Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:44 pm
Being this short sucked.

The day before, he had been with Whisteria, who had been able to make a path for him, at least. He had gone home to very amused aoidei - Lindita had still been giggling when he had left in the morning - and he had decided to head back to the market once more. He had promised Rou and Neith to drop by more often, and hopefully he would one day manage to get the two mortals to come with him to the pantheon for a change.

Well, he could still do that, even if he currently was not quite what the two would expect him to be.

That was the plan. If he could make it through the market. The streets were like an ever shifting sea at this hour, and the dragon king had known this well. But he had never expected it to truly be this bad ! Before, he had both height and extra limbs to make himself a path if he needed to, but now he was overlooked more than not.

Which meant accidental slamming intos. Apologies were flying back and forth, and it took a few minutes for Ti Lung to finally make his way to the center of the market.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:29 pm
Cosine was quite happy being small, she was used to it and it meant that people looked at you less. Even when you did have wings. The market was a noisy place, it was not unusual for there to be disagreements and apologies flying all over the place. If being tall meant you could see over the top of everyone, being small meant you could weave in and out. Cosine too was in the middle of the market, examining one of the stalls. She had been looking for inspiration but now was distracted by some of the pretties on the stalls.  

midnight_medea

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:45 pm
...Well, would you just look at that. Apparently he was not the only deity out in the market today, and annoyance was quickly turning into an opportunity for mischief. Well, if he was stuck like this for the time being, then the Dragon King might as well make the best of it, right ?

Still, making his way to the stall Numbers was looking at took some careful maneuvering. "Looking for something ?"

Cosine was likely bound to look... for well, him, which could end up being comical.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:25 pm
Ah, yes she certainly recognised the voice, Xun. Smiling she turned, looked right over the head of the young man standing next to her. Nope, no dragon king there, she looked the other way and raised an eyebrow. Nope, not there either. She frowned a little, her gaze finally falling on the person who might have spoken.
"Xun?" She thought it was best to query her thoughts ... you never knew with gods after all.

midnight_medea

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:40 pm
Fffftttt...

It was hard enough to look normal when she looked at him - and when the goddess of Numbers looked the other way, the Dragon King more or less lost it.

"Sorry." He somehow managed, shaking his head. "But the look on your face..." Had been downright hysterical. Worth a thousand words right there.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:11 pm
He was lucky she was one of the gods that possessed a sense of humour. She laughed with him and shook her head in amusement at herself. Surely she would have been able to tell?
"What on earth are you doing running around like that?"

midnight_medea

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:32 pm
"That is a long story. Involving potions not working exactly in the way they used to." No surprise there, but it had to be tested... just in case. He would rather go to Aejiss fully confident that he had everything that he could control more or less in control, if he was to go at all.

Of course, he had no idea if the potion would work the exact same way twice... But if it gave him a similar form the other way around, it would be good enough for him.

Still, like this he was just barely taller than he was. He figured the goddess might find it amusing, and to be honest he would not mind too much.

"But a question beckons a question." He teased. "So I must ask again - Are you looking for anything specific ?" Something he could aid with, perhaps ?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:34 am
"Statistically they rarely do." the corner of the goddess's lips quirked into a half smirk. She was highly amused that he was almost her height. She didn't see the need to be tall, she was a goddess and could make her authority felt without towering over people. Though one day perhaps she would have to give it a try, just for fun.

"Specific, no not really. I had been looking for inspiration, I am drawing up some plans for a temple. I have been distracted however and was thinking about gifts for the children."

midnight_medea

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:16 pm
"Well, yes." She had a point. Things like potions rarely worked the exact same way more than once, even on the same person. Slight variation of ingredients, perhaps. He was neither alchemist or statistician to know for sure. "But what is the probability of results being completely unexpected ?" The potion has been meant to make him a night elf. He was very much not a night elf.

Whisteria's face had been priceless, but he figured his own had not been much better.

"A temple ?" This was not something that had crossed his own mind. He could not even remember if he had one, in the past... "Have you thought about it's location yet ?" He was curious, he had to admit. If he currently had his tail, it would probably be wagging back and forth at this moment.

And gifts for the three, hm. "Things that are not too fragile would probably be the best bet." He chuckled.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:51 pm
"Fair I would say." She was not chance so an accurate estimate was beyond her. "Yes, I have found the perfect location, about an hour walk from the Pantheon. It is on a hill with a view of the sea and hopefully the stars." As for presents he was right of course, something they could not eat or break.
"Well Kyrie certainly likes her shiny things. The other two though ..."

midnight_medea

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:09 pm
All this talk of chance and probabilities were leagues over him, really. "I do not see it being permanent through." Which was the important thing in his mind. It was not permanent on mortals, so it certainly would not be on someone with divine attribute.

The lack of wings and tail bothered him more than the height, really. The Dragon King did not feel like himself at all without the few features he had recovered. As much as especially the wings got in the way... He felt downright strange if he was without them for too long.

"Oh, that sounds lovely. I will get to visit, yes ? Or am I too much of a danger to carefully-constructed temples ?" Xun Jiang teased. "I say dig them a pool and let them go at it. That worked well enough last time."

Merry trouble he had been caught into, last time. And he had, of course, loved every second of it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:01 pm
"Well that is good. We couldn't have a dragon unable to be a dragon." She smiled and nudged him with her elbow. "Has Glyph seen you?" She could imagine that being an amusing meeting. Evenmoreso than her own. "Of course you can come and visit, and as for pools, we have a bath they can splash around in. I was thinking a gift that is not so difficult to clean up after."  

midnight_medea

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:22 pm
"That certainly would not do, no." He laughed. Through, well, he had not tried to shift, come to think about it. He knew druids could shift without breaking the illusion, but it was usually better not to be seen, as that could easily give one's identity away.

"Not yet." Xun Jiang admitted. "He has been mostly caught up in his own domain since we came back..." And the Dragon King saw no reason to stop his lover from doing so. Both he and Cosine knew all too well the effects the harsh deserts of Daelyth had on Forest. It was odd to think that he himself had been less affected because he was still half-mortal. "And honestly, I would not mind if he did not get to see me like this. I would get a nice helping of karma, I figure."

He nodded in acknowledgement of the first statement, then laughed. "That is true..." He did not have that problem, really. If Cosine ever saw where he and Glyph lived, then she would understand. If water splashed everywhere, then that just meant the trees and grass got some direct water. "Hmmm... WE can keep looking then ?" He offered.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:59 am
"Well I will keep it a secret then." Cosine smiled warmly and linked her arm through Xun's. They were a similar height after all so it seemed a natural thing, as well as keeping together in the bustling market.
"I would like some help and some company. I think perhaps a little bracelet or something for Kyrie, and maybe one for Cae too. Isi, I am not sure though. Girls are so much easier to buy for."

midnight_medea

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:24 am
"It is good to have a good co-conspirator." He grinned. For all that he looked so human, he still looked just as wild as he usually did - the hair certainly helped. It was not quite the usual mane-like messiness, but close. It seemed like Xun Jiang's hair simply did not know how to behave.

"Hm..." It had been hard to really judge the children's personalities from only one visit, and the dragon found himself musing. "Does he like bone ? I know Ankou seems to like it..." And Isidore was a lot like his father. It was a stretch, but it was an idea.

[RP archives, logs, events, Etc. ]... // Stories and Their Telling

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff