Welcome to Gaia! ::

Was this guide helpful?

Yes 0.6329185520362 63.3% [ 7833 ]
No (leave suggestion) 0.023917259211377 2.4% [ 296 ]
Avast, there be gold in this thread 0.14358435681965 14.4% [ 1777 ]
My fish like polls, and clicking this is more gentle on my fingers than tapping their glass 0.19957983193277 20.0% [ 2470 ]
Total Votes:[ 12376 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 191 192 193 > >> >>> »|

this thread was very helpful. Thanks.
My tank's happiness is in the early 30's but its still called a prison, how long before the message changes? Like 40 and then does it always take so long before the message changes between happiness levels?

4,850 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
VodkaLeona
this thread was very helpful. Thanks.

great! i'm glad it helped!

pureevil230
My tank's happiness is in the early 30's but its still called a prison, how long before the message changes? Like 40 and then does it always take so long before the message changes between happiness levels?

The description of your tanks Health changes every 20%. So at 0%, 20%, 40%, 60%, 80%, and 100% you'll have a new message.

So yeah, it always takes a little while.
o. ok thanx.

4,850 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
pureevil230
o. ok thanx.

No problem biggrin
Novocain
Falwynne
speaking of Overseer glitches, does anyone know how to fix the "disappearing Overseer" one?

I honestly had not heard of this problem. What i would do is post in the sticky at the top of the Aquarium Forum for the Overseer not giving items.

Edit: Actually, i just went over there and Developer chuckP2 has a sticky that says if you can't see your Overseer the you should send him a PM.

I got my overseer back! heart heart heart THANK YOU! Although it wasn't how I thought i'd get it back.

4,850 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
Falwynne
Novocain
Falwynne
speaking of Overseer glitches, does anyone know how to fix the "disappearing Overseer" one?

I honestly had not heard of this problem. What i would do is post in the sticky at the top of the Aquarium Forum for the Overseer not giving items.

Edit: Actually, i just went over there and Developer chuckP2 has a sticky that says if you can't see your Overseer the you should send him a PM.

I got my overseer back! heart heart heart THANK YOU! Although it wasn't how I thought i'd get it back.

lol um... you're welcome?

how'd you end up getting it back?

4,850 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
I just added a link to a petition that Neko-Chan666 started in the first post of this thread under Aquarium News.

The petition is to ask that numbers be returned to the way that fish happiness is shown. This could be just numbers, numbers and hearts (or an option between the two), or even an entirely new method that includes both numerical and visual data.

If you feel that numbers helped you tell how happy your fish were getting, please go and sign.
Novocain
Falwynne

lol um... you're welcome?

how'd you end up getting it back?

it was some sort of system glitch that put it, as well as a fish that was supposed to be in my tank, into my item storage.... I hadn't even thought of looking there, because well... I can't even move them in my inventory.Not sure how this will effect the aging of my fish confused .
User Image

I signed Neko's petition but I think there's something else that Gaia needs to fix.
A friend of mine pointed out how annoying it was that the fish and tank items in use were still showing up in the trades or when shopping. those items should be locked in the same way the clothes you're wearing are locked/not displayed.
Novocain
Vislumbre
Oh, another question, I don't know if you know anything about this but:

Do you get a better prize out of a fish drop depending on how well the fish was taken care of?

That's a good question, and there isn't a definite answer to that yet. Generally, people are saying no though. That sometimes they'll get nice drops from unhappy fish and vice versa.

Neko_boy_Lars
I can't seem to make my fish happier and all there prefferences are in effect.

Their happiness won't go up immediately. It takes a little while. It should go up at least once everyday. It's harder to tell now that the heart system is in place than it was when you could see the numbers, but a good way of knowing is how quickly the health in your aquarium is going up.

my fish are old and they wont get any happier. i want the blue bar back. at least then i could tell they were getting happier.

4,850 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
ceirwy
User Image

I signed Neko's petition but I think there's something else that Gaia needs to fix.
A friend of mine pointed out how annoying it was that the fish and tank items in use were still showing up in the trades or when shopping. those items should be locked in the same way the clothes you're wearing are locked/not displayed.

i agree! that could end badly for people who have more than one of the same kind of fish
hey i just realized fish grow i put in a new cuttlefish and hes smaller than the old one. do the growing help u tell how happy they are?

4,850 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
Neko_boy_Lars
hey i just realized fish grow i put in a new cuttlefish and hes smaller than the old one. do the growing help u tell how happy they are?

That's a good question.

To add variety to the appearance of fish (especially when you have more than one of the same species) their size is randomly determined when you put them in your tank. That way it's easier to tell them apart from one another. It does seem as though fish can grow though. This seems to be more connected to how long they're in your tank than how happy they are.
Thank you so much Novocain! You're method is very well thought out. 3nodding My Cuttlefish always seemed depressed. Now they can finally stop being emo and get on with their fishy lives. By the way, would you happen to know if feeding them more than once daily makes them happier? Or is it pointless?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff