Welcome to Gaia! ::

Was this guide helpful?

Yes 0.6329185520362 63.3% [ 7833 ]
No (leave suggestion) 0.023917259211377 2.4% [ 296 ]
Avast, there be gold in this thread 0.14358435681965 14.4% [ 1777 ]
My fish like polls, and clicking this is more gentle on my fingers than tapping their glass 0.19957983193277 20.0% [ 2470 ]
Total Votes:[ 12376 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 7 ... 191 192 193 > >> >>> »|

Just curious, but how does the population of the tank and the items in the tank effect the cuttlefish? My tank has a few items in it, 8 fish (4 goldfish, 2 arrow fish and 1 sharktooth), I've had my cuttlefish for 2 days now and its happieness is at 1002. My friend just got her cuttlefish yesterday, doesnt have any items in the tank and only 3 other fish (2 goldfish and 1 arrow fish) and her cuttlefish jumped up to 1008 over night. Our light/temp/music settings are identical though and we both feed them 5 times a day.
Novocain
Athena1964
Novocain
thanks Athena, but i have my own information xd I got called away from the computer before i could finish setting up.

Edit: if you want to keep track of how those settings effect your fishes' happiness, that might be useful later, and i'll credit you for keeping track

Lol, of course XD I decided that I would like to make my self feel special by saying I helped XD Lol, I'll keep the their happiness in check and what not. So far the Starfish went up 2 happiness points from yesterday, so he's at 20,004 now. That Cuttlefish is a stingy fish XD

thanks for the help!

my Cuttlefish is at 1012 now and my Starfish is at 20008, they both went up 4 points from yesterday. my Octopii and Arrowfish both only went up 2 though.

it looks like fish can be happy with a setting, but could be happier with another. hmmmmm.... i wish there was a way of testing that out without needing to wait a day for their scores to increase.

I could probably try that out. I have several (shocking, no?) mule accounts that could test that theory out?

4,850 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
snogurl123
Just curious, but how does the population of the tank and the items in the tank effect the cuttlefish? My tank has a few items in it, 8 fish (4 goldfish, 2 arrow fish and 1 sharktooth), I've had my cuttlefish for 2 days now and its happieness is at 1002. My friend just got her cuttlefish yesterday, doesnt have any items in the tank and only 3 other fish (2 goldfish and 1 arrow fish) and her cuttlefish jumped up to 1008 over night. Our light/temp/music settings are identical though and we both feed them 5 times a day.

The items in the tank will effect the cuttlefish the same way as any other fish. Did your friend have seven other fish in her tank when she put in her cuttlefish or did she add other fish to the tank after adding it in? When adding fish to my tank, i've sometimes noticed jumps in their happiness level afterward because more happy fish will increase your aquariums overall health.

That could be the reason behind the difference in numbers. My cuttlefish has been in my tank for three days now and his happiness is at 1012. What are the settings in your aquarium?

4,850 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
Athena1964
Novocain
Athena1964
Novocain
thanks Athena, but i have my own information xd I got called away from the computer before i could finish setting up.

Edit: if you want to keep track of how those settings effect your fishes' happiness, that might be useful later, and i'll credit you for keeping track

Lol, of course XD I decided that I would like to make my self feel special by saying I helped XD Lol, I'll keep the their happiness in check and what not. So far the Starfish went up 2 happiness points from yesterday, so he's at 20,004 now. That Cuttlefish is a stingy fish XD

thanks for the help!

my Cuttlefish is at 1012 now and my Starfish is at 20008, they both went up 4 points from yesterday. my Octopii and Arrowfish both only went up 2 though.

it looks like fish can be happy with a setting, but could be happier with another. hmmmmm.... i wish there was a way of testing that out without needing to wait a day for their scores to increase.

I could probably try that out. I have several (shocking, no?) mule accounts that could test that theory out?

that would be wicked handy! i have one mule account and can try a couple fish there. just pick some settings and keep rotating one each day and take not of the effect. i'll probably start with Natural Light at Boiling, then rotate through each song before turning down my temperature and going through the music again.

let me know what you figure out!

Generous Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Great guide I didn't know music and tempter effected each other

4,850 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
Forgotten Spector
Great guide I didn't know music and tempter effected each other

Yup, all kinds of different settings can effect one another biggrin I'm glad the guide helped you out.
Excellent guide!
I'll be using this often
Avast, there be gold in this thread
Any idea how often I should feed my fishies?
Novocain
Athena1964
Novocain
Athena1964
Novocain

thanks for the help!

that would be wicked handy! i have one mule account and can try a couple fish there. just pick some settings and keep rotating one each day and take not of the effect. i'll probably start with Natural Light at Boiling, then rotate through each song before turning down my temperature and going through the music again.

let me know what you figure out!

Will do. I'll let you know my findings after a couple days. I'll be able to let you know about the Gold, Arrow, Cuttle, and Starfish happiness points. I don't have the other guys yet =)

4,850 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
AyaKage

You only need to feed them once a day. I've found that my fish's scores will go up for the day when i've fed them, but if i refresh the screen and try to feed them more than that their scores wont be affected one way or the other.
User Image
User Image

@{(-_____-)}@

nice guide i'm gonna be using that for this starfish tank

@{(-_____-)}@

4,850 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
5ushi
User Image
User Image

@{(-_____-)}@

nice guide i'm gonna be using that for this starfish tank

@{(-_____-)}@

eek That's a lot of Starfish! I really like how they live in a canopy of clouds.

If you happen to notice what combonations of settings increase Starfish scores by two and what ones increase it by four, let me know biggrin
Novocain
AyaKage

You only need to feed them once a day. I've found that my fish's scores will go up for the day when i've fed them, but if i refresh the screen and try to feed them more than that their scores wont be affected one way or the other.

Oh... so I've been making my fishies fat... LOL

4,850 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
AyaKage
[quo mrgreen te="Novocain"]
AyaKage

Oh... so I've been making my fishies fat... LOL

That's okay, i don't think fish mind if they're fat mrgreen

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas