Welcome to Gaia! ::

BUT ARE YOU A DIFFERENT ANIMAL AND THE SAME BEAST?

WHAT THE F*** IS HE TALKING ABOUT? 1 100.0% [ 16 ]
Total Votes:[ 16 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 49 50 51 > >>

Xenru

I started with that, but it didn't fit.

Otaku

• happy october everyone!

JUST PAID BILLS LIKE AN ADULT YEAH.

AND LEAGUE OF LEGENDS WORLDS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Big Duck

sorry, no format rn.
okay. here's the deal. next week, i have a bit of a breather. i'm going to start the rp then.
so, any final comments anyone has regarding the mission, please say something now.
i might not be able to respond until monday.

in any case, terribly sorry for the awkward delay. i had no idea work would be so hectic. ):

additionally, if anyone has lost interest or whatever, just let me know and i'll take you off the quote
list. otherwise, i will assume that everyone is still good to go!

a final boss

artlaws

babyfrills

duke of penguins

hot dad squad

kabuki doll

mana regen

p e a c h and DINGO

sofa king fancy

Subatomic Woofers

xiumini

Xenru

Dapper Dabbler

9,150 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
farewell sweet prince

Sounds good, and I'm still game.

One thing: did you see the villain I put up a little while ago for the opening exercise? If not, here he is again:

Meet Kira. And here's a full-body picture: [x]

Big Duck

@ xenru :

Yes, I have seen it. There's actually a few things I need to address about all NPC, but I'm going to
        wait until I have the front page updated and everything. It's not a huge problem; it's something I
        should have prepared long before now!

I'm still here!
I'm just having a really...tough time after coming home.
Car insurance is a b***h and it's taken forever to get my payout for the loss of my car, but I should have one by the end of the day today so, yay!
The stress tho...it literally has given me a migraine since last week. Bleh.

I'm still deciding if I want to keep Cece's superhero name. Lol
I should be a turd and call her The Boogeyman

Alien Fairy

Big Duck

tab tab tab tab tab User Image

TIME: 0230
                  WEATHER: CLOUDY
                  TEMPERATURE: 40F
                  TIME LIMIT: 45 MINUTES

OBJECTIVE: Rescue Dr. Rebecca Donovan and retrieve her research prototypes.

BARON LABS

Baron lab is 12 stories tall and armed with a state-of-the-art security. There are a total of 12 security
                  guards for each floor (excluding the sixth floor) and another 4 guards are posted in the camera
                  room (which is located on the first floor).

The sixth floor is a special floor. The elevator opens up into a long corridor, which is manned by 2
                  armed guards, who will shoot all unauthorized persons. The guards are relieved every 4 hours and
                  access to the sixth floor is restricted to only the top brass and the guards in question. Simply
                  pressing the "6" button on the elevator will do nothing.

THE VENTS

Access to the vents can be found on the roof. The roof is equipped with a weight sensor—anything
                  heavier than a fly will trigger the alarm. The vents can only support the weight of two individuals.
                  There are no vents leading directly into the research labs, but there is an exit point into Dr.
                  Donovan’s floor.

Note: Make sure to disable the fans before entering. Otherwise, whoever enters, will only
                  return as ground beef. The fans can only be disabled for 15 minutes before the system reboots. Do
                  not be caught in the vents after it reboots.

THE EXTERIOR

The windows of Baron Lab are custom-made to withstand the blast of ten thousand rocket
                  launchers. Brute force alone will not be enough. However, once the windows are breached, an
                  internal alarm will sound, beginning lockdown protocols.

THE ELEVATOR

The elevator cannot be used without a keycard after hours. Access to the sixth floor is restricted
                  only to those who carry special keycards (only the two guards in the hallway and the two guards
                  going to relieve them will carry them). The elevator shaft is armed with laser, which, if triggered, will
                  send the building into lockdown. During lockdown, the elevator doors will not open and a gas will be
                  released into the shaft.

LOCKDOWN

Who knows what happens during lockdowns... Go wild with it.

OBJECTIVE: RESCUE HOSTAGE — TEAM B
                  OBJECTIVE: RETRIEVE PROTOTYPE — TEAM A
                  OBJECTIVE: RETRIEVE PROTOTYPE — TEAM C
                  OBJECTIVE: RETRIEVE PROTOTYPE — TEAM D

TEAM A: HATCH, FLORA, THE CURATOR
                  TEAM B: BLOAT, KARMA, GYRO
                  TEAM C: SHADE, BLARGHEST, CINDERELLA
                  TEAM D: STATIC, AGITO

• CROW, TRIGGER, FAILURE: I will add them to teams once they quote me to let me know they're
                  still here! And I'll put them into the appropriate teams. I'm also not sure if those are the teams that
                  everyone has decided on! I'm doing it by memory and... I don't remember if Static was on anyone's
                  team?? So I put him with Agito/Nick because... sorry, I'm so sorry.

REGARDING VILLAINS

The team is NOT aware of the existence of "curveballs." They think this is a simple rescue/retrieve mission. Villains for the scene can become active whenever their controller decides to make them so, lol. You can plot their activities as well.

a final boss

artlaws

babyfrills

duke of penguins

hot dad squad

kabuki doll

mana regen

p e a c h and DINGO

sofa king fancy

Subatomic Woofers

Xenru

Big Duck

Addendum*

A few other things.

Let me clarify: This "mission" is a virtual simulation. This is not real. The villains are simulated. Now, these villains can be based off real villains and, if you would like to do that, I can add them to the villain roster and, whenever we need it, we can pull them from there. You can always change your mind later as well—no need to be locked into a commitment you're not 100% behind.

Secondly, the kids are all hooked into a pod/chair/machine thing. They're all in the same room. Everything should feel super, super realistic! Even though they are aware that it is a simulation, they cannot "break" from the simulation. They are only released once the controllers release them. Remember, if they die in the simulation, their consciousness (or whatever) is ejected from the game and they are automatically disqualified (most likely). Note: If you would like your character to "die" in the simulation, just speak up. We can arrange for them to die and still be part of the team, lol. It's just the characters should believe that death=boot.

Third, as you may have already noticed, there are no floor plans. There are no detailed instructions/descriptions of the place. Why? Because that's your freedom. You only have to keep to the few restraints I have provided. I don't want to crush you guys with boundaries. You are also free to manipulate the guards as you like, but make sure it's not all easy-breezy-beautiful-covergirl what.

Anyway, yay, peace out guys! I'll put up the mission post/narrative/thing tomorrow, so that, if you guys like, we can start posting this weekend!

Edit: I'll be doing a facelift for the rp because the wall of characters/npc is (and has been) bugging me to death. Like, why the f is it so ugly?? lol...

Big Duck

Okay, I look crazy triple-posting here, but whatever, right?

I realized that putting up the mission-post late last night and then telling everyone they can start
        posting this weekend was ridiculous. You guys would have had no time to make any arrangements
        and I don't want to pressure people into thinking they have to post, like, now.

The thread has been fairly quiet, so, let's take this weekend as an opportunity to really get back
        into things, haha. Currently, I only have one team... put together(?)... I don't even know if that's a
        for-certain thing, I just remember it being brought up. I know there were talks of other people pairing
        up here and there, but I need final confirmations for everyone. I also want to know what team wants
        to do what...

If you guys want to do not-three-man teams (because who knows what's actually happening??), you
        can do that too. And it's super shady to do this in THIS post, but if I don't get any response back to
        my questions/mission post, I'm going to put all those characters into an on-hold position. They won't
        be erased from the game, but they won't be active until I hear back from the creators. Alright?

This is just to make sure no one ends up on a team with inactive/busy/uninterested/etc people. Like,
        I totally get it when life gets busy and Gaia isn't on your radar at all. So I'm not going to punish any-
        one for needing a break, but, at the same time, I need to streamline the game at least minimally, lol.
        I'm sure you guys can understand? If not... er, well, this s**t is f'ing awkward then, lol. But I love all
        of you guys anyway, so... yay. Also, if you aren't interested in the game anymore, it'd be quicker, if
        you just let me know (I'm writing this as if uninterested people will actually read this, lolol...). But, it's
        all good.

I like the challenge you've made. ;b

Pretty sure Bloat & Karma are on a team, if anyone else wants to join us. I'm off camping this weekend so I won't be around much, but I can pull together my brain today/next week for some idea-shakin'-baby-makin'.

Off the top of my head... Mina is small enough to crawl through that shaft and swallow up Dr. Donovan for easy transit.

Big Duck

@ woof :

Haha, thank you, thank you!

TBH, I'm usually busy weekends. Like, I'm never home, but I always think that I'll have time to check
        up on things... It's like, who do I think I am? Superman?? And why do I keep buying into the lie that I
        will have time this weekend to be on Gaia? LOL, MY BRAIN IS TROLLING ME TO DEATH. rofl

I feel for Dr. Donovan, the simulated character, lol. Held hostage and then swallowed. Her life is so
        good, lolol.

Subatomic Woofers

Alien Fairy

i'm still here for realsies.
flora is my bbu and i need him in my life.
he's probably more interested in the windows, tbh.
he's seen movies where people get dropped down elevator shafts and sliced up by vent fans.
windows are ez.

Big Duck

@ mana :

Kyle doesn't want to deal with elevators or vents either, lol.

LIKE WHAT IF YOU GET LOST IN THE VENT AND DIE? Even though it's a simulation...

*cough

mana regen

Dapper Dabbler

9,150 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
farewell sweet prince

Subatomic Woofers

That is such a disturbing idea, Sub. We have to do it.

Sign us up for Hostage Rescue, Prince.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces