Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sex Symbol

15,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Conventioneer 300
Aconite333
Teen Titans. Most overuse of wannabe anime stylings.

. . . You wanna take this outside, little man? stressed
For those of you saying that anime is just short for animation, that's not true. If you look at the link here you will come to see that it is a japanese style.

I suppose it's true, there's no such thing as fake anime, but I find it's true anime if it's created in japan. I mean, do you think of something you know that is made by an american as a japanese cartoon?

Maybe it's misunderstood when people say "fake" anime. Perhaps they mean that it's just that it's not from japan, assuming it's not quite anime.

The way I see it, if it doesn't come from japan, it's not an anime.

(Also keep in mind that stuff like "Martin Mystery, and Teen Titans" are not listed on www.animenewsnetwork.com)

Animes like Martin Mystery and Teen Titans are what you call "Related Anime".

*presses submit feeling proud*
anything that cartoon network MAKES not puts on tv But Makes is turning out to be fake anime. always haveing a halfway there look
As long as the anime doesn't suck, who cares?
Namimi
Aeremaust
*takes out her noob-taku H-bomb**tries not to nuke the A/M/C forums*

Note to Gaia users: This post may be alittle harsh,but it gets my point across. Anything said here is not ment towards Morbid,her friends,and those who back up their answers with actual facts.It is ment towards n00b-taku who refuse to listen to truth; Anime=Cartoons!

All of you make me ill! How many times must we post and fight over the same damn subject ! Its completely pointless!

There is no such thing as FAKE ANIME! Anime is Cartoons! And did you know your insulting Lanzer,L0ke,and the rest of the creators of Gaia when you post topics like this? Since Gaia is American made,(according to your sad lodgic) it is sa initaion and sucks because it was influenced by Manga. What about when you create anime infulenced fanart/Japanese comics? Your guilty of commiting the same crime that you accused the "EVIL AMERICAN/FRENCH COMPANIES" of doing.So do us all a favor; Get over your selves,get over this FAKE ANIME CRAP, stop bitching,Show some respect for US manga/anime artists, or get off Gaia. Because I am sick of hearing about this, and I would take another Inuyasha discussion over it.

On another note:Good luck ever visting Japan,because if you go there with your "SUPERIOR ANIME" speech, you will be laughed at by many people.

Thank you for wasting five minutes of my life! scream

God damn, this post should be made into a sticky topic! *worships* eek

Well,I am flatterd,but there is still alot more that could be done with it *coughs spelling errors xd * And FWI Tora Katase, that website goes by the Americansied term.Meaning it is incorrect.

HIM88
anything that cartoon network MAKES not puts on tv But Makes is turning out to be fake anime. always haveing a halfway there look

Cartoon Network did not create Totaly Spies,Code Loyoko, or Martin Mysteries! They only provide the air time,nothing else.

Some Ignorant Guy

anime is short for japanese animation, get a clue. and ppl are right there isn't any fake anime... the question on whether or not a show is considered an anime would have to following condition: is it drawn with a developed japanese style?

You sure about that? Last time I check anime was..

JAPANESE GOSSARY

ERI IZAWA

Many people might say "Manga are Japanese comics, and Anime is the Japanese version of animation. Anime is usually, but not always, the animated version of popular manga." That's partially true, but it can be misleading. (Note that "anime" in Japan technically means any animated film, and "manga" is any printed cartoon, but people in the rest of the world take them to mean animated films or comics from Japan.)

http://www.mit.edu/people/rei/Expl.html

Thank you for playing the "I AM SMARTER THEN THOU BECAUSE I KNOW THE TRUE MEANING OF ANIME" game.You may now go take three steps back,collect your "I just got 0wned pass", and visit the flaming hall of n00b. whee
"fake" anime?
yeah Teen titans is a anime style type cartoon
"Anime" is a French term used to describe French and Japanese animation only.

Calling any American cartoon "anime" is an insult.
beau99
"Anime" is a French term used to describe French and Japanese animation only.

Calling any American cartoon "anime" is an insult.

What's insulting is that you're legally classed as a human being.

Anyway:

THE FRENCH WORD ANIME REFERS TO ALL ANIMATION, BE IT CEL ANIMATION, COMPUTER ANIMATION, STOP-MOTION ANIMATION, REGARDLESS OF CONTENT, GENRE, OR COUNTRY OF ORIGIN

Sex Symbol

15,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Conventioneer 300
Tora Katase
For those of you saying that anime is just short for animation, that's not true. If you look at the link here you will come to see that it is a japanese style.

I don't agree with that definition, but whatever.

Tora Katase
The way I see it, if it doesn't come from japan, it's not an anime.
So what is it? Do you follow the dictionary.com definition, or do you not?
Well just for thought . . . if a japanese person in japan makes anime say for whatever company and then moves to America to work for disney (I don't like disney but its a good example) but he continues to draw in the same style is he now making, in your opinion, anime or just a cartoon? although technically (dictionary def.) they're both the same thing . . . just a thought. And then what about vice versa? I mean their could be people who worked on anime in japan that are now working on teen titans in america does that really make it any less of a good um . . . cartoon? Or is anime strictly pertaining to "cartoons" made in Japan? Because anime simply means animation.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff