13,800 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
Captivating Silhouette
Could I get a rate, please?

User Image
          Of course.

A posed (I think), about-faced. This is so unexpected. Definitely, unique. I'm thinking a crystal cave of a fairy. I think that because this avatar is turned around, that your use of astras assist with your theme and character. The wings are working and the twinkles are having a glistening affect on your background. Personally, I adore it, but I think it needs something. Also, because I look closely at it, I'm seeing the dress (it looks like that dress everyone uses for elsa cosplays), but it kinda fades away, making it look dullish. I dunno what suggestions to give, but because its simple, and I can only go off a few things, I'll have to award this with an 8.5/10. You've done well with character and theme. Mostly it seems I can only go off on theme (that whole fairy in the cave idea) because I can only assume that I'm right in my assessment of your theme sweatdrop
Suggestions please.

Ruthless Phantom

13,800 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
jaguarlyra
Suggestions please.

User Image
          Very well.

Okay, so the first thing I can tell you is that you're seriously plain. You've barely got color going on, no character and definitely no theme, unless you're going for ninja. What I suggest is you add more of that blue into the gown (if that's possible). I'm not sure, but I think one of the magic inks might have a blue one that color. I also suggest you try to think of a theme to bring out whatever character you've got going on. To do that, you'll really need to accessorize, add a background, or do both. If you're going for ninja, I suggest a forest like background, perhaps. Or try adding daggers or on the back weapons. I'll have to go with a 4/10 because I don't know what to make of this. I always think that you need color, character and theme to make a great avatar (or just really love it for yourself) and I feel you really don't have the last two at all, and barely have color. I mean monochrome/monotone is totally fine, despite "lacking color." I think they still work colorwise. But for you it seems like you tried to add color to it. Work on what it is you have by adding more to it.
D1ary_of_the_Vampz
jaguarlyra
Suggestions please.

User Image
          Very well.

Okay, so the first thing I can tell you is that you're seriously plain. You've barely got color going on, no character and definitely no theme, unless you're going for ninja. What I suggest is you add more of that blue into the gown (if that's possible). I'm not sure, but I think one of the magic inks might have a blue one that color. I also suggest you try to think of a theme to bring out whatever character you've got going on. To do that, you'll really need to accessorize, add a background, or do both. If you're going for ninja, I suggest a forest like background, perhaps. Or try adding daggers or on the back weapons. I'll have to go with a 4/10 because I don't know what to make of this. I always think that you need color, character and theme to make a great avatar (or just really love it for yourself) and I feel you really don't have the last two at all, and barely have color. I mean monochrome/monotone is totally fine, despite "lacking color." I think they still work colorwise. But for you it seems like you tried to add color to it. Work on what it is you have by adding more to it.

I'm going for a niqabi with a nice hijab and abaya. However those three items aren't really on gaia so I made due with this, I was hoping you had an idea on other items i could use.

Ruthless Phantom

13,800 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
jaguarlyra
I'm going for a niqabi with a nice hijab and abaya. However those three items aren't really on gaia so I made due with this, I was hoping you had an idea on other items i could use.

User Image
          You're Muslim? Or...trying to make your avatar Muslim? Fascinating! I...am surprised that I have yet to attempt that...Should I be ashamed of myself? emotion_8c If that's the case, then you're doing well with character. You still need to make it not so plain (now that you mention it I'm definitely seeing a jibab (or that's what I'm used to calling it) and a hijab and a niqab...interesting. You're doing well since this is the case. I'll have to up that rate to a 6/10, but you're still plain, and I'm still not seeing an overall theme. What is your avatar doing, who is your avatar? You'll need to answer those questions and work with your avatar according to your answers. A background would definitely help in this department. But now that you mention it, it would be lovely if gaia had hijabs and jibabs. Maybe throw them in global imports or something. That's definitely some place they'd put it. I'd love it.
D1ary_of_the_Vampz
jaguarlyra

User Image
          You're Muslim? Or...trying to make your avatar Muslim? Fascinating! I...am surprised that I have yet to attempt that...Should I be ashamed of myself? emotion_8c If that's the case, then you're doing well with character. You still need to make it not so plain (now that you mention it I'm definitely seeing a jibab (or that's what I'm used to calling it) and a hijab and a niqab...interesting. You're doing well since this is the case. I'll have to up that rate to a 6/10, but you're still plain, and I'm still not seeing an overall theme. What is your avatar doing, who is your avatar? You'll need to answer those questions and work with your avatar according to your answers. A background would definitely help in this department. But now that you mention it, it would be lovely if gaia had hijabs and jibabs. Maybe throw them in global imports or something. That's definitely some place they'd put it. I'd love it.

Yeah I'm Muslim. Thanks for the recommendations and I agree that we need hijabs and niqabs I actually made a post asking for them in site feedback.

Ruthless Phantom

13,800 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
jaguarlyra
Yeah I'm Muslim. Thanks for the recommendations and I agree that we need hijabs and niqabs I actually made a post asking for them in site feedback.

User Image
          Ah, so am I. 4laugh I agree with this idea. If you ever make a petition for it or something, link me; I'll happily sign. Oh and you're welcome.
D1ary_of_the_Vampz
jaguarlyra

User Image
          Ah, so am I. 4laugh I agree with this idea. If you ever make a petition for it or something, link me; I'll happily sign. Oh and you're welcome.
smile Another muslim!! assalamualaikum. So I have a question about my avatar, I'm trying to basically just capture her doing dikhr. Do you have any recommendations for a background?

Witty Bibliophile

11,975 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
D1ary_of_the_Vampz

Can I please have a rate?

Ruthless Phantom

13,800 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
jaguarlyra
smile Another muslim!! assalamualaikum. So I have a question about my avatar, I'm trying to basically just capture her doing dikhr. Do you have any recommendations for a background?

User Image
          Walaikumassalam! 4laugh Hm...dhikr would be too difficult. I mean...I'm thinking you'd have to pose her, and put one of her hands up. I don't do it, but I've seen people use beads to make dhikr. So maybe try a bead of some sort on gaia? I don't know of any and if tektek were working I'd find on for you. As for backgrounds....that would depend on you. Do you want her inside or outside? And whichever one you want, what type of scenery are you looking for? You would definitely go of that.

Ruthless Phantom

13,800 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
Imrae Myett
D1ary_of_the_Vampz

Can I please have a rate?

User Image
          Of course.

First thing I notice about your avatar, are the goggles (personally, I looove seeing gold shop items), and once I see something as noticeable as that, I look at its color and its possible relevance to the rest of the avatar. You are spot on with that color, but relevance I'm not too sure about that. A dark elf, nice, but she wears an elegant dress, which is fine, but those goggles...they don't seem to make any sense with that dress. What is also not making any sense is the bird? in the sky and the notes? in her hand? I'm not seeing an overall theme, so I'd have to give it about a 6.5/10 (maybe a 7/10?) Your colors are great, (and can I just get fangirl on you for seeing you with vivid eyes? I have the purple ones as my base 3nodding ) and the elven look is working (especially thanks to the eyes) but the regal look is kinda messed up by the hair style and the goggles. I dunno what it is about the length of the hair, but its probably because the goggles take up so much room, plus they don't really fit with the rest of the avatar. If you going for a royal elf of some sort, stick with that, and if you want papers, try a different kind, one that doesn't look like its falling into her hand or something, and rid yourself of your bird. I might suggest...oh the caroling music sheet? No one really knows what it is, but you should catch it in the marketplace for under 50gold I think. And add a pen or a quill; I think it would look rather lovely. And try a crown (if you're going with the royal look).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff