Welcome to Gaia! ::

BUT ARE YOU A DIFFERENT ANIMAL AND THE SAME BEAST?

WHAT THE F*** IS HE TALKING ABOUT? 1 100.0% [ 16 ]
Total Votes:[ 16 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 49 50 51 > >>

Big Duck

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

• Welcome to SUPERSTARS, my do-whatever, be-whatever superhero story—thanks
                                                                              for humoring me, guys. Mad respect to everyone for putting up with this. I just
                                                                              want to have fun, be ridiculous, and pretend like I'm saving the world; trust me
                                                                              when I tell you that life is better that way. Also, donn't forget the colorful tights.

tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab IC tab OOC tab APPS tab INDEX

tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab p.s. The RP is always accepting new characters!

Big Duck

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
    User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

tab now please tell me◢◣ tab tab tab WOULD YOU DIE FOR THE ONE YOU LOVE tab tab tab I CAN BE YOUR HERO

• tab Red.

tab It was everywhere: splashed onto the walls, painted against the tiles, and pooled around the dead. It stained the room, the air—the moment. It was absolutely domineering in its presence, forcing itself onto everything and anything that stood witness. Like a tyrant, it demanded attention and was unforgiving on the senses. It made no apologies for its intrusion.

tab But, more importantly, it reeked of hopelessness—of abject despair and surrender.

tab "There's no one left."

tab Her shoulders tensed at the comment, surprised that someone else had followed her. She didn't think that they would have come this far, and she didn't think they would have dared to follow. No. That's not quite right. It's not that she didn't "think" they would come after, rather she did not "want" them to come after.

tab She said nothing—what was there to say? Reassurances were on short supply and anything she could muster would only be an insult on their intelligence. Things were not okay and everyone knew it. If things were okay—under control—commands would be running from one end to the next, agents would be at their stations and not, as they were, left strewn all about. There was a served arm at her foot, its owner nowhere to be found.

tab "So"—a moment's hesitation—"what do we do now?"

tab "What do we do now?" The responding question was louder and harsher—angrier. It had speckles of frustration thrown into the high notes and familiar disgust littered into the background. It, unlike the first speaker, wasn't searching for answers. No, it was looking for revenge. "We find the assholes responsible and we ******** them up!"

tab "Yeah, okay, let's do that. It'll definitely be a good idea—chasing after god-knows-what. I'm sure AEGIS was just incompetent as all ********, which is why everyone was basically slaughtered here." Cynicism joined the party, sneering at the idiocy it observed. Despite the coldness of the remark, there was something reassuring about it. It was like they were back home and this was just another morning argument between friends. She could almost smell the nearly burnt coffee sitting in the pot, bubbling away while the rest of the house was shuffling along: some trying to avoid the conflict, some just eating their cereal, and some frantically trying to read Romeo & Juliet before their 8 o'clock.

tab "You got a better ******** plan?"

tab "Yeah, how about not dying?"

tab "I'm gonna show you—"

tab "Knock it off, you two." And then there was reason—mature, wise, and composed. She could hear the footsteps behind her, beside her, and then in front of her. They were steady and sure—commanding. They were everything she should have been, but wasn't. She didn't dare to look any of them in the face. After all, how could she? How could she face any of them now? "We don't have time to argue with each other right now. We should try to contact Astra—"

tab "I don't think that's going to work." Another voice, another shade. "The beacons are down and—"

tab "No s**t, sherlock. Are you gonna tell us that the place is trashed too? Because it totally wasn't obvious or anything. This here? Not blood, just some red paint that smells funny." There was cynicism again, but this time she could hear something else in the voice: fear. It hung at the edges, just floating in the peripherals, clinging to every echo with childish determination.

tab Of course there was fear. Despite their protests, they were children. They were never supposed to make these kinds of decisions; they were never supposed to know these types of moments. But here they were—gathered together because someone believed in them.

tab tab tab tab tab tab tab Because someone thought they could be heroes.

tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab Except this isn't where our story begins. tab

Big Duck

tab now please tell me◢◣ tab tab tab WOULD YOU DIE FOR THE ONE YOU LOVE tab tab tab I CAN BE YOUR HERO

• tab The year was 2015 and Earth was precisely as you remembered it: fleek.

tab Three months earlier, Taylor Swift dropped 1989 (and the world promptly exploded—figuratively speaking, of course). Season five of Game of Thrones was just around the corner. And Donald Trump, at the time, was still the most absurd candidate for the nation. In another nine months, Kobe Bryant would announce his retirement (rounding off a star career with a mediocre exit) and, in another six months, the Golden State Warriors would bring home the championship after forty years of drought. Simply put, big things were happening.

tab But all of that paled in comparison to what was happening behind closed doors.

tab AEGIS, the free world's defender against internal and external threats, had plans to launch Project: Vela—their new answer to Astra's persistent refusal to join ranks. You see, 2014 had been another long and trying year of failed negotiations. In fact, things had gotten so bad that, during one high-tension brainstorm, a general had suggested simply blasting Astra off the surface of the Earth—sending them to the beloved stars they were named for. This suggestion, in case you needed to know, was, of course, summarily rejected. The public loved Astra and AEGIS, loathed as they were to admit it, could not exist without them.

tab Now, the more astute listener might ask: but what of Cygnus? Surely Cygnus could replace Astra as the face of superheroes—and, if not, at least rival their popularity? Fair questions. AEGIS had also asked those questions. Despite their best efforts, Cygnus never gained the same traction. People loved Astra; they were largely suspicious of Cygnus. Perhaps, it was merely bad luck that did Cygnus in. In any case, Cygnus went dark in the years 2014 to 2016. Much of the team was strangely absent and those who remained serviced the world in a different way: training the would-be heroes of tomorrow.

tab Vela—excuse me, Project: Vela, as it was known then, was a collection of green-behind-the-ears superheroes. They were a little rough around the edges, a little tattered at the seams. They were rookies that didn't quite fit in anywhere else (or they simply weren't ready for anywhere else). They were, in a word, rejects. But they were rejects with potential. Or, well, that was how the director described them anyway. And that was also how she sold them to the other generals (although, truth be told, she could have said they were absolute garbage and the generals would have been inclined to sanction the project. No one with half a brain would ever dare to go counter to Felicity Finch).

tab And, with that meeting, Vela's origin story was seeded.

Big Duck

• tab Meet the members of Vela—a "lovable" group of would-be heroes. They're a quirky bunch: they've got a dash of all the archetypes and don't always come across as "heroic." But keep a close eye on them because it won't be long before these fledgling heroes-in-training become the fighters of legend. And, yes, Vela is destined for greatness.

tab tab User Image User Image User Image
        tab tab User ImageUser ImageUser Image
        tab tab User Image

Big Duck

• tab tab tab tab tab tab tab &. tab / / tab organizations
        AEGIS: Officially, AEGIS was conceived to combat the world's most heinous crimes and criminals. In reality, AEGIS was created by a clandestine society (whose identity has never been clarified) that wanted to quickly resolve conflicts without running into "bureaucracy." While their intentions were noble, AEGIS's origin story is grey—at best. Since then, AEGIS has undergone many changes, including a change of hands. Presently, AEGIS is the world's first defense against tyranny—the champion of the free world's interest. Of course, not everyone sees it that way. Click here to view AEGIS characters.

ASTRA: They are the crème de la crème—the best of the best and the "face" of all superheroes. While they occasionally work on assignments that fall under the purview of AEGIS, they are, as a team, independent of the organization. Note: Astra is privately funded by its members and has its headquarters somewhere in Europe. Click here to view Astra characters.

CYGNUS: Seeing the success of Astra (and unable to convince their leader to join ranks), AEGIS started Initiative: Cygnus. The goal was to form a team that rivaled the strength of Astra, minus the autonomy. It was, to some degree, successful: Cygnus was strong, but the public still looked to Astra for leadership. Click here to view Cygnus characters.

ALTAIR: Officially, Operation: Altair is off the record—a total black book operation. Led by an ex-Astra member who had gone rogue, Altair specializes in "damage control" and "recovery." In other words, Altair handles all the missions that Cygnus—and any other light-facing team—cannot be associated with. Note: Members are all former criminals and the existence of the team cannot be confirmed (only a few are privy to the information). Click here to view Altair characters.

VELA: And, finally, Project: Vela. As of now, Vela is a team with all of its training wheels still firmly attached. It's a bit dysfunctional—a real diamond in the rough!

tab tab tab tab tab tab tab &. tab / / tab locations
        TRAMONTO: It's sunny year-round in this Southern Californian city, so it's normal for the beaches to be crowded even during the "colder" months. With its laid-back, take-it-easy vibe, Tramonto is a beautiful place to live and visit—as long as you don't mind the congested highways (typical of So-Cal) and an overly overbearing sun (don't forget to pack the sunblock). Note: For reference, Tramonto is essentially LA JOLLA.

TRITON HIGH SCHOOL: Welcome to the country's most well-funded public high school! Outfitted with top-of-the-line resources and programs, Triton High is a absolute dream for parents. And everything is only possible thanks to Triton's many, many anonymous benefactors. In other words: Welcome to Triton High, a secret outpost for AEGIS.

132B: The house belongs to an elderly couple in Florida, who rents it out to well-meaning, lovely students. It's an older house with a few DIY attempts at modernization. The roof needs to be retiled, the lawn hasn't seen water since before the drought, and everything could use a fresh coat of paint. In other words, it sticks out like a sore thumb in the pristine suburban setting. For an AEGIS safe house, there's a lot to be desired. Click here for floorpans!

OLYMPUS TOWER: This is the heart of AEGIS. Here, agents stand against the faces of evil and work hard to better the lives of innocents. The structure itself is massive—easily seen from outer space. It is built into a cliffside, in the emptiness of the midwestern plains. But while it can be seen, few can enter and never for a casual visit.

AURORE: Despite its pleasant-sounding name, Aurore is far from brilliant with its walls thicker than reason and rules stricter than any known tyranny. It is a fortress—built and tested by AEGIS. To date, no one has ever managed to escape and not for a lack of trying—villains are always desperate to break out, but desperation is commonplace in the prison. Neutralized by collars and wrist bands, superpowers are moot within the steel-grey walls. Guards are a mix of AEGIS agents—trained to diffuse at an instant's notice—and skilled infantry—soldiers that are on the wrong side of trigger-happy.

Big Duck

• tab Ⅰ. I CAN KISS AWAY THE PAINgeneral conduct
        When it comes to behavior, everyone needs to keep it cool and classy. I don't want to kick people for behavioral issues because we aren't five and we need to use more common sense. In other words, don't be a douche canoe.

tab Ⅱ. I CAN KISS AWAY THE PAINposts / posting
        First, I don't enforce a minimum or maximum word count per post. You should write what works for you and as long as you cover all your bases, you're golden.

Second, it is your responsibility to communicate your situation with everyone. Ideally, I would love for everyone to post regularly, but I know that things come up. It's okay to be busy or uninspired. It's okay to tell me that you can't make a post because you're stuck or you'd rather wait for another person to post first. But it's not okay to leave me (and everyone else) sitting in the dark. If you don't know what to post about, say something in the OOC. Let people know that you are stuck and ask people for plots. It's never okay to hold up a story because you "didn't know what to post about." If you are interested in joining, you must be willing to communicate with me and the other writers. You need to be proactive.

Third, I don't believe in mandatory posting formats. As long as you refrain from using blinding colors for content, we'll be gravy. I understand that everyone wants their posts to look nice, but your format (or lack of) should never prevent you from posting. If you are under the impression that "no format" means "no post," you're going to have a bad time with me. Find a better excuse.

tab Ⅲ. I CAN KISS AWAY THE PAINon characters
        I want to take a moment to talk about characters. As you may have already noticed, there are no slots in this role-play and the role-play is always accepting new characters. I want to give you the freedom of design; I want you to be creative. However, creativity within reason. Always take the story and its world into consideration. I shouldn't have to bend over backwards to accommodate your ideas. So, be thoughtful and considerate.

Please also be aware of other characters—both accepted and contesting. I like distinct, unique characters. Avoid carbon copies of each other; it won't impress me very much.

tab Ⅳ. I CAN KISS AWAY THE PAINon commitment
        I'll keep this short: you join when you are interested and you can leave when you're not. It's not a big deal, but it'd be nice if you stayed for a while.

Big Duck

User Image

User Image
User Image

• tab tab tab tab tab tab tab ◥◤ tab the announcements

tab Every now and then, there will be some sort of important notice that goes up. When those happen, they'll be logged here for reference! And, if you need to grab everyone's attention, I've also included a handy-dandy quote list!

tab tab tab #001 tab tab tl;dr: Team Orion was removed.

[quote="farewell sweet prince"][/quote]
                                                      [quote="matcha bun"][/quote]
                                                      [quote="p e a c h and DINGO"][/quote]
                                                      [quote="Subatomic Woofers"][/quote]
                                                      [quote=""Xenru"][/quote]
                                                      [quote="Pr i d e - L ii G H T"][/quote]
                                                      [quote="Kabuki Doll"][/quote]
                                                      [quote="mana regen"][/quote]
                                                      [quote=""][/quote]

Big Duck

Quote:
        yum_pizza yum_pizza yum_pizza

Big Duck

Quote:

Big Duck

Quote:

I DID IT. IT'S HERE.

First, I need an unedited image of everyone's character.

Second, please put all of your characters into a private test thread because you're probably going
              to want to have them for noting down relationship plots and other stuff. Random stuff.

Third, I don't have a third? Pizza?? But first, let's plot!

a final boss

artlaws

babyfrills

duke of penguins

hot dad squad

kabuki doll

mana regen

p e a c h and DINGO

sofa king fancy

spelling errors

Subatomic Woofers

xenru

Big Duck

Other than the Mission post and NPC post, I think I got everything covered, lol.

We're all finally out of that crummy test thread!

Now, gotta figure out what I'm eating for dinner... @ 10pm, haha.

• yaaaaaaaasssssss omg it's finally here!!

and it looks so nice

lathers thread with love heart

Big Duck

@ artlaws :

ty ty ty

I'm super proud of everything... well, mostly the shoddy floor plans I drew up, haha. IT TOOK FOR-
        EVER, but it was soooooooo satisfying when I finally figured it all out.

Also, the double-line on the closet (upstairs) was supposed to indicate sliding doors. I just realized
        that I forgot to write that in, whoops.

Anywho, with the floor plans up, we can all pre-select our rooms... beds... in some cases, haha. The
        room that's not connected to the house is an ugly box of a thing that used to be a garage, lol. Also,
        the first-floor closet is a real closet, but it also doubles as an elevator to THE BAT CAVE... or some-
        thing like that, yenno?

artlaws

Otaku

• BEAUTIFUL.

here is a full image for peter
        here is his test thread

and i read "arch way" as "argh why" the first time. and was like, why is there
        a door? did they party too hard and punch a doorway through the wall? LOLOL;
        forgive me.

SO WHO WANTS TO SHARE A ROOM WITH PETER? THERE WILL BE BED TIME STORIES.
        PILLOW FIGHTS. LATE NIGHT INSISTENT GIGGLING... maybe he'll be forced to have a
        room by himself. lol;

Alien Fairy

can i apply for this beaut?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out