Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [ Journals ]... // Player Forum
[J] Xun Jiang :: Ti Lung Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:51 pm
Commune With Nature

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:08 pm
A Potion Question

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:45 pm
An Issue Of Size

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:42 pm
Ancient Stirrings

Meditation simply was not his forte at all... But Xun Jiang had tried anything else that he could think of.

Illisia had never been one to meditate. She could understand the gesture, but the woman had never been very spiritual. Instead of calming, the night elven woman had found trying to meditate made her restless. She had always been more prone to action than anything else. As a sentinel, it had been her job to be at the front lines. As a druidess, nature had been something she could touch, smell, feel all around her rather than some abstract force she could not quite visualize.

It seemed like this particular trait of his host was still present in what she had become. Ti Lung sat, in the low waters near the small island of his and Forest's dwelling that had become his hide-away when he needed the peace. He sat, legs and arms crossed, the water lapping at midrift level, and felt quite silly indeed.

He should have known that would not work. No matter how much he tried to focus, it was obvious that he was getting nowhere fast. The Dragon King sighed, shaking his head, and opened his eyes, giving up for the time being.

Ti Lung had not expected to see Aysu sitting right in front of him, with a rather amused expression on his face.

”What the- ?!?” He jumped back – literally was on his feet and backing away in a second flat, which seemed to amuse the aoide greatly – thankfully, his laugh was not one of those loud, easily audibles from mile away laughs that Lindita was known to use at the worse moments, which meant that at the very least, Aysu was not drawing attention to the scene.

”I was wondering when you would notice me.” The aoide managed in between laughs.

”Way to scare someone, Aysu !” He tried to look at serious and upset as he could,Tr but he could not wipe the stupid, amused grin off his face no matter how hard he tried. [Nicely played, boy. Of course, every action has it's consequences, and the Dragon King would attempt to one-up his servant soon enough. They both were very well aware of this.

”You looked quite frustrated there, through.” Aysu sat in the water without caring much that he would get wet. ”If you would allow me to ask, my lord... What exactly were you trying to do ?”

Xun Jiang sat back into the shallow water as his aoide did, crossing his legs once again and running his fingers idly along the surface. ”I was trying to meditate. As you have noticed, it was not working to well.

”Are you still trying to remember, my lord ?” Aysu made a face. He could not blame the aoide there – Aysu knew very well how the only successful attempt had turned out.

”Yes... I just...” The Dragon King shook his head. ”I get the feeling that I am overlooking something important... Something that I need to remember. Anything else I...” He sighed. ”Everything else can remain lost to the ages... But if it is possible for me to remember something, then I feel like I must at least try. I know there are things you and Lindita cannot recall, as well.”

”It was a side-effect of the sleeping spell that we were put under.” Aysu nodded in turn, resting his head on his raised knees. ”The long sleep muddled our memories... But it is still better than ages upon ages of life while you were...”

”I know.” He gave Aysu a small smile. Ti Lung would not force his servant to speak the obvious truth. ”Surely, there were others... Do they still sleep ?

The aoide did not answer at first, which made the Dtagon King raise one eyebrow, through thanks to his current form, it was not as noticeable as usual. Touchy subject ?

”Only Lindita and I remain. The others died.” Aysu did not seem to wish to tell exactly how. In fact, his eyes were pleading that he would not be asked to elaborate, as the aoide stared at his master.

”I see...” And he would not force it out of the aoide. It was unfortunate, but there was nothing any of them could truly do. ”I am glad that you and Lindita are here, through.”

”You honor us, my lord.” The shadows vanished, and Aysu's relief was nearly tangible, through the aoide turned pensive a few seconds later. ”Hmm...”

”What is it, Aysu ?”

”I was thinking... Maybe if you went somewhere you have gone to before... Maybe it might make you remember, if that place was important to you ?”

...That was a good idea, he had to admit. It made sense, in a way. ”How would I know if I have been somewhere before, through ? I do not...”

”My lord.” Aysu smiled, patient as he always was. ”Why do you always act like you have to do anything on your own ?

”I do not-” Eyes narrowed slightly, through Aysu still looked quite amused indeed. Because the aoide knew that he was right. Well played, again. ”But... Your memory...”

”Is not what it used to be, yes.” Aysu nodded. ”But there are some things that I do remember. Not with perfect clarity, but I can recall some locations.”

Hm. He had not seen it this way... Maybe he was too used to his own clear cut case of everything or nothing. ”What do you remember, then ?”

”I remember...” The aoide went quiet for a moment. ”A mountain range.... Far away. Nested in the mountains is an ancient wellspring.... One of the firsts... One of the first that I have personally seen, at the very least.”

...That was certainly better than he could remember, at least. Vague or not, a lead was a lead. ”Do you remember where is it, Aysu ? On which world ?” That was well and good, but if it had no way to find it... Well, it would not be as helpful. Especially since he could not remember anything...

”The Calparan Ranges, I believe...” It still was not much, but Ti Lung would be able to puzzle it out with a location. At least he hoped so.

”I should be able to find it... Thank you, Aysu.”

”Just do not wait for me to track you down next time you need something, my lord.” The aoide grinned, before standing to go back to his duties.  

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:44 pm
Pic-A-Nic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:53 pm
It's No Secret

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer