Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anto J Lareneg
Is there such thing as 'fake' anime?

anime = cartoons
cartoons = anime

So how could they be fake cartoons? are they not animated or something? 0_o

Althoug I do not know the exact....thing. There is a difference. Not to mention Anime is Japanese. Other cartoons arent. Unless they're from Japan and they're supposed to be just cartoons.
Kokugen
Anto J Lareneg

anime = cartoons
cartoons = anime

Althoug I do not know the exact....thing. There is a difference. Not to mention Anime is Japanese. Other cartoons arent. Unless they're from Japan and they're supposed to be just cartoons.

Anime is a japanese term, yes, and as a "style", it's certainly centered around Japan. A Japanese Cartoon is still just a cartoon as well however
Mochihito
Kokugen
Anto J Lareneg

anime = cartoons
cartoons = anime

Anime is a japanese term, yes, and as a "style", it's certainly centered around Japan. A Japanese Cartoon is still just a cartoon as well however

When a person is calling something, anime. They are calling it a animation. So, a japanese can cartoon CAN be anime.
jayp
Mochihito
Kokugen
Anto J Lareneg

anime = cartoons
cartoons = anime

When a person is calling something, anime. They are calling it a animation. So, a japanese can cartoon CAN be anime.

I'm not saying it can't be. In fact, if you read what I say closely, you'll see that I admit that anime as a word/saying originated in Japan. However, when a lot of people in America say anime, they usually mean the Japanese originated style of animation. My only point is that while Japan is a center of the anime style of animation (if you can even say there is one, which is hard at best), saying "unless they're from Japan, they're jsut cartoons" is wrong not only because anime from Japan is a cartoon, but that anime can be from outside of Japan.
they both suck
I don't either show, but they are still animations.
But I like W.I.T.C.H crying
niruto
they both suck

they do ^^ 3nodding
I don't like totally spies
both get me mad
Well, considering "anime" is from Japan, those shows you have pointed out are American "Animation/Cartoons", not "Anime".

Stupid blaugh heart
I hate fake anime!!!!

Clockwork Alchemist

34,775 Points
  • There are two sides... 50
  • ...to every story! 25
  • Low-Rank Private 25
[ cari ]
Well, considering "anime" is from Japan, those shows you have pointed out are American "Animation/Cartoons", not "Anime".

Stupid blaugh heart

Oy... get your facts straight.

Anime is ALL animation. Not just that which is from Japan. If it's animated, then it's anime. Simple as that. There is no room for argument. If you don't believe it still, listen to what Japanese people say sometime. They refer to Japanese anime as 'cartoons' fairly often... I've heard them say that many a time.
OMFJ, i saw that totally spies thing and i was like "ooooo anime on tv!" so i watched it for like 5 minutes and then i was like "waaaaaaaait a sec.... this isnt anime....WTJ?!(what the jesus).... thats not anime! its americame!(american anime)" than i changed the channel and watched some simpsons.
sweatdrop It pretty much disturbs me that some companies here are resorting to blatent copying japanese anime art style to try to attract an audience. Almost makes me glad I don't have cable. sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff