Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Archived
Soquili Rookie & Familiar Hiring Event 2.0: Round 2 Is A Go! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:55 pm
Welcome to Soquili's Hiring Event!

We're looking to hire some talented colorists to keep this shop alive and active. We need people to paint some ponies, from customs to breedings and pre-mades for events; from edited to unedited; from full size to familiar! The thing is, we can't do this without you.

Think you've got the chops to color, the drive to work regularly, and a desire to help out Soquili? Then this is the place for you!

Round Two
Starts: Now! 09-21-14
Ends: 11:59 AM Pacific 10-05-14

Please note -- you may enter for any and all hiring positions, including both Colorist and NCS. You could be hired for one or the other, or both, if you think you can handle the workload.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:00 pm
Hiring Information

We're looking for positions all over! Interested in Non-Colorist Staff (NCS) positions? We've got threads for that too! Please see the below for more information:

Certist
Assistant RP Manager
Item Colorist
Teepee Manager
Assistant Stat Manager

We do have a few rules and notes we'd like you to consider, just so you know what you're signing up for, and what we, on staff, expect.

1. Please be able to take constructive criticism. We have a Colorist Manager who may ask you to edit your work. If you take customs, the customer might ask for tweaks, changes, or revisions to work you are proud of. We will never be cruel, but criticism is going to happen and if you can't handle the feedback, this might not be a right fit for you.

2. Please be active and available. It does us no good to hire someone full time, who can only handle part-time or occasional work. Please be honest with us if your schedules get too crazy and you need to change your availability. Also, please don't try out if you really don't think you're going to be around to color for us for more than a month or two. While we understand RL happens, and unexpected surprises can pull you away, to get hired, only to quit or simply go MIA (and still be active in other shops) is frustrating for staff and fellow customers alike.

3. Please remember, this is a customer service position. You will be dealing with customers, especially if you take customs. A friendly personality, and being an ambassador to the shop are traits we're looking for. Check your drama at the door and remember to be civil, regardless how you feel about people. We get that some people just don't click, or get along, and maybe you don't like fellow staff members. All that said, we are all volunteering our time here and you will be expected to deal with people you don't like civilly. We're a team, so please, keep the drama private.

Positions Available

Please note, all these availability positions are open. Please keep in mind the requirements are the base minimum to stay hired on! You can do more than the quote amount listed here, but you must at least do what's below, or risk being let go.

Full-Time: 3 customs/freebies (depending on rotation) =OR= 2 breedings, once every two months

Semi-Quarterly: 3 customs/freebies (depending on rotation) =OR= 2 breedings, once every four months

Bi-Annually: 3 customs/freebies (depending on rotation) =OR= 2 breedings, once every six months

After you decide on your availability, these are the positions we're hiring

Edit Full-Sized Colorist
Individuals who are able to color full-sized pets, as well as edit them to our standards.

Unedited Full-Sized Colorist
Individuals who are able to color full-sized pets, but will NOT be allowed to edit them. This is a color-only position.

Unedited Familiar Colorist
Individuals who are able to color familiars only! They will NOT be allowed to do edit work on familiars, and will not be allowed to work on full-sized pets. This is a color position only! NOTE: All familiar colorists start on No-edits, but can eventually gain rank to do edits and things such as familiar bribes.

Quote:

We will be hiring for the following levels for Full-Sized Colorists, both Edited & Color Only:

Apprentice This is where all of our colorists start. They are allowed to create pets for freebies, flaffles, and mockbreedings. Their work needs to be approved by the Colorist Manager, but they can move up to Junior Level, and from there Senior, with time and practice. This is just the starting stage while we make sure individuals are comfortable with the lines.

for Familiar Colorists, we are hiring for Level 1 colorists!

Level 1 Color-Only for Freebies & Flaffles, but you can move up to Level 2 and possibly Level 3 with time and practice.

Perks and Payment
So the big question is, what do you get out of this? Not only do you get to join and be part of a pretty awesome staff, but your efforts help keep the B/C community (and this shop in particular) thriving! Additionally, working with all this talent should allow your own color and edit techniques room to grow!

Unlike other shops, colorists do not always get 100% payment The reason Soquili takes a certain percentage of payment from colorists is to pay the hardworking Non-Colorist Staff that help keep the shop running day to day. The longer and harder you work for soquili, the less of a percentage the shop takes as you grow and advance up the ranks. The scale breaks down the following way:

This cut only comes from "big" payouts: Bribes, Auctions, Customs, and Paid Raffles. Any other paid event you keep yourself, no cut to us needed!

Apprentice Colorists pay 30% to the shop.
Junior Colorists pay 20% to the shop.
Senior Colorists pay 10% to the shop.

Additional perks include gaining monthly credits, which you can cash in for pets for yourself or others, as well as 100% breeding fees.

Uta

Shy Mage

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:03 pm
Rules for Entry

1. Please read this entire front page before you enter!
2. If you have questions or concerns, please PM them to Soquili Era.
3. Please only use your own art in all categories! If we catch you using art you did not color or work on, or stealing others art, you will be punished severely. We have a 0-tolerance for art thieves. Besides, we want to see what you can do, not what someone else can.
4. If you do edits, please remember your style is going to have to match our templates. This is not to say you cannot have your individual touch, as every colorist does, but understand, you might be asked to change a style to be more fitting for the lines we have.
5. Please fill out the form in its entirety.
6. If we have a hard cut-off date or deadline, please follow it. You might be DQ'd if you miss it, even by just a few minutes.
7. We will perform background checks on potential hires and cross-check references.
8. You do NOT have to have worked in a B/C shop before, or a previous colorist, to enter.
9. We understand sometimes people don't get along, and mistakes have been made in the past. We will not hold past mistakes against you, but do understand, if you have a drama-filled background, or we get many complaints from previous employers, this might dampen your chances of being hired.
10. We at Soquili do not need to explain why we choose the hires we do, or justify why we did not hire someone. While we will give helpful feedback back to colorists who ask for it, we do not have to give details on why one was not picked. Please note, that even if you are not hired now, this does not mean you shouldn't try again during future hire events.
11. We will have various Rounds, and people will advance accordingly. This process will take a few weeks. Please understand there will be deadlines, and people who miss them, will be DQ'd.
12. Please be aware you're going to need Photoshop, or some sort of photoeding program to color for soquili. If your program doesn't handle the lines, file type, or open up folders and layers, this might not be the best choice. You'll also probably want an IM program of some kind so we can get a hold of you outside of Gaia/PM.
13. If you have old works from past Hiring Attempts, we'd prefer if you put them in as "Other Samples" and make new samples for this event. We want to see what you can do now, not what you did last time. You won't be DQ'd if you do post old samples, but it may no win you any points, either.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:04 pm
The Rounds

Round One
Starts: Now! 08-29-14
Ends: 12:01am EST 09-19-14

If you are interested in trying out to become a Soquili colorist, please fill out the following to the best of your ability! You have about two and a half weeks to fill out the following form, use the proper heading, and post at least three samples!

Use this heading if you're looking to be a Familiar Colorist.

[size=24][color=blue][b]Hey, You Seem Familiar![/b][/color][/size]

Use this heading if you're looking to be a Full-Sized Colorist.

[size=24][color=magenta][b]Getty'up Pony![/b][/color][/size]

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Availability?[/b] Full-Time, Semi-Quarterly, Bi-Annually
[b]What Position?[/b] Color Only or Edit Work Only or Either
[b]Do you have Instant Messenger?[/b] Y/N
[b]Are you open to being considered for other positions?[/b] (i.e. if you are looking to be a full-sized colorist, we might offer you a familiar position if we don't think the larger canvas fits. Or if you're an exceptional familiar colorist, we might offer you a full-sized position.) Y/N
[b]Have you worked in other shops on Gaia or the B/C? If so, which ones?[/b]
[b]Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior?[/b] If you have never worked in a B/C shop, or your old employers are long since quit, can you please list names of people we can contact to query your background on Gaia?
[b]Why do you want to join Soquili?[/b]
[b]Please post at least three samples using the template provided![/b] (if you are colorist only, edits are not necessary; if you are trying for an edit gig, edit them to your hearts content. Familiar colorists need only do color only!)
[b]Other miscellaneous art you've created:[/b] (This can be personal works, or past pets created/colored, etc. etc. This is optional!)

Uta

Shy Mage

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:05 pm
Round One Entrants:

Familiars

Unedited Soq Colorists

Edited Soq Colorists

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:08 pm
F.A.Q.

I can't color but want to help out soquili! What shall I do? Please see the other NCS (Non-Colorist Staff) help threads! You'll find them in various threads here

What is this advertising contest I hear about? We're setting one up, and shall link you soon as it's open!

Uta

Shy Mage

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:17 am
Open!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:52 am
Getty'up Pony!

*Note: I will be in England from the 2nd Sept to the 19th Sept

Name: Amirynth
Availability? Bi-Annually (Soon as I have a better idea of our new scheduled I can alter this, but currently I am still on a bi-annual term.)
What Position? Color Only Soquili Colourist
Do you have Instant Messenger? Yup!
Are you open to being considered for other positions? Yes
Have you worked in other shops on Gaia or the B/C? If so, which ones? Years ago, Beta Aquarium and PorroPets
Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior? Mindsend, Uta, Heart, the rest of the Soq crew.
Why do you want to join Soquili? I'd like to move up to Soquili colourist. It was my original goal upon joining but I knew I needed to improve at the time. I have been a familiar colourist for many years now and I feel my colouring has improved immensely. Though I know I still can learn more, especially in the edits field, I feel I can uphold the quality of Soquili with my work as an unedited soquili colourist.
Please post at least three samples using the template provided! I will try to get a few more done before I leave for England.
User Image User Image User Image v.1 User Image v.2

(The first example is of the different tribal markings I can do. They have different looks, watery in style on the back leg, wind-like on the face/neck, My Troll style on the back, a more earthy feel on the forward leg and a simple tribal look on the last leg.)
Other miscellaneous art you've created:
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:39 pm
Getty'up Pony!

*Note: I have applied for a few other positions but my preferred position is for colorist.

Name: Kara Asumie
Availability? Full-Time
What Position? Color Only
Do you have Instant Messenger? Yes Skype and YIM
Are you open to being considered for other positions? Yes and No
Yes I will color Familiars.
No I won't do edits. I am not that good to do edits in this shop as of yet.
Have you worked in other shops on Gaia or the B/C? If so, which ones? Centzon Totochtin <>, and Nature's Wonders. <>
Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior? Atheart - First ever Employer
Kirowyn Love - Second Employer <>
astroaries
Niyaru Delacroix
Revel1984
Tefla
Why do you want to join Soquili? Because the thread goers are AWESOME and the staff are AMAZING. It is a wonderful place to hang out at. Also I believe I can learn from the other staffers.
My weakness is are bones as well as Editing hair and armor.
My strong points are Tribal --to insane tribal-- and Henna is something I just got into doing and it is awesome fun.
As long as the pet is unedited I can do a lot of them in my free time. Although my biggest thing about being a colorist is loving that a pet I made, made someone else day.
Please post at least three samples using the template provided!
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

User ImageUser Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:20 am
Getty'up Pony!

Name:
Tirokio
Availability?
Semi-Quarterly
What Position?
Preference on Edit but will go Unedit!
Do you have Instant Messenger? |
Yes
Are you open to being considered for other positions?
Yes!
Have you worked in other shops on Gaia or the B/C? If so, which ones?
I've worked for TLN, We Own the skies and Soquili as Tech staff
Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior?
All of my fellow staff can vouch for my behavior here xD
Why do you want to join Soquili?
I love being a tech staffer - but I do love coloring too. I ideally would like to color some ponies as well as continue with my role checking plot threads and assisting any new hires in the rp department with Uta if they need it. <3
User Image User Image User Image User Image
User Image User Image User ImageUser Image User Image User Image  

Tirokio

Kawaii Fairy

12,000 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cool Cat 500

Mameha Otome

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:00 am
If you want me to make two separate posts for soq/familiar I will~

Hey, You Seem Familiar!
Getty'up Pony!

Name: Mameha Otome
Availability? Full-Time, Semi-Quarterly, Bi-Annually
What Position? Both
Do you have Instant Messenger? Yes
Owner/Colorist of The Lucky Noodle - Still active and keeping the place going
Help behind the scenes at Silver Lining
And multiple misc other shops through the past years that have all either shut down or disappeared :C
Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior? icy serenade, Lady Argentum Draconis, Bullterrierlove, Pixeldeerest
Why do you want to join Soquili? I've always wanted to work for the shop, I think I've applied to every hiring and only pulled out once. I love the shop and it would give me a great chance to grow more as an artist I think.
User Image User Image User Image User Image - I apologize if for any reason this one looks strange...the PSD didn't save the shading but the PNG did. So I salvaged what I could and if I can find time (and non frustration) I will go back and do the last couple things I wanted to do.

User Image

User Image User Image User Image

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:45 pm
Getty'up Pony!
Hey, You Seem Familiar!

*Note: I have applied for many positions, as I want to get my toe in the door for whatever possible, but my preferred position is for colorist.

Name:Moxxiie
Availability? Semi-Quarterly
What Position? Either
- I want to try my hand at edits, as some of my samples are edited, but I'm not sure my skills are up to par
Do you have Instant Messenger? Y, AIM and Skype
Are you open to being considered for other positions? Y

Theia - Colorist - about 5 months (shop in hiatus)
Woof - Colorist, Manager, Certist - about 6 months (shop in hiatus)
Savah Arda - Colorist, Manager, Co-Owner, Certist - 2 years (shop now closed)
Talon - Colorist, Certist - about 6 months
Nikku Island - Colorist - about 6 months (shop now closed)
Mikku Island - Colorist - about 3 months (shop closed)

Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior?

Agneza, Sylverstar - worked with at Theia
LunaRei_SilverBlood - worked with at Talon
DarkHeartedSorrows - worked with at Woof
Natelie, tefla, Looneytaz82, catmagick - long time friends and regulars at Savah Arda

I love this shop. It's pretty much the only shop I frequent on Gaia now, and I feel I have made it my Gaia home. I would love to be able to work with the awesome staff making and finding homes for Soquili. I've always admired and aspired to be good enough to work in this shop. I know my skills need improvement and I would hope that working with so many talented artists I might be able to learn new techniques to better my own work.

I will edit in more samples as I get them done.
Editted::
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Uneditted::
User Image

Familiars::
User ImageUser Image

Art::
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Plushes::

Some plushes have edits that were not done by me. I'm mostly linking plushes for the coloration and overall designs. If I am needed to edit and show which ones have edits that were not mine, please let me know.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

BC Pets//CYO::
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Moxxiie
Crew

Questionable Explorer

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:17 pm
Getty'up Pony!

Name:
-_Wish of Tevarae_-
Availability?
Full-Time, Semi-Quarterly
What Position?
Either
Do you have Instant Messenger?
Y
Are you open to being considered for other positions?
Y
Kitsusagi, Andicuri Dragons, My Little Pony
Kitsune Mistress Nyoko
Das Tor
Redbud-Tree

I've always wanted to be a part of the Soquili crew. I love the art and the atmosphere! I think I'd be able to eventually work up to where I match the levels of those around me, and would just adore being part of the staff~.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:13 pm
Getty'up Pony!

Name: Celeanor
Availability? Full-Time
What Position? Color Only
Do you have Instant Messenger? Y
Are you open to being considered for other positions? (i.e. if you are looking to be a full-sized colorist, we might offer you a familiar position if we don't think the larger canvas fits. Or if you're an exceptional familiar colorist, we might offer you a full-sized position.) Y
Have you worked in other shops on Gaia or the B/C? If so, which ones? Soquili (Independent Contractor, lol! -- aka Trading Post person way back when that was a thing) and Sands of Pern.
Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior? Uta, Miss Cherie, Cihiru,
Why do you want to join Soquili? I like horse butts and I cannot lie~

User Image User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
[[ More in progress! ]]

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Celeanor
Crew

Dangerous Lunatic

Eranas

Eloquent Pusher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:41 pm
Getty'up Pony!
Name: Eranas
Availability? Semi-Quarterly or Bi-Annually
What Position? Either. (My main focus is really to get better at doing edits on the lines and more creative coloring)
Do you have Instant Messenger? Yes
Have you worked in other shops on Gaia or the B/C? If so, which ones? Yes I have, I've worked in several b/cs that have died or gone on hiatus. Currently I work for Rammalin, Hellbound [Part Time], Draku [Breeder Only], and PokéExplorers [Hiatus.]
Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior? Vethrfolnir, LunaRei_Silverblood, Ririka, Eauo
Why do you want to join Soquili? Honestly I have been trying for years (Missed the last one lol) But it's not because of the popularity but because I like that there's a constant variety of people that stick to the thread. I also want to grow as a colorist in ways that I can't without certain quotas.
[One] [Two] [Three] [ WIP Four]
Other miscellaneous art you've created: [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]

Archived

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas