Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aeremaust
*takes out her noob-taku H-bomb**tries not to nuke the A/M/C forums*

Note to Gaia users: This post may be alittle harsh,but it gets my point across. Anything said here is not ment towards Morbid,her friends,and those who back up their answers with actual facts.It is ment towards n00b-taku who refuse to listen to truth; Anime=Cartoons!

All of you make me ill! How many times must we post and fight over the same damn subject over and over! Its completely pointless!

There is no such thing as FAKE ANIME! Anime is Cartoons! And did you know your insulting Lanzer,L0ke,and the rest of the creators of Gaia when you post topics like this? Since Gaia is American made,(according to your sad lodgic) it is wannabe anime and it sucks because it was influenced by Manga? And what about when you create anime infulenced fanart/mangas? Your guilty of commiting the same crime that you accused the "EVIL AMERICAN/FRENCH COMPANIES" of doing.So do us all a favor; Get over your selves,get over this FAKE ANIME CRAP, stop bitching,Show some respect for US manga/anime artist, or get off Gaia.
Because I am sick of hearing about this, and I would take another Inuyasha discussion over it.

On another note:Good luck ever visting Japan,because if you go there with your "SUPERIOR ANIME" speech, your will be laughed at by many people.

Thank you for wasting five minutes of my life! scream

i agree
mr_masaki
Morbid Gnome
There is no such thing as 'fake' or 'wannabe' anime.

READ THIS THREAD!

thank you
anime is short for animation
anime=animation
fake anime=impossible

anime is short for japanese animation, get a clue. and ppl are right there isn't any fake anime... the question on whether or not a show is considered an anime would have to following condition: is it drawn with a developed japanese style?
well i cant think of a wannabe anime rite now
R0ck 133
mr_masaki
Morbid Gnome
There is no such thing as 'fake' or 'wannabe' anime.

READ THIS THREAD!

thank you
anime is short for animation
anime=animation
fake anime=impossible

anime is short for japanese animation, get a clue. and ppl are right there isn't any fake anime... the question on whether or not a show is considered an anime would have to following condition: is it drawn with a developed japanese style?

Your the one who should rent a clue,sweetie.Read and Read carefully. I know it is hard for you,but you should at least try stressed

Aeremaust

Note to Gaia users: This post may be alittle harsh,but it gets my point across. Anything said here is not ment towards Morbid,her friends,and those who back up their answers with actual facts.It is ment towards n00b-taku who refuse to listen to truth; Anime=Cartoons!

All of you make me ill! How many times must we post and fight over the same damn subject ! Its completely pointless!

There is no such thing as FAKE ANIME! Anime is Cartoons! And did you know your insulting Lanzer,L0ke,and the rest of the creators of Gaia when you post topics like this? Since Gaia is American made,(according to your sad lodgic) it is sa initaion and sucks because it was influenced by Manga. What about when you create anime infulenced fanart/Japanese comics? Your guilty of commiting the same crime that you accused the "EVIL AMERICAN/FRENCH COMPANIES" of doing.

Aeremaust
The defintion on dictionary.com is the basic,ignorant, Americanised term;
Anime is cartoons.Deal with it. You want more proof,why not do alittle research.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oi=defmore&q=define:Anime

]http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=anime&r=d
ok there is no such thing as fake anime.
Let's just say that the american cartoons try too hard to make it like Japanese cartoons or anime or whatever
biggrin there's "wanna b anime." but not "fake anime"

Sex Symbol

15,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Conventioneer 300
Christina_Avalongi
biggrin there's "wanna b anime." but not "fake anime"

There is no wanna-be or fake anime.

Benevolent Fairy

..............ok!
What do u mean by fake animes?

2,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Aeremaust
*takes out her noob-taku H-bomb**tries not to nuke the A/M/C forums*

All of you make me ill! How many times must we post and fight over the same damn subject ! Its completely pointless!

There is no such thing as FAKE ANIME! Anime is Cartoons! And did you know your insulting Lanzer,L0ke,and the rest of the creators of Gaia when you post topics like this? Since Gaia is American made,(according to your sad lodgic) it is sa initaion and sucks because it was influenced by Manga. What about when you create anime infulenced fanart/Japanese comics? Your guilty of commiting the same crime that you accused the "EVIL AMERICAN/FRENCH COMPANIES" of doing.So do us all a favor; Get over your selves,get over this FAKE ANIME CRAP, stop bitching,Show some respect for US manga/anime artists, or get off Gaia. Because I am sick of hearing about this, and I would take another Inuyasha discussion over it.

On another note:Good luck ever visting Japan,because if you go there with your "SUPERIOR ANIME" speech, you will be laughed at by many people.

Thank you for wasting five minutes of my life! scream

God damn, this post should be made into a sticky topic! *worships* eek
anime means
A style of animation developed in Japan, characterized by stylized colorful art, futuristic settings, violence, and sex.

cartoon means
1. A drawing depicting a humorous situation, often accompanied by a caption.
2. A drawing representing current public figures or issues symbolically and often satirically.
3. A preliminary sketch similar in size to the work, such as a fresco, that is to be copied from it.
4. An animated cartoon.
5. A comic strip.
6. A ridiculously oversimplified or stereotypical representation.

so there is no 'fake anime' or 'wanna-be anime'. What most people call 'fake anime' or ' wanna-be anime' is a cartoon.. It's either anime or cartoon.
animezone
anime means
A style of animation developed in Japan, characterized by stylized colorful art, futuristic settings, violence, and sex.

cartoon means
1. A drawing depicting a humorous situation, often accompanied by a caption.
2. A drawing representing current public figures or issues symbolically and often satirically.
3. A preliminary sketch similar in size to the work, such as a fresco, that is to be copied from it.
4. An animated cartoon.
5. A comic strip.
6. A ridiculously oversimplified or stereotypical representation.

so there is no 'fake anime' or 'wanna-be anime'. What most people call 'fake anime' or ' wanna-be anime' is a cartoon.. It's either anime or cartoon.
Don't believe go to google.com and type ' anime' or 'cartoon' there is a difference.
*sighs*

You don't get it, do you?

1. There is no such thing as an anime style. Compare the likes of Hello Kitty to Evangelion. If you say the artwork is exactly the same, you deserve a slap to the face.

2. The anime defintion is so patheticly done.

Colorful art? *points to Boogiepop Phantom and Lain. Neither of those series artwork are colorful.

Futuristic setting? Azumanga Daioh takes place in a high school. Love Hina takes place around a dorm which has a hotspring. Gravitation isn't set in the future either. Pathetic generalization.

Violence? *points to program that were developed for young children to debunk that claim.

Sex? *points to Azumanga Daioh, monster battling shows, and Chrno Crusade to destroy that claim.

In other words, that is a piss poor definition of what is anime.

3. Under the definition of cartoon which you were so kindly provided, I saw "Animated cartoon". Now, aren't Japanese animation, animated programs as well? By that defintion usage, animation from both Japan and America are exactly the same.

In conclusion,

ANIME IS JUST SIMPLY THE JAPANESE TERM FOR ALL ANIMATION, PERIOD!!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff