Welcome to Gaia! ::

Welcome to the Thread

*enters* 1 100.0% [ 50 ]
Total Votes:[ 50 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 28 29 30 > >>

honey spice's Honey Bun

Hardcore Bibliophile

You make it sound as if everyone in the whole of AT is a d**k rater lol

Lol anywho, could I grab a rate on my avi? I'm depicting a female Charon (the Ferryman who ferries souls of the dead over the River Styx in Hades)

Ruthless Phantom

13,800 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
Dailanie

Lol anywho, could I grab a rate on my avi? I'm depicting a female Charon (the Ferryman who ferries souls of the dead over the River Styx in Hades)

That's actually far from what I mean. I'm actually one of the people telling the people who do complain about this forum that this is not the case. Saying that everyone is a d**k rater is saying that I am a d**k rater and I am not a d**k rater. As for Charon, I already know who that is. I'm a...fanatic of Greek mythology. And usually the only person in any setting to know anything about it. Although, I'd like to think I'm some sort of philosopher on the subject 4laugh Great to know that there's another like me.

Onto your avatar: The idea behind this is very interesting. Charon's wife...or lady friend. Fun to think of. While you're doing extremely well sticking to your theme, I feel that because she's supposed to be the ferryman (ferrywoman) for Hades, she shouldn't have such colors that pop. Your ship, lantern, "scythe," and background are PERFECT, and that face I feel works just fine. The issue is the magenta headpiece and the clutter of the middle. For the color, it's too...happy-making/bright for an underworld person...Now, roses might not be the issue, it's really just the color, because compared to the rest of the colors, which are dull (this is NOT a problem, your theme is supposed to be dull, because of the whole Hades trip thing, and dull is GOOD for this particular character) that this magenta color is the first thing I noticed. It POPS compared to the rest of it; although yes, it does sorta kinda blend with the other..."reds?". It's really, really hard to see what the character is wearing in that section, as well as what they're doing. And for that part, I feel a 7.5/10 is in order.

Subjectively, I ADORE your idea and because of it, I can easily ignore the colors, thinking that hey she's a chick so roses are fine, and the clutter (despite the fact that I generally don't like it) is something I could live with.

Commander in Chief

D1ary_of_the_Vampz
Dailanie

That's actually far from what I mean. I'm actually one of the people telling the people who do complain about this forum that this is not the case. Saying that everyone is a d**k rater is saying that I am a d**k rater and I am not a d**k rater. As for Charon, I already know who that is. I'm a...fanatic of Greek mythology. And usually the only person in any setting to know anything about it. Although, I'd like to think I'm some sort of philosopher on the subject 4laugh Great to know that there's another like me.

Onto your avatar: The idea behind this is very interesting. Charon's wife...or lady friend. Fun to think of. While you're doing extremely well sticking to your theme, I feel that because she's supposed to be the ferryman (ferrywoman) for Hades, she shouldn't have such colors that pop. Your ship, lantern, "scythe," and background are PERFECT, and that face I feel works just fine. The issue is the magenta headpiece and the clutter of the middle. For the color, it's too...happy-making/bright for an underworld person...Now, roses might not be the issue, it's really just the color, because compared to the rest of the colors, which are dull (this is NOT a problem, your theme is supposed to be dull, because of the whole Hades trip thing, and dull is GOOD for this particular character) that this magenta color is the first thing I noticed. It POPS compared to the rest of it; although yes, it does sorta kinda blend with the other..."reds?". It's really, really hard to see what the character is wearing in that section, as well as what they're doing. And for that part, I feel a 7.5/10 is in order.

Subjectively, I ADORE your idea and because of it, I can easily ignore the colors, thinking that hey she's a chick so roses are fine, and the clutter (despite the fact that I generally don't like it) is something I could live with.
Today is my birthday and it is also April Fools and it is also a day that is not in March? Let's have cake! Bye bye!

Ruthless Phantom

13,800 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
-II My lovely Doll II-

maybe it is done by numerous NPC too biggrin ooohh tuna~ ok noted wink i'm sorry if i'm slow sweatdrop yesh, i'll invite person that i know smile oyesh there one here wink

I'm thinking so. Hopefully, his birthday is over, and he can stop spamming everyone gonk Oh yes, tuna is da best. I haven't had it in a while, because I was afraid that if I ate tuna sandwiches every Friday I'd turn into...into...stinking tuna! xD and don't worry about being slow. I am very slow myself. Ohhhh! A person! Bring this person!!

Ruthless Phantom

13,800 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
Amaraz
lol, forgot i had a breeze in my invo.

gonk You forgot about a breeze? Noo! Astras are the one thing on Gaia that I'd actually quest for a century. They're so fun! But they're going up and up!!! I was glad to catch the ones I have when I did (well, this one was gifted, thankfully). If I only had the gold I had now, I would've had some many more...As I said before, your avatar was perfect as it was, but adding an astra pleases my heart even more. emotion_dowant /10

Commander in Chief

D1ary_of_the_Vampz
-II My lovely Doll II-

maybe it is done by numerous NPC too biggrin ooohh tuna~ ok noted wink i'm sorry if i'm slow sweatdrop yesh, i'll invite person that i know smile oyesh there one here wink

I'm thinking so. Hopefully, his birthday is over, and he can stop spamming everyone gonk Oh yes, tuna is da best. I haven't had it in a while, because I was afraid that if I ate tuna sandwiches every Friday I'd turn into...into...stinking tuna! xD and don't worry about being slow. I am very slow myself. Ohhhh! A person! Bring this person!!
Did you know that I am allergic to lots of types of candy, and if I eat too many jellybeans I will swell up and begin to autosexually reproduce again?

Ruthless Phantom

13,800 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
xMorpheus
Can I get a rate? smile

Of course...forgive me for saying so, but it's really hard to tell what's going on here. I tend to simply make assumptions about a theme, unless someone tells me, and sometimes I make up random stories I feel that revolve around avatars...for yours, I find it very difficult to do. You look like some type of sorcerer. But I cannot imagine why you would have rolling rainstorm (that's one of the astras I want the most) If you're using it to add the affect of something being created, like a flashing affect, then excellent choice for layering. However, this is all assuming that you are doing this particular theme. The color of this avatar is really lovely, but it basically hides the avatar, and what is seen of the avatar, doesn't seem to make any type of sense. The top part of your avatar appears extremely cluttered, and it makes me want to know what's going on, but because of your astra in affect and your color changer, I can't make it up and so it appears, sorry for the phrase, a cluttered mess. I'm sorry, I have no idea what's going on here, and I cannot see anything else to even make up something other than hocus pocus on a Saturday night. I apologize, but for your color, and the flashing affect, 5.5/10

Fuzzy Phantom

D1ary_of_the_Vampz
xMorpheus
Can I get a rate? smile

Of course...forgive me for saying so, but it's really hard to tell what's going on here. I tend to simply make assumptions about a theme, unless someone tells me, and sometimes I make up random stories I feel that revolve around avatars...for yours, I find it very difficult to do. You look like some type of sorcerer. But I cannot imagine why you would have rolling rainstorm (that's one of the astras I want the most) If you're using it to add the affect of something being created, like a flashing affect, then excellent choice for layering. However, this is all assuming that you are doing this particular theme. The color of this avatar is really lovely, but it basically hides the avatar, and what is seen of the avatar, doesn't seem to make any type of sense. The top part of your avatar appears extremely cluttered, and it makes me want to know what's going on, but because of your astra in affect and your color changer, I can't make it up and so it appears, sorry for the phrase, a cluttered mess. I'm sorry, I have no idea what's going on here, and I cannot see anything else to even make up something other than hocus pocus on a Saturday night. I apologize, but for your color, and the flashing affect, 5.5/10
It's meant to be my take on the daemon of nightmares/dreams. A celestial looking dream being. I had a lot more confidence in this avatar...hmm. Is it really so bad? I don't like the simpleton avatars that look like a character. I think of mine as more of a picture. I just added a Diedrich Cone to play with the mouth effects. Maybe that's what is keeping it from being something. Check imy avatar again as soon as you see the mouth change. Please.

Commander in Chief

xMorpheus
D1ary_of_the_Vampz
xMorpheus
Can I get a rate? smile

It's meant to be my take on the daemon of nightmares/dreams. A celestial looking dream being. I had a lot more confidence in this avatar...hmm. Is it really so bad? I don't like the simpleton avatars that look like a character. I think of mine as more of a picture. I just added a Diedrich Cone to play with the mouth effects. Maybe that's what is keeping it from being something. Check imy avatar again as soon as you see the mouth change. Please.
Did you know that if you took 19,256 birthday cards and shredded them then mixed them with glue you'd have a sticky pile of shredded cards? Hard to believe! Happy birthday to me! Bye!

Ruthless Phantom

13,800 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
xMorpheus

sweatdrop It's not that its...bad...its just I can't really tell what's happening. It's kinda like clutter...too much going on, the feels start to fade away. I'm sorry...you added something? It appears the same way it did last time. What I might...suggest, if I were to be so bold, is to rid yourself of your color and your astra, just to see what your actual person looks like, then, one by one, add that astra and color back, and see how much of it can be seen. If there's a "magic" item you own...or maybe one of those full body astras to give a "dream world" look, then try one of those.

Now reading what you're saying, subjectively, I totally adore it; the idea is fabulous. And personally, the way I look at my own avatars, is that if it makes me happy, then that's all that matters. I think of my own avatars as another storyline. Hey, have a look see. I'm actually trying to add my current now to my collection. Each avatar I make has a sort of story to it, and its in those regards that I adore my avatars. So if you're happy with it, by all means don't take my word or anyone else's for that matter. What matters if you. However, since you've come here, you would like an honest outsider opinion.

Invisible Phantom

/pokes

I'd love a rate, m'dear :3

Ruthless Phantom

13,800 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
Beauty of Grace
/pokes

*sun explodes* Oh gosh...sorry, you're not my La Capytana. lol, hiya Grace, and thanks for coming.

Colorwise, you're doing a marvelous job, themewise, however, I'm not really sure what's happening here. She could be anything from a regular girl with some cute little wings, a fairy or a princess-noble. The outfit is fabulous, great us of the princess legs, and the marionette sleeves (I swear I only one the marionette line for the sleeves) The wings, while pretty, are actually almost too...light for this avatar. If you want wing, I might suggest that you go with a darker shade, the tiny pixie are really light and..heh heh, tiny. I feel the screeching cat serves no purpose here (but if you have an idea for it, let me know; also, I have it but I haven't used it, I've been meaning to sell it) This avatar is lovely, but without the cat and the wings, it would be perfect, even if it is plain. 8.5/10 my darling.

Invisible Phantom

D1ary_of_the_Vampz
Beauty of Grace
/pokes

*sun explodes* Oh gosh...sorry, you're not my La Capytana. lol, hiya Grace, and thanks for coming.

Colorwise, you're doing a marvelous job, themewise, however, I'm not really sure what's happening here. She could be anything from a regular girl with some cute little wings, a fairy or a princess-noble. The outfit is fabulous, great us of the princess legs, and the marionette sleeves (I swear I only one the marionette line for the sleeves) The wings, while pretty, are actually almost too...light for this avatar. If you want wing, I might suggest that you go with a darker shade, the tiny pixie are really light and..heh heh, tiny. I feel the screeching cat serves no purpose here (but if you have an idea for it, let me know; also, I have it but I haven't used it, I've been meaning to sell it) This avatar is lovely, but without the cat and the wings, it would be perfect, even if it is plain. 8.5/10 my darling.

Lol, he has no purpose, I just thought he matched :3

I mostly threw the avatar together for the hair; I really freakin' wanted a way to use this hair but it was a pain to make because it isn't on tektek yet. The wings themselves were hard, mostly because I was trying to pull it out of my invo and most of them didn't show up; these ones were about the only ones that worked.

Considering it had no story and was just thrown together for the colours themselves; I'm quite happy :3

Anyways thanks!
If you want more to do, I can change or drop off some of my favourite tekteks. c:

Angelic Kitten

D1ary_of_the_Vampz
-II My lovely Doll II-

Yeah, i hope so too :/ he's been a bother for a while now, oh and sorry for the reply, my internet is going on and off crying oh yesh, *heres your sandwich~* aw, ok i know i'll learn soon enough <3 Due to the signal of my internet they're gone for now, but i will try to bring some people later, when my connection gotten better~ wink

oh and can i have a rate too? this is just made on a whim and i've been on a bet not to change it for 1week so i can't do anything about it *sigh*

Lunatic

☆☆☆
User Image
Rate me please? c;

☾☾☾

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items