Welcome to Gaia! ::

Was this guide helpful?

Yes 0.6329185520362 63.3% [ 7833 ]
No (leave suggestion) 0.023917259211377 2.4% [ 296 ]
Avast, there be gold in this thread 0.14358435681965 14.4% [ 1777 ]
My fish like polls, and clicking this is more gentle on my fingers than tapping their glass 0.19957983193277 20.0% [ 2470 ]
Total Votes:[ 12376 ]
< 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 191 192 193 > >> >>> »|

This is definitely the most thorough and well-thought out guide I've seen so far. whee Thank you!

Some info about the goldfish drops: I got a Goldfish Scarf from one of the drops I got from when my fish naturally died. I think I've opened about six drops total so far, so I guess I just got lucky.

I wonder if the happiness of your fish when it dies has something to do with the quality of the item you get from its drop, you know? It would seem more fair to those who actually care for their fish and let them live as long as they can, rather than rewarding people who boil their goldfish to death to get the drops as quickly as possible. neutral

4,850 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
Angel LunaBelle

Do you get fish droppings when your fishies die? Can the overseer give you some?

as far as i know, the only people who have gotten Drops have received them after one of their fish has died.

4,850 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
Iyou
This is definitely the most thorough and well-thought out guide I've seen so far. whee Thank you!

Some info about the goldfish drops: I got a Goldfish Scarf from one of the drops I got from when my fish naturally died. I think I've opened about six drops total so far, so I guess I just got lucky.

I wonder if the happiness of your fish when it dies has something to do with the quality of the item you get from its drop, you know? It would seem more fair to those who actually care for their fish and let them live as long as they can, rather than rewarding people who boil their goldfish to death to get the drops as quickly as possible. neutral

Thanks so much!

That is actually an excellent theory. From now on, I'm going to keep close attention to the happiness of each of my fish. I only have one Goldfish, though, and he only when in the tank a couple days ago.

Did you happen to remember what the happiness was of each of your Goldfish when they died?

Feral Lunatic

50,800 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Party Member 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
I don't believe that theory of drops is true, although there's no definitive proof one way or another, but some things to consider:

A. The drops appear to work like random giftboxes. For Gaia to somehow tweak what you have inside your drop would take a lot more effort. It may work with the overseer, which is linked to your tank and doesn't move, but the drops are just items which can be traded and therefore have no tie to the original owner's stats.

B. I've only seen one person that posted their stats after receiving a scarf (which means I can't know if they were being honest or anything) and her tank health was only around 13% with the goldfish at about 7070.

Also, you can't boil goldfish to death, can you? I had my mule's on boiling and Reef Riff for several days and although the happiness never went up, the fish didn't die. o_< Although that might have been before they really had the death system up and running.

Yeah, I've been lurking around this thread but had nothing else to post until now. XD But thanks for the front page mention. =3
That would be very awesome if the gift giving worked that way with the drops. But alas, I don't think it is aswell. I've had about 7 goldfish die on me between accounts........ possibly more. They were all really happy, but meh....... XD

4,850 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
Da Flea
I don't believe that theory of drops is true, although there's no definitive proof one way or another, but some things to consider:

A. The drops appear to work like random giftboxes. For Gaia to somehow tweak what you have inside your drop would take a lot more effort. It may work with the overseer, which is linked to your tank and doesn't move, but the drops are just items which can be traded and therefore have no tie to the original owner's stats.

B. I've only seen one person that posted their stats after receiving a scarf (which means I can't know if they were being honest or anything) and her tank health was only around 13% with the goldfish at about 9070.

Also, you can't boil goldfish to death, can you? I had my mule's on boiling and Reef Riff for several days and although the happiness never went up, the fish didn't die. o_< Although that might have been before they really had the death system up and running.

Yeah, I've been lurking around this thread but had nothing else to post until now. XD But thanks for the front page mention. =3

Those are all very good point. 9070 seems like a pretty high score, but I think you're right in saying that getting Drops being effected by Happiness might be too complicated. I'll still try to keep an eye out for it, even though it seems unlikely

No, Boiling wont directly kill your fish in the way that you might think. The happier your fish are though, the longer they live. So setting your aquarium to Boiling when the fish in it don't like that water (or the other settings you have) will reduce their live span.

4,850 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
Light_mage_Christina
thank you

Happy to help mrgreen

Feral Lunatic

50,800 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Party Member 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
My goldfish was at 7096 when it died, so I assumed that it was a fairly average number, although if I stop to add up the points per day, then I suppose that is pretty high XP

I'm interested to know how much the settings affect the lifespan, like if some fish can take more abuse than others, if there's a way to alternate which fish are happiest and get the full lifespan for all of them, etc. But a study like that would take much longer and be harder to verify. o_<

4,850 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
Da Flea
My goldfish was at 9096 when it died, so I assumed that it was a fairly average number, although if I stop to add up the points per day, then I suppose that is pretty high XP

I'm interested to know how much the settings affect the lifespan, like if some fish can take more abuse than others, if there's a way to alternate which fish are happiest and get the full lifespan for all of them, etc. But a study like that would take much longer and be harder to verify. o_<

That's a really interesting idea. It would take multiple run throughs to verify the information, but running an experiment like that would probably require four accounts to have their aquariums started at the same time, with the same fish and decorations. One with 3/3 preferences, one with 2/3, one with 1/3, and one with 0/3.

Since there are more than eight types of fish now too, it would take a long time. Hmmm

Shameless Cultist

24,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
yay for being mentioned heart

on a side note to the post above mine, was it 9096 or 7096, cause it you got it up over 2000 points I'm impressed o_o
other than that, I've had fish died on happiness of 50, 70, 78, and 86; the first two amounts were from a tank where they were slightly abused(put on setting they disliked; the second two amounts were in a tank where they were better taken care of

I don't know if this is useful, but I figured I'd add my numbers in case they were useful 3nodding
heart
This is really helpful, I'm gonna subscribe and link my friends to it
:3 good job

4,850 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
Neko-Chan666
yay for being mentioned heart

on a side note to the post above mine, was it 9096 or 7096, cause it you got it up over 2000 points I'm impressed o_o
other than that, I've had fish died on happiness of 50, 70, 78, and 86; the first two amounts were from a tank where they were slightly abused(put on setting they disliked; the second two amounts were in a tank where they were better taken care of

I don't know if this is useful, but I figured I'd add my numbers in case they were useful 3nodding

Thanks for contributing, Neko! If anyone notices what kinds of drops they got with a certain level of happiness, we could maybe do a group study on this.

4,850 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
Sahkrit
heart
This is really helpful, I'm gonna subscribe and link my friends to it
:3 good job

Thanks! Happy to help
HELP ME HAVE 2 PROBLEMS.
ABOUT 5 GOLD FISH OF MINE DIED AND I DINT GET EVEN ONE GOLDFISH DROP WHY IS THAT?
AND THE OVERSEER IS STARTING TO GIVE ME AN ITEM ABOUT FOR EXAMPLE
ONE DAY THE ITEM AND I HAVE TO WAIT 2 DAYS FOR THE OTHER ANY IDEAS?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff