Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Friend

14,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Citizen 200
S u r f For L o v e
Not if he remains open about them. Think back to the days before he was usurped. They had lists and stuff like he has been talking about on what to fix and how to fix it. And they were always forthcoming with information on why things weren't working out... up until legal stuff got in the way. Sure we will always have that ONE group of people who just cannot be happy. But it won't be the "Masses". =)

heart Quote me for response, My daughter keeps me very busy! heart
You have way too much faith in people. I've seen this time and time again. It won't matter how open he is. If he can't pull miracles off, whether it's not being fast enough or not being able to do something... People are gonna start complaining again. Because I was here back then, and even before the changeover this place was full of whining about minor things.

Devoted Wife

21,700 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Married 100
Anakha the Silver
S u r f For L o v e
Not if he remains open about them. Think back to the days before he was usurped. They had lists and stuff like he has been talking about on what to fix and how to fix it. And they were always forthcoming with information on why things weren't working out... up until legal stuff got in the way. Sure we will always have that ONE group of people who just cannot be happy. But it won't be the "Masses". =)

You have way too much faith in people. I've seen this time and time again. It won't matter how open he is. If he can't pull miracles off, whether it's not being fast enough or not being able to do something... People are gonna start complaining again. Because I was here back then, and even before the changeover this place was full of whining about minor things.

Well I did say not everyone... that's the one thing that doesn't change no matter what you do or where you go. can't make everyone happy. I just have more faith in the "Masses" part, the whining and complaining has been around since the beginning. But it wasn't as bad as it's been. I feel like things are looking up. =) maybe I am too optimistic. But I prefer to have hope. heart

Al Oxa's Fangirl

Naughty Wife

15,025 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Loiterer 100
Slutty_Eddie
2. The unique guilds were very difficult to find. For example, I was browsing for German speaking guilds last month, because my goal is to learn Deutsch by 2020. I was unable to find an active one in an hour of searching, even though there are many advertised.

Unrelated to the topic: if you have not already checked out Duolingo, I recommend you do so. I am using it myself to learn German and French (working more on German right now). Also, if you haven't already, you could possibly find a native German speaker to communicate with on Gaia! smile

Sarcastic Prophet

I just wanted to take a moment to express just how much it means to me to hear you say this. Gaia's guilds have been my online home for almost a decade, and though it's easy to feel like an ignored, small, outdated corner of this site, it warms my heart to hear you, of all people, affirm the worth and the tremendous amount of promise that the Gaia Guild Network has.

For the first time in almost three years, I am optimistic and overjoyed at what the upcoming year is going to hold for this community. I'll spend 2017 the same way I've spent the last ten years: hanging out in my favorite guilds and cheering you on.

lanzer
    My heart is really in having a great guild system. It still baffles me how we never reached the level that I wanted to be with guilds. I have to be honest that we will be focusing on some of the more major features first, such as improvements to forums, but it is my wish to have a guild system that is even more popular and enjoyable than the forum itself.

Newbie Noob

machinations
Slutty_Eddie
2. The unique guilds were very difficult to find. For example, I was browsing for German speaking guilds last month, because my goal is to learn Deutsch by 2020. I was unable to find an active one in an hour of searching, even though there are many advertised.

Unrelated to the topic: if you have not already checked out Duolingo, I recommend you do so. I am using it myself to learn German and French (working more on German right now). Also, if you haven't already, you could possibly find a native German speaker to communicate with on Gaia! smile
I don't like Duolingo, just because the speaker is terrible and it ignores punctuation.

Al Oxa's Fangirl

Naughty Wife

15,025 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Loiterer 100
Slutty_Eddie
machinations
Slutty_Eddie

I don't like Duolingo, just because the speaker is terrible and it ignores punctuation.

fair enough!
Welcome back. smile

Profitable Prophet

Welcome back!

Even though I know new changes will take a while to implement, and that things probably won't go back to the way they were back in Ye Olden Days, it's exciting to know that there's someone at the helm that cares about Gaia not just a investment, but as a culture.

Thanks for coming back!
Now give us more Waffles photos.

Unholy Knight

10,575 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Anakha the Silver
I'm waiting on everyone in here to turn on Lanzer when he can't pull off the miracles you guys want. Sure, he'll be able to fix some things, but there are other things that can't be fixed at this point without shutting down the site, nuking our gold and inventories, etc.

So please guys, keep your hopes realistic?
I've always liked Lanzer. You are correct however, in that people should keep their expectations reasonable. Very well grounded and logical. 3nodding

Nothing is going to be perfect. Nothing is going to happen overnight. Doing damage repair is going to take a LOT of work and funds.

Lanzer needs our support in the long run.
Welcome back, Lanzer.

I know you have a daunting task ahead of you, and I understand you're getting blasted with a lot of flack that was primarily cause by others, but remember, this community really does love and appreciate you. You can see that reflected in all the Lanzer items this community still uses. I can barely visit a forum that doesn't have aquarium siggys featuring Lanzer stickers on them. Not to mention all the Waffles items that we can't get enough of.

I hope people will realize that this site wasn't built in a day, and took a few years to become one of the most amazing interactive social networking sites on the net, and it's going to take some time to get it back on that platform. Meanwhile, I hope you'll not take some of the anger and frustration being vented around here, personally. You've always been great when it comes to interacting with us, and communicating with and to us; whereas the other guy never even introduced himself and even banned people for mentioning him. He never understood that Gaia is a community, and as a community, we rely on communication. You do. That's why for the first time in four years, I have hope that Gaia will be a wonderful site once again, and I think as time goes on and improvement are made, the attitudes around here are going to change dramatically.

Demonic Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
Anakha the Silver
Penn Almasy
Anakha the Silver
I'm waiting on everyone in here to turn on Lanzer when he can't pull off the miracles you guys want. Sure, he'll be able to fix some things, but there are other things that can't be fixed at this point without shutting down the site, nuking our gold and inventories, etc.

The happiness comes from finally having someone who at least we KNOW gives a s**t about this site taking control of the helm again.

Yes, there are probably some hopes and dreams that are, at least as of right now, pretty unfeasible (e.g. rezzing zOMG! in a safe form). But it's baby steps towards a long recovery.
I wish I had faith in the masses not turning on him. Because I guarantee you that when he can't deliver on the miracles people want, they will.

This isn't Tumblr or a *chan. The masses can also be convinced to not freak out and lash at a man who has a very loaded plate in front of him.

Destitute Millionaire

Penn Almasy
Anakha the Silver
Penn Almasy
Anakha the Silver

The happiness comes from finally having someone who at least we KNOW gives a s**t about this site taking control of the helm again.

Yes, there are probably some hopes and dreams that are, at least as of right now, pretty unfeasible (e.g. rezzing zOMG! in a safe form). But it's baby steps towards a long recovery.
I wish I had faith in the masses not turning on him. Because I guarantee you that when he can't deliver on the miracles people want, they will.

This isn't Tumblr or a *chan. The masses can also be convinced to not freak out and lash at a man who has a very loaded plate in front of him.

Site founders should be fine unless they do something that the users find horribly wrong.

Demonic Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
Alexius08
Penn Almasy
Anakha the Silver
Penn Almasy
Anakha the Silver

Site founders should be fine unless they do something that the users find horribly wrong.

There you go.

And Lanzer seems to be the last sort of person to willingly step on the toes of his site's userbase.

Militant Magician

I'm so relieved to hear he's back. Hopefully I can increase my activity on this site again soon!
Alexius08

I think that this example is terrific show case for the fact that all founders of companies are prone to making mistakes, and I for one is prone to make mistakes in the near future, if not already. sweatdrop

The only thing I wish for is to be able to quickly course correct and be open about address my mistakes, and I'll be listening to criticisms and open to making apologies when mistakes happen.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff