Welcome to Gaia! ::

Considerate Marshmallow

16,800 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
Lol you guys and your college stuff. : P
I've been debating whether I should go to school to be a vet technician (which is basically a nurse, just for animals)...thing is, I lack the brain cells to understand any complicated medical stuff. I've never been good at science so... >_>

God to hear your planning carefully Al, I didn't know video game programming was the hardest kind. But heck, we all know you can do it. x3

Mae; Is there anything else besides archeology you'd like to do? o 3o

Widow

Unholy Abomination

52,100 Points
  • War of the Roses 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Abomination 100
I don't know what I want to doooo -_____________________-

/rolls around

I already did a year of fashion design before dropping out, and got two certificates and worked in graphic design. I'm taking archeology right now for an anthropology credit, so I can see if I like it.

I'm not sure about my BA yet, but right now I'm thinking maybe I'll stay a graphic designer, since I was already did well as one before I quit, and maybe go to archeological digs for vacations. They are always looking for volunteers, because Al is right, not many jobs in the field. And I loved working in the silicon valley, I just want more education for a better resume.

Unforgiving Tactician

9,025 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Moo, what is this nonsense and down talking yourself such? Stop it, posthaste! If you have brain power to be able to process outside information and be able to type on here, you have enough to learn! Guaranteed! cool That would be a really awesome field though if you decided to pursue into it. A lot of pets around needing to be taken care of I could imagine :p

And dawww zhank you, you so supportive <3 Once I get my skills up to the point of making anything past a regular run-of-the-mill modified rpg maker based game, I would be delighted to send ya a beta test if you cared to try! No guarantees at amazing success first time though. Hehe~

Do not worry Mae! I am sure that whatever it is that you are meant to do will fall right into place! Sometimes I find that actually NOT thinking about it and worrying about it, then being able to sub-consciously zoom out of the picture helps piece it all together. Though, I am not sure if that only works for me and is just psychology nonsense. xD No matter what ya choose though, you'll do amazing at it I bet~

Considerate Marshmallow

16,800 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
Al, I ALWAYS talk down to myself emo
/has no confidence
I've always been kind of a slow/selective learner. > A> I think what really keeps me back is my fear of failing, which I think is due to me being a poor student back in school (low grades and stuff).

Ooo, I've never beta tested anything before! That would be quite an experience!

Mae; I totally agree with Al 3nodding

Unforgiving Tactician

9,025 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Noooooo! Stahp et! Moo, you are awesome and you know it. <3

Fear of failure is one of the highest percentage reasons why people procrastinate or never pursue their dreams, which is total nonsense! I mean, who cares if you do not do perfect it the first time, or heck, even the seventh time around, as long as you are following your dreams right?~

Though I do understand where you are coming from. Fear of failure has been something that I have also had to deal with before. It is the reason why I have started so late in the college scene and am trying to slowly ease into it. Thankfully, after taking a psychology class and a learning framework one I had been able to identify my own problems holding me back and I think our two situations might relate. If so, let NOTHING hold back your awesomeness Moo! You got a whole lot to show to the world, the world just doesn't know it yet ; )

Unforgiving Tactician

9,025 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I almost feel lackluster equipped only having two of those items that change leg positions. It almost seems like a way of separating the fancy and rich from the filthy gaia casuals like me. XD

I remember the times when my old items used to look good ~_-

Unforgiving Tactician

9,025 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Also, I find it hilarious that the NPC prices are still the same despite this crazy inflations. What kind of whackjob designed this. This is rofl'ing worthy to be told.

Widow

Unholy Abomination

52,100 Points
  • War of the Roses 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Abomination 100
There actually are some cheaper leg stuff now, since people only seem to care about the newest thing these days.

Here is a thread I look at sometimes that shows the leg mods, might take a bit of checking to see what is affordable though ;x

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-guides-and-resources/the-ultimate-leg-mod-list-updated-4-25-15/t.94013563/

Unforgiving Tactician

9,025 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Ah, that is quite an.... overbearing list to peruse. I might thoroughly check through that later. XD For how long I have been a member on here, I certainly do not wish to be left behind. Or I could choose to just not care either. I suppose it wouldn't matter either way. Hehe. Btww, I have been thinking about it since I was about to introduce another character. Is poor Ailise overwhelmed with new faces yet? I seem to be creating a lot of characters to intermingle with her and quite literally created several different character plots revolving around her already for the sake of a power climb. In addition, I am curious to finding a tasteful way to end up having Cathan and Ailise do work together so that the progress will not be held behind by... well.... me. D: Haha.

Unforgiving Tactician

9,025 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Another fun fact. In a little over two months it will become Realm in Between fourth anniversary! Woooo!

I have had a seriously lack of celebrating the occasion, but I might make an actually in RP festival that is celebrated throughout all of the Valorran continent. Of course, I would have to find another more sensible reason to explain it's purpose in the story. But hey, it is some much needed culture. : P

Widow

Unholy Abomination

52,100 Points
  • War of the Roses 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Abomination 100
It is a big list :c there is an arm mod one too. I went through them when I had to figure out my avatar for the annual user run ball (my character is a treasure stealing siren)

Ailise is not tired of new people lol, I just worry more about you having to play so many characters. I'll try to catch up on my posts soon, midterms the next couple of weeks though :C big sad face

Widow

Unholy Abomination

52,100 Points
  • War of the Roses 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Abomination 100
@Moo: I was a terrible student in high school! I had to wait until I was ready to learn, so I worked for a bit first. Now I am able to appreciate and have patience for school (also because I have to pay for it).

So don't let how you did in HS get you down, you can do it if you really want to c:

Unforgiving Tactician

9,025 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Hahaha, oh my Mae. Quite the captivator at those ball things I imagine? xd Never done one of those before, what exactly happens in them? : O And ah, I see. Worry not! I also have more posts to make meself!

Considerate Marshmallow

16,800 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
Thanks for the encouraging words you guys, just hard to look on any bright side because my depression has been getting worse. But I won't go into that. ^^;

Speaking of leg items...I do hope Gaia gets along to making their own avatar generator like TekTek. I can barely keep up with all the new items. T AT (Although I think I read in a forum not so long ago they are planning on it, though it would take awhile since there are so many items).

Al I think a festival would be awesome, hard to believe the rp is that old haha. xD I'm looking forward to seeing it pick up with posts again. But are you sure you can handle another character? o_o

Furthermore, Rai needs to get her tush back in here!

And why does your avi look like a n00b? xD

Widow

Unholy Abomination

52,100 Points
  • War of the Roses 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Abomination 100
I miss tektek! I have subscribed to so many threads now to help me figure out new stuff. Aside from the arm and legs one, I think I have hair and item recolor threads subscribed to.

I have not heard from Rai in a while :c I think her jobs and BF are keeping her busy. Maybe when summer rolls around the horrible Utah weather will keep her home more lol. Last time I told her to post she never answered, and that was before I moved at the beginning of the year.

RAI! HOW AM I EVER GOING TO GET MY BOOKS BACK NOW?! :c :c :c

Moo, my little sister gets easily depressed, so I understand. She dropped out of high school and got her GED. She started to go to college right away, and just flunked everything because she was not ready. She went back after a little break though, and is doing much better. I plan to be in and out of school most of my life because I am so indecisive, so don't worry about it too much if you don't want to go now. Go when you feel ready, or don't go c: whatever works best for you /hugzzz

And I like the idea of a festival, Fuji would totally be down for that. As for Ailise, she is always grumpy so we can just ignore her ;c

Oh and the user run ball! I guess this has been going since the beginning of Gaia, but I have only been sort of involved for a few years. There is a guild that picks a theme, makes rooms, collects donations for prizes and throws a ball for all of gaia. I think it is in August this year? It is basically an open RP where people come and go, and there are games and prizes. The first year I went, the theme was Greek gods, second time it was. . . dreams I think? I was in the noir spy dream room that was very 30's detective. The first time I participated as a member, it was literature themed (I was Catherine from Wuthering heights), then constellations was last year (I was Corona Australis, and had to go check my journal because I forgot lol). This theme is a secret until the ball c:

This is the donation thread, but three posts down has the ball history~
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/charity-quests/s-fundraising-for-the-annual-ball/t.95673393/

P.S. I am currently being a horrible co-host for the ball, because I am supposed to be coming up with a treasure hunt game, and I have not. I need more free time :c

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff