the water rippling and gleaming from the sunlight in the fountain before he noticed an inscription on a metal plaque it seemed was added and attached to the fountain. It seemed to be a list of names and a picture of a creature inscribed as he silently read it in his mind.

"The Barton Massacre: This Memorial is dedicated to the Hero's/Heroines that gave their lives defending the citizens of Barton and driving away the Monster that ravaged the area almost a decade ago. The Beast was never found or slain, but the sacrifice of Fernando Rosso's Team of Gaian Meta-Humans saved the Town from complete destruction."

Taifu cocked his right eyebrow up as he could remember hearing something about this new's when It happened long ago but was just now reliving some memories and flashbacks letting his fingers trace his chin pondering quietly to himself. He remembered now why the sorcerers and powerful beings of Barton created the magic runes on everything within the Town Square ensuring that anyone or anything killed or destroyed within its walls would he resurrected or rebuilt within a weeks time as if it never occurred, this was a good insurance policy since the early days of Gaia were a bit more barbaric and could not risk the destruction of the Oldest Town choosing to make it a permanent and indestructible monument.

He heard a door close and it snapped him out of his deep thought process which didnt happen often as he turned to see a woman leaving the Jewelery shop hearing her high heels clicking on the cobblestones but something was amiss about her. Taifu had quite a radar when it came to the ladies but it was sending mixed signals to him making him wonder and raise his eyebrow again using his sight to catch a glimpse of the face and from the stubble realized who he was looking at. She was known as "Paris" and he had heard her name before and seen her around though he was usually stealing wallets or doing odd job's for gold when she was performing at the "Barton Rose Saloon".

He tried not to stare or anything since that would be rude and brought his gaze back down to the fountain this time pondering weather or not he should try and swipe some jewels from Agatha's shop but then again she knew his face aswell as his reputation as a kleptomaniac pickpocket so odds were bad she would let her eyes stray when he stepped inside.

Paris Is Burning

Questionable Sex Symbol

As she walked along the cobblestone streets, the drag queen pondered where she would go next. Let's see... I have the gown, the wig, and the jewelry. Now I just need to stone the gown and find some shoes to match before tonight. Size 14 pumps were hard to find, especially in a tiny little town like town like Barton. Most of Paris's shoes were custom-made, but they didn't match with everything, hence the importance of a good floor-length gown. I suppose I can skip the shoes... It would be cheaper just to buy an extra yard of fabric and fix the dress.

The marketplace seemed like the next logical choice for shopping, since she had already exhausted Barton Jewelers and Barton Boutique, which never carried anything too nice. "One of these days I'll move to a big city..." she said to no one in particular.

She continued to walk toward the marketplace, attracting quite a few glances and stares from passersby, but just as she passed the fountain, she stopped in her tracks. A rather large dog seemed to come out of nowhere and apparently she had grabbed his attention as well. There was no collar, no leash, no owner to be found. Just a huge mangy dog coming toward her. Paris wasn't too fond of dogs, especially big dogs. She picked up her dress and attempted to run in the opposite direction, only enticing the dog to chase after her.

Currently: Running from a dog
Feeling: Frightened

Explorer

Since Barton was alot smaller certain encounters were possible even if it was with a stray mangy dog that managed to wander into the town square sniffing around the area appearing out of his side view. Taifu was looking away at the moment pondering about some possible future income for himself before he raised his head to witness the hound sniffing and then let out a bark before happily approaching Paris as she made her way across the square causing her to go wide eyed and turn the opposite way.

"Oh boy..." He said under his breath lightly as he watched the scene unfolding before his eyes letting his right hand slide down his face at the embarrassing scene but he wasnt sure if he should step in and help, after all it wasnt his job or purpose to keep things nice around Barton because that was up to "Leon" and the "Royal Armored Guard" to keep the peace and regulate the area.

Sadly they were busy at the moment and it seemed it was all up to him as usual to pick up the pieces so he quickly made his way around the fountain and in the direction of the mutt sprinting after them while she lifted her dress with her hands and quickly ran with her high heels away from the gaping slobbery mouth of the stray dog who was seemingly ecstatic with her presence regardless of her real gender or maybe he knew she wasnt fond of dogs and was simply taking advantage of chasing her around.

The mangy brown dog was just inches from her before Taifu managed to reach out his hand and grip a handful of the hounds scruff pulling him back until his front paws were lifted off the ground and his tongue was hanging out causing him to pant happily and heavily still staring at Paris. Taifu was slightly panting aswell since he used a burst of pent up speed from his training days to catch the dog but sadly those days were long gone and he was very out of shape and not in his prime.

"Gotcha you mutt, dont worry I got this big goofball..." He said with a sigh of relief hoping he fixed the situation letting the dog get on all fours but it wasnt long before the hound turned his attention towards the thief and began trying to turn around and slobber all over his face instead. Taifu made a scared face of horror as he gripped the scruff with his right and held the large dog down as best he could but he managed to get slobber and spit on his chest and left hand before the mangy stray mutt calmed down a bit.

Paris Is Burning

Questionable Sex Symbol

Paris let out a loud, almost comically feminine shriek as she ran from the stray-- and ran was a generous word to describe how the grown man moved in five-inch stiletto heels. She was sure that the dog was going to pin her to the ground at any moment and tear her to pieces, at least until she heard a strangled whimper from behind her. She turned around cautiously, to find that the dog had been apprehended by a masked gentleman.

The man, though he seemed just as mangy and out of place as the dog, had an air of bravery to him. He carried a sword and wore a cape, similar to a knight but more tattered. Paris stared at him wide-eyed for a moment, still catching her breath and calming herself down after the dog incident, but she smiled soon after. "Thank you so much, sir! You saved my life!" Perhaps she was being a tad over dramatic, but such was the nature of a drag queen. Now that she could see the dog up close, it was obvious that it wasn't vicious, but she still wasn't taking any chances. A dog slobbering on her favorite gown was just as bad as getting bitten by her standards.

She turned back to the man. "What is your name? I'm Paris. Paris Milan." She held out a gloved hand so he could either shake or kiss it-- depending on what he felt comfortable with. Despite the tattered clothes and messy hair, the stranger was quite attractive.

Currently: Speaking to an unnamed hero
Feeling: Relieved

Explorer

arrow Town Square

Once he got the stray dog to calm down he then chuckled a little at the drag queens response and reached out his free hand to lightly shake the gloved hand not particularly bothered or offended by people who lived their life differently. He was always a very relatable person and didnt judge anyone aswell as having a need to step in and help when certain situations called for it.

"Well I dont know about saving your life, but its nice to meet ya and Im Taifu. Taifu Takashi to be exact." He said to Paris giving her info that most people didnt really ask for since he was kind of a drifter right now having lived around the outskirts of Barton for a few months now.

"Ive heard of you and know you do shows on specific night's at "The Barton Rose Saloon". By the way how long have you lived in Barton Town?" Taifu asked him or her whichever they preferred and he was slightly curious as to how much rent Paris might be paying to live within the walls of Barton because he was looking to invest soon in a place. He still held the dog with one of his arms and his facemask was down around his neck like a bandanna and his features were a mix of caucasian and asian decent which explained some of his tattoos and clothing looking like a retired ninja scout.

He could possibly get a job as one of the Royal Guard since he was already patrolling their area and helping girls out of fountains and catching stray dogs before they ruined the local Bearded Lady's dress, he might aswell get paid for it and even get a new fancy set of magically infused armor to go with it sweetening the deal a bit more.

Paris Is Burning

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces