Considerate Marshmallow

16,800 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
Alrias
Madame Mae
Raizura
I miss everyone!!!! crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying

You are the first post of the new year!

I'm moving back to California soooooon omgfinally, stop not being in California already :c

SWEET HOME CALIFORNIA! *acoustic skiff*
I hate that song! emotion_donotwant *drowns out with techno* ~unce unce unce unce~

Unforgiving Tactician

9,025 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Shots fired to all Californias and CAlabam-ians? CAlabamans? Shoot, crossing those two sounded better in my head. razz Funny thing is though, I can't even remember what I was referencing. Since it either could of been Sweet Home Alabama or Hotel California, but probably the first. Tis a mystery cool

So how have you been lately Moo?

Widow

Unholy Abomination

52,100 Points
  • War of the Roses 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Abomination 100
HotelCaliforniaisanamazingsongandIloveit.

Considerate Marshmallow

16,800 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
Alrias
Shots fired to all Californias and CAlabam-ians? CAlabamans? Shoot, crossing those two sounded better in my head. razz Funny thing is though, I can't even remember what I was referencing. Since it either could of been Sweet Home Alabama or Hotel California, but probably the first. Tis a mystery cool

So how have you been lately Moo?
Eh, I can't stand either of those songs talk2hand

I've been doing a lot better actually; getting back into working, having few to none depressed days...things are looking up. My only concern is having a relapse down the road in the future but hopefully that won't happen.

Unforgiving Tactician

9,025 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Madame Mae

Ikr? I actually listened to it quite a ridiculous bit last year. And that is saying something because I mainly listen to ambiance. *thumbs up*

Unforgiving Tactician

9,025 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Moke Moo Moo

I've been doing a lot better actually; getting back into working, having few to none depressed days...things are looking up. My only concern is having a relapse down the road in the future but hopefully that won't happen.

Well, difference in tastes then, but that is alright hehe.

That is great news to hear though! I am very much relieved to hear that you have doing better and working again! From personal experience and speaking, work is a fantastic distraction from other worries or problems for me. I am not sure if it has the same effect on everyone though but I think it might help! And for what it is worth, you always have a ridiculous rp gaia buddy always here to talk to! (Well, give or take, since I tend to ghost in the short term, whoops D: )

Perhaps making actual posts and giving everyone a reason to be distracted is something that I should also be doing since I've been meaning to that since a while ago. sweatdrop

Widow

Unholy Abomination

52,100 Points
  • War of the Roses 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Abomination 100
Alrias
Madame Mae

Ikr? I actually listened to it quite a ridiculous bit last year. And that is saying something because I mainly listen to ambiance. *thumbs up*

I love the song to pieces, but my sister won't let me listen to it in Oregon :c

Define ambiance, I'm not sure I know which type you are referring to ;x

Considerate Marshmallow

16,800 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
Madame Mae
Alrias
Madame Mae

It's basically relaxing music; it doesn't have a persistent/overly repetitive beat like Trance or Techno, and focuses mainly on mood and atmosphere. There are plenty of videos on Youtube if you need a full-on example 3nodding

Widow

Unholy Abomination

52,100 Points
  • War of the Roses 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Abomination 100
Moke Moo Moo
Madame Mae
Alrias
Madame Mae

It's basically relaxing music; it doesn't have a persistent/overly repetitive beat like Trance or Techno, and focuses mainly on mood and atmosphere. There are plenty of videos on Youtube if you need a full-on example 3nodding

Ah, that is sort of what I guessed, but I thought I must be wrong. So it is sort of like the background music you hear at restaurants or shops it seems like, at least from what showed up on a search.

For some reason I only seem to like music I can sing to, though I wish I enjoyed classical.

Considerate Marshmallow

16,800 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
Alrias
Moke Moo Moo

Well, difference in tastes then, but that is alright hehe.

That is great news to hear though! I am very much relieved to hear that you have doing better and working again! From personal experience and speaking, work is a fantastic distraction from other worries or problems for me. I am not sure if it has the same effect on everyone though but I think it might help! And for what it is worth, you always have a ridiculous rp gaia buddy always here to talk to! (Well, give or take, since I tend to ghost in the short term, whoops D: )

Perhaps making actual posts and giving everyone a reason to be distracted is something that I should also be doing since I've been meaning to that since a while ago. sweatdrop
Other than not being a fan of their voices or the melody, the main issue I have with songs like that is the drums. I have a mental disorder called Misophonia. If you don't know what that is, it's basically a low tolerance of certain sounds; the most common examples are gum chewing, chewing food in general, or breathing. People who have it have different triggers. I personally am not bothered at all with other people eating around me, much less chewing gum. My triggers are drums, whistling, other people humming, and music that people play at high volume. Now, there are songs with drumming that don't really bother me at all, usually because it isn't 'strong', entirely noticeable, or doesn't has those instances where it'll be rapid for like a second or two (I hope that makes sense).
I just got tales of Xillia and even though I just started it, I have to put it down because the battle and victory themes have that strong drumming. So I basically wasted like 24 bucks on a game that is unplayable for me :/
Misophonia isn't a very well known disorder and is still in it's infancy of being understood. Which means there's no cure or official treatment for it. Up until I discovered it was actually a thing last year, I thought I was just slowly going crazy. It's put a big damper on my social life, and I'm the only one in my family who has it. So yeah, because having depression wasn't bad enough, I had to wind up having another shitty disorder. =_= Sorry for the long rant sweatdrop

Haha, I'll be sure to shoot a PM your way if I run into any roadblocks ; w;

It'd be nice to start seeing posts again, it's been so long emo

Unforgiving Tactician

9,025 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Moo is pretty much on point with her description. Though my tastes of ambiance pretty much goes into almost every sub category. I know they probably have names for them, but I happen to like extremely calm, extremely bombastic, medieval, strings only and all other sorts of lyric-less songs. Mind that it is not the lyrics that turn me away from a song, but I reach better enjoyment without them on the usual since it allows more free interpreting of the song to fit into either a mood or a creative train of thought. Further more, I could actually admit that many of the characters I've made have been strictly influenced simply by the theme of a certain song. If that makes any sense. sweatdrop

Mae, you should try to force her to listen to it until she likes it. Or at the very least gives up. Haha. Tbh, certain songs seem to sound better the more you listen to them. I don't know why.

Ah, I see. I actually have not heard of this Misophonia until now. I wonder if it relates to a certain auditory ticking sensation that I have. Does it usually encompass in a certain ear? If certain toned sounds play consistently in said ear, does it cause either twitching or sometimes even entire body muscle convulsions? If so, I have something similar and wanted to ask out of curiosity.

Either way, I hope a way to cope will be found soon. Dealing with unique disorders is never an easy thing from what I can deduct sad Just don't feel alone and know that others are here!

I've seen Tales of Xillia around, though I do not know if it would be a game I would be interested in. Was it a turn base like FF?

And please do! I am always happy for conversation when I am on here. mrgreen

Unforgiving Tactician

9,025 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Also, here is a good example of what I mean. This one gives off a really good, lonely and adventurous mood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mrgh4eK9e5Q

There is soft percussion, but not much I hope. Not sure how sensitive your auditory senses are but wanted to warn you just to be safe if you happen to check it out.

Considerate Marshmallow

16,800 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
Nah, it affects my hearing in general. I personally don't have twitchy episodes or anything, but hearing those sounds does enrage me. Everytime I'm around someone who whistles I want to punch them in the face. One second I'll be completely calm or chill, but once someone comes along and makes one of those triggers my calm mood is replaced with extreme anger and frustration. The only way I can deal with it is walking away from the source until its out of earshot. Some people do get extremely anxious when they come in contact with their triggers, though.

And yeah, I've visited a few sites where people shared their experience living with it; just about everyone says they thought they were just downright crazy, so it's great to finally know we aren't alone in the struggle.

Tales of Xillia is not turn based; you control one of the characters while the rest of your party act on their own, but you can adjust their actions whenever you want. Only other two I've played are Tales of Symphonia and Tales of the Abyss; really didn't like Symphonia due to the music and characters being pretty unlikable, at least for me. I just didn't see much if any character development with them. Abyss on the other hand has great music and a ton of character development especially for the main character.

As for the video, I can listen to music like that.

Widow

Unholy Abomination

52,100 Points
  • War of the Roses 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Abomination 100
I finally posted, I'm sorry for the delay :c I think Ailise is going to end up meeting every single fallen before long lol

And Moo, your avatar is cute!

Considerate Marshmallow

16,800 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
So good to see some posts after so long ; w;

Aww thanks Mae! heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff